Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Sales Stable
*Notices your questions* [Questions?] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:38 pm
Okay, I have a not-stupid question... How do you feel about armor?

Also, can you clarify what you mean by 'lowballing' so I can avoid it? Shop prices quoted for customs are one thing, and I try to increase by decimal point when I pay for regular slots. But bribes? No clue. It stresses me out whenever the B-word comes up. :<  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:43 pm
Mameha Otome
I can't remember where to find it again, but in herd helpers, is the person paying for them allowed to keep two but has to give the rest away to one person each? Or could we get the full six and divide them 2, 2, 2 to three people?

I don't see why not? Like customs the max is 2 twins for the owner so I could see it being okay if you wanted to divide it in that way as well. If I am wrong I will update you but I think it's probably okay.  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:46 pm
Thank you Yumi~ emotion_kirakira heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:50 pm
Lady Argentum Draconis
I've looked and can't find an answer even though I swear I've seen the answer to this question before but:

I know that a regular breeding win and a bribe win are mutually exclusive and bribes don't incur cooldown timers for regular breedings, however do bribe breeding wins reset LL counters or is that also something that also only applies to regular slots?

I can confirm that a win via bribe would reset the LL counter.  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Melomar
Okay, I have a not-stupid question... How do you feel about armor?

Also, can you clarify what you mean by 'lowballing' so I can avoid it? Shop prices quoted for customs are one thing, and I try to increase by decimal point when I pay for regular slots. But bribes? No clue. It stresses me out whenever the B-word comes up. :<

Right now I don't have any strong like or dislike for armour as long as it's something that stands out to me as visually pleasing it's all good. What that would look like... who knows? x'D
Armour is so varied!

Lowballing means non-serious offers.
We're not really allowed to give any real hints on how much to offer so just go for what you think my time and effort is worth. biggrin If you were in my shoes, what would you be pleased with getting if you were doing a concept of X edit level? I know it's vague but I hope that helps.
I don't want bribes to be stressful to anyone, they're very rare indeed but I don't want them to be stressful so, if there is any other way I can help out, please let me know!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:20 pm
Yumitoko II
Right now I don't have any strong like or dislike for armour as long as it's something that stands out to me as visually pleasing it's all good. What that would look like... who knows? x'D
Armour is so varied!

Lowballing means non-serious offers.
We're not really allowed to give any real hints on how much to offer so just go for what you think my time and effort is worth. biggrin If you were in my shoes, what would you be pleased with getting if you were doing a concept of X edit level? I know it's vague but I hope that helps.
I don't want bribes to be stressful to anyone, they're very rare indeed but I don't want them to be stressful so, if there is any other way I can help out, please let me know!

Thank you. I am really glad I asked both questions. Sometimes the most stressful thing is just hitting Send! xD

I will try to give some thought-provoking armor examples! :3

I can appreciate that giving a more specific answer about bribe prices kind of defeats the purpose of calling them bribes. Not to mention that even if the economy were reasonable, bribe-offer is not the only factor you take into consideration. So thank you for trying to answer along that middle road.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:35 pm
Melomar

Thank you. I am really glad I asked both questions. Sometimes the most stressful thing is just hitting Send! xD

I will try to give some thought-provoking armor examples! :3

I can appreciate that giving a more specific answer about bribe prices kind of defeats the purpose of calling them bribes. Not to mention that even if the economy were reasonable, bribe-offer is not the only factor you take into consideration. So thank you for trying to answer along that middle road.
No problem! I'm always happy to try and find an answer to any questions you may have even if rules kinda limit what I can say.

It took me a long time to get a hang of this economy and even now it still screws me up! x'D
My main is in plat but I still think in gold so my mule is in gold hehe. ;; (Old habits die hard.)
I'm looking out for things I can enjoy in regards to the concept as well so each entry needs to have at least 1 moderate concept as well. That's like mid-range edits, I see it as something that has flavour but won't completely floor me, the 20 slot dash is like a marathon so I'll need to pace myself if that makes sense. There are already so many pretty concepts so it might take a while to get through them all hehe. Take your time! <3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:53 am
Alright, i'm curious. heart

How long do you usually spend (in hours) on the various edit levels?
I know that coloring complexity may come into play too, as well as experimenting or trying something new, real life factors distractions and limitations heart , but... for Unedited, Minor, Moderate, Heavy+... how long would those kinds of edits usually take you?
If you knew what you were doing, or had a clear road-map?

If this gets too close to 'hinting' at bribe offers just let me know, i'm just wondering. heart

Also... would it be possible to have you quote my bribe offer back at me, please, so I have the format saved? heart

-PR0X1MA-C3NTAUR1-

Shy Lionheart

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:31 am
-PR0X1MA-C3NTAUR1-
Alright, i'm curious. heart

How long do you usually spend (in hours) on the various edit levels?
I know that coloring complexity may come into play too, as well as experimenting or trying something new, real life factors distractions and limitations heart , but... for Unedited, Minor, Moderate, Heavy+... how long would those kinds of edits usually take you?
If you knew what you were doing, or had a clear road-map?

If this gets too close to 'hinting' at bribe offers just let me know, i'm just wondering. heart

Also... would it be possible to have you quote my bribe offer back at me, please, so I have the format saved? heart

Hello! Thank you for your questions.

Re: time taken per level
I could not say as the scope of edit level increases with each step and pets can vary and overlap even within the boundaries of each edit level. What I do know is I am slow in general so I would not be suited to anyone who wants something really fast. I try to make up it up by communicating about changes via my trello logs, regular streams (with 14 day playback) when I can and trying to do my best to make it worth the wait. My process prioritises detail over speed, I don't like to rush things because I may end up hurting myself or making awful mistakes and I may make something that the owner would not be happy with.

I do sometimes suffer from wrist pain when I do more elaborate or detailed things so I try to preserve my wrist and arm so I do take regular breaks, sometimes I choose not to colour and rest it instead so it is ready for the next session. With that in mind it would take me a little longer than someone who might not experience these problems.

Everything I do feels experimental to a degree to be honest, especially when I'm given new things to draw that I have not tried before, something I've not done very often or if it's something I need practice with I try to find the time to go away and study it.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help, there are too many factors that add up which means I usually just take as much time as I can.

Re: bribe format, I can send it back to you.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:45 am
x Yumitoko II
[
Hello! Thank you for your questions.

Re: time taken per level
I could not say as the scope of edit level increases with each step and pets can vary and overlap even within the boundaries of each edit level. What I do know is I am slow in general so I would not be suited to anyone who wants something really fast. I try to make up it up by communicating about changes via my trello logs, regular streams (with 14 day playback) when I can and trying to do my best to make it worth the wait. My process prioritises detail over speed, I don't like to rush things because I may end up hurting myself or making awful mistakes and I may make something that the owner would not be happy with.

I do sometimes suffer from wrist pain when I do more elaborate or detailed things so I try to preserve my wrist and arm so I do take regular breaks, sometimes I choose not to colour and rest it instead so it is ready for the next session. With that in mind it would take me a little longer than someone who might not experience these problems.

Everything I do feels experimental to a degree to be honest, especially when I'm given new things to draw that I have not tried before, something I've not done very often or if it's something I need practice with I try to find the time to go away and study it.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help, there are too many factors that add up which means I usually just take as much time as I can.

Re: bribe format, I can send it back to you.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful!

Hello there!
I'm sorry if my first question came across as wanting an estimate on how long something would take to complete for "how long would it take to get this done"" reasons, as that was not my intention. I am a very patient person, and would of course rather have the artist rest, take care of themselves, and take their time, than rush or put themselves at risk for their art. heart
I was actually attempting to circumvent the whole "offer what you think our time is worth" thing by trying to figure out how much time would or might reasonably be expected to be spent on a concept. xd Thus, being able to work out a decent offer by trying to think through an hourly rate + incentive ( 'okay if we pay at least this much per hour.... plus bonus xd .... ' ) for active coloring time instead of 'Well here have everything that I own here PLEASELOVEME, this sounds good to me *no experience with shading or lines*!" xd
I appreciate the time spent, and understand how it would be hard to guess with the variety of edits poses and complexity within each range.

Regardless, thank you for your answer and I hope all goes well for you. heart

Thank you for sending my form back, too! heart

-PR0X1MA-C3NTAUR1-

Shy Lionheart

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:13 am
-PR0X1MA-C3NTAUR1-

Hello there!
I'm sorry if my first question came across as wanting an estimate on how long something would take to complete for "how long would it take to get this done"" reasons, as that was not my intention. I am a very patient person, and would of course rather have the artist rest, take care of themselves, and take their time, than rush or put themselves at risk for their art. heart
I was actually attempting to circumvent the whole "offer what you think our time is worth" thing by trying to figure out how much time would or might reasonably be expected to be spent on a concept. xd Thus, being able to work out a decent offer by trying to think through an hourly rate + incentive ( 'okay if we pay at least this much per hour.... plus bonus xd .... ' ) for active coloring time instead of 'Well here have everything that I own here PLEASELOVEME, this sounds good to me *no experience with shading or lines*!" xd
I appreciate the time spent, and understand how it would be hard to guess with the variety of edits poses and complexity within each range.

Regardless, thank you for your answer and I hope all goes well for you. heart

Thank you for sending my form back, too! heart

I will admit that people who have seen my streams and how slow I am probably might have a better estimate of how long things would take but in all honesty, I just kinda space out lol. x'D
If I look at the time it can be kinda depressing to see that I've spent several hours on something and not feel like i've made much progress haha. OTL

Thank you! I've never done bribes so you could say I'm new to it lol!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:12 am
Since they are available now, I have some group bribe questions!

I am working on a Group Bribe with someone. What do you need us to do? And more specifically: I am expecting we indicate in our individual posts that we are involved in a group bribe. Is that correct, or unnecessary? Do you want the filled-out form in both of our posts, or just one post? Are there any headers (or some other indicator) you would like us to use?

If someone wins a group bribe, do you want to receive their portion from everyone, or just one person all at once?  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:33 am
Melomar
Since they are available now, I have some group bribe questions!

I am working on a Group Bribe with someone. What do you need us to do? And more specifically: I am expecting we indicate in our individual posts that we are involved in a group bribe. Is that correct, or unnecessary? Do you want the filled-out form in both of our posts, or just one post? Are there any headers (or some other indicator) you would like us to use?

If someone wins a group bribe, do you want to receive their portion from everyone, or just one person all at once?

Hello!

It's quite simple so please don't worry too much - how to send the offer:
-decide on your offer,
-figure out who is to be the person standing as the main negotiator
-send the offer and include who the contributors are

If you are sending a group bribe I will just count it against the people who are in the group if the concept or concept(s) for that group are chosen. If people want to link to the original form (posted by the main negotiator) in their posts, then they can do that but please don't post it multiple times because it'll just cause unnecessary page stretching. Thank you!

As for sending a trade, if I ask for a trade, I would prefer if you sent your full offer in one single bribe via the main negotiator. You would have 48 hours to send it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:35 am
Note:
Hello guys! Thanks for your interest so far, this is all very exciting and I'm loving all of the concepts! I wanted to clarify something that has popped up a few times just so everyone knows what is and what is not allowed.

Gifting the Colourist:
I am not allowed to accept any pets from twins or herd helpers, etc as part of a bribe offer or as a gift up front but if you think I did a good job or wanted to give a surprise birthday gift, I can be gifted something as a surprise afterward. Thank you all so much for your generosity, you are all very kind.

I can still accept your virtual currency and items up front as your offer but I cannot knowingly accept any pets before I have accepted the offer, if you would like to gift something, it has to be a surprise.

I will post a copy and paste of this in the other thread too so it's easier to find. Thank you!  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:47 pm
Thank you for the help on the group bribe! You're right, it's pretty simple. heart whee  
Sales Stable

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff