[PRP] Big Brother Little Brother Blue [Krahsujunth/Heichath]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:37 pm
Krahsujunth had always been interested in hatchlings. Well, mostly they made him grumpy. Furious, he was, that because of the shade of his skin, he'd never have any of his own. And even now, with the love of his life finally reciprocating, some part of him felt like...like he was missing something. Unfulfilled. That hole had very slowly begun to fill in, the knowledge that his mate would call her eggs his, let him be father, even if they weren't, and he wasn't, was a soothing balm.

Of course, that didn't mean that he'd lost his interest in hatchlings. They were so very small. Had he ever been so small himself? He did not know. The last gold's clutch were nearly grown now, fine strapping young adults. But new ones had appeared. Clutched out of weyr, on some beach. They were utterly diminutive, even though they were surely growing larger every day.

One among them seemed to be growing faster than even the usual. A rather energetic blue, of all the things, and the dark dragonet had caught Krahsujunth's roving eye one day as they passed overhead in wing drills. He'd made no point of going to meet the new residents...but seeing the little blue being slathered in oil multiple times a day? That was a plague he understood well himself. He'd suffered those same growing pains himself just over two decades ago.The memory was distant, but he remembered the itching, the dull soreness of bones growing, he remembered tripping over too-large claws. And the harassment of his hated bronze brother, he remembered that too. And that was why, one day after drills were done, he stooped to deposit V'rind back on her ledge before alerting her that he was going to pay a visit to someone. He rarely lounged on his own ledge any more, more time spent beside his beloved glimmering Fianth. But today instead he swooped down towards a certain dark hatchling in the sandy weyrbowl.

Coming in hard and fast, he didn't backwing until the last moment, landing with a rather straightforward, bulky flap and a kicked-up cloud of sand. He hadn't landed on anyone, had he? He didn't feel any squishy mush underfoot. He swung his head around, pinpointing the little blue and his rider, looking them over in silence for a long, long moment.

Have your rider use a brush with firm bristles when you next bathe. The blue eventually rumbled. Scrub gently. Or you'll hurt, instead of itch.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 am
ShinosBee

Dorame was having a hard time adapting to her feelings; something inside her was changing and she was not sure how to cope. The brunette had never cared about the suffering of any creature, be it her own species or another. When she was just a girl and used to assist her father in treating his patients, she felt no empathy for them, even if they were howling in pain. When she was introduced to the assassins guild, was exposed to torture, murder; it hardly affected her and the more she was exposed to it the easier it became to drown out.

Then, there was this tiny dragon, who was going through growing pains; survivable, expected, tolerable. Though every time he complained about them it made her heartache. If she could take all the discomfort away and experience it herself she would not hesitate; so she did not have to feel that way anymore. When a force of wind hit them, the sky darkening, Dorame instinctively pulled him near, holding his head to her chest. An action that woke her up to the fact; she would protect Heichath, no matter the cost to herself.

She had never had any relationship like that before, and it was terrifying.

Heichath however, remained oblivious to his riders thoughts. The large blue holding his attention as soon as he opened his eyes. He pulled away from Dorame’s ashen arms, bright orbs swirling with excitement. Mighty blue; have you come here to advise Heichath? There was an element of astonishment in his voice, in the thought of someone seeking him out, it was usually the Dragonet that made the first move. It was he who sought out the older dragons and tried to start a conversation with them. The very thought that one would seek him, it made his stomach bubble with happiness.

DorameMine, look. He nudged her with excitement before he approached the larger blue’s feet. The brunette he left behind raised a brow, her hair standing on end and full of sand. Look. How could she miss him? The woman stood up from the ground, shaking off her clothing before green eyes looked up towards the dragon. Probably one of the largest blues she had ever seen, if not the largest. Was she looking into the eyes of her Heichath's future? It was amazing… and sobering.

She remained silent though; it was obvious that the beast had not come here to address her. But her troublesome little blue.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:34 pm
The big blue snorted, an...amused huff of air ruffling the little weyrling woman's hair as he dipped his head to inspect the littler (for now) blue. To see you. And advise. You chose well, I see. He cooly regarded the woman who had clutched the dragonet to her a moment ago. A strong woman...something in her bearing reminded him of his own V'rind. He could appreciate a smart, sensible blue picking a fine, capable woman over any man. You oil too much, too often, to not have my interest. I think, perhaps, that you will be large. The Weyr will be better for it, if you are. Not that he planned to form a group of rabble-rousers to oust the browns and bronzes, oh no. But perhaps the lot of all blues would be changed for the better if there were more of them willing to throw their weight around. More capable of lasting longer, of soaring higher. Small blues and greens were very important too, of course...but he felt a kinship with what looked to be another blue near or at his own size.

I am Krahsujunth, he offered to both dragonet and rider as he lowered himself, sagging into the sand heavily. My rider is V'rind. She is...there. A toss of the head towards his ledge. It was an unspoken invitation to seek her out, should they need her. He could feel the woman through their bond, a barely-contained amusement, and he knew that she was no doubt watching him from their ledge. It was nice, she was thinking, to see him being friendly, especially with a little one. Tell me. What do you think of here? This place? Again, the question was directed to both rider and dragonet, though his focus remained (mostly) on Heichath.

Z o m b i k ii

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:30 am
ShinosBee

DorameMine? Are you blushing? The brunette was. The girl turned away from the larger blue who had offered her such an sincere compliment. She was not used to anyone singing her praises and it had caught her so off guard that blood pooled in her cheeks. Today as a strange day. The girl wafted her hand to her dragon, trying to direct his attention back on the other blue and away from her flustered self. Not that it took much encouragement for Heichath to look back to Krahsujunth; his eyes large with admiration.

When the larger dragon complimented his size, then it was his turn to blush. Heichath stood taller, as proud of any giant bronze. Krahsujunth. He repeated, his voice filled with affection. He was awestruck and Dorame chuckled to herself. It seemed her youngling had found his first crush and it was a giant blue.

I am Heichath, and this is Mine. The youngling could feel the girls hand touch the base of his skull, and he leant his head into the gentle pet she was offering him, it calmed his beating heart. Dorame then bowed her head, stealing the moment to introduce herself properly. “Dorame. It is nice to meet you Krahsujunth. Thank you for taking an interest in my rambunctious blue. He has been waiting, with very little patience, to meet a blue like you.”

When the larger blue asked his question, the dragon's eyes rose to look at his riders face. Here? The Weyr? He asked, confused for a moment. He wanted to wait for Dorame to answer but the girl just shrugged, encouraging her little one to speak for himself. She had a suspicious that the question was not directed towards her. The rider encouraged him to speak freely, be truthful and she pushed the permission through their bond.

Heichath has met many wonderful dragons and riders. Mighty bronzes and proud browns; with riders that are just as brave and noble. They are nice to Heichath, they tell me that I will grow strong and large too. That he will be a fine addition to any wing.

Heichath does not think they are being sincere though. When they say Heichath will be strong and large, they mean that in the parameters of a blue and not to the standards they hold themselves. They encourage him to chase his dreams; but only if his dreams fall behind them.

I will be strong. I will be mighty. I am proud. Not just for a blue but for a dragon, period. Heichath is not sure they will be as kind when they realise that whilst they were underestimating him, Heichath was watching, learning and growing.

“Heichath.” Dorame’s voice was soft as she spoke, making bright eyes peel away from the other blue and focus on her. He expected her to scold him, his Rider had always told him that conformity was important; that the real threats come from unexpected places and to break the wheel one must first understand the path it took. Dorame did no such thing though, she only smiled at him, shaking her head in disbelief at just how much trouble this youngling was going to cause her.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:25 pm
The blue again whirled an eye at the girl. Dorame. A fine enough choice indeed for little-for-now blue Heichath. There are few blues like me. Like us. Be proud of your Heichath, always, for he will never betray you or lead you astray. The advice rumbled more like a threat, but he meant every word. Faranth knew he'd dragged V'rind into enough trouble over his two decades with the Weyr, but she had ever stood at his side, taken lumps in his name, and he knew in his hearts that her hearts preferred it that way. If she'd ever been disappointed in him, truly unhappy with him, it would have crushed even his iron-strong self.

He listened intently, eyes green with mere slivers of orange, as the not-so-small blue regaled him with his encounters so far. The low rumble in his chest swelled, grew, and became a booming, open-mawed, chuffing sort of trumpet of laughter as the blue finished. Of course they want you, want us, to fall in line behind them. Since the First Egg they have flown before us, and would see it so until the Last Egg is laid. Some, Heichath, you must forgive. They know no better, and can come to understand the truth of our strength. Others will seek to actively stand before you, to block your flight's path, and push you down. But if you are strong, and if you are smart, you will see the way to get around them.

The blue's tail lashed behind him, a feline's agitated, amused swipe. But you must also remember to check your own pride too, lest it outgrow you. If there are things you are ready to fight for, remember that there may also come a price. Others are equally devoted to fighting for what they believe, and it may not be the same thing. Do not underestimate them as they have underestimated you—for then you are no better than them, and only prove them right. I have seen many proud dragons cast down by their hubris... He had thrown one or two down himself at that, and from the slow, distant whirl of his eyes it was clear he was thinking back over the turns to certain moments.

Even those who seek to put you down may have lessons to teach you before you move on. That lashing tail slowed curling around to hold the fork—and one of the tips ended in a ragged stump, barely half as long as the other—Like when to fight and when to guard yourself. And what you are willing to give up to do what you must. Be proud, young Heichath, but be humble as well, and clever, and devoted. Reach for your dreams, whatever they are, but consider this: If those in your path bite off your claw, will you reach out again with the other claw, or will you retreat? It is important to know the difference before you fly into battle. But I think, perhaps, you and your rider will be able to figure it out.

Z o m b i k ii
Sorry for double-quote, fixed a bbcode mess up.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games