Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hospital Wing
Madame Kavanagh's Office

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:42 pm
Marni Kavanagh's office is plainly decorated, save for a nice calendar and a few pictures of family members. She has a desk with a nice leather chair, and a little couch on the opposite side for students that may need a safe place to talk. On her desk is a picture of herself and fellow professor Drusilla Somerset (though she has it facing her for when she's having a bad day). There's also usually some snacks hidden in her drawers, just for when she's not had a chance to eat.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:47 pm
Yaretzi Rose Wellbelove
Sixth Year Slytherin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "You can be cautious or you can be creative, but there's no such thing as a cautious creative."

Yari had been to the hospital wing several times in the past, quidditch would do that to you - but she had never been ushered directly into one of the nurse's offices. Yari was tired - the climb from the dungeons to the th floor Hospital Wing was longer than she remembered, right probably blood loss. Well, she hated the idea that her siblings would get to the dorm and see a slight mess - sure Daphne had tried to clean up, but Daphne had her head on straight and had higher priorities.

Well, if she was in an office and not a long-term bed...that was probably good news right?

Yari...was almost grateful for Daphne, who had helped drag her up the stairs, had checked her in, and was still waiting for the okay to leave. She would never have the audactiy to tell Daphne she was thankful, no she would have a grudge against Daphne for a while. Yari still wasn't sure if she wanted to keep surviving... she still couldn't find any reason other than to Spite Daphne to keep living.

Yari looked up at the adult in the room, after wrapping her arms around herself, trying to hide what she had done. "Hi Nurse Kavanagh, lovely weather we're having today, isn't it."

"I am done being creative."

Setting: Hospital Wing with Daphne; shortly before winter break
Thoughts: Revenge is best served dead.
Wearing: Black yoga pants, crimson tanktop

“Cinnabun Gryffie”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hospital Wing - My Office
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Yaretzi Wellbelove and Daphne Greensborough
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Healing and Monitoring
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'll let the Headmaster deal with contacting the Ministry...

Marni was glad she'd been cleaning near the desk when these girls came in. One of them, Daphne, said that the other, her roommate Yari, had tried to end her life, but had been healed to some degree by Miss Daphne herself. Leading the girls into her office, she offered a seat to the blonde, then waved her wand in intricate patterns while calmly circling the brunette. When Miss Yaretzi spoke, she offered casual small talk, earning a small grin from the woman. Of course, she knew what had happened to dear Angier, but she was a bit surprised she hadn't seen the quadruplets in yet. Several others of Angier's friends had come in, even if only just once to talk, but none of the Wellbeloves... Then again, much of the school was aware of their poor coping mechanisms. And if rumor served, this was only the first of several due visits.

"It is a lovely day indeed. Any day I can make sure the ladies of this school are able to stand strong is a good day. Though, I will say I'm not too fond of snow." She chuckled softly, hoping to lighten some of the clear tension in the room. "What does the weather matter? Ten minutes ago, you were on your bed just waiting for one of your sisters to find you. God. What would they have thought of-"

"Miss Greensborough, please. I understand this situation has been... hectic, and I do want to commend you for helping your friend. What you did is very noble. As for Miss Wellbelove, What you did comes from a place of deep pain. A pain most people aren't unfortunate enough to know. But I hope this has become somewhat of a call. I know you're in that dark place, but it is true that you have friends, family, and many other people in your corner. You have support and love. The situation is terrible, but I'm so proud of both of you girls. Because this took a lot of courage and strength to come here to me." Marni glanced between the girls, knowing of their animosity. Most of the school knew that the girls hadn't exactly been friends, but Marni was hoping to put to rest some of this unease.

She cast a few additional healing spells, making sure that Yaretzi was fully healed up. In this situation, she was sure they would have to engage a true mind healer, someone to provide more in-depth therapy than the school healers were able. Curls bobbed a bit as Marni moved to put her wand in her uniform pocket, stepping back a bit to allow both girls some space. "Miss Yaretzi, how are you feeling now? Any physical issue was largely handled by Miss Daphne, but I want to make sure you're not feeling any undue discomfort."

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Marni - #AB274F
          Daphne - #0070FF

When the visions around you bring tears to your eyes
          And all that surrounds you are secrets and lies
          I'll be your strength I'll give you hope, keeping your faith when it's gone
          The one you should call was standing there all along
          I've loved you forever, in lifetimes before
          And I promise you never will you hurt anymore
          I give you my word, I give you my heart. This is a battle we've won
          And with this vow, forever has now begun
          And I will take you in my arms and hold you right where you belong
          Til' the day my life is through, this I promise you

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:12 am
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? My Office
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Declan McNamara
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Concerns
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder what's going on?

Marni had been up front at the wing with a mug of hot tea, working on some paperwork and monitoring a few of the students that had come in for minor issues. She heard the door open, looking up to see one of the new first years looking a bit lost. After greeting him, he admitted he had some worries about his friend. Marni, of course, wanted to offer a hand. She led the boy, Declan McNamara, to her office, then let Frida know where she'd be so the front could still be cared for. Stepping into her own office, Marni invited the small blond to sit in one of the comfy chairs as she sat at her office chair. "Alright, Declan. You said you had some concerns about your friend? Please, go ahead and let me know what's going on." She gently rest her hands on the top of her desk, hoping to make sure the blond didn't feel too intimidated or anything. After all, Marni liked keeping her office a comfortable location for students to know they were safe during any such talks.

{{Wearing :: Healer Uniform}}
          AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:25 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hospital Wing
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Ms Kavanagh
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Talking about Seb
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh gosh, I hope I don't get him in trouble

It had taken Declan almost two hours to psyche himself up to visit the Hospital Wing in order to discuss his concerns regarding Seb. He wasn't usually the one to initiate contact, especially with an adult, but his worry for his friend had forced him to do so. The entire trip to the Hospital Wing, Declan had been rehearsing what he wanted to say. It was only after he'd introduced himself and spoke his mind that he worried saying something to the school staff might get Seb in trouble in some way. He didn't want to do that and considered leaving, but the Healer he'd spoken to seemed very nice and understanding. Glancing back at the door, he followed her into her office and looked around at the room. It reminded him of the counselor's office back at his primary school. That was a room he'd spent a lot of time in, considering how the kids at his old school had treated him. That memory did make him a little uneasy. The boy nodded and took a seat on the other side of her desk, looking down at the desk. "Um... so... well, it... it's a friend of mine. He... um they, well they are struggling a little with reading. It... he... they are smart. It's not like they can't read... but um, well, I think there's something making it hard for them to read. I... I don't want h...them to get in trouble, but I'm concerned." Blue eyes began to tear up a little, his concern for his friend very obvious. Declan sniffled and rubbed his nose on his sleeve, still staring very intently towards the desk. "I don't... I don't know if they want me to be here, but I... I had to."

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Lᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ 'ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʜᴀs ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴜʀᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ, ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:42 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Poor dear seems so upset...

Marni listened as Declan stammered out that he was worried about a friend of his. Apparently there were some struggles with reading, though Declan noted that the friend was indeed smart. He seemed so genuinely worried, even doing his best (though not super good) to try and mask the friend's identity in any way possible. The boy even started to tear up, so Marni offered a box of tissues his way. He said he didn't know if the friend would want him to be here, but he felt obligated anyway. Marni offered a small smile, then an explanation.

"Well, there could be several reasons for reading struggles. It could be something like a word decoding issue, where there's an issue matching letters to their phonetics, or possibly dyslexia, where the letters would seem to visibly scramble a bit. However, neither are bad, and several people have both and prove to be very intelligent humans. Not only that, but I can promise you that your friend won't be in any trouble. Actually, what I'll do is have one of their professors help monitor their reading, and allow them a bit of grace. If it does seem to be an issue, then we'd help test your friend for the reading issues, see what's going on, then work up a plan to help them in classes." Hopefully some reassurance would help Declan calm down a bit, especially since he seemed to feel quite guilty for coming here at all.

"Declan, I can promise your friend won't ever know you came to speak with me today. I'm very proud of you for coming to let me know, and I can let you know that all the professors are trained to help spot learning difficulties as well. At worst, your friend will simply be told their professor had a concern." She gently pat the blond's hand, a smile still in place. "May I ask what's brought you to concern? Did your friend confess reading difficulties, or do you simply suspect?" Hopefully she could pry out a bit more information, especially because she wasn't sure how he'd react when she'd have to ask the name of his friend. After all, there was only one way to check in on the student in question...

AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:05 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh gosh, I hope I don't get him in trouble

He accepted the tissues and dabbed at his eyes, then gave a gentle blow to clear his nose. She listed off a couple things that could be the problem with Seb's reading. One of the possibilities made more sense than the other though. He wasn't having an issue with the phonetics, it seemed more like he was having trouble reading the letters on the page. Declan remembered back to the library and how he seemed to struggle with identifying the letters on the page. Ms Kavanagh was doing her best to relieve his fears regarding Seb getting in trouble for having issues reading, and even said that they didn't have to tell Seb that Deck had come to the Healers about him. He still wished there was a different way to approach this because Seb had felt really bad when he couldn't read the story to Deck and he didn't want to make his friend feel bad again. Declan understood the frustration Seb was feeling; it was basically the same frustration that he was feeling about not being able to talk to people normally. It was a very frustrating thing to be afraid to talk and make friends, so clearly it must also be very frustrating for Seb to struggle to read. "No, he...they didn't say anything. We were, uh, in the library and well, I read a story and then they were gonna read one. But it seemed like the words were all jumbled. He knew what they were, but just couldn't, um, get them to stay together? That's what it seemed like, at least." He wasn't sure the correct terminology to use to convey what was beleaguering his friend, but that seemed correct at least.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ? Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
          Mᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʟʟ sɪɴɢ ᴜs ᴀ sᴏɴɢ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs, Nᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ɪғ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:25 am
User ImageUser Image

As the boy seemed to become even more uneasy, Marni tried to figure out a plan. It seemed to be a real struggle for the blond, and she worried he might also have some issues to talk about. Perhaps it'd be a good time to mention that counseling group Miss Wellbelove had asked her about... When asked what brought Declan to the conclusion of reading difficulties, he explained that they were taking turns reading in the library, but the friend struggled with the words being in a jumble. Declan said his friend knew what the words were, but struggled to piece them together. She nodded slowly, then let out an exhale.

"It definitely does sound like your friend has some issues with reading, though there could be several factors. Some people are quite good readers, but when asked to read aloud, get a bit anxious over the act. Unfortunately, without checking with the actual student, it's quite hard to tell. So, here's the part I'm sure you're not going to like too much. Declan, I do need to know the name of your friend." She paused a second, brown eyes looking over at the blond. She tried to be empathetic to his worries, so she offered a rationale for him.

"And, like I said, your friend won't know at all that someone spoke with us. Most likely, their professors would notice issues somewhere along the line, such as homework, essays, tests... Or even reading aloud to the class. They're all lovely at catching issues, but with us knowing ahead of time, we can be alert to any of those issues. Especially since with reading issues often accompany struggles with writing." Declan seemed concerned, but Marni knew the issue would be handled as delicately as possible. After all, the professors and heads were all chosen for a reason. She trusted all of them to handle any such situations with care. Not only that, but she'd assisted in more than one reading sill assessment, and knew it was better to catch issues earlier on.

AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:54 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Darn it...

Declan churned his hands together, worry and nervousness mixing together into an unholy combination of emotions. He felt sick, because he was concerned for his friend and really wanted to do the best for him. The question he was expecting was raised and Declan considered running out of the office to avoid answering it. But she wanted to help Seb as much as Declan did. "He... he isn't the anxious type. That's me," Declan said, swallowing nervously at the lump in his throat. "Um, well, I want to help... He's my best friend." Declan nervously adjusted the school tie of his uniform for several long moments. If he told her and Seb got upset about it, his friend could feel hurt or angry and Declan didn't want that. But if he didn't tell her and someone confronted him in one of their classes, Seb would feel a lot worse. Ms Kavanagh had a point too that Seb probably also had trouble with writing. As far as he knew, he'd never actually seen Seb write anything. And naturally one of their professors would notice sooner or later because Declan figured they'd have homework to do and tests to take. He wanted his best friend to be able to do those. Reading wasn't as important because Deck could always read to him, he didn't mind. But during tests... Declan finally stopped fidgeting with his tie and set it down. "It's Seb. Um, Sebastian Moon, in my year. Gryffindor." He felt like he betrayed his friend, but also like he was helping him. Declan just wanted what was best for Seb. He would help his friend with reading, just like Seb was helping with talking and making friends.

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Oʜ, Wᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:08 am
User ImageUser Image

Marni offered a little smile toward the blonde as he noted that his friend wasn't the anxious type, but he was. She didn't want to say, but it was obvious he had some anxieties about this meeting. He reiterated again that he wanted to help his friend, and she nodded. "Even if he's not generally anxious, it could be certain things that bring on a bit more anxiety. For example, I normally remain pretty calm, but goodness if I were in a tight location, I'd be overwhelmed." Hopefully sharing a bit about her own would help too.

Luckily, Declan was able to stop fidgeting for a moment and offered the name of his friend. Sebastian Moon. Marni had already met him once, after helping him in the hallway after he tripped and fell over. "Thank you, Declan. And again, no one will treat him any differently. We'll be able to offer a bit more support, and possibly help with some options to make his reading easier. As for you..." she hesitated, then continued. "If you ever want someone to talk with about those anxieties, my door is always open. There is also a group being opened soon with some peer counseling options. Anxiety can be tricky, but I want you to know you've got resources here too, Declan." A maternal smile showed on Marni's face, hoping to provide him with some options as well... since he was here.

AliceInWonderland0921

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250