Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nine1122
Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:47 pm
User Image User Image User Image
Nathaniel Sutton

"Like I said, carefully." Nathaniel repeated himself as a way to lead into his explanation. "As Ekon, we may stand above the Coven law but we can't ignore the impact of our actions. If we turn the Amentia Coven leader against someone, if we give them anything to fuel their own dark thoughts, we could condemn all of the pack-drinkers in another coven." 'Pack-dinker' was what Nathaniel and a few other vampires had taken to calling those of their kind who chose to drink from packets of blood. The Amentia Coven practically ran the blood-pack trade and as such the Ekon needed to mind themselves in the Coven. They could break rules- they were Ekon- but consequences would find them in different ways. "We will need to maintain some secrecy. The coven's will already be alert now that they know the Ekon are around. We should avoid anything else that might cause panic."

Company: The Dead | Ekon | Disciplines: Obtenebration, Dominate, and Obeah | Generation: Fourth

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:06 pm

╔══════════╗
Amelia Cross
╚══════════╝

4th GenerationEkon

"You do not believe our target is of Amentia?" She questioned, as that was where she thought he was headed when he first brought up how involved Amentia appeared to be at this early stage of the investigation. "Panic might be unavoidable as something as simple as who we talk to and for how long will be enough to spread wild rumours without mentioning what we do and do not know." Likely there were already ten different rumours about why they were going to the Amentia London headquarters, each more inaccurate than the next. "However, I agree that we should do what can be done to minimize such. I suppose at least they aren't.Lepos."

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Nine1122
Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:33 pm
Nathaniel Sutton

"At least they aren't Lepos." Nathaniel repeated as a small grin crossed his face and then faded. He began walking from the cemetery and towards the Amentia coven, or at least the general direction of it. "I'd like to keep my options open. The coven may be involved but that doesn't mean one of them is the killer. How many times have these cases devolved to one vampire who just snapped?" Nathaniel wasn't wrong, but he also wasn't entirely in the right. Dracula did not idly send his Ekon to do anything and even if they didn't serve a flesh and blood Dracula, his will could not be ignored. He wanted them to find out who violated their laws. They would do their job.

Company: The Dead | Ekon | Disciplines: Obtenebration, Dominate, and Obeah | Generation: Fourth

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:32 pm

╔══════════╗
Amelia Cross
╚══════════╝

4th GenerationEkon

"I don't think that will be the case here. It feels... a lot more premeditated. According to that letter, he knew someone was after him. We'll have to find out who and why and if the same person he was running from was the one who killed him and a dozen other questions. But it doesn't feel like a case where someone just snapped." Of course, she may end up eating her words later. The death may have nothing to do with the letter at all, and someone may have simply snapped. The endless years had a way of doing that. Thus far the evidence didn't seem to point that way. There was something more to it than even that, though Amelia couldn't say what. Intuition perhaps. Then again, maybe what they would find at Amentia would change her mind completely.

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Vice Captain

Nine1122
Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:15 am
Nathaniel Sutton

Nathaniel looked over at Amelia curiously for a moment but decided the only truly fitting response would be to let her eat her words if she was wrong. He'd investigated many cases over his long, long lifespan. He had learned that 'snapped' had a wide variety of meanings. He'd known a man in Bay Harbor- a small town- who had snapped one day and killed his wife. Then that man killed twenty five other people over the next ten years and he was never caught because the police couldn't find any evidence. Nathaniel hadn't needed such concrete proof to make the man confess to him. Now Bay Harbor was free of it's butcher. "Until we reach the Amentia Coven in the city, all we will have is questions." And with that Nathaniel was on his way towards the coven.

It wouldn't be a particularly long journey for them. In their lifespan the little trips like the one to the coven would likely be forgotten in order to retain the memory of what they did when they arrived. And arrive they did. The
Amentia Coven in London was an Asylum... not a hospital like the ones in the cities around it. It was unique in that it actually functioned as a rehabilitation center rather than the prison for the mad that the Amentia asylums generally were. When the Ekons stepped through the doorway and into the main lobby of the Asylum it seemed as if the entire building paused to look at them and in the next moment everyone returned to what they were doing. The main lobby was a grand room with a desk in front for visitors to check in at and a staircase that branched off to the upper floor beyond the desk.Additionally there were a few doors leading into various offices and halls scattered along the sides of the main lobby.

Nathaniel took the lead and walked to the check in desk. "Hello. I am here to speak with Kit." He said as he pulled up his sleeve slightly to reveal the edges of his Ekon mark. The receptionist's eyes went wide and then narrowed as she composed herself.

"She is in Doctor Canan's office. Up the stairs to the right and down the hall. Third door on the right." The receptionist responded as respectfully as she could. However it came off as timidity. Nathaniel nodded to her and then turned to Amelia.

"I will find Kit and this... Doctor Canan. You find the coven leader and inquire about the message?"

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:24 pm

╔══════════╗
Amelia Cross
╚══════════╝

4th GenerationEkon

"I will meet you out front when I am finished." Amelia agreed. Theoretically, she was the more social of the two of them, but even she would rather wait away from the curious eyes. Naturally, the mention of Doctor Canan had piqued her interest, but the answers to those questions would need to wait until she met with Nathaniel again. Kit wasn't the only person who held answers to questions that needed answering and they only had so much time before the sun rose. Amelia set off towards the cover leaders office. She had no doubt they had already been made aware the Ekon were on their way. It would have been preferable if the coven leader, or Kit for that matter, didn't have time to prepare, but it had been unavoidable. A few minutes later, Amelia would arrive at the coven leaders office and knock to announce her arrival.

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Vice Captain

Nine1122
Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:46 pm
Nathaniel Sutton

When Amelia went off to find the coven leader, Nathaniel made his way to Doctor Canan's office. But Amelia would indeed have to wait until she rejoined Nathaniel to find out who they were. Instead Amelia found herself standing in front of a man of average height with short brown hair and pale skin. He seemed to recognize Amelia immediately and stepped aside to let her in his office. It appeared almost clinical. There were a few bookshelves filled with books and a lone wooden desk with two chairs in front of it and one chair behind it. The desk and office were littered with other knickknacks that Amelia would likely overlook... only the owner of the room cared about them. Once she entered he would gesture over to his desk and he would take his seat behind it. "How may I help you?" He skipped over introductions because he expected an Ekon would know who he was. He was a little vain that way. His name was Gustavo and he had lead this branch of the Amentia coven for a short while... but maybe Amelia didn't know that.

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:48 pm

╔══════════╗
Amelia Cross
╚══════════╝

4th GenerationEkon

Amelia wasn't one for small talk, even with people she knew, but especially not with strangers. There were, however, certain formalities she expected. Perhaps he knew who she was, and thought it likely she knew who he was, but given they had never formally met before she was a little annoyed that he hadn't bothered to properly introduce himself. She had long ago learned to hide her emotions, her face remaining a blank mask, and she wouldn't let such a minor thing affect the investigation, but the thought was there. A quick glance around the room showed nothing of interest to her, as she glided across the room towards the desk. Settling herself in one of the two chairs, they got straight to business. "A vampire, Rodric, was found dead not far from here. I understand a member of your coven, Kat, is familiar with him. What do you know of the situation?"

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Vice Captain

Nine1122
Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Gustavo

Gustavo's eyes widened when Amelia said that Rodric had been found dead but he quickly masked whatever shock the new had given him. Like Amelia, he had learned to keep his emotions under check... he just hadn't had as much time to practice so he was not as good. "Rodric is dead?" Gustavo repeated the question and his eyes dropped to his desk. Amelia would be old enough to recognize the gears turning in Gustavo's head. The coven leader was clearly coming up with his own theories. "Rodric and Kit were working together on securing a new source of blood for distribution. They brought in an friend of theirs from another coven, Doctor Canan. He and Kit argue often but he and Rodric seemed to be making good progress with a local company."

Company: The Dead | Amentia Coven Leader | Disciplines: ??? | Generation: Sixth

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 pm

╔══════════╗
Amelia Cross
╚══════════╝

4th GenerationEkon

She now had a clue as to who this Doctor Canan fit into the equation, and with it, more questions arose. Had Nathaniel walked into two people fighting or two colleagues consoling each other over the death of the third. "What can you tell me about this new source of blood and the disagreements between Kit and Doctor Canan?" She asked calmly. "Who knew about this project and did anyone stand against it? And which coven does Canan hail from?"
nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Vice Captain

Nine1122
Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Gustavo

"Of course." Gustavo replied, straightening himself out a little as if he was being recorded and wanted to look his best for the camera... in the circumstances maybe that meant was was trying to look good for the Ekon. "Doctor Canan is from our coven but he isn't local. I think he came from the east. He and Kit were arguing over what company we should approach about getting blood packets. Kit wanted to use a company owned by an immortal name Vincent Frye and Doctor Canan wanted to use his human connections at a hospital to get it. We could only afford one plan and I left it to them to figure out who's plan they'd go with. As far as I know, nobody else knew about the project, aside from the distributors they'd contacted I suppose."

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:53 pm

╔══════════╗
Amelia Cross
╚══════════╝

4th GenerationEkon

"A human connection?" Amelia repeated softly. Naturally, their kind worked with humans regularly. They couldn't survive without them. However, using a human to secure a supply of blood packets seemed risky at best. After all, they couldn't survive long without blood, yet the need had always been the biggest threat to exposure. "I don't suppose you know the name of this human connection, or how they were going to secure blood for us?"

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Vice Captain

Nine1122
Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:19 am

Gustavo

"Doctor Canan has refused to share information about his contacts until the coven has come to a decision." Which wasn't unheard of in their world. Humans could be turned and manipulated with any number of disciplines. They were reliable because of that. But if another vampire knew where you were getting your blood from, they might be able to intervene and take control of the human you deemed so rightfully yours. Canan's actions were suspicious... by a human standard... but to an immortal it might make sense that he wanted to protect his source... until he tried to protect it from an Ekon. "But I believe that the human's Doctor Canan refers to have access to the hospital's blood supply. They were going to remove a quantity for us every month and send it here, then alter documents to make it seem as if the blood was never there."

Deadly_Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:47 pm

╔══════════╗
Amelia Cross
╚══════════╝

4th GenerationEkon

Amelia felt the plan with the human connection was somewhat dubious, or at the very least would be fairly limited in how much new blood they could bring in undetected. However, that was Amentia's concern, not hers, so long as the rules were being followed. "Did Rodric support using the human connection or Vincent Frye?" She asked directly. Gustavo had said Rodric had been making progress with a local company, but it was unclear which source he meant unless it had been a third option not mentioned yet. "And do you know how Vincent was going to procure blood?" Naturally, she planned to ask Vincent this as well, but the only way to find a discrepancy was to ask multiple people the same question.

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger
Vice Captain

Nine1122
Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:26 am
Gustavo

"Rodric supported the human connection. He disagreed with Frye's method of obtaining blood." Gustavo replied simply before continuing to describe the incredibly inhumane way Vincent obtained the lifeblood for vampires. "Frye farms the blood. Literally. He owns a farm on a nice, remote patch of land. He hires vagrants to work the farm and drains them slowly unless they find out. Then he gives mass deliveries. Naturally he changes his workforce every few years out of necessity but his business model has been effective for a century. Doctor Canan's method was more... humane but not necessarily as consistent. But as I said, I did not care where the blood came from as long as it came in."

Deadly_Tiger

Main Role-Play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas