Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Midwest Conventions
Anime Central 2018

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nena_sakura

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Is anyone going to this con?

Going with a friend

I will be cosplaying
Lucy - Fairy Tail ( ill be at this photo-shoot)
Conan- Detective Con
Castiel - Supernatural

What are your cosplay's  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:21 am
nena_sakura
Is anyone going to this con?

Going with a friend

I will be cosplaying
Lucy - Fairy Tail ( ill be at this photo-shoot)
Conan- Detective Con
Castiel - Supernatural

What are your cosplay's

Hi Nena, I wish that I could go to Anime Central this year. I will be going to Youmacon like usual. That's so cool that you are cosplaying Lucy. Lucy is one of my all time favorite Anime Characters. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

HannahCuteSocks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:59 pm
I'll be going with a bunch of my friends!

Catch me as Nico Yazawa from Love Live or in my lolita outfit! Or in my regular boring clothes on Sunday lmao  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 am
HannahCuteSocks

Catch me as Nico Yazawa from Love Live or in my Lolita outfit! Or in my regular boring clothes on Sunday lmao

Hi Hannah,

One of my plans for this year is to do Crossplay Outfits for the first time. One of those outfits is going to be a Lolita outfit. Since I've never done one before I'm curious what Lolita outfit you have and if you have any advice about either creating an outfit and how to act while wearing one. Have fun going to the con and let us know how it goes.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

HannahCuteSocks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:39 pm
smithers456
HannahCuteSocks

Catch me as Nico Yazawa from Love Live or in my Lolita outfit! Or in my regular boring clothes on Sunday lmao

Hi Hannah,

One of my plans for this year is to do Crossplay Outfits for the first time. One of those outfits is going to be a Lolita outfit. Since I've never done one before I'm curious what Lolita outfit you have and if you have any advice about either creating an outfit and how to act while wearing one. Have fun going to the con and let us know how it goes.

It will be my first time wearing one as well, I started with just a random dress I bought at last years ACen from a vendor not knowing it was apparently a several years old dress from a good but not well known chinese brand

Basically it ended up being an absolute chore to get the rest of the matching pieces for the dress (obviously you can mix and match lolita, I'm just weird about stuff being PERFECT) Not sure if there's a specific way you have to act though, maybe just act like yourself lol idk at least that's my plan  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 am
HannahCuteSocks
smithers456
HannahCuteSocks

Hi Hannah,

It will be my first time wearing one as well, I started with just a random dress I bought at last years ACen from a vendor not knowing it was apparently a several years old dress from a good but not well known chinese brand

Basically it ended up being an absolute chore to get the rest of the matching pieces for the dress (obviously you can mix and match lolita, I'm just weird about stuff being PERFECT) Not sure if there's a specific way you have to act though, maybe just act like yourself lol idk at least that's my plan

Hi Hannah,

Many times I've told both Cosplayers and Crossplayers to check out rummage sales, thrift stores, Garage Sales, Resale Shops, and even antique shops for possible ideas and or items (Clothing, props, etc) that could be used in an outfit. As for acting like a "Proper" Young lady I have many sources including my friend Cathy who is willing to teach me how to act and move like a woman. valuable info coming from one of my Female friends. Thanks for responding.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Midwest Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers