Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mini Gaia Community Guild~

Back to Guilds

This guild was meant to bring all of the Gaians together, and make a friendly, stress-free environment for everyone! 

Tags: earn gold, mini shops, contests games, charities, arts 

Reply [✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]
What do you miss most about the old Gaia? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What year did you start?
2003-2005
36%
 36%  [ 26 ]
2006-2008
40%
 40%  [ 29 ]
2009-2011
16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
2012-2015
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
2016-2017
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
2018-
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 71

Freya

Forum Assistant

Benevolent Giver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:36 am
Jesussy Fruit

Was the hype really down around you by 2009? I feel like 2009-2011 was the best era, but I could be misremembering (I was definitely most active at these times personally)! I wish I paid attention to how many users were online back then. I kind of judged Gaia’s active-ness by how fast the CB/other forums moved. If your topic was buried from the front page in a minute, that to me was a good day haha!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:02 am
I miss puzzles and the cinema for sure! I also absolutely miss when there was so much going on you kinda had to dig to find stuff you'd just seen. Now it's very easy to see all the threads I want to see even if I'm not subscribed to them.

I definitely miss that sense of community, but I also still see it during events, it feels like everyone comes out of their specific little corner of gaia to post in the event threads for that period of time!  

Royal Fortune

Benevolent Fairy

noebody

Tipsy Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:12 am
tektek and knowing people irl that went on for me 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:45 am
So, I miss playing zOMG and doing bloodlust every night it seemed. I miss little things like the movie theater, nothing like throwing rotten tomatoes and popcorn. Hanging with me old friends. And a less inflated mp for sure. There is so omany cute items to collect but when i go there is like 400,000 plat and love giftpledge ideas but they are so expensive too gonk I miss real holiday events not recycled ones or ones that we can't finish cuz it isn't ready for us to finish.  

stargaze_69

Unforgiving Star

30,550 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Winged 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:52 am
a stronger economy, the monthly collectables, past events that were neat like the summer events, zomg fully working and getting updates

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(ΦωΦ) life is soup, i am fork (ΦωΦ)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:47 pm
I miss my old guildies and active threads mostly. But now that you guys are mentioning tektek and events and monthly envelopes as opposed to a million different chance items.  

Geddoe Truerune

Lady Lotus Honey

Adorable Vampire

17,925 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hαƈԋιɱιƚʂυ Hυɳɳιҽ Sαყʂ:

+ I miss TekTek Profiles and playing games. +

~"Out of the Ashes. I'm reborn. Burning bright like a Phoenix in a grayscale world"~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:36 am

User Image

gaia_angelleft probably just the general activity of gaia, not a lot of people play zOMG or are on towns 2, ect, (i'm aware it's probably bc of the whole fhash dying things. augah.) gaia_angelright

gaia_uniduck but like, also, all the cool events they had like the olympics thing, and the opening of towns 2. stuff's kinda fuzzy to me but i still remember loving them. and also playing zOMG with my mother! i sometimes play zOMG on my old account and the people there seem so unfriendly in a way and it breaks my heart. i used to get excited when i was able to like, talk to people and do quests w them, even as a super low level, they were kind and helped me as much as they could pff

gaia_uniduck i think also like, other things would be how cheap everything was lol, AND HOC. OMG. that game was so cool. the community of gaia used to be really nice as well, used to make friends left and right! now it seems like there's only a few super kind and cool gaians left, maybe i'm just dumb. i'unno. i kinda miss the cinema thing. and the aquarium. i wish the aquarium would get updated lol.

gaia_uniduck also old item art like the first art style type up to 2016-ish

gaia_angelleft sorry for going on a tangent, and probably repeating myself a lot LOL. i am rlly passionate about gaia gaia_angelright

User Image

Meatpony

Friend

`Cid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:45 am
The one thing I miss about old Gaia isn't the features themselves, but the people that I met back then that I've lost contact with. I'll randomly think about the usernames of people I would hang out with back in '07/08 out of the blue and wonder what they're up to.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:44 am
The theater and my old friends on here..  

CrystalStarshine

SnailFren

Hygienic Gaian

3,450 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:37 am
I joined back around 2009-2012 era. I think I deleted my old account when I tried to quit. Any who, I really miss how easy it was to make friends or have conversations with people. Everyone for the most part was pretty friendly (although I will say a lot of people were really mean to newbies/ people who had low cost items) and fun to talk to. I miss how active Rallys, zOMG, and the aquarium was. I remember the car I customized for myself was soooo cute. I remember the first time I won an avatar customization contest, and forming a little guild in zOMG to complete dungeons. Ah, those were the days. I haven’t been habitually on Gaia for a while but now that I’ve grown bored of waatching Youtube and Netflix all the time I want to be more active again. I haven’t really explored much of the site since I’ve been so busy customizing my avatar but the new RPG looks fun and I’ve been playing Lake Kindred again! Thanks for reading through my wall of text lol redface biggrin

Edit: spelling mistake  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:10 pm
i miss the gold, tektek, the way you could actually make good money playing the games while having fun. avatars were simpler, too. the theater was so good! i loved it  

sourberryguts

Raf Slimmins
Crew

Mega Cupcake

9,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:51 pm
-o- Yaya Chan -o-
У ɑ У ɑ »» Ş ɑ ӱ's: 。

╔══════════════════════╗
*Sits.....*

I miss TekTek and the Gold. Everything is so expensive now. And the monthly letters were fun. I don't know, a lot has changed since I came back. But I still love it. Just saying what I miss. n__n

╚══════════════════════╝

══━━━━━━━━┈┈━━━━━━━━══

User ImageY a y a »» Whispers: *Questing: Some love.. and Avi Art!! ♥

* I enjoy randomly Tipping people! emotion_kirakira * <3
♥ { I love Comments, Avi Art from People! Make me Some!
I also draw Avi Art myself, PM me for Details, Samples in my Journal!~ ♥

Before Zomg it was so much fun but honestly miss the activity of the site in general. 75k users daily to 3.5k now and its hard to find people in any of the communities themselves like rally, towns and even Zomg sad  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:10 pm
i played a lot around 2010-2013
most i would play is puzzles for gold and just because i love puzzles whee  

fwuu

Rhaelys

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:36 am
definitely miss tektek, bootygrab, & when rally was a lot more populated  
[✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff