Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:35 am
Quote:
in the case of chatting with other durgs helping with the cast, all flight relevant commentary will be bolded and/or justified to separate it from rp for easy finding!

It was a sweltering day, and neither Fela nor Sophrosunth wanted to leave their weyr. Fela in particular was languid after the previous gold flight, and while she knew the contained chaos from before would result in probably more last minute work before graduating, she wasn't thinking too much about the future. She was more thinking about how the hell to stay cool. One short hop down from the ledge on her dragon, and both found themselves at the popular weyrlake. Sure, the sun would dry her faster than flame took Thread, but at least the water felt good.

"Come along," she told her blue as she waded in, sighing as the water took her. "Ahhhhhh~ That's the stuff."

In a moment, Sophrosunth replied mildly, the edge of a frown in his tone. Something prickled at his senses, something now familiar. Oh. Oh!

And even as he thought it so, the queen's call radiated over high Reaches. Even one so passive as Sophrosunth felt his hearts start to beat faster, but he fought it and shook his head to try and clear it. Rhianth's flight had been something else, and while Fela had reveled in the emotional turbulence, he had more or less hid in their weyr until it was over. It had shamed him to do so, and while the impulse was there again, he overrode it.

"Where are you going?" Fela asked, feeling the thrum of flightlust fill her once more. But she was feeling lazy, shard it, sexytimes or no. And it was so hot. Although that wouldn't really be too much of a problem naked...

I will follow, he told her brightly, pleased with his compromise. And give details, he added before His could ask, knowing how nosy she was about even draconic gossip and happenings.

She grinned and splashed at him. "Go on then, get a good seat for me! I'll...Hmm. We'll see."

With a wave of affection, Sophrosunth left the weyrbowl to find Fianth and her growing suitors, somewhat anxious about his ability to broadcast but commited to trying.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:39 pm
Ah, hello, hello! I am Sophrosunth, and I will (attempt) to be your social guide through the ongoing queen's flight! That is, if you are not, ah, busy currently.

For those not in the know, radiant Fianth is currently the paramour of one blue Krahsujunth--
I do hope I'm saying that right--whom seems to be keen on blooding with her. Indeed, he is the type who will blood quite anything that might threaten her today. Will he be joining the flight, then? There
is certainly a red gleam in his eyes...Fascinating! But I should perhaps, ah...move a little more this way, just in case...

As is her due, a nice group of males have taken up the call. In fact, there's quite a few browns among the shining hides today. Perhaps visiting Rhianth's winner has emboldened them? Far be it from me to judge, of course, as I'm sure our gold will love the attention...Oh-! I see you, brother! Dearest Elzebuth, you would try, wouldn't you? My hearts go with you, but please be careful! Ahem. Perhaps surprisingly, though not so surprising to me for High Reaches stock is superior in many things, manners included, the majority of would-be suitors have been quite courteous to fierce Krah. It is certainly the predicament many lovers face, and sympathy runs deep. But if he intends to follow them into the flight, perhaps that river will run dry, oho!

(a loud cry echoes distantly)

Ah, of course, Fianth's voice reaches far today. There are more than a few faces I don't recognize here, some as polite as our own, others, ah...Well, manners may not matter so much once the flight commences. This will be, in a word, interesting!  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:18 am
Suuth was used to spending flights alone. It wasn't that he was undesirable—or at least he hoped that wasn't the case—the blue simply had priorities. His rider wasn't the nicest of humans on a good day, and when his plans were interrupted by flightlust, well, his attitude only soured further. H'win needed someone with him, if not in body, then at least in mind. And anyway, this was a gold flight and Suuth was no Krah. He wasn't terribly interested in chasing Fianth, as lovely as she was.

When he heard Sophrosunth's somewhat timid announcement, he perked up and began to venture closer, staying well out of the way of Fianth's suitors and her herdbeast bloodbath. The dragon running commentary was sent a mental spark of interest from Suuth as he settled in closer. If he remembered correctly, this was one of the hatchlings from High Reaches' last local clutch all grown up. How time flew.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:06 pm
He paused for a moment when the spark hit him, and he turned his head towards Suuth with a mental blink. Oh! Oh right, someone would actually pay attention to these! Ahah. Sophrosunth sent the equivalent of a nod back, a small thrill of pleasure and anxiety running up his spine at the direct contact. Well, he couldn't stop now!

That's three herdbeasts drained, weyrfolk! This will be quite the long flight indeed. And...yes, she's off! A-And quite upset, it seems. Perhaps someone has said the wrong thing? Or perhaps we have a flight crasher? I will try to sniff this problem out from the back, dear listeners.

Either way, Krahsj--Krahju--Krah makes himself known! Some take the brunt of his anger with grace, others...not so much. I only just now notice he may as well be a small brown! I don't envy the suitors. Some stumble, and other have been left behind, but nonetheless! This is only the beginning, and there is plenty of time still to catch up.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:47 pm
    We've breached the clouds! Ah, it feels good to cool one's hide up here in the moisture...Fianth has sent out an apology for her snarling start, but as the rising queen, doubtless she had her reasons. She's also remarkably agile; I'll have to take a stop here and find the lead again.

Thankfully I'm not the only one who seems to have lost her in the clouds. It's also
    ...ah, I need to catch my breath...Thank Faranth we don't need to physically speak! Although I do hear something like a crooning harper in that throng...

Several dragons seem to be planning something, though what, I can't imagine. Flights are not exactly an exercise in teamwork...Additionally, it seems the rowdy brown from before is keen to blood someone himself. Perhaps a brawl is surely brewing?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:08 pm
    Down she goes! A tricky creature, this Fianth! And look how the sunlight dances on her hide! And..

(He has to shake his head a few times. Good heavens, look at him: an awkward little blue chasing the tail end of a gold flight! Why, he doesn't even know Fianth well enough to be so bold, the nature of clutching aside. Oh, the absolutely ghastly ideas flightlust gives him...)

Ahem. Down we all go, weyrfolk, down into the mountains! Slow as I am, there's not danger of crashing, but others are not so lucky. And others more still thread the needle of the mountains like a master. What do they tell dear Fianth as they fly, I wonder? Tales of fatherhood, strength, protection, bloodlines--where must they all fit in this tapestry she wishes to weave?

A few have begun to lag behind. I can spy one turning to leave now, in fact! There's no shame in cutting the cord before it grows taut, as they say.
    Is that how it goes? Shells, I can't recall...

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:24 pm
    We're in the final lap now, weyrfolk! Steep as the sisters, Fianth rises!

(Sophrosunth pauses as a litany of insults is hurled from Krahsujunth. More than one makes him mutter oh dear and I certainly hope no-one young caught that and that's a new one.)

I-It appears tempers are also rising! Desire, instinct, heat, and exhaustion, all of it surely would now. I myself am getting quite tired...but...I shall carry on...! Someone will not, however! It seems the rowdy brown has been knocked from the skies! Perhaps chivalry does live on! But what of the rest of the contenders that stand to catch the queen? Will another fight begin before this flight finishes?  
    PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:52 pm
    And still she soars! Fianth is a gem of her color, indeed, to still dive and move like a green this far into the flight! Krah-su-junth is also doing spectacularly for a blue, but there are so many in the throng as it is! Which dragon will reach furthest? Another brown, as was for Rhianth, or a bronze as is tradition? Friendly or stranger? Strongest or swiftest? Large--

...Oh! A bronze is chosen, weyrfolk! And...not of High Reaches, I believe? I don't recognize him at least. You have all done well, suitors, win or lose! What a spectacular race!

While this male may upset traditionalists, we must still rejoice in another successful queen rising, should we not? Our candidates must surely be excited now that the weyr will be witness to a double clutching! Ah, I cannot wait to see the younglings in the sands~

Perhaps they will allow us to watch the hatching this time? If so, I will see you all there!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces