Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mini Gaia Community Guild~

Back to Guilds

This guild was meant to bring all of the Gaians together, and make a friendly, stress-free environment for everyone! 

Tags: earn gold, mini shops, contests games, charities, arts 

Reply [✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]
What do you miss most about the old Gaia? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What year did you start?
2003-2005
36%
 36%  [ 26 ]
2006-2008
40%
 40%  [ 29 ]
2009-2011
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
2012-2015
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
2016-2017
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
2018-
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 71

Sparkn Splash

Fluffy Warlord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:37 am
Fishing with my friends. It was fun laughing at them when they miss or saying nc when they catch a large. emo
Even playing with random people was fun back then. Now it's just awkward.

I'd say chilling in zOMG but I got it back now, even if my old friends are gone.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:00 pm
zomg being more active. i just miss the 2000s in general. wish i could relive it...  

Kremeh

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:12 pm
Anamosa Valentine
I have too many old stuff to list, but let's just say I missed everything that Gaia had back in 2005 and around the time zOMG was first released.

Hi, Anamosa! ❤

I loved the simplicity of Gaia when I joined in 2006. Back then, I visited Towns quite often, and the regular forum I posted on was A New Light on Rare Events (KingYuza). The regulars who posted on this thread were my Gaia friends, and every Friday was called "Nekid Friday," so, generally I dressed in a two-piece green bathing suit, so not to miss Friday, if I was away from Gaia for whatever reason. xD

Back then, my avatar was simply dressed, as this image shows:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

but I enjoyed role-playing as a fairy, even if I could not afford "the fairy cloth" or "magic wand" or a pair of sophisticated shoes.

If anything, I think today's Gaia celebrates complicated avatars, with emphasis on elegant hand and leg mods.(Could Gaia's sales department have anything to do with this?) *smiles* However, I still approach Gaia with a healthy dose of imagination -- and gather around me, Gaians of similar mindset.

And, before I go, I'll let Diedrich leave an exclamation of~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:43 am

heart
Hmm, what do I miss most about Gaia in 2008 when I first joined?...
I miss when zomg first came out, I miss staying up super late playing with people I didn't know and enjoying the laughs we shared.
I miss purchasing gift cards to buy stuff and the monthly envelopes heart
I miss looking forward to the monthly envelopes and the clothes and pets - so beautiful and well drawn.
Just to think, 10 years ago eek cry
I read somewhere that people only come on for the nostalgia and yes, that may be the case for me also but I still love the feeling of coming on here and seeing my avi and talking to all of you here on the forums.
I'm so grateful for all of it, I will always be a part of this world.
I love it here.
heart

GiBella

Shy Darling

8,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100

Geista

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:27 pm
Friends...

CB Traffic*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:06 pm
I miss sometime zOMG, well since Flash is gone, no IM not prepared to change browsers, but will maybe miss towns, never fished muched maybe the tile games, not sure lol will miss LK though, shared my opinion =)  

Queentintin

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

Jesussy

Magical Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:19 pm
i joined in 2009 and by then the hype around gaia had died down, but it was still a fun place to be. zOMG was thriving, the games and people were great, and while i sometimes wished i had joined the site sooner to enjoy those times a little longer, i'm glad i got to join it then. verses the cashgrab it has become today

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:45 am
honestly, i miss the cinemas a lot. When i was a wee youngin' i discovered a lot of new anime on gaia when they would play the first episodes of such. (School rumble and Moon Phase come too mind.)

it was so fun watching things with people.

besides that, just general sense of childhood, probably. I hope gaia gets a whole new stride once things are converted to HTML 5!!  

pwuppy_nyans

Snow Friend

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Susan the Ferret

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:25 am
I miss how forums and guilds were more active... at least the ones I like to frequent. People were more chatty and I had a lot of good conversations.

(I joined in 2004. This is a secondary account.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:28 am
RandomUser589
I miss how Gaia was before. It was easier to make friends. Now a days it just drama. And seems like some Gaians really feed off it. A lot bullying happens, i miss when internet was more for the nerds, instead of guys and gals that would bully you in high school. I think there is too many rules and even then people still get away with breaking the rules. It feels like only the cool kids can.
I miss how easy it was to chat and make friends, too.  

Susan the Ferret

Friendly Friend

Susan the Ferret

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:29 am
HiddenMelon
Helloo, returning user here.

I started back in idk 2006-2008.
I miss TekTek, making outfits and questing for them was so much fun.

Its so strange now, items i used to quest forever for are now just like 1 platnium

I guess i miss the value of gold, the people i used to talk to all the time.
None of those people log on anymore.

I made a new account to start fresh too, so its a weird experience with the new currencies.

Oooo, I miss Tektek, too. It was so much easier to sort through items and make great outfits with Tektek!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 am
Hey everyone. I joined back in October 2007... Nearly 14 years ago. ERMAHGAWD gonk
I can't remember doing much because I'm hardly interactive
or doing anything useful in my spare time except playing zOMG back in the day
and trying to make friends.
Being back, again from my brief visit in around 2020, it doesn't feel the same anymore.
The vibe feels completely foreign, everything is so SO expensive nowadays.

Lady Lilith Mistfang

Smitten Vampire

iiCoco_Puffz

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:51 pm
All of the conversations I had with close friends. Having the feeling of joy getting out of school to log into Gaia and hang out with everyone <3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:14 am
Mostly i miss going around towns 1 and doing some goofy shenanigans everyday. Also i miss all the good friends i made during that time.  

Cielina

Friendly Cupcake

10,150 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Freya

Forum Assistant

Benevolent Giver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:30 am
I miss the sense of community. The first time I saw active users under 10,000 I was absolutely heartbroken, but I thought it was just a dry spell and that things would pick back up again. It’s crazy to me that the average now has been between 1k-4k. There was so much to do back in the day here, but now it sort of feels like the only constantly alive place is the Chatterbox and I’m not really into the energy that forum has (never have been, aha). I miss zOMG when it was bustling, I miss bootygrab, I miss all of the games working without Waterfox (still hoping Gaia someday makes things work without that browser)! I miss TekTek and the way it made questing easy (I no longer quest or make dream avis, it’s just too time consuming and the builder is awful). I miss irl Gaia events, there were SO many people at those panels. Most of all, I miss when the art shops were extremely busy. That used to be my home. There was a time where new threads would be buried within a minute and you’d have to keep bumping your shop to compete. I’ve given up hope that Gaia will ever be that busy again, and I genuinely miss “the olden days”, every day. I feel like I lose purpose to sign in a lot, but I still do because I’ll always love Gaia.  
[✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff