Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Little and large. (Dorame, Ga'loc and dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 am
Drills had become more common since thread once again fell upon the lush landscape of pern and for a lazy dragon like Paramoth the increased work load was almost more of a tragedy than the destruction the silver rain left in it's wake.

Unsurprising then, that a particularly hard morning of drills had left the brown irritable. When the wing leader at last gave the signal to end the morning work, he broke from the pack instantly and turned to glide down into the weyr bowl by one of the large bathing lakes.
On touch down Ga'loc unbuckled himself from the riding straps and jumped down beside his life long companion as he huffed, fussed and ruffled his wings. "I do not know why I have to fly extra drills just because some stuck up bronze can't fly straight and the blues are all over the place." His tail flicked and he shot a dragon glare at the lingering flight that was still breaking up and drifting apart.

"These drills might save our lives Paramoth." Ga'loc scolded gently. "Planning is everything, especially while thread if so unpredictable. The more maneuvers we have ready the better prepared we are."
Paramoth of course, could see his steady riders reasoning. But wasn't ready to admit it. "I still don't see why I should be picking up the slack of those reprobates." The brown complained. "They need to be brought up to level before they do thegroup drills."
Ga'loc frowns. "I suppose, I don't know why he favors that bronze when he is one of the weakest links".
"Yes you do." Of course they both knew and the voicing of it made the pair lap into thoughtful silence. At last Paramoth broke it.

"Now come. I deserve a bath and a good scrubbing. I might have to waste my time with those other dragons but I will not smell like them."
Ga'loc rolled his eyes at the browns imperious attitude but started to take off the rest of the riding gear still secured to his dragon. As he did he half noticed the new weyrlings spilling out into the weyrbowl across the way, finished with their own morning lessons. He had yet to get a good look at them, as he had not been at the hatching so he paused to watch.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:49 am
Sinders Path

Not being a candidate anymore was still a change that Dorame was getting over; after four turns of lessons and chores it was strange to be a Weyrling now. She had never planned on Impressing, not really. The brunette had come to the Weyr on her father's orders and planned to work her way up the political world until she was a noble once more. Marry some fat lord, become a Master Assassin. It seemed the universe had a different plan though, it had brought her and Heichath together; now, she did not know what the future held.

A quick look at the sky reminded her though, the drills, the training; fighting thread. That was going to be the biggest challenge of all, a foe that she could not cut with her blade, that she could not poison or seduce. Her only spear and shield she had was Heichath himself, her overly large blue with ambitions that matched her own. The assassin had never before had to rely on any other creature; trusting this one came easy. If the skies would change that she did not know. Heichath, totally unaware of his companion's thoughts tugged at her blue dress.

DorameMine, look at him, he is so large so strong. Heichath must introduce himself. She looked down at her dragon just in time to see him dashing across the bowl; Heichath was a sight, a bulky blue with comically large feet, he often looked like he was waddling. Dorame had promised he would grow into them, but she was becoming unsure. Maybe Heichath was just destined to keep on growing, past brown, bronze… Wait, he was not slowing down at all! The brunette let out a sigh and began to follow behind.

There was no stopping him today it seemed.

The dark blue would have probably run between the brown rider's legs if he was small enough, but instead, he slithered around them, turning only at the last moment. It made Dorame visibly cringe, it would just be her look if her little monster sent him flying. Heichath then looked up at the large dragon that his gaze had been focused on, pushing himself on his hind legs he stretched out his wings to keep him balanced; doing all he could to make himself as tall as he could. Mighty brown, Heichath is impressed by your strength and speed. How many turns have you seen?

It was only then that the tiny assassin caught up, barely over five feet tall, she was not a fast walker. Instead, she just reached out her hands, offering to take some of the gear. ”I apologise for his behaviour, he is at the age where he wants to investigate and indulge in curiosities. I think your brown won his admiration.” The tanned woman offered her condolences, knowing full well what it was like to be the centre of Heichath's affections.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:54 am
Z o m b i k ii

Paramoth was not moving apart from moving this leg or that, stretching one wing or the other as needed for his rider to free him from their riding equipment. So when Heichth came slithering round his legs like a feline on a food quest there was little chance of him tripping up the large brown. Paramoth, startled at first bent his head towards the energetic little hatchling.
"Well met little blue." The brown responded clearly quite taken by the flattery. "I have seen 15 turns since my hatching. I believe for you it has been mere days."

Now he was free of the riding gear he shook and then lowered himself gracefully onto the ground, tucking his legs close to his body. Back legs sprawled to the side. Closer to the ground he could get his head down to properly inspect his little weyr brother. "Hmmm, you have large feet and are already of a size, that bods well for your future growth little one. For the sake of the first egg I hope you are better than what is currently on offer, but that should not be hard." Even when he was being nice he couldn't help having a dig at the inferior dragon stock around him. "New blood in the weyr, hmmm, looks like a positive step. A shame your sister gold was settled as Western."

Ga'loc handed off some of the riding gear to the new girl with a grateful smile but he shouldered the majority himself. "Well well, looks like I have a little assistant, will your weyrling master mind me stealing you for a while?" he asked good-naturedly. "And do not worry about your little blue. Old Paramoth is quite tolerant of the young ones. Come on, you can help me lay out the gear over there for treatment." The leather needed to be oiled and weather treated regularly to keep it supple and fit for purpose. Ga'loc had nodded at a stretch of ground a few feet away directly in the sun where the terrain was fairly level and unblemished by rock formations.

"And if you are still around after that. Paramoth has demanded a bath and he is quite a lot of dragon to scrub. May give you some practice for when your own gets to adult size."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:03 am
Sinders Path

Heichath watched as the large dragon laid down to look at him, letting his own body fall so he was back on all fours. The blue was also susceptible to compliments; especially about his size, which he was most proud of. As if to exaggerate the fact, he patted each of them against the ground in an excitable little dance. It is true my dear sister Khamaith resides in the Western Weyr; along with four of my siblings. However, twelve of us came to the High Reaches. His brow visibly furrowed; he loved all of them very dearly.

In his heart naive heart, Moliuth and his other green sisters were just as available as Khamaith; the High Reaches had ampule golds, they needed strong dragons to fly the wings, and they got them. Including Blue Heichath. Whilst her blue was chatting away; Dorame was dumbstruck, but thankfully the disbelief did not show on her face.

How had she managed to find herself working on one of her free periods? Bright green eyes darted towards Heichath for a mere second, but even that was long enough to have the little blue edging nearer to the brows feet to avoid the gaze. He had a feeling this was the last time he was able to misbehave for a while, Dorame was fair - but very strict with him. DorameMine may be little, but she is mighty and fierce. Only the bravest rider is suitable for Heichath. He corrected Ga’loc; trying to win some points back with the woman who he had accidentally forced into servitude.

The brunette shrugged, pretending she did not take the words ‘little assistant’ to heart as much as her blue did. In reality, she was thinking of ways she could bring the brown rider to his knees; all whilst maintaining an innocent smile. “I am sure my absence will go unnoticed.” Mainly because nobody was expecting her. The woman took the gear to the spot he had indicated towards and let it down onto the floor. She was no stranger to treating gear, over the past four turns she must have done this one thousand times; but that never stopped the Riders from doing it themselves after she was done just to make sure.

If it was her life on the line, she would have double checked too. ”I would not mind; if Paramoth is willing to have a stranger touch his hide.” Some dragons were picker than others about the people they let approach them, she would never presume to touch one without express permission, even if the Rider had given it. ”My little one stole my introduction though, I am Dorame.” She straightened herself up a little, holding her hand out towards the brown rider.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:45 pm
Z o m b i k ii

Ga'loc lifted his head to look at the blue eye brow raised. "Of that, i have no doubt. Dragon men are men apart and dragon women..." he shock his head. "They are often beyond me, It's not easy for women in this weyr They are often not treated fairly. The wing leaders and Weyr leaders are not always right." Ga'loc told them sternly. He looked like he was about to say more, his mouth opened but then closed again as he slowly shook his head. He decided to change the subject. "Paramoth is happy to let anyone touch him as long as they are fussing over him and giving him the treatment he thinks he deserves." He rolled his eyes at the last part.

Paramoth watched the exchange with calm blue green eyes. He was content and quite enjoying the exchange. These were the good times, welcoming new life to the weyr. His rider working diligently while he sunned himself ready to be pampered The politics of the weyr didn't concern him beyond what he saw as unfair rules inflicted directly onto him and his rider do he wasn't really listening. "That's true. But, I suppose it is only natural that dragons should favor High reaches stock. After all my Ga'loc was searched here, that alone speaks volumes. Despite it's faults High reaches has the edge on the other weyr's as they are the only ones to predict Thread's return." It was something that all young High reaches weyrlings were taught but it gave his weyr the edge so Paramoth remembered it to.

Ga'loc helped Dorame spread out the riding gear in the space to make it easier to work on. Then he unbound a saddle bag from it and took out the bone bottles filled with oil, clothes, brushes and other rubs with which to work the leather. As he looked up he must have caught something something in Dorame's expression because he extended a hand to her shoulder to prompt her to look up. "I was not lying when I said I would appreciate the help but I am not your weyrling master or a wing leader. You don't have to if you don't want to. I've done it plenty of times on my own. It won't take me long."

That was true, even as he spoke he let his hands drop to start their work, without even looking he maneuvered the leather with long practiced motions and began to oil it up. As long as the work was carried out methodically it wasn't hard to get right.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:39 am
Sinders Path

DorameMine tells me that all Weyr’s have faults, because at their core all living creatures are flawed. So there are two paths ahead; learn how to turn those flaws into opportunities, or break the obstacle. A fact that the dragon could not escape; both he and his Rider harboured dark passengers in their souls, that very darkness is what brought them together. While they were not exempt to this rule; Heichath thought that their darkness, their corruption, was less than that of those in power currently (but he was not referring to Lady Ink or the WeyrWoman, he was thinking about the influence that existed beyond the walls of the Weyr). Sometimes, that is all anyone could wish for; and he fully planned to break whatever obstacle he might find standing in his way.

“Depends on the woman.” Dorame interrupted, clearly not needed anyone to point out that she had come into this Weyr with a poor hand. It was a fact she was well aware of but chose not to dwell on. She was not one of those girls who would lose sleep or tears over such trivial things. In fact, she was proud; proud of the fact that not only was she was small and slender, the b*****d daughter to a nobody who had Impressed on a mighty blue, some might call them thread fodder. Dorame herself could not give a damn; if they could not see in Heichath or herself what she knew existed.

“I am sure that favourable ‘High Reaches Stock’ is forged from something; it seems either the systems in place are working and churning out desirable candidates and strong riders, or it is the adversity they face that is moulding a mental fortitude and strength that is unknown to those who have never had to endure having to stand back up every time you are beaten down, belittled or looked over.” The words came with a shrug as she brought her hand back and started to oil the leather in her hands. There was no annoyance, no snark in her voice; just the calm resolve of a woman who had given more thought to this subject than she probably should have. It was clear to see she meant the words she spoke, her resolve in them, absolute; even if others might not think them true.

Her face did lighten then, a small all too innocent chuckle escaping her lips. “Either way, time keeps turning and tradition remains a relenting mistress. If that causes you discomfort Ga’loc, I would work on seducing her or wait for the man, or woman, that can.” And if she was not to be seduced, put a knife between her shoulders or poison in her wine. The brunette shook her head and returned her attention to the task at hand, tending to the gear that sat in long, elegant fingers. Ga’loc don’t worry about DorameMine; if she was unwilling to offer her assistance she would not be sat with you now. Like Heichath, we do not yield to colours and titles, and will help anyone that will share the skies with us. He spoke to the male Rider solely, so only he could hear the blues words.

Then the little one turned his attention back to the mighty brown. Heichath might fly in the same Wing as Paramoth one day; maybe?

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:55 am
Paramoth cocked his head at the little blue maybe slightly surprised by the wisdom in his words. "Well yes, but she forgets there is a third option. There are many abandoned weyrs and Western itself is a new weyr, with the right gold you could make a new weyr, with new flaws. But your own rules." Paramoth liked this idea, it was something him and Ga'loc had discussed often though it was blue sky thinking at this point. A fantasy...and yet it persisted as a topic of conversation between the pair.

Ga'loc wisely decided to let the topic of women at high reaches weyr drop. There was no point in telling her things she already knew, or would learn now that she was a rider herself. Instead he switched tack to the response to Paramoth's boast. Superior stock indeed. "Perhaps." he agreed at first. "It could very well be a mixture of both factors. On the other hand it could be Paramoth spouting unfounded options to service his own ego again and the fact that High reaches is a significantly bigger weyr than Wetern with quite a few more candidates on the sands than Western, also more males, statistically we were more likely to come away with the greater amount of matches from the start, but I could be wrong." He finished with a wry raise of one eyebrow and a small shrug.

Ga'loc snorted. "Discomfort is not the right word, but I don't think Western has it right either and I think High reaches has more capacity to change. As for seducing the weyrwomen...there are other tactics that suit me better." What they were, he didn't say. instead he went back to the task at hand, moving the whole system of straps around as he worked, checking each for weakness. Simple day to day flying didn't really need riding straps but during thread fall, if your dragon had to pull a sharp and sudden maneuver they were the difference between life and death.

Ga'loc gave the little blue a sideways glance but it was Paramoth that answered for them. "ah you say that little blue but you will be placed in a wing with a bronze wing leader and have to fall in line like the rest of us, or risk falling to thread. But I do hope we can fly in the same wing one day. While you re growing, I may assists you in your practice flights."

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:43 am
Sinders Path

Abandoned Weyrs? The very concept made the blue’s eyes swirl with curiosity and intrigue. He was still very young and it was sometimes hard for him to imagine the world beyond the Weyr, despite being born on a beach far away. The large youngling turned to look towards his tanned rider and Dorame could feel the link between them light up. Paramoth had inspired something inside the blue and she could feel his ambition burning in her own chest. Heichath knew that the girl had seen many lands and ventured to many mysterious places. Dorame was his fountain of knowledge when it came to distant realms and he lived vicariously through her.

DorameMine? Did you see any when you used to run errands for the pretty lady?

Green eyes drifted to look at the dragon and Heichath’s head noticeably lowered with the subtle change of expression on her face. He knew he shouldn't have mentioned the lady in front of others; his rider was very secretive when it came to her life before the two made their bond. However, the blue was excited and had got carried away. Dorame’s face lightened some, a small sigh escaping her chest. “No, I was always on a rather tight schedule. Sightseeing was not a luxury that the Craft afforded.” She shrugged nonchalantly, moving the conversation along as quickly as she could.

“We all have our tactics.” Her words echoed the Riders, mischief reaching her lips and those brilliant green eyes. Ga’loc was it? She would have to keep an eye on him. Paramoth, despite the suggested ego, seemed like a great lot of fun. There was nothing that charmed the woman more than an ambitious dragon with ideas of grandeur beyond their station. Heichath, on the other hand, seemed to almost pout at the suggestion that he would have to follow anyone. Dorame had installed in him the importance of ranking and conformity; though he had promised to behave the idea still tasted sour within his maw. He would learn the way the Weyr worked. So he could work on breaking it later, or so he kept telling himself.

The little blue puffed up his chest, looking as proud as any bronze. As long as that bronze's slipstream leads Heichath to the stars, he will fall in line. Until the momentum catapults us beyond the boundary. He nodded his head before bright eyes locked on the elder dragons face once more, so deadly serious that it was almost comical. There was no doubt in Heichath's mind that he would achieve greatness, for Dorame's sake as much as his own. Nobody would hurt her again unless they risked the wrath of a mighty little blue.

The youngling felt like he had found a friend; an adult that took him seriously. Dorame looked at her cocky blue, feeling a chuckle rumble in her throat.

“Heichath.” She called over to him affectionately, dropping what she was doing to hold out her hand towards him. The young dragon turned away from his new companion, making his way back to the girl that held his heart. As her hand touched the base of his skull, he leant his forehead against her own, closing his eyes so he could focus on just being close to her. Though his words were meant for her, he was not shy about declaring his love for her as others listened.

Mine. If your Heichath possesses only half your bravery, yours will take you to heights no blue has ever reached.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces