Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Welcome Visitors (Ash'il, Iptoneth, Ephia, Ariath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm
Ash'il was still stuck at the healers, but he was at least fully conscious, unlike the day before when he got hurt during Threadfall. Iptoneth was stationed outside, trying his best to keep his rider company, at least mentally. If there was one good thing about this, he couldn't be doing work, despite the young man itching to get back to doing something. He was still feeling guilty that one of his Wing had been killed, even if he knew his sister had been right about him not being able to prevent it.

How's the rest of the family doing, Iptoneth?Ash'il asked his bronze. After what happened, he was coming to realize how lucky they had been they were all alive.

Last I talked to them, everyone is fine or going to be. I am sure Tarmath and your mother will take some time to recover. I will let you know when they tell me more,the dragon replied.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:04 pm
After their fight in threadfall yesterday, Ephia had tended to her and Ariath's burns, minor that they were, before her bossy gold had practically nosed her along to the healers wing in search of a specific bronzerider. As it had turned out, Ash'il was sound asleep when she had arrived and she had been unable to bring herself to rouse him. Ash'il needed his rest. Plus, seeing him alive and well tended to helped ease all of her worries.

Ariath, being the mother that she was, took it upon herself to make sure she knew when the rider awoken. Of course, that was a fairly easy task when she kept close contact with the rider's bronze and, like her rider, Ariath was itching for some time with a specifc male. So, when she was aware of Ash'il's state, she promptly informed Ephia.

Ephia swept into the healers as soon as she could. Green eyes focused on the bed that the man was positioned in as she strode over. "I don't know whether to hit you, curse your or hug you right now." She said once she was in earshot. "All three might work." The warning was clear in her voice that all three could quite possibly be an option. For the time being though, she opted to sit on the edge of his bed seeing as any spare chairs were already occupied or completely missing. With all the injuries that occurred yesterday, she wasn't terribly surprised that every sitting surface was being utilized.

Outside, Ariath, who had brought Ephia to one of the ledges of the healers, was making herself comfortable on the ledge that Iptoneth had claimed as his own as he kept his rider occupied. Thankfully the ledge was large enough to accommodate the two as long as no other dragon was in need of it. You flew well yesterday. She remarked to Iptoneth as golden hide met bronze as the well-oiled queen made herself comfortable against him. I am glad you and yours are doing well. Mine was worried she had to put off oiling me yesterday to check on yours. Amusement lit her voice and eyes.

Dea and #Teddy#

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:03 am
Ash'il wasn't sure what to do today, hoping that someone would come distract him from being stuck in this bed. He was completely unaware that his bronze was already one step ahead of him with that thought, having contacted Ariath without his knowledge. Adjusting himself on the bed, he winced lightly, he was definitely stiff today. Then he heard a familiar voice coming from the doorway and his sapphire eyes focused on a raven haired beauty, least in his opinion. He felt his heart beat a little faster in his chest and his dragon's emotions outside were not helping. When Ephia began to tell him off, a small smile managed to come to his lips.

"I am sorry, Ephia, I didn't mean to worry you at all. I thought I had it handled, but I guess..well, I pushed myself. So if you want to hit me, you are more than welcome, I would deserve it,"he answered, rubbing the back of his head. Looking into those emerald pools of her's brought so many emotions bubbling through the young man. Ever since that day she asked him for a drink of water, he felt this pull to her that he never had felt before. Always it had been about his family or doing all he could to protect Pern, but her, he didn't know what it was. As she sat on the edge of his bed, he felt this want to pull her closer, but he didn't want her to hit him for it. He was already in danger of her doing so for scaring her. However, after what happened to one of his Wingmates, he didn't want to lose anyone he cared about.

Iptoneth was feeling very proud of himself as he laid on the ledge he had chosen while His was at the healer. He had made sure to keep in contact with Ariath, glad she and her rider had both made it out of Threadfall alright. When Ash'il was awake, he had called out to Ariath, letting her know they could come now. He knew it would do His good, plus he couldn't deny he got to benefit from this too. After all, he got to spend time with the beautiful gold that had captured his hearts. When she joined him, he reached over to nuzzle her tenderly.

Well, seems she managed to oil you today, with how you shine, my beauty. And I hear you saved a dragon yourself, yesterday, I am quite proud of you. Truth be told, Mine was hoping your's was alright as well. Having a Wingmate die yesterday affected him in ways I don't think he knows,the dragon admitted to her.

Kolina

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 pm
And audible 'hmph' came from the woman. "Well there's at least one thing we can agree on right now." Still, her tone of voice, still reprimanding and harsh didn't match up with the softer and gentler look that came across her face. Relief was the topmost emotion that took hold. Relief that this man, this man who had become an attraction to her, was well and likely to be back on his feet quickly enough.

Reaching out she took one of his hands in her own. "I am sorry about your wingmate. I know news like that isn't easy to deal with especially when you weren't able to be there." A thumb caressed the back of his hand as she spoke. "We all mourn for them." It was something that needed to be aired right off the bat. There was no reason to tip-toe around the fact that she knew all too well that he was likely thinking of his lost greenrider wingmate. Such things were never easy, especially if one was cooped up with no way to distract themselves from the grief.

Ariath felt the shifting emotions from her rider and hummed softly but did not interject. This was one of those moments she was willing to step back and let things be. Instead she leaned herself against the bronze as much as she could. Yes. I made sure I was well oiled for her neglect of me. She teased for Ephia had done anything but neglect Ariath. In fact, the dark-haired woman had taken extreme care in making sure to oil every inch of the queen and pay special attention any parts that had been hurt.

How do you fare? The question was obviously linked to the discussion their riders were having.

Dea and #Teddy#

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:33 pm
Ash'il couldn't help the small laugh that escaped from him at her 'hmmph,' before she pretty much agreed he deserved it. However, he was soon serious again when she saw the look in her eye, which was far from harsh. Shining through that gentle look was a look of relief, he knew it was directed at him. He could only imagine the thoughts that had run through her mind when Uridith had caught him and Iptoneth. If the positions were reversed, he would have been worried sick, hoping she was alive.

The young man was surprised when he felt her take his hand, he hadn't expected her to do that. Not that he didn't like it, however, because he really did like feeling their hands linked like this. When she mentioned his wingmate, he lowered his head softly. She was right, it hurt to think that Cheza and Zurath would not be fighting alongside those of their Wing ever again. They had been heroes, dying to protect Zurath's mother, but they had been so young. He had been down on the ground when it happened, only knowing about it from Iptoneth. He finally looked up to Ephia again as she spoke about how all were mourning them.

"It is a lot for me to take in, knowing such a young life was snuffed out before it really began. I can't help but think of her Weyrmate and child she left behind, knowing how much they must be hurting. It also makes me think how it could have easily been me or anyone I care about. I don't want to waste a moment, Ephia, knowing anything could happen,"he responded quietly. His bright blue eyes looked over at her, before he reached over with his free hand. Then he tenderly ran a hand through her ebony locks, before caressing her cheek.

Iptoneth could feel the feelings bubbling up in his rider, giving him what mental support he could. However, he would stay as a quiet support for now, knowing his rider could do this. So he focused on the golden female beside him, as he wrapped his tail around her's. A soft chortle came from him at her teasing, knowing Ariath was always well cared for. Like his own rider, the gold rider loved her dragon and would always take care of her. He gently bumped his head against her's, then thought about her question.

I am doing alright, been doing my best to be there for Mine. I am sorry that such a brave green and her rider died, but hopefully it will not be in vain. They will always live in all of us, I truly believe that. Though I could ask you the same, since I knew Zurath was a younger sister of your's,the dragon spoke softly. He knew this was a great loss to Burning Aces Wing, but also the Weyr. He could only imagine how Zurath's parents must be feeling after losing one of their children.

Kolina

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff