[prp] weyrlings unite (sawisoph)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:50 pm
Oh, Fela just wanted to coo over the new junior weyrlings! Take them under her metaphoric wing, show them the ropes, learn their life story, and all that. Sophrosunth would have been happy just to get on a first name basis and offer tutoring sessions, but His insisted he try to really get to know them. Perhaps too aggressively, in his opinion, but it was meant well.

Scheduling had been something of a problem for a while, however. Between end of training sessions, impromptu goldflights, and other life matters, it had been impossible to corner any of the new weyrlings, let alone their own day to day list of tasks adding to it. But Fela was nothing if not persistent, and on a free day at last she nudged her blue to go out and make contact while she went to comb the romps trainees normally haunted.

It was coincidence that he found Sahrawith first. Or almost mandated, really, given how much he had heard the dragonet liked to explore. Ah, hello! Hello, little one, Sophrosunth introduced himself, long claws clacking on the stone. Have you sniffed out the secrets of the weyr yet?

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:43 pm
The problem with getting older, Sahrawith was coming to find, was that she was getting bigger. Hers couldn't lift her anymore to help her climb onto things, and there were many places that she'd loved less than a sevenday ago she could no longer fit. It was maddening and saddening all at the same time, even though R'ose was calm and loving and assuring there were still so many things for the baby green to do. For example, such a thing was happening now; she'd been wandering around and had bumped into one of the recent blues. His name was Sophrosuth and he was a clutchsib to Cynosuth, that much she knew. Everything else was a mystery...and that made it exciting.

There aren't many mysteries left here, I'm afraid. Sahrawith's eyes whirled with merriment at the arrival of the blue, and she bowed her head politely. I'm too big for the tunnels I was searching a few days ago, and I'm still too little to try and fly. It's frustrating. The little green huffed to show her disappointment, though her overall mood was still quite merry. Her plans for the day involved sneaking around (while still close to R'ose) and perhaps finding somewhere new to explore. How about you? You're older and bigger, have you found out something interesting? Sahrawith's eyes sparkled, curious.

medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:32 pm
Sophrosunth mirrored the bow of his head, amused. He hardly thought age made him more respectable.

I didn't like the pre-flight era myself, he commiserated. Alas, I am no plumber of the depths of Pern's physical realm, even with wings. My talent lies more in being a windbag than anything else, as well as a worrier. He chuckled. How couldn't one be, with siblings like his? My sister, Heimdath, might know more secrets, however! She likes to ponder mysteries on her own.

Ah, but he was forgetting himself! Making a cough-like sound, the blue once again bowed his head, this time deeper. How rude of me! I am Sophrosunth, little one. Ours was the clutch before yours. Though I believe you know that already, he added with a knowing smile.

houllow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:59 am
Sahrawith's eyes blinked in amusement as the dragon introduced himself, and she laughed softly. I know who you are, just as you know who I am but it's still really nice to meet you. His manners were really nice, for a blue. Not that the little green had met many dragons outside of other greens to be able to judge the manner and value of others. Perhaps it would be best if she actually attempted to meet with someone outside of her sister. And why don't you want to explore? Isn't just talking boring? If you explored you'd have so much more to talk about, with all the adventures and what not.

Admittedly she'd had no idea what a windbag was but thankfully R'ose was (mentally) on hand to fill in that word-gap.

I don't like thinking so much, I'd rather be doing. I can't wait to fly, I want to get out of here and into the sky. She lifted her head up and for a moment her eyes were the softest purple. Sahrawith loved the sky and the stories R'ose told her of them, and she loved watching dragons dart through it while flying. One day she would be among them, the paleness of her hide a beautiful wave against the blue. I want to be able to fly and see my Mama and my sisters. Brothers were optional. They're over in Western and I haven't seen them since the party and it's lonely sometimes.

For someone who didn't like talking and thinking too much she certainly was babbling, hardly allowing the older dragon to get a single thought in.

medigel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:56 am
Sophrosunth was more than happy to hear the little one talk: as much as he was a gabber himself, a conversation was very hard to have with just one dragon. (Though he certainly could carry on for a long time if given a chance.) You have a good point, he said, tail curling by his legs. Mine does want me out and about more. In fact, that is precisely the reason we are talking! Not that I wouldn't have spoken to you otherwise, but some days I can rival my sisters when it comes to staying inside.

He wasn't much of an adventurer--more like the doting sibling who waited for the stories when someone came back.

He sent a wave of sympathy Sahrawith's way. I cannot imagine what that must be like. Although, perhaps my brothers and sisters might have had less drama if separated, the blue added with gentle humor. But distance is as nothing to a dragon. You may not be able to see them as often as you would like, but you can still communicate! I'm sure your father has been showing you how, yes?

houllow

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff