Submit

tulin13

Friendly Wolf

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:37 am
It looks like there's been a bit of an apocalypse in the guilds. I remember how popular Why Not? was, but I also remember the other guilds who were just as popular too. But the latter seemed to have all died off.

You should be very proud of yourselves for sticking around.

*Applause*  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:51 pm
Sometimes it feels like we're hanging by a thread, but back in the day I was very invested in populating this place with folks who genuinely gave a damn yet knew how to have fun.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

tulin13

Friendly Wolf

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 am
I hope it can continue to live and be saved! I'll invite some folk around when they join Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:00 am
tulin13
I hope it can continue to live and be saved! I'll invite some folk around when they join Gaia.

Fresh blood is always appreciated! smile  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:06 pm
Work, school, and other life events is the main contributor to the decline in attendance of people posting here. I know for myself I don't have much time between my two jobs to get on here.

Plus there's been so much change in the way Gaia itself is set up that it's not as fun as it used to be, I think. A lot of people have migrated to other sites because of it. Heck, I'm friends with a lot of people here at Why Not on Facebook now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:59 am
emotion_hug

Geista

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:08 am
Prof. Moonie
Work, school, and other life events is the main contributor to the decline in attendance of people posting here. I know for myself I don't have much time between my two jobs to get on here.

Plus there's been so much change in the way Gaia itself is set up that it's not as fun as it used to be, I think. A lot of people have migrated to other sites because of it. Heck, I'm friends with a lot of people here at Why Not on Facebook now. sweatdrop

Bolded for emphasis.

There's been a shift in this site and, having returned after a few years, I'm not sure what the heck they were thinking.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:28 pm
Kamira Erythren
Prof. Moonie

Bolded for emphasis.

There's been a shift in this site and, having returned after a few years, I'm not sure what the heck they were thinking.

Theoretically there was a change in management that shifted the business model away from fun toward profit. Though the bad blood has been purged out of the management strata, they're now caught in an endless loop of trying to keep funding. At least, that's the vibe I got from visiting HQ. confused They wouldn't even hire me because of budgetary reasons, ignoring all the great ideas for bringing life back to some of the old fun features. rolleyes  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Kamira Erythren

Devoted Defender

11,000 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:40 pm
Zphal
Kamira Erythren
Prof. Moonie

Bolded for emphasis.

Theoretically there was a change in management that shifted the business model away from fun toward profit. Though the bad blood has been purged out of the management strata, they're now caught in an endless loop of trying to keep funding. At least, that's the vibe I got from visiting HQ. confused They wouldn't even hire me because of budgetary reasons, ignoring all the great ideas for bringing life back to some of the old fun features. rolleyes

... Well heck.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:57 pm
Zphal
Kamira Erythren
Prof. Moonie

Bolded for emphasis.

Such a shame when people blatantly avoid taking an open option for getting out of a loop just because they're so narrow minded about a particular thing. *sighs*  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

tulin13

Friendly Wolf

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:37 pm
Zphal
Kamira Erythren
Prof. Moonie

Bolded for emphasis.

That's a shame, Gaia needs a bit more fun and chill.

But at least we wouldn't keep getting announcements about bananas and bacon.

rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:38 pm
tulin13
Zphal
Kamira Erythren
Prof. Moonie

Bolded for emphasis.

That's a shame, Gaia needs a bit more fun and chill.

But at least we wouldn't keep getting announcements about bananas and bacon.

rofl

I'll have you know those are very popular topics! 8U  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff