Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:41 pm
[ it's babbin backdate time! ]

Two months into life, and Sophrosunth still felt odd in his own body. No longer could Fela carry him about and coo like he was a baby, leaving him to walk almost bow-legged as he tried to accommodate his long, slender limbs. Growing pains didn't help much either. But it wasn't until Thread fell that the blue was truly at his lowest.

There was nothing particularly triggering about this fall, nothing that Sophrosunth could pin down specifically as to why it frightened him so. Maybe he had been drawn in to Veledath's and Heimdath's musings too much lately, had pondered the future he and His would be joining sooner or later and lost the optimistic spark. Pain, fear, loss, disappointment, duty: it was a bevy of emotions every time Thread came, but this time he felt it more keenly than usual. And to his embarrassment, he felt scared. Scared of the one thing dragons were shelled to do.

As Fela made peppy conversation with her fellow weyrlings to pass the time as they helped other staff, all of them huddled together inside and away, Sophrosunth couldn't help but peek through one of the windows at the flight of wings now battling it out in the air. His eyes, though normally a placid blue, were streaked with yellow and gray as he watched.

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:18 pm
Two months into life, and Kratoth was as stable and stolid as a weyrling his age could be. He and Le'x knew their places, their purposes. And one of Kratoth's purposes, in particular, was to notice when one of his siblings was troubled.

He tended to follow his rider closely, as would a loyal canine, but at the sight of a blue silhouette peering out at the carnage, he peeled away from Le'x and went over to his brother, taking a seat beside him. Hello, Sophrosunth. Quite a view you have here. His voice was soft and cheerful, with undertones of compassion. If the blue wished to talk about something, he was ready to listen.

medigel

Teiha

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:53 am
Sophrosunth hummed a sigh. A view, yes, and a portent, he replied without looking away. It was unlike him to be so sober, but there he was. He would be better as he aged, more able to compose himself, but for today the blue was, well, feeling a little blue.

For his brother, however, he attempted a smile as he turned to him. What do you think of when you think about the future? he asked Kratoth. There was a certain inflection in the words, the telltale hint that Sophrosunth wanted to open a discussion or debate.

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am
Kratoth listened to his brother, then gazed back up into the sky at his elders. He pictured himself and Le'x up there, both grown large and strong, flaming thread, unafraid. It felt right. But they were still infants, the both of them.

I think of all the hard work my rider and I will have to do to take hold of our dreams. And I wonder what, exactly, those dreams will be. Le'x does not know what he wants, yet. Kratoth knew what he wanted. It was to be the best he could be, to rise up and defeat his enemy with skill and power, to show his undeniable worth.

He does not understand his own worth, he added, almost to himself--referring to his rider.

medigel

Teiha

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:07 am
Sophrosunth nodded. I have quite the opposite problem, he said, eyes twinkling. Fela understands herself to a degree that I envy. She leans into herself almost like a caricature: a match-making, meddling mother. But she is a mindhealer and wouldn't mind counseling L'ex, should he want advice.

Really, whether he or the other weyrlings of their group wanted it or not, Fela would always meddle in their personal affairs whenever possible. She was already gossiping with some of the staff as they worked, conversing in whispers that broke every once in a while with a snort of laughter.

Teiha

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff