A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Gaias advertising gc buy only items too much

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
FtWaBoMiNaTiOn rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-8)

FtWaBoMiNaTiOn

Quotable Sophomore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 am
Ive been gone from Gaia for two or more years and just returned yesterday and the first thing I noticed "and its because its the only notifications Ive gotten since my return" is that Gaia is really shoving their new items via tempting advertising through repeated notifications. Two years ago Gaia wasn't so money hungry and before that gaia cash didn't exist so what I'm getting at is gaia was not so greedy and was less "let's get as much rl money from our users" and now it seems like gaia is just turning into a freemium play to win game only wanting to get money instead of the good days when rl money here ment nothing. Disagree or agree chat it up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:57 pm
The cash grab started a few years back when management switched hands and Lanzer stepped down for whatever reason. I didn't really pay any attention at the time because I didn't think it mattered, but the new management found out that the users were willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for pixels and made the push to milk it for all its worth.

Lanzer recently came back and one of the early announcements that he made was that he would be working to reduce the amount of notifications but for unspecified reasons, he couldn't eliminate them just yet. My theory is that Gaia is under contract with the artists and such in charge of making new items and announcements or whatever, but I haven't closely followed all the politics and drama of what's going on behind the scenes so that theory is just pulled straight out of my a**.

I don't know if they still plan on getting rid of the cash grab or not. They at least started handing out a lot of free cash via clicking on the banners on the home page that have a little candy icon in the top right corner.

They also give out a lot more free items than they used to, I guess as a way to try to make up for it. I would still rather they went back to releasing new items at a slower rate and have maybe one or two announcements a week that actually mean something rather than the same announcements every day trying to get you to buy s**t.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Gaian Geezers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces