Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mini Gaia Community Guild~

Back to Guilds

This guild was meant to bring all of the Gaians together, and make a friendly, stress-free environment for everyone! 

Tags: earn gold, mini shops, contests games, charities, arts 

Reply [✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]
[ RL Chat ] Who all are parents in this guild? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

digital iiroko
Moderator Assistant

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:30 pm
Heyooo.
I was just curious if I am the only parent in this guild. I've got two precious little boys - we are attempting to conceive with our third and final child xo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:01 pm
I only have furbabies right now. My partner and i dont plan to have any children till we -both- lose a lot more weight and not for another 4 or 5 years when we're 30.

I do believe there are some that have children here if i can recall correctly...  

HiddenMelon

Hilarious Consumer

princess ammie

Lonely Puppy

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:26 am
I have one daughter. Her name is Illaria, and she'll be 2 in August. She's currently being monitored for Autism, and has genetic testing next month >.< I'm a concerned mother....  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:40 am
I have a 7 month old son. He's a handful but such a sweetheart!  

Celene Evans

Sugary Sweetheart

18,575 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Sweetest 250

Starlight Path

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:45 am
I have 2 little girls one is 5 and one just turned 1 on the 24th.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 pm
I have 3 children smile

The oldest is 4 the middle child is about to be 3 and the youngest is about to be 2 <3  

JaKayZombie
Crew

Celene Evans

Sugary Sweetheart

18,575 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:04 am
Hey parents, any tips on handling changing friendships with others who are also parents? My husband and I have noticed that some of our mutual (started as his) friends have become more negative and judgmental towards my husband because he has a different parenting style than they do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:54 am
IsAndia

My tip may not be very helpful, but I would say just think about why you guys are friends with this couple. If you have other common interests that don't involve kids, then I wouldn't want you to lose a friend. It might be hard at first to not discuss parenting with them, but I like to think every parent needs someone they can talk to about none kid related things. However, if you are only friends with this couple because they have kids, it's not worth staying friends with them. It'll become awkward and cause more stress than it's worth. Parenting is stressful enough, you need people you are comfortable with and who support you.  

princess ammie

Lonely Puppy

MissShadowCat

Bloodthirsty Kitten

37,040 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:39 pm
IsAndia
Hey parents, any tips on handling changing friendships with others who are also parents? My husband and I have noticed that some of our mutual (started as his) friends have become more negative and judgmental towards my husband because he has a different parenting style than they do.

I would say before you do anything, if you like these people. Sit down in a neutral environment (a coffee shop, etc) just the adults. Talk about how this not only effects you, but your kids too. Real friends will understand and try to change accordingly. If they can't honor your wishes, either slowly phase them out of your life, or come up with a whole bunch of activities that don't involve them. Your kid will adjust in time. However if they decide they won't stop criticizing etc.

Find local play groups for kids your age, on fb, there should be a ton. Or try your local community calendar for event for family friendly activities, you can even try local churches they have groups for parents and kids too. If your kid is great at making friends on his/her own try to strike up a conversation of the kid he/she is talking to. School events are great too, especially PTA or whatever it is called in your area. Met some great parents through there. smile Good luck.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm
I have one teenage son.  

MissShadowCat

Bloodthirsty Kitten

37,040 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Celene Evans

Sugary Sweetheart

18,575 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 pm
Thanks for responding princess ammie and MissShadowCat. My husband has been thinking over this friendship, debating on how much we will do with this couple in the future. The problem is that he has been best friends with one of them (the husband) since they were in third grade. There is a lot of shared history between the two of them. Hopefully, we can take the idea of talking with them about how they are coming across so that it will stop.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Hello!
I have 4 boys, all very young at 6, 4, 3, 2...
They are a handful, but always a lot of fun!
it's nice to know so many other parents are on Gaia,
I guess we've all kinda grown while in this site (I just know I have)

Macabre Forever

Ruthless Demon

16,350 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100

MissShadowCat

Bloodthirsty Kitten

37,040 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:16 pm
IsAndia
Thanks for responding princess ammie and MissShadowCat. My husband has been thinking over this friendship, debating on how much we will do with this couple in the future. The problem is that he has been best friends with one of them (the husband) since they were in third grade. There is a lot of shared history between the two of them. Hopefully, we can take the idea of talking with them about how they are coming across so that it will stop.

Hopefully it will help. Some people really have no idea what they are saying is hurting you, sometimes it is just trying to help. Using phrases such as "I have observed, or I feel." These are taught in conflict resolution classes. You or your hubby could also use, "When you say things this way________, I feel that it means _____". Letting them know will help. If you want to still involve them and make them feel wanted in your life. You or your husband can ask for an opinion about small stuff, getting the kid into soccer, etc. Little things might help them feel included, but make sure they know that they should only give advice when you or your hubby ask.
Another tip, make your friends part of the solution, give them a way of coming up with solutions too. All of these tips help in almost any walk of life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 am
I'm so sorry I haven't been around to respond. I'm seriously struggling on juggling time with my two boys, life in general, housework, boyfriend time, work, and me time right now. Look at all of us parents! ♡ This makes my heart happy!  

digital iiroko
Moderator Assistant

digital iiroko
Moderator Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:08 am
princess ammie
I have one daughter. Her name is Illaria, and she'll be 2 in August. She's currently being monitored for Autism, and has genetic testing next month >.< I'm a concerned mother....

Have you received any news?  
[✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces