Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mini Gaia Community Guild~

Back to Guilds

This guild was meant to bring all of the Gaians together, and make a friendly, stress-free environment for everyone! 

Tags: earn gold, mini shops, contests games, charities, arts 

Reply [✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]
intl thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

god n1t30wl xiii ssc
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:00 pm
espanol?
francais?
italiano?

maybe a thread in other languages just in case english / ingles / Anglais / Inglese isnt your primary language

and yes im sure this guild needs more than one bilingual moderator but im willing to do what it takes to start with

other thoughts on this idea? i can take the negative feedback if it comes. how i see it and yes google has similar topics on it

X

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:37 pm
The best foreign language I am best as is Chinese, studied it for 7 years and stayed abroad for awhile, though it was a few years ago

I also took Spanish, German, and Arabic. So I think this is great. Even if we were just to make a thread to practice speaking our non native languages.

When I was in China, we had this thing called "The English Corner" where kids at the university would meet up with the Americans and we would work on our Chinese, and they would work on their English, it was pretty neat. I miss it.  

Remedy Forgotten

Shadowy Shade

god n1t30wl xiii ssc
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:22 pm
Remedy Forgotten
The best foreign language I am best as is Chinese, studied it for 7 years and stayed abroad for awhile, though it was a few years ago

I also took Spanish, German, and Arabic. So I think this is great. Even if we were just to make a thread to practice speaking our non native languages.

When I was in China, we had this thing called "The English Corner" where kids at the university would meet up with the Americans and we would work on our Chinese, and they would work on their English, it was pretty neat. I miss it.

im only crew so i cant make final decision but im hoping one of the vice or captain will have a more official position on this and ooh Chinese is hard they have multiple versions of it but a similar situation is true of Spanish Mexican Spanish, Spain's Spanish and of course South American Spanish and i wont mind sharing some fun facts about Spanish or French languages. now im really hoping this gains momentum and we can have something else to do. we also need others who speak other languages fluently JUST IN CASE someone tries to pull a fast one with a bad word. i would list an example but i don't want ppl saying ooh hes doing something
i did suggest a foreign language game in this thread somewhere https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25249791&page=2 but we could probably modify it to any other language to some extent

point your attention to the captain and vice in here to see if we can get a more official response

-o- Yaya Chan -o-
iBreesus
-o- Yaya Guild Mule -o-  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:28 pm
Yes I approve this. It's a great idea! 3nodding

-o- Yaya Chan -o-

Captain

Friendly Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100

HiddenMelon

Hilarious Consumer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:38 am
I'm only fluent i writing and speaking English sadly...

I speak vietnamese, i can read a bit of it, no writing though.

I can understand spanish ok, i took 4 years of it in highschool and have a lot of spanish speaking friends. Just cannot write it, can read a little.

I think its a good idea, i've seen a few newbie gaians join and say their english is not that good.  
[✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games