Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Like That

Back to Guilds

Just a bunch of crazy non-humans hanging out. XD 

Tags: random, sexyfine, non-humans, international, hang-out 

Reply Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!
Moving Out

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When your parents
  have to have control of everything
View Results

Camera 0bscura

Fluffy Pumpkin

13,975 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:13 am
scream
My family has been bitching at me since i was like 15 that they would kick me out then as i got older yelled at me about needing to get my s**t together so i could move out.

Now that I will probably be moving out this summer they losing their s**t and trying to tell me no. emo rofl my parents are confusing. rolleyes
Is makes so sense, they told me i blind sided them with my relationship they had no idea how close i was with my bf. Im like >3> Im 30 years old, we been dating 5 months been visiting each other almost 8 months. Its not like we just dating to date I dont think anyone willingly drives 6 hours once a month to see someone just cause. stressed

My bf mom is amazing she understanding and easy to talk too, i cant talk to my parents as soon as i say my opinion they flip out and yell at me and tell me im wrong or my feelings are stupid and wrong -____-

anyone else have parents who dont want to allow you to live your life?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:08 pm
My dad and stepmom want me to live a life as long as I'm in Oregon. Outside of OR, they're like "Ehhh"

My mom is like "Do what makes you happy! Be free!"

But yeah... kinda weird how your family is like that lol  

The Mystic Reborn

Blessed Raider

digi162

Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:25 am
Camera 0bscura
scream

Your parents aren't confusing they're just massively controlling lol
I honestly think you caved in too many times to their demands over the years that I knew you. So because you never really stood up against them or held your ground, they got used to putting their opinions over your own and telling you what to think. I think they're just used to getting their way with you, and right now you're doing something they don't want you to do, so they're lashing out at you for it is all. You can sugarcoat it by saying your dad is overly protective of his daughters, but just look at the situation with Earl, I think the only way that tooth-breaking moron got in was because your dad could have control over their relationship.

I think that's pretty awesome what you're doing and giving it a chance. Are you moving down to his state or are you guys getting an apartment or something in your area? If you're moving down to his area have you thought about how you're going to do holidays with your family or how often you might see them? I wonder too if they're slightly worried you'll be 6 hours away and they won't be able to see you as often as they have.

My family was pretty much okay with me coming up here. I remember when I first said I was taking the Greyhound from LA to Tacoma for the first time it was a bunch of questions but no judgment. I think if anything my mom is annoyed because she was so used to me helping her out or going places with her that she's having to figure stuff out on her own with me being 1000+ miles away.

The Mystic Reborn

There is no life outside of Klamath Falls lol
What do they like about living in Oregon aside from no sales tax? I've passed through Oregon several times in different areas but don't know much about it haha. Medford always looked like a ghost town to me no matter what hour I passed through there lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 pm
digi162
Camera 0bscura
scream

I honestly think you caved in too many times to their demands over the years that I knew you. So because you never really stood up against them or held your ground, they got used to putting their opinions over your own and telling you what to think. I think they're just used to getting their way with you, and right now you're doing something they don't want you to do, so they're lashing out at you for it is all. You can sugarcoat it by saying your dad is overly protective of his daughters, but just look at the situation with Earl, I think the only way that tooth-breaking moron got in was because your dad could have control over their relationship.

I think that's pretty awesome what you're doing and giving it a chance. Are you moving down to his state or are you guys getting an apartment or something in your area? If you're moving down to his area have you thought about how you're going to do holidays with your family or how often you might see them? I wonder too if they're slightly worried you'll be 6 hours away and they won't be able to see you as often as they have.

My family was pretty much okay with me coming up here. I remember when I first said I was taking the Greyhound from LA to Tacoma for the first time it was a bunch of questions but no judgment. I think if anything my mom is annoyed because she was so used to me helping her out or going places with her that she's having to figure stuff out on her own with me being 1000+ miles away.

The Mystic Reborn

What do they like about living in Oregon aside from no sales tax? I've passed through Oregon several times in different areas but don't know much about it haha. Medford always looked like a ghost town to me no matter what hour I passed through there lol.

Actually my parents had no control of my sister and earl she moved out 2 years before they got married xD so my parents lost any control they had.

Yeah move to WV, his parents own property there and he wants to build a house on it. He was showing me this site that builds houses and how you can pick and design how you want it to look. its really cool 3nodding
And I would def visit them and my dad likes the area, my bf father passed away a month ago and my father drove me down there and stayed a few days so i could go to the funeral and be there for my bf. I really appreciated it.

My parents feed off each other paranoia and crap but my dad seems to be opening up to it more he keeps talking about it and asking questions. It seems if i have answers he seems less nervous. rofl He realizing more and more im not as nervous and full of anxiety anymore ive become more confident and crap.  

Camera 0bscura

Fluffy Pumpkin

13,975 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Pie For All! 300

The Mystic Reborn

Blessed Raider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 pm
digi162
Camera 0bscura
scream

The Mystic Reborn

Ah yes... KF... I've been there plenty of times. There really is NOTHING there. It sucks.

Medford was booming, then died quickly.  
Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games