Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[prp] need a ride? (raelin/alosha & durgs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:54 am
After being in their own little world, it was hard to come back to reality. Especially one with dragonless candidates and sunburn. Alone.

Raelin noted with some amusement how Saith directed her to places corresponding to those burns on her body as she oiled her down, as if doing so might soothe her rider in turn. It was a nice gesture, but it didn’t really change the fact that tomorrow she was going to regret not being better prepared. I will make sure this doesn’t happen again, Saith solemnly promised. You have such a delicate hide, RaelinMine! We must care for it as much as mine.

“It’s not that bad...” Well, perhaps she would eat her words later.

For now, though, they needed to get back to High Reaches. Raelin scanned about, feeling more and more awkward. Without the buffer of Saith’s siblings and corresponding riders, she swore she could feel the envy and resentment coming in waves from the other candidates. Maybe it would be best to wait until they all left...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:09 am
Juhvek had decided he didn't want to be weedled by Phaedrath's pity. You're why he's not getting a ride home with us, Phaedrath, Alosha teased her darling green as she looked down on the young woman with one whirling eye. I thought he'd like the solidarity! Phaedrath insisted innocently as she looked over her pale skinned rider. Frankly, neither of them should have been considering long exposure to the sun that day - and both of them would end up oiled and salved before the Hatching Feast.

All but the last green had been spirited away, and once she'd been fed, those who had come with Dormith's had started to pack up. The bronze seemed pleased with the whole affair in the distance, at least. Phaedrath sent him a small wave of approval before her attention turned from her rider, to the pair getting in their first oiling. The larger, paler, green's head loomed curiously over Raelin and Saith, thrumming contentedly as she looked them over. Well aren't you a perfect little thing! Phaedrath trilled sweetly to the tiny green - though privately she asked Alosha for the hundredth time if she had ever been so small.

Maybe ten years ago, Alosha could remember being once able to carry Phaedrath in her arms, even as a tiny teen. She patted the green's side as she watched her investigate the little newborn. "You two have a ride home yet?" she asked, passing a look over the other candidates who had been left waiting - some of them again. Every hatching had them.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 am
Someone approached. Immediately the pair stood a little straighter, as one in mind when it came to looking their best, even with one fresh out of the egg and the other ready to fall into bed for a short nap. Saith hummed her pleasure and tried not to look embarrassed at the compliment. Of course she was perfect! Of course she knew that!

"Not yet," Raelin answered as she wiped her hands of excess oil. "We wanted to wait until the food settled. Wouldn't want to be the candidate who was late and sick." It wasn't a full lie: raw meat was...interesting to say the least.

I...apologize for the wait. I am Saith, she said to rider and dragon, licking her lips just in case there was any piece of food she hadn't picked up. Raelinmine and I hope we'll be of service.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:23 am
"That's a fair point. Usually we get to just walk the babies to the barracks and the feast, rather than take them on their first visit Between," Alosha did hold onto the curiosity, however, over the notion of if a quick flight like that would render one's stomach upset. She'd never gotten sick, and she couldn't recall too much upset from Phaedrath, but....Those were our wings, not anothers. It is a very mindful thought for them to have, Phaedrath informed her rider privately.

"I don't think she showed up late - she arrived precisely when she was ready for it," Alosha nodded at the petite green, admiring her fine shades of green. Truly, a more perfect hatchling couldn't have been asked for. Alosha wasn't certain if that was her or Phaedrath thinking it, however.

Greetings, Saith. I am Phaedrath, and this is my Alosha. Would you like to come home with us?

Medigel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:16 pm
Saith stood straighter, preening more at this than at the compliment. Precisely! I'm so glad you understand the value of a first impression.

Raelin chuckled and stroked one of her dragon's knobs. It was both odd and familiar to want to be so touchy when she hadn't before, like it was something she had forgotten rather than never did. It was still a little hard to believe this was all real, to be honest. "I don't mind the wait, but I wish I had brought more sun lotion."

Saith would of course make sure this didn't happen again.

We would love to join you, she continued, her head swiveling towards the other candidates. You don't have others waiting, do you?

"It's...a little awkward, us being here by ourselves," Raelin admitted.

demon_pachabel
i'm sorry i take so long......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:41 am
"I think everybody wishes they had. Even my Phaedrath is going to need a good oiling when we get home," she patted the green's long neck affectionately as she spoke.

Phaedrath also turned her attention towards the other candidates, eyes whirling as she watched a pale haired young man helping pack up with Dormith's passengers. We brought one, but he has decided to go home with another, she answered, So none are waiting for us. You will be our only passengers. And really, wouldn't they be so lucky to come home on such a lovely green?

"No reason for it to be awkward. I think it's more awkward that any Candidate would judge yours - or any of her clutchsiblings - for making anything but their perfect match. It is a rather permanent thing, after all." Well, outside of a few situations she didn't want to talk about.

Medigel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:56 pm
Raelin couldn't help but look at the rider and wonder if she had forgotten what it felt like to stand and not be seen. Maybe Alosha had never had to worry. Certainly even now with it being a pale memory, Raelin remembered. (The negative things were easier to recall, after all.) But it was best not to look a giftbeast in the mouth.

Oh! Wonderful~ Saith made sure there wasn't an awkward silence to add to everything else and really, she reminded her rider, this was a luxury: someone experienced and helpful all to themselves! And with a lovely and clever green to boot. You see, there was a plan to all this! Please let us know how we can repay you.

Both gave a small bow of their heads in respect. Raelin then picked her dragon up, brushing sand off parts of her legs where the oil was still fresh. "Just give me a second to..." She took several deep breaths, making sure that wasn't another small wave of nausea she was feeling. "Okay, ready!"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:41 am
To be fair, Alosha had never worried about it. She'd never even planned to be a rider - she'd just gotten lucky her first time out on the sands. Phaedrath had likewise never doubted.

No repayment needed, young Saith, the older green trilled sweetly. Phaedrath bowed her head back to the pair before kneeling in the sand. Getting up onto her shoulders at least wouldn't be a difficult task, but Alosha still remained in the sand to allow Raelin up first. Just in case going up with a bundle of delight in her arms would cause any problems.

"Just settle at the front of her straps. I'll sit behind you so you can focus on holding onto Saith and I'll hold onto you during the jump."

medigel
and 12 years later I finally respond A+ good job

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:19 pm
Once helped up, Raelin gathered Saith into her arms, squeezing surreptitiously as she felt another pang of glee hit her. This was real. Man. She was going to have to take advantage of all the time she could hold her dragon.

Fitting, considering all the times I'll have to carry you later~ Saith was pleased nonetheless and curled up in a small, neat ball, her head resting over her rider's arms, facing forward as ever.

Raelin did a once over to make sure she was secure before nodding back at Alosha. "Just remember to hold your breath," she told Saith, already bracing for it. "It's...unpleasant, but it won't take long."

Gleaning the appropriate memories, the green's face wrinkled momentarily, and she curled even tighter. So cold ew.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff