Keantha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 pm
Name: T'kin
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Weyr: Western Weyr
Rider Rank: Search rider
Previous Rank/Craft: Journeyman Harper
Physical Description: T'kin is a tall, husky man standing at almost 6'6" an easy match for his large bronze. Despite his age, his dark hair is already mostly silver, like his father's before him, making him look much older than his birth age. The lines around his eyes and mouth from smiling don't help that.
Personality: T'kin is very much a people person, he loves to play for crowds and to show off his skills. He loves nothing more than to show the people around him a good time however, he also tends to assume they are only having a good time because he's there. He always wants to be where the people are and having a good time.

On the downside, T'kin is very much about his appearance. His clothes are always perfect and highly stylish. Despite his already graying hair, he makes sure it's perfectly styled. He makes -sure- people notice him coming and going. Anyone who doesn't isn't worth his time and efforts.

Once T'kin has set a goal in mind nothing will stand in his way of reaching it. Prior to becoming a rider, he worked night and day to try and become the younger journeyman under his master's teaching. He tends to have tunnel vision when it comes to his goals letting everything else fall to the wayside until he has obtained whatever he was working towards. The only exception to this is Creenth as nothing can snap him out of a rut faster than the bronze wanting him.

Positive Trait List Confident, Extrovert, Hardworking
Negative Trait List Vain, Arrogant, Obsessive
History: The only son of a courtesan and a Harper, T'kin grew up in a home filled with music and dance. His first steps were toddling after his father while Ceren danced and his mother Ladeenya played her harp. He had expected to follow in Ladeenya's footsteps, apprenticing to his mother's own master since he was often with her to lessons anyway.

When a searchrider approached Takin, he almost refused. What could the life at a weyr give him when he might just be the youngest journeyman his master ever had? But watching the beautiful bronze dragon and the way people flocked to the rider changed his mind. He wanted that kind of attention, that kind of glory.

Life at the weyr was a HUGE adjustment for him, going from being someone everyone looked at, to just another candidate. He questioned his choices a few times but the first time he saw Creenth, everything was suddenly worth all the stress.

When thread returned, T'kin decided then and there he was going to become a wingleader, it was time to get the glory he always knew he was born for.

Other: T'kin's silvering hair is a genetic fluke just like his father who was completely silver by 20 turns.

DRAGON
Name: Creenth
Color: Bronze
Size: 45'
Physical Description: T'kin loves to call Cree his copper luck for the dark but shiny hide of his dragon. Gold markings swirl around Creenth's neck and down his spine, and onto his tail making him striking to look at.
Personality: Relaxed and laid back, Creenth is a good foil for his sometimes egotistical rider. He never lets little things bother him but once his temper is up watch out! He can be meaner than a snake and just as likely to strike! Still with a proper apology Creenth is always willing to let things go a fact that drives T'kin mad.
Dragon Art or Proof of Obtainment: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:25 pm

So, there are a few things I need to go over here. 1) We have a rule against making face claims. If you want to link artists to that image privately for references, that's fine, but we discourage playbys here. 2) Talented is not a personality trait. I think you may have been going for something else with that, so I'm happy to work with you if you need some help finding another trait. 3) Please write his flaws a little more into his personality. Just a bit more.

He's looking great so far!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Keantha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:50 am
ok think I got it now! Try #2 hehe!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:39 am
I didn't get to see your original version so please bear with me if I've overlooked anything new! smile

Cheri asked that you describe his flaws a little better. Basically, a flaw is a clear imperfection, something that actually gets in someone's way or hurts them in some form. T'kin's flaws as they're written now, aside from Obsessive causing him to let possibly important things slide in order to achieve his current goal, don't seem to be showing how they actually cause him any real difficulty or problems. I will try to give you some suggestions on how to expand on them!

His looks and clothes are always perfect (Vain), and he ignores people who don't notice (Arrogant). If I walked by a handsome guy on the street and he ignored me, I wouldn't feel bad about that at all, and nobody actually gets hurt in that situation. Does his vanity cause him to separate himself from people, and perhaps cause him to be lonely at times? Does he feel self conscious at all because he feels he has to look perfect? Is he using the arrogance as a coverup for secretly feeling insecure about something, or is it just because he believes he is above everyone else? Does his arrogance offend people by his expressions or words? Does he get himself into trouble by biting off more than he can chew, perhaps arrogantly claiming he can do something but actually being unable to when put to the test, or has his arrogance gotten someone mad and gotten him into a fight, or gotten him punished?

Feel free to DM me on Discord if you have questions or want to go over something! heart  

Teiha

Character Approvals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff