Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] A Dance with the Devil (Cynosuth & Elzebuth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:41 am

It was, perhaps, rather pitiful. Crying on her mother's and aunt's shoulders would do her no good, and yet cry she had. It was as plain as day that Aresoth would never notice her. That his feelings would never grow beyond simple fondness. His eyes were entirely for her sister, and for every Gold tail in the Weyr. Cynosuth tucked her head beneath her wing and tried to stop her hearts from aching so. And yet they continued to break, with no end in sight. She could no more help her own feelings than he could his. This ledge was thankfully isolated enough to hide on, at least for the time being.

She had known that she was unworthy. There had never been any doubt. Only a tiny, vain hope. A hope that maybe, just maybe, he might... look her way. That he might... see her. But see her he had not. And would not. The little Green curled into a tighter ball, her anguished hearts reeling from the knowledge that hung thickly in the air. She was, at best, a humble peasant maiden... and he was a prince. Could anyone have been surprised about the outcome? He... didn't even know how she felt, as much of a fool as she continued to make of herself. And oh, Faranth help her, she never wanted him to know.

If only she could just fade away, so that her shame and disgrace could be wiped from this world! If a dragon could have cried, she would have. Instead, she keened quietly, the shattered pieces of her delicate hearts in utter tatters. Invisible. Forever. And... quite alone.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:16 pm
Elzebuth was good at paying attention to idle gossip, and the latest rumor floating about was that one of the sweetest, most mildest greens of the Weyr was suffering from heartbreak. It was hardly a surprise, really. Aresoth only had eyes for the most golden of prizes, seeing anything lesser than beneath him. The huge brown dragon felt himself rankling quietly, irritated at the very thought. Only a bronze dragon could be fit to lead, wasn't that so? His eyes whirled a dangerous shade of crimson at the thought, even as he made a graceful descent towards where--faintly--he could hear the piteous, soft keens of Cynosuth.

My dearest sister... His voice was subdued as he landed a respectful distance away, not wishing to encroach if she wished to be left alone. What pains you so? Please, tell me. He crooned softly at her, and in truth, his words and concern were entirely unfeigned as he watched her with whirling yellow eyes.

Cynosuth had always been the most gentle of them all. He was hardly surprised that Aresoth failed to grasp the more subtle signs of one's distress. That was no issue. He would gladly take advantage of his brother's foolishness.

Mx Cherie

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Wrapped in grief, aware of how foolish she might seem, Cynosuth curled into a tighter grey-green ball. It was clear enough to her that Aresoth would never see her. Even if she confessed her hearts to him, he would only rebuff her. It wounded her greatly to know that she was nothing to him - nothing, save a smaller sibling to protect. At the very best, a friend. Nothing more.

Oh, how that pained her. Her keens were momentarily stilled by the sound of Elzebuth's voice. Oh! My dear brother, I am... I am sorry... sorry to have disturbed you. Ashamed, she hid her face beneath her wings and tail, trying to disappear.

Oh no. Elzebuth need not waste his time upon her! Nearly fully hidden from view, her eyes were a pitiful grey that scarcely whirled. Please, I am wrong to... mourn so. Please, don't... don't let me... bother you. she begged.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:20 pm
Ah, but how she pulled in on herself! Elzebuth crept closer, nuzzling gingerly at the wings that hid her from his view. Nothing disturbs me unless I want it to, sweet sister. And I will gladly stop my day's activities to check on you. All true things, and after a moment, the big brown settled around his sister protectively, draping a wing over her small form.

Bottling things up is not healthy. If you do not wish to speak, I will respect your wishes... but know that I am here. If all he could do was offer comfort, that would be enough.

She should be seeking the things that made her happy in life. And if Aresoth was not doing that for her... well. He had a few suggestions on where else she might like.

Mx Cherie

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:51 pm

The wing was pulled up slightly, Cynosuth's wedge shaped head now visible from beneath it. Her eyes were nearly so pale that they were white, and not grey. I.. I do not mean to be so troublesome. It is only that my hearts hurt. she confessed, although she was afraid to tell Elzebuth what was truly troubling her. Curling a little more, the Green sighed, settling under her brother's wing.

Elzebuth, have... have you ever been in love? the little Green asked her brother, peering up at him with eyes that were far too trusting. She had always appreciated his wisdom, even if he did have such an interesting way of phrasing it.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:54 pm
There, there... The big brown carefully tucked the precious Star against his side, rumbling quietly with concern at the sight of her eyes. Ahh, and her hearts... He stayed quiet, listening as she asked her question. Gently, Elzebuth pressed his snout to hers once more, taking his time as he thought on his answer.

Not in the way that I believe you are asking. He finally said, sounding thoughtful. IThe only experience I have with love and hurting hearts.... that on the day of our hatching, when I thought Mine did not want me. Yes. Even now, he could remember that agonizing fear...

It felt like I would die. He confessed, exhaling slowly. But. I do not think you are talking of Yours... and I have not loved another who was not Mine. Not the kind of love I think you are speaking of, sweet Cynosuth.

Mx Cherie

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Yours did not know you, Cynosuth said, love and affection cutting through the sadness in her voice. Her dear brother! Oh, how she did love him. He did not know of your strengths, or of your hearts. Was it your fault that others were so drawn to you? My dear brother, you have always been the most alluring of us all. But G'ran was strong, too. And when he knew you... you were well matched. The tiny Green sought to comfort her brother, even as her own hearts ached. For his pain was so real, even now.

Knowing you, he could never have rejected you. Of that, Cynosuth felt certain. She sighed, and tucked her head beneath his chin. I do not know why I must feel as I do. I only know that... for a time, I have noticed these feelings. And it is... painfully clear that my love is not returned, and never shall be. For when would this little Star ever shine brighter than a Queen?

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:07 pm
Ahh, Cynosuth... Even at a time like this, she reached to comfort his old pains, selflessly seeking to aid others even while she suffered, quiet and alone. He rumbled wordlessly at that, sending warmth, affection... and gratitude towards her. Our hearts want what they want.... but you, my sister, are strong. Stronger than I think you know. Do not shy away from these feelings, but try to embrace them, no matter how painful they may be... Only then will you be able to put it behind you, and move on.

Again, he paused to settle his head protectively upon hers, radiating protectiveness that bordered on--possessiveness. Then, you will find someone who is worthy of your love. Someone who returns it, in earnest.

She may have not been a Queen... but Cynosuth was a special sort, indeed. Much better than his fool of a brother would ever deserve--not that he would notice.

Mx Cherie

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:16 pm

You are kind to say so, Cynosuth said, cuddling into closer against her brother's side. His presence was reassuring, and she knew that he meant well. He had always been good to her. She had never listened to what anyone said of him. Dear Elzebuth, you are good, and kind. And I know that you mean what you say. I will try to be strong, because you believe that I can be. Even if her hearts wanted to break. I... I did not want to take anything from our sister. I only. I only... just...

She spoke softly, into his hide. I only just... wanted... to be... She had to pause, collecting herself, for the pain of it was near unbearable. Loved. The ache was intense, and although it soothed her to feel his strength, and his warmth, she knew that no matter what anyone might say, she would never be worthy of Aresoth's love. Nor would she receive it.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:35 pm
Kind... Elzebuth was not ashamed of himself or his nature, and he did not intentionally set out to hurt people. But kind... no, he knew that he could be the opposite of kind. Still, to hear her say such a thing reminded him of just how innocent Cynosuth really was. Strangely, it made him feel.... conflicted. He listened quietly when she spoke of their sister, needing no explanation on who it might be.

There was a slow, long exhale from the brown once Cynosuth lapsed again into silence, and he did his best to keep up the positive emotions flowing to her. What could he do to soothe this pain? How easy it was to say, ah! Darling sister! There are so many others that would leap at the chance to love you...

I believe I understand. And it makes my hearts ache, to know that you are hurting so. He was thinking rapidly now, wondering. Are there any others who have set your hearts racing? Of our brothers, perhaps? For once, he was not including himself in this.

Mx Cherie

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out