Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mini Gaia Community Guild~

Back to Guilds

This guild was meant to bring all of the Gaians together, and make a friendly, stress-free environment for everyone! 

Tags: earn gold, mini shops, contests games, charities, arts 

Reply [✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]
Chat with Chess~ Let's be friends! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 pm
Hello! I made this because I'd like to keep long conversations in a spot and get to know people!
My basic introduction is in the intro thread but I'll include it here.

Hello, I am Cheshire! Real name Kim! I am an artist, geek, and gamer. I enjoy anime, yaoi manga, video games, Dungeons & Dragons, Marvel Movies, art, conventions, cosplay, and cartoons.

Relationship: Non-existent
Personality Type: INFJ
Pets: I have 2 dogs. A yellow lab named Butters and a teacup Chihuahua/Yorkie named Mogwai. Also, I’ve got a chinchilla named Mort

I’m really happy to have been invited to a guild full of people to chat with! I'm open to new friends to talk to. I sign on everyday and don’t have much else to do during the day once my schoolwork is done. Since I’m an online college student, I spend a lot of time kinda lonely and don’t have many people to chat with. The ones I do chat with, don’t understand what I’m trying to talk to them about because its not something they deal with or know. Mainly looking for people who like to chat about shows, games, stories, and art.

I’ve been on and off Gaia since my 13th birthday (06/17/09) when I made my account. I used go thru phases of being very active where I’m talking to people, posting in threads, and doing artwork, then the inactive but still active where I log in everyday and sometimes make new avatars. Since about February, I’ve been on everyday, constantly checking every few hours. This will probably continue for the duration I’m in school (don't graduate til 2020) because I need interaction aside from my pets ;-;

On March 16, 2018, I went from being an older sister to being an only child. My brother was killed in a car accident on his way to work. A 17 year old swerved into his lane and hit him head on, killing him on impact. He was only 19 years old. He was one of my best friends and a big supporter of everything I did. We were close and had so many inside jokes. I miss him and love him and there isn’t a day I won’t think of him.
(This is probably a bummer thing to include but I enjoy talking about my memories of my brother to keep his story going. If you want to hear any stories about him, I would love to share!)

Anywho, I’m excited to make some new friends!

I'm an art student so anyone who wants to talk about art or artists, I'd love to. Anyone who would like to hear stories about my brother, you're welcome to ask. Or any topic, lets chat!
I'd really like to have people to talk to consistently so I don't feel so lonely.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 pm
Here's a few memories of my brother:

My grandpa's favorite memory is when my brother was 3 years old and he asked my grandpa, "Do you wanna play in the dirt?"

When we were younger, we used to always fight over who got to sit up front or who got to play the playstation.

In 2011, we had to stay in Tennessee for my dad's job and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 came out. We went to the midnight release at a local game stop. The next morning, my dad woke up to head to work and my brother was still up playing the game. Jacob took like a 3 hour nap and continued playing.

My dad took Jacob with him to a job down in Fort Myers, FL. He was working night shift so he called my brother at 5am when he got off work. Jacob was up all night playing a game and told my dad he wanted a burrito. Dad got back to the hotel room and he was asleep. Dad woke him up and Jacob ate his burrito then went back to sleep. He woke an hour later and was like "Wtf, wheres my burrito?" and dad just looked at him and asked how he was still hungry. The burrito he ate was one of those 4 in thick and 12 in long ones. How he was still hungry after that is beyond me.

Jacob loved animals. He kept coming home with new ones without asking my mom. He's had:
Hermoine (Gecko)
Lex ( Bearded Dragon)
Mad Hatter (Tortoise)
Pickles (Turtle)
Sneaches (Ball python)
Avicii and Tango (love birds)
2 ferrets that didn't have names
Mort (chinchilla that is now mine)
Quin (cat)
His fiancé also has her share of pets:
Remi (rat)
Spiderman (Bearded dragon)
Yoshi (Beard dragon)
No Feet (ball python)
Meeko (Dog)

When my dad and him bought our yellow lab, Butters, back in 2012, he said that Butters was the only one that came up to play. Butters chose Jacob because he started biting his shoe laces. In the years after, he taught Butters how to play hide-n-seek. I think Butters misses him. My Uncle visited a while back and Butters went nuts smelling him. My brother worked with my uncle a few times and would come home smelling like that. It made me happy seeing him react that way.

He use to make me so angry then say something to make me laugh which made me angrier. I wanted to slap him sometimes.

Jacob was so sensitive. He took things pretty personally and would get hung up on people's comments. That sensitivity would sometimes turn to anger but he didn't go through with anything. He's come home crying a few times because a friend of his died. One time was in 2nd grade. A tornado killed his friend and their dad. In his 7th grade year, a friend was killed in a car accident.

I use to have to stick up for him on the school bus. Some kids kept throwing stuff at him and I, who at the time had a lot of anger issues, yelled at them "If I see one more thing hit my brother in the back of the head, one of you is gonna end up in the hospital!" While it was bad to threaten them, it got them to stop. I would've done anything to defend my brother. (I'll do anything to defend my family.)

He loved to show us vines and memes. But he would force us to sit there for an hour for the "good part".

He also had a bad habit of playing online games and not being able to pause, yet he would come to the kitchen while waiting for it load. He would make a bowl of cereal or reheat something, then get called back to the game and forget about his food..... FOR 3 OR MORE HOURS. It was so bad. That on its own became a meme in our household. "Don't pull a Jacob."

Jacob use to come into my room randomly but have nothing to talk about so he'd just sit there until I asked, "Why are you still here?" Then he'd just peace out and play video games.

Jeez, he use to come in and beg me to use one of my consoles for a week. I had to argue with him so much because a week turned in to a month most of the time.

Just Dance 3 for Wii was his jam. 'Take on Me' was his favorite song to do. He would get so into it. I wish I still had the videos of it. He got a perfect score on it almost every time. I think he could've been one of the best just dance streamers if he tried. He had so much charisma.

One day, he told me to watch a clip of him playing a game. He raged so much while playing that he threw his fist onto the desk and broke it. It was so funny because you could hear the shock in his voice when it happened.

We listened to metal and punk bands all the time. He followed everything that happened in that music area. He followed their instagrams, concerts, or new releases. Every time a new song came out, he got super excited about it and would make me listen to it.  

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200

HiddenMelon

Hilarious Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:19 pm
Hello chess!
I'm sorry for your loss of your loved one.

I think its great to remember the memories of your loved ones. I wish i could speak freely of my most recent loss of my loved one, but alias it is quite painful still.

im pretty socially awkward and not sure how to start this conversation...but we both have pets so i think i'll go with that to start..

I have 3 dogs! 2 Chihuahua mixes and 1 Aussie Shepherd. We had a corgi, but he passed away tragically..
Their names are in order, Levi,Tyson & Lucy.
Levi is our puppy. Hes Tyson's nephew. and Lucy is my aussie, shes so beautiful and great with kids.
some photos
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What kinds of anime are you watching right now? I havnt watched any in a while so recommendations would be awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:20 pm
HiddenMelon

Hello! Your dogs are adorable!
I know what you mean about being awkward in starting conversations. I wanted to make it easy for some to start one by adding all that random info about myself lol

I haven't actually given myself the time to watch new anime. I want to watch My Hero Academia, the Ancient Magus' Bride, Cute High Earth Defense Club Love, and Devilman Crybaby soon though. I want an elliptical so I can feel less guilty about dedicating hours to a show. I have to pay full attention to what I'm watching. So if I can workout while watching a show, I can also lose weight lol
From what I've seen from those 4, they're suppose to be good!
I'm also a huge fan of Haikyuu! If you enjoy feel good anime, this one is great for that.  

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:27 pm
SleighBeggyChise

If you'd like, I can send you some links to videos of people using MS Paint as their hobby program. There aren't add-ons for MS Paint but people can become very proficient in using it. There are other free programs that can be using with a mouse or tablet. Gimp, Krita, and Medibang are all free art programs that use layers, several tools and brushes that MS Paint don't have. Of course, all programs will take some time to learn and get use to. Using a mouse will always be a rough learning curve if thats what you have to use. Do you have a drawing tablet?
Or a tablet like an iPad or Samsung tablet? Medibang is available on the app stores as well and you can use your finger or a stylus to draw with.
I tend to sketch things traditionally then scan them to my iPad or computer to finish them digitally. The picture I linked before was sketched on a sticky note then scanned to my iPad and finished in ProCreate ($12 on apple store).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:53 pm
SleighBeggyChise

That looks awesome! I can't wait to see more!
I do a lot of research and follow a lot of artists on Youtube & Instagram to check out all the options to do art and explore new styles.
If you look on youtube for Draw with Jazza, he recently did a video on free art programs and rates them from a professional point of view. You can also find several speed paints done in any of the programs I mentioned and see how some people utilize them.
I scan from my epson printer to my iPad via the epson app. Its really useful since I used my iPad a computer for 6 months until I got my Mac from school.
I find it weird when artists don't share what they do for their art. Its not like someone will steal what you do just from knowing what you use.

I don't mind short or waiting for response. ^u^ I will have moments like that too. Tomorrow I leave to the panhandle (I'm from Florida lol) for a funeral on Monday so I won't be able to respond very often until Wednesday. Normally, I check Gaia about once every 2 to 3 hours, but if I'm working on a project or schoolwork then it can take longer for me to see something.  

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200

RandomUser589

Mewling Kitten

19,600 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:12 pm
Cheshire Lawliet Hearts
SleighBeggyChise

That looks awesome! I can't wait to see more!
I do a lot of research and follow a lot of artists on Youtube & Instagram to check out all the options to do art and explore new styles.
If you look on youtube for Draw with Jazza, he recently did a video on free art programs and rates them from a professional point of view. You can also find several speed paints done in any of the programs I mentioned and see how some people utilize them.
I scan from my epson printer to my iPad via the epson app. Its really useful since I used my iPad a computer for 6 months until I got my Mac from school.
I find it weird when artists don't share what they do for their art. Its not like someone will steal what you do just from knowing what you use.

I don't mind short or waiting for response. ^u^ I will have moments like that too. Tomorrow I leave to the panhandle (I'm from Florida lol) for a funeral on Monday so I won't be able to respond very often until Wednesday. Normally, I check Gaia about once every 2 to 3 hours, but if I'm working on a project or schoolwork then it can take longer for me to see something.

thanks :3 thats an actually smart idea. i use youtube more then instagram. Ill give them a try once i get a better laptop or computer for it. Thats awesome. i'm still learning how to use technology. im smart but get lazy lol. oh and that kind to help out for funeral. sorry to hear about the funeral though. same here. i have two kids so i try to stay offline to pay attention them. omg another sherlock holmes i must watch. XD elementry i think xD watvhing tv atm.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:24 pm
SleighBeggyChise

No problem! I've been on a spongebob kick for the last 2 weeks. I bought the first 5 seasons for $30 and its been non-stop spongebob everyday lol Nothing is really keeping my interest at the moment since I have to concentrate on my assignments.
Its all good. I'm mainly going to the funeral to support my mom's family as it wasn't someone I was particularly close to. My only memory of her is she put bacon with aluminum foil in her microwave then me and my cousins watched it catch fire. lol
I can't really attend the funeral because my brother was killed in a car accident back in March and I still can't handle emotional settings without having a breakdown.  

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200

RandomUser589

Mewling Kitten

19,600 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:29 am
Cheshire Lawliet Hearts
SleighBeggyChise

No problem! I've been on a spongebob kick for the last 2 weeks. I bought the first 5 seasons for $30 and its been non-stop spongebob everyday lol Nothing is really keeping my interest at the moment since I have to concentrate on my assignments.
Its all good. I'm mainly going to the funeral to support my mom's family as it wasn't someone I was particularly close to. My only memory of her is she put bacon with aluminum foil in her microwave then me and my cousins watched it catch fire. lol
I can't really attend the funeral because my brother was killed in a car accident back in March and I still can't handle emotional settings without having a breakdown.

Damn spongebob, but spongebob is amazing. xd oh how come about your assignments? is it okay? i laughed at that memory. that's funny. rofl oh still good though the support. And omg that is awful. i hope your okay. that would be emotional. you lost your sibling. I'm sorry for your lost.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:35 am
SleighBeggyChise

It was rough and it will affect me for the rest of my life but I know he would be pissed if I moped around. He supported me in everything I wanted to do so he wouldn't want me to give up now that he's gone. If anything, its even more of a reason to continue to follow my dreams, for me but for him too.
I have to concentrate on my assignments because I'm a game art student. I'm trying to get Valedictorian so I have to maintain a 4.0gpa and try to get the highest gpa of all my classmates. I also just want to try my hardest to prove myself since any job in artistic fields is competitive whether we like it or not.  

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200

RandomUser589

Mewling Kitten

19,600 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:56 am
Cheshire Lawliet Hearts
SleighBeggyChise

It was rough and it will affect me for the rest of my life but I know he would be pissed if I moped around. He supported me in everything I wanted to do so he wouldn't want me to give up now that he's gone. If anything, its even more of a reason to continue to follow my dreams, for me but for him too.
I have to concentrate on my assignments because I'm a game art student. I'm trying to get Valedictorian so I have to maintain a 4.0gpa and try to get the highest gpa of all my classmates. I also just want to try my hardest to prove myself since any job in artistic fields is competitive whether we like it or not.

yup it will. thats good you are thinking that way about him. That awesome being a game art student. And that high gpa. That impressive that you getting that high. And yeah it is. id get into more artistic drawing but i don't like art thieves lol i don't like competitiveness in my opinion because when it comes to art in my opinion it should be done with passion and taking your time. Art just doesn't grow on its own.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:18 pm
SleighBeggyChise

yup it will. thats good you are thinking that way about him. That awesome being a game art student. And that high gpa. That impressive that you getting that high. And yeah it is. id get into more artistic drawing but i don't like art thieves lol i don't like competitiveness in my opinion because when it comes to art in my opinion it should be done with passion and taking your time. Art just doesn't grow on its own.

I don't like competitive environments either but its the reality of doing anything creative for a living. There's the difference between wanting to do art as a hobby and wanting to do it for a living. I want to spend everyday working on art and not going to a job I hate. You don't even have to post your art if you want to explore and do more if you're worried about thieves.
Art thieves are always going to be an issue which is why I'll never post something I don't want someone to steal. I never post OC's, fan art, or personal ideas. I don't want people to take them and do something more with it than I can at the moment. The other way to combat them is to post low-res pictures. Most sites won't allow you to post or sell images under 300x300 pixels. Some are even 500x500 pixels now. You can't print an image that small on product, especially if it has details.
Sorry if it sounds like rants. I look into this stuff a lot and don't get to talk about it often.  

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200

RandomUser589

Mewling Kitten

19,600 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Cheshire Lawliet Hearts
SleighBeggyChise

I don't like competitive environments either but its the reality of doing anything creative for a living. There's the difference between wanting to do art as a hobby and wanting to do it for a living. I want to spend everyday working on art and not going to a job I hate. You don't even have to post your art if you want to explore and do more if you're worried about thieves.
Art thieves are always going to be an issue which is why I'll never post something I don't want someone to steal. I never post OC's, fan art, or personal ideas. I don't want people to take them and do something more with it than I can at the moment. The other way to combat them is to post low-res pictures. Most sites won't allow you to post or sell images under 300x300 pixels. Some are even 500x500 pixels now. You can't print an image that small on product, especially if it has details.
Sorry if it sounds like rants. I look into this stuff a lot and don't get to talk about it often.

No its okay. i understand i didn't see it as a rant. true true. Well that why i want to work on my own team by myself. instead of that type of enivorment i did take a certain art class and got really frustrated with it, cause i draw differently then what they where teaching and i couldn't do it. It was drawing with shapes. i can't do it, my art just comes to me naturally. honestly i just see it as some good advice i can go though and figure out myself. my friend wanted me to draw more real things instead of anime, so i did. that what i do too. atm i enjoy my job at the stadium where i work. i'm a prep cook. i think i want to incorperate my artistic skills in my food. if you ever want to vent about art stuff go ahead. i love listening and learning new things.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:41 pm
SleighBeggyChise

That's good though. At least you tried the class and decided you didn't like it. There are some people who decide they don't like it before they even try it.
I took an art class in high school and I learned I could do some realism and tested different mediums out. I hated watercolor and paints back then because I couldn't figure them out. I was too impatient. I tried out paints again recently and fell in love with them. I'd like to paint more once I get a little further into my schoolwork. At least in the degree I'm getting, we can show our own styles and improve in other areas.
Food art is always an awesome thing to see. I get sucked into watching cake and cookie videos for hours on youtube.  

Unsure Future

Shameless Dreamer

13,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Flatterer 200
[✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers