Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Welcome back Home (Monath, Zenobiath, and riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 am
Monath was laying on her ledge, looking irritable as her currently red eyes were on the sky above her head. For one thing, she still hadn't risen yet, but that was her own choice. She didn't want to take to the sky until her beloved Demanthra could be happy as well. So despite a few of her sisters rising, she waited, which was not easy for her. Secondly, because of not just one gold flight..but two of them, a gold who meant the world to her had to be away. She hadn't realized how hard it was to have the other away for a bit until just now. So now she had her eyes peeled for a familiar flash of gold who would be accompanied by a bronze who the green greatly respected.

Patience, my dear, they will be home before you know it. Just hang in there a little longer and you can greet them,Demanthra thought to her green.

I am trying, but it feels like forever, DemanthraMine. Why must this take so long?Monath whined in her rider's mind. She felt a swell of love covering her, letting her know it would be alright.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:25 am
Dea and #Teddy#

Two flights...two golden Queens. Her hearts were glad for Fianth, hopeful for the Gold's success, and Rhianth...Well. She would see how that went. Nonetheless, they were coming home after the flights were over, when it was safe for Zenobiath to return. Alumet was content, smiling to herself over the days spent with C'ryn, the company she'd been able to keep and the understanding between them. Her Gold chuckled beneath her as they flashed Between, and back in to the air above the weyr. Spreading her wings wider, Zenobiath took a moment to circle, enjoying the warmth of the sun on her dark hide, before slowly flying down to her ledge. Alumet sliding off was easy, and the Gold was quick to move to the edge, letting herself sun. It was delightful to feel her own weyrledge beneath her again, delightful and comfortable.

To a golden hide, Alumet began to attend to taking care of her beloved. Straps off, a gentle oiling, and Zenobiath crooned happily, leaning a large wedge head down for appropriate scratchings of the eye ridge. The two were content in their place, far more confident now than they'd once been. Alumet was settling in to her own, as Zenobiath had been this entire time. So wrapped in each other were they that they did not know there were eyes upon their arrival.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:00 am
Monath had seen as soon as the gold she had been looking for returned, a trumpet of joy coming from her. Her red eyes turned blue and she got to her feet immediately, before going to poke her head into the weyr.

Mine, hurry, we need to head over to my sister's and Her's right now. Grab my straps and get me into them, don't dawdle,Monath instructed to her rider.

"Alright, alright, I am coming. Hold your herdbeasts, I know you want to go see her. I had your things ready for as soon as you began complaining,"Demanthra replied with a laugh. She came outside and began to buckle her green into her straps, before making sure they were all on properly. It wasn't easy to do when her beloved was hopping from claw to claw. However, she managed and climbed up, before Monath had her wings extended. The green wasted no time in launching herself into the air and heading straight for Alumet's Weyr.

It didn't take long before Monath was circling overhead, sending a warm bugle to her sister below. Then she gracefully landed on the weyr, careful not to run into Alumet.

Zenobiath, I have missed you sooo much. It felt like you were away forever,Monath thought to the gold.

"Sorry, Alumet, Monath insisted on coming as soon as we saw you guys get home. She hasn't allowed me a moment's peace since you left,"Demanthra apologized to her fellow rider and friend.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:39 am
Dea and #Teddy#

It was the sound of the little green that got her attention. A golden head raised, and she answered Monath's call with her own sweet bugle, moving her nose to gently nudge the Green as she moved to the ledge. A wing mantled a bit closer to touch Monath's own, her whirling green-blue eyes studying a pale hide. It was like the gold was taking in everything, making sure that the other was in one piece, whole and hale. No injuries, good, and seemingly happy. It pleased Zenobiath greatly. Shifting to accomodate the smaller, the Queen found herself realizing the size difference between them. Her 47' bulk might well be lithe and elegant, noble as they came, but it did not mean that she was wholly used to it all. My beloved Monath, dearest, to worry so. When my Golden sisters Rise, I must go, to allow them to shine in all their resplendent glory. It is hardly something to worry over, though you are sweet to do so. Came the sweet purr, her voice dulcet and kind. Monath had always held a special place in her hearts, and while Zenobiath was particular about how things COULD be, she ratther enjoyed the company of the other, You welcome is dearly appreciated though, precious Monath. I am glad to be home, and upon my own weyrledge. Mine and I took our respite a few Holds away. Her nose pressed to the other, nuzzling a pake hide.

Alumet was bemused at the feelings from Zenobiath, content with the feelings of peace and joy from her beloved. The young Queen was terribly happy to spend time with one of her siblings, and her most precious sister especially. The two had been close since they'd shelled, after all, "It is alright, Demanthra. Zenobiath is always glad to see her siblings, and has always had such a place in her hearts for Monath. With not being home for a bit, she's content to be on her ledge with someone else. I think she was antsy by the time we left." A hand gently touched the other girl's shoulder, she moving to sit, looking over the papers that were here for her to look over. She was just another Queen rider, but she did have responsibilities to attend, "How have things been in my absence? Were you well during the Flights?" TWO Goldflights in such a short time. It must have been Threadfall.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:11 am
Monath's hearts leapt in her chest hearing her sister's sweet bugle in reply,then felt her nudge. Her own wing went to meet that of Zenobiath's, her eyes having some green mixed in with the blue now. As her sister seemed to be looking her over, she did the same. From what she could tell, the gold was in perfect condition, as beautiful as ever. As the other shifted a little, she turned her green head to her rider and gave her a pointed look.

"Don't give me that look, I am getting off. I take it you would like me to get the straps off too?"Demanthra asked, in mock annoyance. Monath nodded her head as the young woman slid down to the ground, before working on getting the straps off. Once they were off, she headed over to where Alumet was looking over some papers, to give the two dragons some time to themselves.

Oh, I know you must be away when other golds are in the air, dear sister. I just..well, I missed you while I was away. It may not have been long, but it felt forever to me. I do hope you and Your's had a good time while you are away. I was stuck on my ledge most of it, since Demanthra had to stay in our Weyr,Monath answered, nuzzling her sister affectionately. It still took her by surprise how her sister towered over her now, but she didn't mind.

"Zenobiath has been very missed by her little sister, I certainly know that. The same can be said of Monath, her golden sister has always been so important to her. Kind of the way I have reined in some of her temper tantrums over the turn. Things have definitely been interesting with having two golds rise so soon after one another. My brother's bronze even entered the flight, though he will have some kissing up to do. As for me, I just hid in my weyr during both flights. How did your trip go?"she asked.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:21 am
Dea and #Teddy#

Monath was so small. Now that she was fully grown, Zenbiath was still stunned by how she dwarfed most of her kin, though it was as she should be. She was a stunning Gold, after all, from the most regal of lines. Of course she was as she should be Ah, you sound as though you were so troubled by this. It was teasing, nose bumping her sister's head as she let her wing move over her sister's own, laying across her back. It was soothing, to have another so near, especially Monath...Dearest Monath. I do feel as though the rest was needed. We had nothing to do save to spend our time as we pleased, and it was nice. Mine found herself with some new information as to a man that has his eye upon her...not that this is unusual. The dragon laughed, a deep rumble in her chest, and mind. Oh how it entertained her, C'ryn's discomfort. For her beloved, love and sex were as natural as breathing, and she herself? She understood love well, and how hearts could beat for more than one. Her own were occupied, true, by a hide that could never be hers but for her duty, but it troubled her little. Unlike the Bronzerider, the Queen understood her place in this world, and how things must be. I am not sure why emotion troubles people so. Is it not simpler to be direct and upfront about all that troubles you? Humans seem so...caught up in the whirlwind of it all.

Alumet smiled, shaking her head, "Tantrums indeed. It's been a curious time, but with Thread falling as it has been..." There was so much to look out for. Thread had been so thick...She could feel the scars on her neck and hip, throbbing in angry reminder. Thank Faranth she'd been able to avoid the worst...though the memory of the loss of one of Zenobiath's Blue brothers still stung her like a wide open wound, "I enjoyed the trip. It's strange to think others are so...reserved with emotion and with their bodies. I spent both Flights with C'ryn a ways away, and he..." She seemed confused, "He has feelings for me. I am unsure how to feel about this, for while I have feelings for him as well, I have never been the sort to....settle with someone." Not since she came of age, at least. With her looks and attitude, attention was something she cultivated like the finest wines.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:37 am
Monath made a little snort at her sister's teasing, as if she was worried. No, she knew she would come back safely, she just hated having her gone so long. Okay, so maybe it hadn't been as long as she was making it out to be, but it sure had felt that way. As Zenobiath laid her wing against her, she felt like she was being covered in a cherished blanket. In all honesty, she didn't want to move from this spot, it was perfect. As her sister spoke about their rest, she gave a nod of her head. They had been dealing with a lot, especially Zenobiath and Her's. After all, it was probably not easy to be a gold and have all that responsibility. She thought of Fianth and how she had to mate with someone other than who her heart longed for. It must not be easy, but she knew they all had a duty. Did it mean she liked it, no, but she would manage. Then she heard about a man and she tilted her head curiously.

Oh, is is someone we know? Though Mine has had her suspicions of at least one person liking Your's. Emotions are a tricky thing, sister dear, it makes people act weird. Sometimes even for dragons. Course, you know emotions is why I haven't risen myself yet, right?Monath asked. Well, that and two golden flights, she wasn't stupid enough to compete with that. No, when she rose, she wanted to have all eyes on her when it happened.

"No, Thread has not been easy since it began, has it? I know first hand it is not something to be trifled with, things can change in the blink of an eye. And to be honest, I had suspected C'ryn liked you. I didn't say anything to you because I figured he would finally tell you himself. Seems I was right in that thought. Well, can you picture yourself settling down at all, now that you know his feelings?"Demanthra questioned gently.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:53 am
Dea and #Teddy#

There was a quiet creel of amusement, Are your hearts so at odds with what you desire, sister mine? Rising is something we are born to do, written in to our very beings. For her beloved's sake, she neglected to answer the question about whose emotions were entangled about her Rider. Those things...ah, they were private, and the Queen wouldn't share unless her dearest hearts gave her permission. There was a moment's confusion over Monath though. Why was the little Green holding from Rising? Such urges were natural, and came when they did. Holding off could make one irritable, or so she'd been told. One day, she herself would rise, and emotions or not, she would rise with pride the day she felt the urges, Why would you trouble yourself so, my dearest Monath? Such unnecessary trouble.

That got a shake of her head, fingers combing pale blonde hair out from its braid, "Thread's been....a struggle indeed. With our loss, and with the injuries sustained, I almost thought I wouldn't be able to find myself caught up as I was." Yet here she was now, brow wrinkled in thought at Demanthra's question. Could she see herself settled? With C'ryn? No. Not at all, "Shards and shells, no. I could hardly bring myself to do such a thing. I ride a Gold...Settling down with the way our Flights will go, it makes no sense. I've never found myself drawn to the idea of settling. Wouldn't it be better that I keep myself open to more?" Perhaps she was using the other as a sounding board for her own anxiety, but...well, "After all, there's K'ienn..." Who she did rather like...but wasn't so sure of, and one or two other faces around the weyr, "And a few others...my heart has never been content to settle on one person."  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:07 am
I will admit that my own hearts have more than one thing in mind, but that isn't exactly the reason I am holding off with my flight. I would have been the first one to rise, since I do so love to fly. However, Mine's heart needs to be fully into it when I do. I know it is troubled right now, waiting for the one she loves to get wise. I cannot rise until she is as happy as I will be..well, least I will be somewhat happy,Monath answered. Truth be told, her hearts were on someone, but one she knew she could not expect to love her back..at least not fully. Not only that, but she really did feel like her hearts were split on love herself.

"Just because you ride a gold doesn't mean you can't settle, Alumet. Every gold rider in High Reaches is as different as the moon is from the sun. Weyrwoman Zheria likes to play with men, seeing what she can get out of them. Weyrwoman Second Olliah is a gentle thing and I feel would only have one love..if she ever found him or her. I don't know if anyone went to her during Fianth's flight. I am sure it can be a challenge, but it can be done. If your heart is leading you to someone special, I wouldn't let that slip away. However, you also have to do what is best for you. If you don't mind my asking, but what about settling makes you so nervous?"Demanthra inquired lightly.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:03 pm
Dea and #Teddy#

Her nose gently touched her green sister's hide, wing pulling the other closer. Her beloved Monath, her sister, Something tells me that you trouble yourself more than you should, beloved. Her dulcet voice created a croon, soft and kind, while her love wrapped around her sister like a blanket, full and real, And that there is something that you are keeping from me. I have to wonder what troubles you so that you dart around it as you do. Tell me, Monath, for I will always listen.

Alumet's laughter was hollow, her fingers throwing a few strands of hair over her shoulder. Ah, how little Demanthra understood, or perhaps it was her own bitterness, fear, and confusion. She was, after all, not made to be with just one. Her heart might not stray or wander, but she.....She could not see her heart belonging to someone, "....I don't think it is. I don't think I have the heart to be with ONE person for the rest of my life. The idea seems so....silly. Shards and shells, what if the person is absolutely useless? What if they only find themselves attached to me for their own fun and games? What if....Faranth's name, there's no guarantees with people." Her hand moved to tangle in the pale strands, her heart hurting. The nights with C'ryn had brought a lot of anxiety to the fore, "People are not always good, Demanthra...I've seen that first hand, and what starts good does not always stay that way." Her tone was dark, distant....Something from the past tainting her present.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:56 pm
Monath mentally smiled as she felt her sister pull her closer, gently reaching up to nuzzle the side of her. Hearing the words of the others, she wondered had she really been that obvious. Though, she supposed Zeno had always been able to read her pretty well. That was why her sister had been so good about being able to calm her down during their hatching. She looked over to her rider for a moment, before nestling closer to her sister. Her mind was trying to come up with the best way to answer the inquiry of the other. She wondered if she should just keep it to herself, but knew her beloved gold would know if she did.

As usual, sister dear, you know me better than all but my rider. You see, part of me loves guys, wants to find the perfect one when I rise soon. The other part of me loves a very special lady, but knows that she may not feel the same or can't,Monath replied.

Demanthra could tell something was bothering the other, though she wasn't sure what. She listened, however, as the other said she couldn't picture herself with just one person. It seemed she had a lot of concerns, thinking that she would be hurt. She knew not all people were good, but felt enough were to give them a chance.

"Nothing in life is guaranteed and anything can happen between then and now. However, I have seen enough good in the world to give up on being in love. I have someone I care deeply for, but I am waiting for him to be ready. And knowing C'ryn, I cannot believe he would do that. I think your heart would be safe in his hands, if you took that leap. Though, only you can decide what is best, Alumet. I can see talking about this hurts,"Demanthra spoke softly. She had been lucky to have parents who were madly in love with each other. Her examples of love were mostly strong, so she always had hope for her family and friends.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:02 am
Dea and #Teddy#

The Gold found herself watching the smaller Green with whirling eyes, shifting idly between blue and violet as she listened to her woes. As Monath deigned to tuck herself closer still, the large wing pulled her in like a weighted down blanket, gently soothing the smaller female. A golden nose rested only a moment between emerald headknobs, before her gaze turned up to the sky, watching the movement of the heavens. Ah. If her understanding was correct, she knew well exactly what Monath was getting at, and she'd known for some time. Zenobiath's hearts were always terribly guarded. When she eventually rose, there would be inherent dangers. Her choice would be carefully made, for her clutch would be important to Pern. Her children. She did not choose who shared her ledge for love, but for duty...though love was nice. She was not so priviledged as perhaps golden Fianth. Looking back to Monath after a moment, she let her mind drift over the other's, a soothing wave of affection there.

Perhaps she does feel much the same, beloved sister mine, but knows well that her hearts can not be given. Perhaps, while she loves, she can not love the way you wish her to. I would encourage you to still find that perfect one for you...but know that the lady for whom your hearts pine does love you...in her own way. In the only way she was able. For Zenobiath did LOVE Monath, much as she loved Aresoth. The pair were so special to her.

Alumet felt her heart skip a bit, guilt marking her face as she looked down at her lap. She could barely remember her own father, but she'd heard the stories from her brother. An awful man, who'd been horrid to her mother. Love, she knew from him, from her mother and sister. She knew from the weyr, and goldflights. She knew from the creche, and warm nights spent in the embraces of other children, "...I guess I just don't trust as easily as I fall in physically with people...but we'll see how it goes." A small smile flicked her lips, "Sorry.....I know it's gotta be weird, me rambling on like this."  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:59 am
As Monath felt Zenobiath's wing pull her closer, she was feeling a bit calmer at the gesture. The golden dragon had always known how to comfort her sister, letting her know everything would be alright. Her own eyes whirled between gentle blue and purple, feeling the brief touch between her headknobs. The green was quiet as her sister looked up at the sky, her own mind thinking on if she had been right to tell Zenobiath of her own troubles. She could have just chalked her delay in rising up to her rider, but knew that wouldn't have been fair. She just felt like she wanted more than just one love, was that silly? No, she had seen some of her family find more than one themselves.

As she was lost in her thoughts, she felt the mind of her sister, a wave of affection coming down on her like a gentle warmth. She listened to her sister's words, now knowing that her feelings were returned, at least as best as Zeno could. She knew the other could not give her everything, but just knowing she did, was what she needed to hear. Normally, she would have asked how Zeno knew, cause she sensed she could, but this was her closest clutchsib.

That is all I needed to know, dearest sister. I know you have your duty and I would never stand in your way. However, even when I find the right boy dragon, I will always be happy to sit with you. Both of you will always have my hearts. And when you rise yourself, I will watch with pride and love,Monath told her fondly, no longer skirting around it. She sent love to her sister's mind, letting her know she would always be her biggest fan..well, maybe other than Aresoth who Monath knew loved Zeno as well.

Demanthra gave her friend a gentle, reassuring smile, to let her know she didn't mind at all.

"You are perfectly fine, you can ramble to me whenever you want. Considering how close our dragons are, my weyr is always open to you. And just remember, just do what works for your heart. There are some of our group who did fall for more than one, "Demanthra assured. Alumet was a friend of her's, so she would always be glad to listen whenever the other wanted. She honestly wished she could be more strong in herself, like her friend was.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff