Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Etoile Housing District
1103: Ceres Calisto Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:34 pm
{Ceres Calisto's House}

Bedroom:
                                  It looks pretty small, but if she got rid of her plants, she would basically have more room for a second bed or more furniture if she wanted. So far, all Ceres has is just the bed, her dresser, and the small walk in closet that's built into the wall.
                                  User Image

Kitchen:
                                  Very spacious and big, large enough to where she could throw down in the kitchen if she wanted. BUT, since she's still afraid of the basic cooking appliances, she rarely stays in there long.
                                  User Image

Living Room:
                                  Again, filled with tons of plants, but there's still a lot more room surprisingly. The couch folds out into a second bed if she had any company to stay the night.
                                  User Image

Bathroom:
                                  PLANTS. Just lots and lots of plants. It's a medium sized bathroom with the basic tub, sink, and toilet.
                                  User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:27 am
User Image

C E R E Sxxx C A L I S T O
The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

It took a while to get from the forest and back home, but they made it! Home sweet home! The whole walk here was slightly awkward since people were giving her slightly strange looks. They weren't as bad as when she walked to the forest completely bare, but it was still strange, nevertheless. Since it was pretty sunny out, Ceres had to guide Drizyrr to her home like a service dog would to a blind person. Although he didn't seem to complain, she had made him shut his eyes as a precaution while she held his hand and gently pulled him along. Her actions always seemed to show how much she cared for others. Once the two made it to the front door, Ceres had to get on her tippy toes to grab her house key from the top of the doorway. It probably wasn't the safest place to put it, but in full honesty, the girl HATED carrying stuff. She pretty much found every way possible to not take as much stuff with her the best she could. She mainly hated carrying her things just because she was sometimes all the time a forgetful person.

As she unlocked the door, she was the first to scurry in and slightly close the blinds so that too much sun didn't get in through the windows of the living room. It was a small house, but there was still plenty of room for her own personal plants. Ceres wasn't necessarily fortunate to own a house with a big backyard for gardening, but she was still grateful to have something. Her little home was decorated with many, many plants. She had different species of different colors and sizes. The Dryad greeted a few of them while she gently ran her fingers across some of their leaves. Afterwards, she turned to Drizyrr with a smile. " Feel free to make yourself at home! I'm just going to go get clothes on. I'll be back. " Ceres to her bedroom to where she got into some green cotton shorts and a white tank top. Since she was at home, there wasn't a reason to dress all formal. She even slipped her feet into her favorite bunny slippers! When she came back out, she started to tie up her long hair into a ponytail. " Are you thirsty? I can get you some water, or make tea. Or do you prefer juice...? I also have some alcoholic drinks if you want those, too. " She wasn't used to hosting anyone at her house, so she was trying to provide as many options as possible.

☆ mood: happyxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:49 am
Cho-Cho Twain

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Night never ending
The weapons we bring are our souls
You know, You know
You know what it means to feel real
So rise up, claim the sky
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

As soon as they had emerged from the forest, he knew it was too bight for his specialized eyes. He had merely closed them at first, but that was not enough to block out the sun, and he ended up having to put his hand over them as well. Ceres had kept close enough that he could extend his free arm and find her, quickly linking arms with her so that she could guide him to her home. He was certain they would get strange looks from anyone who spotted them, partially from her strange attire, but likely mainly because he could obviously see but was being lead around as if he were blind. The light was a strange sensation in the brief moments he had seen it, it wasn't all whited out as he had expected, but rather a flaming red that seemed to burn out the very fluids of his eyes. He felt her pause and stretch up for something, heard a slight scraping sound, and then the door unlocking. So she kept her key somewhere high and not on her person. That made sense, there wasn't really anywhere she could store it with her. He waited just outside the door while she did something in the house, probably closing blinds or something to make it darker for him. Then she lead him inside and he felt sudden relief now that the sun was no longer trying to burn him. He tentatively opened his eyes. It was still very bright to him, but it was tolerable, and probably much darker than she was used to. "Thank you," he replied to her invitation. He looked around at the plants, all of them unfamiliar to him. They were surface plants, which needed light and water to grow. The plants he had grown up with were algae and mushrooms and other things that could survive in the dark. Some of his native plants had their own phosphorescence, but none of them as brightly or variously colored as what she had, or was that his vision playing tricks on him. She returned momentarily in rather curious attire. The pants and shirt looked as if most of it was missing, though there were no jagged edges to suggest any sort of disrepair, and the footwear was cutesy and looked highly impractical. "Tea would be nice, if it is not too much trouble." Though the juice had been tempting. He doubted it was true here, but in his homeland, fruit was a rare commodity as it had to be procured from the surface. Only the richest of nobles could get their hands on it, and they definitely would not have given any to him. It dawned on him that she would probably not believe he had never tasted fruit before, or sweets.

"Long was the hour for the valiant knight that would ne'er be sick or slain
Lonely the bower in the candle light with neither kith nor kin
Storm clouds over the full moon raced, as he swung to the dapple grey
And man and horse to the westward faced on the eve of an All Saints' Day.

He's laid his hand on his hunting horn and with his dying breath
Has blown a blast to the blazing morn that would rouse the angel of death
High in the cusp of the starry night he heard his grey hawk mew
As out of the misty morning light his ghostly greyhounds flew.

Waillee waillee my noble lord who wakes me from my rest
There's none can heal the wounds of time that lie bloody on your breast"

Funds: $0
      Relationship: Divorced
          Mood: __
              Pain: ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎ ☺︎

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:43 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

" Alright! Tea it is. " Ceres replied as she made her way into the kitchen. Similar to the living room, the kitchen also had plants, but these were mainly small cacti or succulents. As she prepared some tea, she hummed softly while she rummaged through the pantry for tea bags. Most of the teas that she had were fruit infused, but she just assumed that Drizyrr wouldn't mind. Now for the hard part - boiling water. The Dryad always seemed to have a hard time when it came to the oven, stove, and even the small toaster. She had always been really weary of fire, and knowing herself, she knew that one day she was bound to start a kitchen fire. She had a regular kettle that went on the stove, but she pretty much avoided it and went straight to her electric kettle. When she had went to the store, the sales associate recommended it to her and she's been hooked every since. For starters, it took less time to boil than if she were to sit and wait for it to boil on the stove, plus it involved no fire! Safe and efficient!

While she waited for the water to boil up, Ceres placed one tea bag in each of their cups and decided to prepare some snacks along with the tea. She had placed a couple shortbread cookies, macarons, and some fruit onto two plates and set them aside on a tray. " I know I said no more sweets...but this will be my LAST day! I swear it to myself! " Although she declared it to herself that she would cut out sweets for weight loss, deep down she knew that the promise would be forgotten within the next 24 hours. Hell, maybe even less! Once the water was done, she carefully poured the hot water into each of their cups and almost instantly, the tea bags started to steep. The clear water gradually turned into a dark purple color, and as soon as the steeping was done, she pulled the tea bags out and threw them into the trash. " Tea's done! I wasn't sure which one you'd like, but this one is green tea with some mixed berries. That's why it's purple! Oh, and some sweets, too... " Ceres said that last part almost under her breath as if she was trying to hide the fact that she pledged to not eat sweet for a long while. We all knew she'd break down easily.

☆ mood: happyxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He looked around her home, or at least what portions of it he had been invited into. It was quaint and had its fair share of plants, but he wondered what it really looked like, what his eyes would perceive, but it was much too light for it now. He sort of glanced about in the kitchen, noting more of the same general aesthetic, though a seemingly different aesthetic with the plants. He did not stay to watch her deliberate over the normal kettle or the electric one. For that matter, the electric one was beyond his understanding, and she would have had to have explained it to him. Not that he was dumb, but who needed electric lights when one had faerie fire or most of the other modern contrivances when magic could do about the same in a shorter amount of time? The smell of the tea began wafting through the air, and his stomach let out its complaint once more, to the same general silent cursing and shushing.

When she mentioned what sort of tea it was, his eyes almost glistened. And then she mentioned sweets with it and it was as if he had been knocked unconscious and lay dreaming. He took the tea eagerly and cradled it in his hands, lapping up the fruity aroma.
"How did you know I had never had fruit before? Or sweets, for that matter?" He was like a kid in a candy shop, sipping gingerly at the tea, expertly discerning the normal tea flavor from this exotic berry flavor. It was tart and sweet at the same time in a way he could not explain. He almost didn't even notice the little rectangles or circles, he was too entranced by the things that came in different sizes and colors that he assumed had to be fruit based upon their juicy nature. He picked up something with whitish flesh cut into a long triangle, and a red curved base. He bit into it tentatively, not sure what to expect from this strange food. The whole piece offered some resistance, but not overly much, and the taste was so sweet it almost made him sick. So this is what the most elite of the nobility had only ever tasted samples of? It was highly addicting. After he had tried a piece of everything, he finally managed to rein his curiosity in enough to think about other things. "If I may ask, why do you maintain your human form now? There is no one here but you and I, and I am rather familiar with your true form. Of course if it is none of my business, I apologize."

Mood: Blissful

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:02 am
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

As Ceres sat down to indulge in some sweets and tea, she froze once she heard how he never had sweets. That was pretty much crazy talk to her. " You haven't had sweets or FRUIT before?! Your world really was cruel... " Just hearing that was enough to make the Dryad sad. She didn't know what she would do if she were to never have sweets, or even fruit for that matter! They were the simple joys of life that she loved - and will continue to love for as long as sweets are around! Afterwards, she watched as he took his first bite of his first fruit. It was kind of like she was watching a baby take its first steps - a wonderful moment! " Well now that you've had some, what do you think? Now that you're in this world, you can buy a bunch, and sometimes for cheap, too! " She was pleased to share new things with people. It was kind of like a learning experience for the two of them! Anyways, when Drizyrr asked why she wasn't in her Dryad form, Ceres rubbed the back of her neck, and chuckled as if she was embarrassed. She didn't mind that he had asked, though. It was just embarrassing to think about since her stubbornness was what got her too stuck. " It's just hard to get through these doorways when my branches get me stuck. I've tried forcing my way through, but the last time I got so stuck that I had to call the police to help me out... Oh! The police are kind of like...um...royal guards, I suppose? I think that's the best way to explain them. "

☆ mood: amused / embarassedxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:45 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He shrugged when she declared his world must have been cruel in order for him to never have had fruit or sweets before. "Maybe for the sweets part, but if you think on the fruit, it should be self-evident to one who knows so much about plants. I was from a cavern miles below the surface, with some artificial lighting to be sure, but not much. It was always fairly damp and dark there, so very few plants could actually survive, mainly mushrooms. We didn't have trade agreements either, and few ever went to the surface, so there was just no way we could acquire such things in quantity." He ate several more pieces of fruit, all in all feeling very greedy, but it was a delicacy to him and he didn't know when he would ever see it again. Her comment that it was abundant put him in his place. He had to quickly swallow before answering, "it is very good. Highly addicting. Though I doubt I could eat very much, it is so sweet, sweeter than anything I've ever had before. Except these," he said, pointing to an orange slice, "those are tart enough that I could eat many of them. And you say all of this is abundant? And cheap? I don't have money quite yet, but once I do, I will be buying a lot of this." He didn't even think of the implications of mentioning that he didn't have money. Where he was from, nobody would really have cared, most of the commoners were broke. He was actually rather surprised about her answer as to why she maintained this form in the house, he hadn't really been expecting something wholly practical. "I should probably have thought of that. Would you not prefer to alter the house so that you could move about freely? I confess I cannot switch shapes, but I would have thought the natural one would be most pref-" he started, looking towards the other end of her home. There was another drow here, yet she had said they were rare. As he took a closer look, he realized the furniture and surroundings were the same around this other drow and him, that and the fact that the other moved the same as him suggested it was a reflection. But how could a reflecting pool levitate against a wall? He went over to look at the foreign object, absolutely entranced. He studied it, trying to figure out what sort of magic powered it. "What sort of magic powers this device? I had only heard legends of them, how came you to possess one?" He was of course looking at a mirror, but to him it was something magnificent.

Mood: Fascinated

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:20 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

After Drizyrr pointed out the obvious fact that most plants needed the sun to survive, something that irritated the Drows, the flustered Dryad had blushed before clearing her throat slightly. " I...I knew that! Yeah...I totally knew that... " She tried to sound confident and convincing, but her stuttering definitely wasn't showing off how much she knew about plants. She knew she was an air-head, and even when trying to hide that fact only made her look more ridiculous. Ceres just hoped that he wouldn't tease her on that note. Her flustered face had died down once he had asked her about altering the house. That was only something she could dream of! " See, I tried manipulating the wood in the house, but as it turns out, I can't really manipulate wood...that's dead... " The entire thought of living in a house made from tree corpses was disturbing to the Dryad, but she really tried not to think about it at all. She couldn't just live out in the woods. I mean, she probably could, but that would've meant that she couldn't be out and about in public. There was no where to put her human clothes without them getting dirty from nature, or stolen if some bandits came about! " A-Anyways! If I want to make renovations to my house, I'd have to hire a person to do that and when you combine the price of the lumber with the added labor fee...it just gets waaaay too expensive... Plus, I would have to find somewhere to stay until the work gets done, and I don't really have a lot of friends...or any friends for that matter to ask to stay a while... It'll just be a mess. " Ceres sighed sadly with a slight pout. Until she found enough money to either make renovations or move into a bigger home, she'd be stuck in her human form for a while.

She listened to Drizyrr for a moment until he cut himself off. What was the matter? When he got up to get a closer look, she realized he was confused by the mirror! She did her best not to snicker at him too much. She didn't want to make fun of him, but it was just too priceless! She thought it was cute the way he studied the object so thoroughly. " I apologize for laughing, but this isn't magic. " Ceres tapped on the mirror to make a point. " It's just simple glass. A mirror is what the humans call it. Ohh! Wait right here! I have something better to show you! " Excited, the Dryad ran off to her bedroom once more to retrieve her cellphone. She had it in the nightstand for safe keeping. When she came back, Ceres sat right next to Drizyrr and scooted in close. She had the camera setting on her phone on with the front camera lens and grinned brightly. " Say cheese~ " Afterwards, she snapped the photo of the two of them and showed it to the Drow. " This is a cellphone. You can talk to someone on this, take photos, and a whole bunch of other neat stuff, too! " This was her first cellphone. She had gotten it at the beginning of the year since she saw almost everyone have one. I guess she grew envious and decided to invest in one! Well, actually two.. She thought she would get a second one just in case she lost the first one. Luckily for her, she hadn't lost it yet. To be honest, however, she didn't really need one. She had no one to talk to on the phone, so it was pretty much used as a camera, and occasionally an alarm clock from time to time. " I have another one if you want to try it out for yourself, too. I don't mind sharing ~ "

☆ mood: amused / embarassedxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He had sort of missed most of the early conversation, as he stared intently at the mirror, trying to unlock its secrets. Even when she explained that it was mundane and made of glass, it seemed all the more perplexing to him. No one he knew had such an opulent fixture. He had heard tale of them, of course, but never thought he would actually see one. And why would they have one in his homeland? Mirrors operated using the visible spectrum of light, which was not very common so far down in a cave. They relied upon different waves of vision, and thus in most instances, a mirror simply wouldn't work. It was simply amazing to see one so close. Yet apparently it was yet another thing that the surface-dwellers had in plentitude that his own people lacked. Speaking of lacking, his stomach gave a slight complaint. It had enjoyed the fruit, but a little bit of fruit and sweets wasn't going to make up for the fact that he hadn't eaten anything at all for a few days. He would need to find something a little more substantial at some point to fill that up.

She returned soon carrying a small box. He had seen these boxes before, they were some sort of relic that noble and commoner alike possessed. Even better, it seemed to have many dweomers that the surface-dwellers were quite keen on using. She held the box out before them, and a moment later an image of them appeared upon its opaque surface.
"So it is like a noble's insignia. A small object which contains multiple magical effects that can be used at will by the possessor. Though given the various buttons I see upon the surface, I assume you have to know codes and such, rather than speaking the incantation or willing the effect into being?" To anyone listening in, he probably sounded crazy, but he was from a world in which technology was practically medieval, but magic was commonplace. Muskets would have been a marvel, but cities were lit using magic columns and tiny fire balls all of the time. "Maybe I ought not to try it, I have no talent for magic, and I get the strong feeling I am far behind the learning curve in this era." Which was aggravating to be sure. He was no longer a young man, even if his features did not yet suggest much of this. He had long since passed his prime of learning new technologies, and had only wished to find peace. He would try to learn what he needed to to get by, but likely not much more than that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:14 am
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Seeing how easily amused and fascinated by simple objects Drizyrr became was actually amusing to see as well. She kind of had some sense of pride that she was teaching him some stuff, too! However, when he said he wouldn't try to use the cellphone, Ceres somewhat felt disappointed. She didn't show it too much since she didn't want to be rude. It was his choice, so she'd have to respect it! " It's not really magic... I don't think...but if you change your mind, the offer still stands. " The Dryad said with a smile. After hearing Drizyrr's stomach growl once again, she looked a bit surprised. Maybe the tea snacks wasn't enough for his grumbling stomach. Almost immediately, she went into the kitchen to rummage through her fridge. Although the woman did eat meat from time to time, mainly everything in her fridge was fruits and vegetables. She did have some meats in her freezer, but it would be too long to wait for it to defrost, and using the over or stove was just out of the question! She wasn't quite brave enough to do that yet. BUT, she did have some leftovers from an Asian restaurant! It was just some white rice and orange chicken, but that should be enough for him, right? Problem was, she couldn't just give it to him cold. With a loud gulp, her eyes glanced over to the microwave. It wasn't as scary as the oven or stove, but it was still scary nonetheless...Ceres transferred the leftovers from the Styrofoam container and onto a microwaveable plate. As she stood in front of the machine, she had to mentally prepare herself and tried to calm down her phobia of heating kitchen appliances. She popped open the front door of the microwave and placed the plate into it. After closing the door, her hand almost seemed to shake and tremble from anxiety as she timed the object to heat the food for 2 minutes. Once it started making it's usual noise, Ceres squealed and ran for cover. It was a ridiculous fear to have on a microwave, but she felt she was right to be scared! If anything went wrong, then she automatically thought fire. That's it, just straight fire! The Dryad hid under the kitchen table until the microwave started beeping, signalling that it was done. Almost like a cautious cat, Ceres literally crawled on the floor over to the microwave to see that the food was perfectly heated up, and nothing was on fire! With a loud sigh of relief, she took the plate and grabbed a fork and brought it over to Drizyrr so he could finally eat a real meal.

☆ mood: disappointed / nervousxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:37 am
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

She seemed disappointed that he was not eager to learn about this "cellphone" object, and he silently cursed himself for being so rude. It just seemed a might advanced for him to be starting with. And then she had departed for the kitchen again, and he had proven a poor guest yet again. How she had patience for him, he could not particularly understand. He followed her into the kitchen, where she seemed to be facing quite the conundrum. He wasn't really sure what it was about, but as he watched her, it seemed she had some hesitations towards the cooking appliances. He did have an a house as well, and he had experimented enough to know what those appliances did, though he was not very masterful with them as of yet. "I apologize for being such a demanding guest. Or at least my stomach is. It knows better, but it seems to think it is entitled to anything just because I haven't eaten anything since the healer dismissed me. That was only three days ago, I've done longer than that many times and have been none the worse for wear." It would have been comical seeing her react to the appliances, if it weren't for the fact that she seemed to do it out of fear, and a deep rooted one at that. It sort of made sense: she was kind of a tree, and trees burned well in fire, though not terribly well if they were still living. For that matter, this home must have been creepy to her, being constructed of dead quasi-relatives. "Pardon the intrusion, but it would seem you have a phobia of fire. I don't like to see you under such duress. Do you think it would help if you practiced with a fire that produced no heat and did not burn? It's completely harmless really, only used to create light." He wouldn't bring it up unless she said she wanted to try getting comfortable around such a benign flame. At least it would be something he could do to give back to her, after she had been so kind thus far. He accepted the plate with ill-concealed glee. This particular dish was something he had never encountered before, but he had seen rice before, and after trying the strange orange-coated meat, he recognized it to be chicken, which he had encountered as well, though not very often. "I thank you for this, it is very much appreciated and needed."

Mood: Concerned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:42 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

After her "fierce battle" with the microwave, she heard Drizyrr apologize for being such a needy guest. To that, Ceres simply chuckled and shook her head. " Oh, no, it's completely fine! I actually enjoy taking care of others, so I don't mind if your stomach gets a little needy. Besides if I haven't eaten in 3 days, I would've been ravenous by now! " Over the centuries, she had been used to taking care of others whether it be others of her own kind, plants, animals or humans. She had some kind of natural care-taker instinct that some Dryads didn't possess. But in fair honesty, Ceres was also just a natural door-mat. She had been used in the past plenty of times, too. After so long, you'd think she would be cautious of other people's intentions, but some could say that she hasn't learned her lesson yet. She watched him eat until he mentioned something about practicing with heat-less fire. Was there even such a thing? Ceres had tilted her head to the side like a curious dog. " A fire that doesn't burn or heat up? ...like will o'-the-wisps? " She didn't know if will o'-the-wisps were a good comparison, but that was the only thing that came across her mind. Ceres stood there, deep in thought, as she tried to think up of more things he could possibly be talking about. " If it's something harmless, then I don't see why not try to get over my phobia... It's a baby step, I suppose. "

☆ mood: curiousxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:59 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He watched and listened attentively, but he hadn't yet taken a break from his food. He was a soldier by birth, trade, and persuasion, and if you couldn't eat fast while on a march, you had no purpose in eating. He entirely believed she would have been ravenous as well, that sort of figure didn't come from binging...and there he was again, distracted by her looks. "Well, I may not be very used to being cared for by others, but I definitely know how to be appreciative, and if there is anything you need, hesitate not to ask." When she acquiesced to trying the harmless flame, he put down his now empty plate, and with practically no effort at all produced a small purple-black flame in the palm of his hand. He let it linger for a bit, then poked at the middle of the flame with one of his shortened fingers. They began to glow in an eery light, but nothing else. He gently blew the finger out after a while, tired of having two glowing hands. "We call it faerie fire. It's something drow can create, even those of us with no magical talent. We use it to light up pillars or other stuff dramatically as it has a curious color, and it doesn't harm whatever it is resting upon. Do as you will with it. I won't make it come any closer to you." Even though it had been in his hand for several minutes now, he showed no distress nor did his hand seem damaged in any way at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:17 pm
User Image

The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

As Drizyrr brought up the faerie fire in his palm, Ceres was definitely cautious. Of course, she wanted to trust what he said about the flame being harmless, but her home tree that was fused with her was telling her not to risk it. With such conflicting thoughts, she just decided to get over this fear she had. It was only holding her back! Although she was nervous, she was willing to give it a try. With her eyes shut closed, she quickly brought her hand into the flame and waited. Her guts were telling that she was definitely going to die. Fire was just a one way ticket to death, but as she slowly opened her eyes, she was really surprised to see that her hand wasn't burned. Her eyes widened and glowed like an excited child as she took her hand out and watched as the little flame dance around her finger tips. The girl was very speechless as she stuck in her hand back in the flame again to see if she was actually experiencing it. No pain! No burns! No instant death! She really couldn't believe that she was actually playing with faerie fire! It was a baby step for sure, but this was a really big milestone in her life. Ceres grinned brightly before she ran up to Drizyrr and hugged him tight. " Thank you, thank you, thank you..! " The Dryad squealed with glee as she gave him one last little squeeze before going back to play with the little flame. " I think I can definitely overcome my fear of fire with your help~ This is simply fascinating! "

☆ mood: curious / excitedxxx☆ company: Drizyrrxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:34 pm
Cho-Cho Twain

"Night never ending
You know, You know
We fight, We fight
Night never ending.”

Drizyrr Zaulyl

He watched with patient interest as she shied away from the fire at first. He understood the conflict: he was actively showing her there was no reason to fear, yet every instinct told her to run. He could see the resolve forming though, see her gather up her courage and determination to finally get rid of her phobia. He smiled as she stuck her hand into the flame, making sure to remain perfectly still so as not to spook her. A little of it left his hand to play on hers, an innocent enough flame, though she would need to extinguish it herself, as it generally lasted twenty-four hours. It was like watching a child learn how to cast its first spell, watching her realize that the flame truly meant her no harm. He was shocked to see her submerge her hand once more into it. "See, nothing to worry-" she cut him off as she quickly hugged him. He jumped once again, his body tensing in anticipation of an attack, but he forced himself to calm down. He wasn't exactly relaxed, but he wasn't tense either. "It is the least I can do, after how kind you have been to me." And then she hugged him again and his body tensed once more, though was easier to calm down. "Small steps are definitely best. Being forced to get over your fears in one moment, doesn't really work." He looked around and found a candle that had never been lit. He haphazardly dropped the faerie fire into it, just so he would have his hands free. The wick stayed its natural white color.

☼ Etoile Housing District

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers