Submit

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:14 pm
I definitely don’t get paid enough for this job. I’m just done with it.

Tonight I was politely asked to go on a cart run which is where you just go outside and collect all the carts people bring outside the store and don’t put back. They’re a bit of a hassle but also a nice few minutes outside the store and it’s great exercise! So I like doing them.

As I’m out collecting carts one car pulls in and they have two carts surrounding them, one on either side of their car. I go to pick them off the curb and put them with my other carts I’ve collected so far. However, the couple is attempting to get out with me manuvering around them so, out of politeness I try to be quick and accidentally nick the rim of their back left wheel. A little part inside me goes, “Oh s**t.”

“ARE YOU AWARE YOU JUST HIT OUR CAR?!” the lady screams, shutting the door.

I raise an eyebrow. “Miss, I nicked the wheel but I didn’t hit your car.”

“YOU JUST HIT OUR CAR! BACK HERE!!” The husband goes around the back and points to the paint. There isn’t even a single scratch on it’s surface. “CAN’T YOU SEE YOU JUST HIT OUR CAR! TWICE!!” Then he walks around front and points to the headlight area.

“Sir,” I calmly say, “I did not hit your car. I nicked the rim and I’m sincerely sorry but that’s all I did.”

“YOU! HIT! OUR! CAR!”

The wife walks up to me. “WHERE DO YOU WORK?!”

I look down at my work shirt with the workplace logo in gigantic bold blue letters against a black tee. I mention the place.

The wife scowls. “I’m going to complain to management! What is your job?!”

“Ma'am, I am simply doing a cart run and collecting the carts outside. We have none left in the store.”

“THEN TAKE THEM IN ONE BY ONE!”

The two continue to argue with me but I manage to remain calm. Eventually I just walk away and the couple stares at me as I collect the rest of the carts for several more minutes, almost like predator stalking prey. But then they walk away, and not even into my store. They walk into one across the street.

About 40 minutes later the couple comes into the store. I had notified my staff beforehand and I called my manager over to handle them. The couple literally looks at me about 5 times and they say and do nothing and they don’t even mention the situation to the manager at all.

Man, I’ve had people call to complain about me having a beard. I’ve had people call to complain about why the store hired somebody they can’t tell is a boy or a girl, and I’ve had people taking unsolicited pictures of me for not knowing if I’m a man or not. But this. This just takes the ******** cake.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:48 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
I definitely don’t get paid enough for this job. I’m just done with it.

Tonight I was politely asked to go on a cart run which is where you just go outside and collect all the carts people bring outside the store and don’t put back. They’re a bit of a hassle but also a nice few minutes outside the store and it’s great exercise! So I like doing them.

As I’m out collecting carts one car pulls in and they have two carts surrounding them, one on either side of their car. I go to pick them off the curb and put them with my other carts I’ve collected so far. However, the couple is attempting to get out with me manuvering around them so, out of politeness I try to be quick and accidentally nick the rim of their back left wheel. A little part inside me goes, “Oh s**t.”

“ARE YOU AWARE YOU JUST HIT OUR CAR?!” the lady screams, shutting the door.

I raise an eyebrow. “Miss, I nicked the wheel but I didn’t hit your car.”

“YOU JUST HIT OUR CAR! BACK HERE!!” The husband goes around the back and points to the paint. There isn’t even a single scratch on it’s surface. “CAN’T YOU SEE YOU JUST HIT OUR CAR! TWICE!!” Then he walks around front and points to the headlight area.

“Sir,” I calmly say, “I did not hit your car. I nicked the rim and I’m sincerely sorry but that’s all I did.”

“YOU! HIT! OUR! CAR!”

The wife walks up to me. “WHERE DO YOU WORK?!”

I look down at my work shirt with the workplace logo in gigantic bold blue letters against a black tee. I mention the place.

The wife scowls. “I’m going to complain to management! What is your job?!”

“Ma'am, I am simply doing a cart run and collecting the carts outside. We have none left in the store.”

“THEN TAKE THEM IN ONE BY ONE!”

The two continue to argue with me but I manage to remain calm. Eventually I just walk away and the couple stares at me as I collect the rest of the carts for several more minutes, almost like predator stalking prey. But then they walk away, and not even into my store. They walk into one across the street.

About 40 minutes later the couple comes into the store. I had notified my staff beforehand and I called my manager over to handle them. The couple literally looks at me about 5 times and they say and do nothing and they don’t even mention the situation to the manager at all.

Man, I’ve had people call to complain about me having a beard. I’ve had people call to complain about why the store hired somebody they can’t tell is a boy or a girl, and I’ve had people taking unsolicited pictures of me for not knowing if I’m a man or not. But this. This just takes the ******** cake.

I gotta be honest, those people went a bit overboard, but I can see where they came from, if I saw you hit my car I’d be pissed off too. The other stuff is a fight that you have to live with, people can be d-bag, live with it, be better than them.  

delasislas

Friendly Gaian

18,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
OH MY GOD...[[Rant Forum]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items