Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 雷║﹁The Land of Lightning﹂
⚡ || Ginmizu Falls Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 4:33 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
    Shinji began to chuckle between breaths. ”Man, your chakra is kinda crazy Gyuki,” he remarked, puzzling the Beast. ’How do you mean?’ ”I’m laying here, completely exhausted. For sure running on fumes. But, thanks to your massive chakra, I still feel like I can keep going. It’s like an enigma. Full of energy, but barely able to move.” Gyuki, deep within his own space within Shinji’s being, was shaking his head. ”I guess I can’t just keep pushing when I feel like I can. At least, not until I can tell the difference between my own reserves and yours.” The two sat in silence until a new presence broke the quiet.

Shinji turned to look at the source of the voice that had asked if he needed help. Kenshin Hyuuga, Sannin of Arashigakure and the Lord of Nohara was standing some distance away. Gyuki mumbled something that Shinji couldn’t make out, but he brushed it off for the moment. He forced himself into a sitting position facing his visitor. ”Hey, uh… Hi? Do I need help? Huh..” Shinji was struggling to find his words, feeling slightly intimidated. ”Oh, not really. I just wore myself out is all.”

As Kenshin went on to mention Gyuki, and his relationship with the Tailed Beast, Shinji pointed at the man. ”Oooh, so that was you! He wouldn’t tell me what happened to his horn. He just got all moody and wouldn’t talk to me when I asked.” Shinji could feel Gyuki’s growing agitation. ’Are you gonna be okay?’ He asked in his head. ’I will be fine.’ His initial concern was that the Eight Tails would start trying to fight him for control due to whatever grudge he had against the Lightning Sage. Now, that concern was replaced with whether Gyuki was going to be in a bad mood the rest of the day. He nodded at Kenshin. ”I’m not sure if I’d consider myself a ‘perfect’ host. We get along well enough I suppose, but it’s a lot to adjust to. I’ll figure it out though. We have to do whatever we can, for village and country,” he offered in acknowledgement. Shinji had spent most of his life focusing solely on what he could do for Arashi. It wasn’t until fairly recently that he expanded on that way of thinking to include the Land of Floods, and even other villages as needs arise.

”It is kind of sad. They were created to be used for evil, by evil. A tool for chaos and devastation, or so I’m told. Though, personally I think it’s kind of inspiring too.” Shinji blew a few stray hairs from the edge of his vision. ”If they can fight against their nature, if they can turn away from the darkness they were born from and desire to never go back, then anyone can do it, right?” He was quiet for a moment of solemn contemplation. The edges of his lips rose into a light smile, but his eyes were distant, off in some far away land in a future beyond the conflict. ”It seems like our world is constantly under threat. The moment we’re rid of one, a newer and bigger villain pops up somewhere else. Though, I guess that just makes me appreciate the Big Guy even more. If we’re going to be fighting against their maker, or his screwed up followers at least, then it helps that they’re on our side. I’ve been working on getting the hang of Gyuki’s power. It’s awesome, but it’s also… heavy? I think that’s the right word for it. How’d you do it?”

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

|| 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕜𝕣𝕒 :: 3000 / 3000   || 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕒 :: 3505 / 3505   || 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔 :: 800 / 800   || 𝕘𝕪𝕦𝕜𝕚 :: 5000 / 5000  || 𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖:: 000 / 000

|| 𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕘𝕒𝕜𝕦𝕣𝕖   || 𝕤+ 𝕔𝕙𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕟 / 𝕒𝕟𝕓𝕦 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕕𝕠𝕨   || 𝕓𝕦𝕜𝕚𝕛𝕦𝕥𝕤𝕦 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥

[ Appearance Reference ]

Demon Cloak Stage 2, Learned

Technique's Used:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Passive Effects:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Stats:
     || Strength [ 9 ]
     || Speed [ 10 ]
     || Agility [ 9 ]
     || Endurance [ 9 ]

Ephemeral Ozymandias

NAME HERE

NAME HERE

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 5:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱Kenshin paused thoughtfully at Shinji's question. His mind traveled in his memories to the days when he trained to use Gyuki's powers. It was clear to him that Shinji was looking for advice and an example for his own purposes. "The most important step in the process was absolving Gyuki from Jashinism using Evergreen's grace. I believe that natural energy was healing for him and a necessary step in his redemption." He knew this made a difference. It was so consequential that there was no doubt that it was helping Shinji as well, even without him knowing it. "Our lives are what our thoughts make them. This is especially true with the path of the jinchuuriki. Control over your mind and spirit is what'll allow you to unlock the demonic power. You can improve your physical stamina all you want but if your mind is weak then you'll never control a tailed beast cloak." Determination is ultimately what allowed him to manifest Gyuki's powers. This amount of chakra and power was simply a mountain to climb. "I imagine worrying about what's going to happen to the world if Jashin wins has given you a powerful sense of urgency. It did the same for me. True?" Kenshin asked carefully and hoped that the inquiry would give Shinji a chance to think deeper. Kenshin hoped that these kinds of thoughts and questions would help guide Shinji on his arduous path.

×TITLE: Sannin】▰【RANK: S+】▰【STRENGTH: 10】▰【SPEED: 8】▰【AGILITY: 8】▰【ENDURANCE: 10】▰【CHAKRA: 5,000 || 5,000】▰【STAMINA: 5,000 || 5,000▰【NATURE CHAKRA: 1,500 || 1,500

Technique Used:

Technique Active:

Active Effects
Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Active
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Reiken no Michi Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Piercing Accuracy | The clansman is more proficient than his fellow clan members at striking tenketsu. One's gentle fist application allows them to reduce 1.5 times the amount of chakra spent in a juken strike instead of 1.25. For example, if one spends 100 chakra on a gentle fist technique, the attack robs the target of 150 instead of the 125 normal clansmen would reduce.
▱▰▱ Purest Lineage | The clansman's thoroughbred lineage allows them access to the Byakugan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation. In addition, should they unlock the Tenseigan, they may have 50% less reserves to maintain it than other clan members and may also activate the Tenseigan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation.
▱▰▱ Physical Prowess | The Hyuga gains a [2] point increase in any stat after mastering stage 3 of the gentle fist and another [2] points after mastering stage 6 for a total of [4] rather than [2]. In addition, the Hyuga gains [3] custom slots to be used exclusively for the gentle fist style and [1] taijutsu style slot.
▱▰▱ Genetic Palette | With intensive genetic therapy and strong blood, this character is able to possess more than one transplant. This allows the character up to two transplants total, of any of the three categories.
▱▰▱ Thundering Justice | Lightning-based techniques used by the Hatake are granted a concussive blast in the form of a sonic boom upon impact. This concussive blast has a range of five feet per rank of the parent technique. Those within the area of the blast have a knock-back effect applied if their body rank is lower than the parent technique. In addition, deafness is applied upon impact for two posts.
▱▰▱ Tsunami of Justice | Kenshin gains access to the water element.
▱▰▱ Ionic Blade | The user's bukijutsu and basic combat weapon strikes may be made complex to add their lightning element to the attacks. This causes tiered paralysis on contact equal to the rank of the technique it is paired with.
▱▰▱ Blessings of Valor | As a world-famous hero, you are forever bestowed with an extra reward in arc, timeskip, and guildwide events.
▱▰▱ Short-Circuiting Juken | For an additional amount of chakra that is half of the amount spent for the original technique, Hatake chidori raiton can be applied to complex juken techniques to inject the enemy's body with lightning. The Hatake's chidori raiton inflicts a tier of full-body paralysis that is equivalent to the technique's rank up to the second tier. This paralysis lasts for two posts per rank of the technique at a maximum of six posts. Applying Chidori chakra to the Juken consumes a second offensive activation.
▱▰▱ Storm Sage | Lightning techniques cast while in sage mode and when enhanced by nature chakra burn brighter and inflict a tier of blindness that is equivalent to the technique's rank. This blindness lasts for two posts per rank of the technique at a maximum of six posts.
▱▰▱ Stern Spirit | Reiken no Michi virtue states cost one rank less in stamina to activate and maintain. The stamina cost of the virtue states cannot be reduced beyond this.
▱▰▱ Raijin Drum | While in human sage mode, Kenshin is able to self-korabo one lightning technique, one wind technique, and one water technique into one three-times powerful truth-seeking orb. This consumes the chakra of the three techniques on his nature chakra reserves but only one offensive action. This can only occur once for every three posts.
▱▰▱ Conduction Mastery | Kenshin is able to self-korabo his lightning and water techniques more efficiently by paying 10 less chakra when one raiton and one suiton are combined.
▱▰▱ The Grand Order | Status effects affect the templar by [1] tier lower at a minimum of tier 1 when defending their religion's faithful and their houses of worship. This PA is only obtained by grand templars and is automatically obtained once that title is granted.
▱▰▱ Eye of the Storm | When using techniques or abilities based on the water and-or lighting element, including ranton and other bloodline techniques their rank is increased depending on the proximity to the user. When 20-25 feet from the user, techniques are increased by one rank in strength, when 5-10 feet from the user, techniques are increased by two ranks.
▱▰▱ Conductive Destruction | Ranton users are masters of their elements so one Raiton and one Suiton ninjutsu can be self-Koraboed for only one offensive activation. This ability can only be used once per three posts. If both Raiton and Suiton techniques are used in the same post then they are all reduced by 5 chakra per rank of the technique.

Class Information
First Class: Bukijutsu
▱▰▱ Expert: Rapier → The user has achieved a sense of mastery and focus unlike others and are known as an Expert, a dedicated focus over a weapon they use to near perfection. The shinobi can pick a single weapon, or two if dual wielding, to apply this focus toward with examples such as Katana, Spear, Bows or even Dual Daggers. They acquire a Keystone technique that is unique to them with an additional 2 Custom Techniques derived of this special ability. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information. They gain a [+1] boost to both speed and agility & techniques cost [5] less Chakra and/or Stamina per rank of the technique when wielding attacks with their specialized weapon in attack or defense.
► Signature Style: Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi
Second Class: Bukijutsu
▱▰▱ Mystic Hero → The user has become adept at blending their ninjutsu and bukijutsu. The user is able to cast ninjutsu from their weapon without the use of hand signs by making any flourish or deliberate movement to cast the technique in the direction the weapon is commanded. This requires the same amount of time as the forming of hand signs to cast ninjutsu. They are also able to Korabo 1 ninjutsu and 1 bukijutsu together with varying cool downs for a single activation.
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
Third Class: Bloodline
▱▰▱ Blood Knight → Your bloodline techniques possess greater power, allowing them to overwhelm techniques of the same rank and preventing them from succumbing to elemental weaknesses. You can cast bloodline techniques through one-handed seals. {The Overwhelming Trait does not apply to anything above S} In addition, Blood Knights are able to Korabo bloodline techniques at varying cool downs depending on the technique ranks for a single activation.
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
▱▰▱ Dedicated Disciple → A disciple who chooses to specialize in a small number of their class's arts. Limiting themselves to three of their class's styles, granting overwhelming in all three styles up to S Rank. Any additional slots that would be awarded for their class's styles are converted into a 2 point increase in any stats of their choosing. In addition, these masters of their arts are able to have a 1 point increase in their stats cap of 8 making it 9. Styles granted from rewards may be learned but do not carry the overwhelming property and the user is capped out at 5 styles.
► Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi | Tetsunami Ryu | Reiken no Michi

Weapon Specs
Weapon Name: Getsuruitō
Weapon Type: Katana & Rapier [ Reiken Spirit Sword ]
Weapon Size: 38 Inches Total | 30 Inch Blade | 8 Inch Hilt
Style Categorization: Medium Sword
Weapon Weight: 3 lbs
Stat Increase: +2 Speed
Elemental Affinity: Lightning
Description: Getsuruitō (月涙刀, Moon Tear Sword) is a legendary sword that was reworked and merged with the standard-issue Kumogakure Police Department officer rapier commissioned to Kenshin Kosei named Purity. The original form of the sword is a steel and dark blue katana with a bronze crossguard and dragonhead handle. It also has a rapier form that was refined from Purity and is entirely constructed from steel with a dark blue handle and basket hilt. The katana and rapier forms are the same size and constructed of the same materials. Getsuruito was considered a legendary artifact by the people of Seizan as it was wielded by an ancient general. When the rusted blade was awarded by the locals to Kenshin Kosei he discovered that it had the unique ability to merge with and empower one other weapon. When the katana was reworked to its fullest potential it had the abilities of his own weapon in addition to incredible lightning abilities.
Ability Summary:
Righteous Sword of the Sentinel [ Senchineru no Seigi no Ken ] | Rank E | Bloodline | Spiritual
All forms of Hyuuga techniques including the gentle fist can be used through the sword for the 10 posts that this technique is active. This means that strikes involving the blade cause physical damage including stab wounds as well as seal tenketsu points and any other effects of the technique used through the sword. An additional 5 chakra can be applied to the blade to prevent it from causing physical damage from thrusting but instead seal tenketsu points and inflict pain similar to a stab wound in the area struck but slashing attacks can still cause damage. Half the resource cost of techniques from the rapier style of Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi applied allows the technique to carry the tenketsu sealing effects of a same-rank palm strike such as a B-Rank carrying 64 Palms effects. Getsuruito must be in its rapier form to use this ability and 5 chakra can be spent upon activation of this technique to transform it as such. The Righteous Sword of the Sentinel technique has a 10 post duration before necessitating re-activation and costs an E-Rank amount of chakra. The initial activation of this technique consumes an action but all subsidiary abilities of the technique do not.

Smiting Blade of the Night Watch [ Naitō Otchi no Sumittinguburēdo ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu [ Lightning ] | Spiritual
When this technique is activated it crackles violently with night blue lightning for the entire duration. The electricity from the blade also forms bolts of lightning over the body of the user and appears to supercharge them. Whenever the blade is swung or thrust over the duration the user can fire a concentrated blast of ten bolts of lightning to accompany the strike equal to the rank applied but for only half the cost to initiate the technique. Hatake, Raiu, and Sage enhanced lightning can pass through the blade and apply to these lightning bolts. The bolts cause a thunderously deafening sonic boom and can inflict tier 2 burns upon direct contact with the lightning. Additionally, these lightning bolts can be freely applied to all complex bukijutsu for no action cost to smite enemies. The only action cost is when the technique is activated and all subsidiary abilities of the technique do not consume actions and only chakra. This ability can be used in both forms of Getsuruito.

Draconic Sabre of Moon Sundering [ Getsu Sandaringu no Dorakonikku Seibā ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu [ Lightning ] | Complex
This is the original ability of the ancient Getsuruito blade and thus requires the original katana form. 5 chakra can be spent to transform the blade to its original form upon activation of this technique. Crackling and thunderous dark blue lightning can be applied to the katana's edge at any rank and the same lightning can form a dragon head formed from electricity over the body of the user for 10 posts. This allows all spiritual techniques the sword comes into contact with to be slashed through and even cut in half at the same rank despite the complex nature of the technique. For half of the original cost to activate the technique a same-rank spiritual electrical energy slash can be sent out from the slash of the blade. This same cost can be applied to any complex bukijutsu to achieve the same effect. The original 10 post activation of this ability consumes an action but all subsidiary abilities do not.

**LEARNED - [ -Rank | / Posts ]

**MISSION - [ -Rank | / Posts ]

Evil Toaster Yokai

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:43 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
    Shinji rocked back and forth a few times before moving to get up onto his feet. ”That makes sense,” he said, placing his hands behind his waist and arching backwards. ”I’ll wager a guess that it was you that cleansed him of the Jashinist corruption? Thanks for that, from both of us. I don’t know the specifics, but I doubt that ridding the Bijuu of that evil infection is an easy task.” He pondered Kenshin’s words for a moment. ”So it’s a mental thing, not a physical thing. Well…. More or less,” he tapped a finger to his chin in thought. ”I wonder if I’m subconsciously hindering my progress. Like a deep part of myself doesn’t think I’m ready to move on to the next stage yet. I just tried my first Stage Two transformation, and it was easier to do than I thought it would be. The transformation itself was painful, but the process of initiating it wasn’t too bad.” He offered an apologetic smile to the Lightning Sage. ”Forgive me, I’m thinking out loud.”

Shinji swung his arms out at his sides in wide arcs. ”I mean, I can put a full stop to any of his attempts to break free. Found that one out by accident, mind you. Thankfully that hasn’t been a frequent thing. We started bonding over our mutual dislike of his would-be captors, and I think he’s starting to like me now,” he added with a mischievous smile, an obvious playful jab towards Gyuki. The Eight Tails grumbled, but chose to continue quietly fuming. ”I guess that means I need to meditate more.”

Kenshin was right. Shinji wasn’t sure what would happen to the world if the Jashinists won, but he knew that it would have disastrous consequences. The truth was, he knew there was going to be a war to decide the fate of the world. It was on the horizon, and the weight of it was palpable. Shinji had never been a pedant. He overlooked most of the small details, focusing instead on the bigger picture and the broad strokes. So far, that had gotten him through most things in life. Now it felt like it was those small details that would play the largest part in determining if the world fell prey to Jashin’s zealots. Shinji nodded in acknowledgement to Kenshin’s question. ”Yeah. Urgency seems like it might be too light of a word to use, but yes. The more I think about it, the more behind I feel. Like I have so much preparing to do and not enough time to do it.” Despite the underlying troubled tone in his voice, his expression was calm, almost serene despite the subject matter.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

|| 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕜𝕣𝕒 :: 3000 / 3000   || 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕒 :: 3505 / 3505   || 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕔 :: 800 / 800   || 𝕘𝕪𝕦𝕜𝕚 :: 5000 / 5000  || 𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖:: 000 / 000

[ Appearance Reference ]

Technique's Used:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Passive Effects:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Stats:
     || Strength [ 9 ]
     || Speed [ 10 ]
     || Agility [ 9 ]
     || Endurance [ 9 ]

Ephemeral Ozymandias

NAME HERE

NAME HERE

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 6:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱Kenshin nodded softly and avoided boasting regarding Gyuki's current purity. "I'm nothing but an instrument of Evergreen." The lightning sage listened to Shinji think aloud and nodded exactly twice. When he apologized, Kenshin quickly dismissed it. "You're fine, this is a part of the process." Kenshin began slowly generating a small amount of lightning chakra in his right hand. It was not so much that it would form a chidori or any other raiton technique for that matter. The lightning chakra was soothing to the touch, in fact. When Shinji mentioned needing to meditate more and then soon finished speaking, Kenshin approached him. He gently placed his hand on his right shoulder. "Breathe in deeply." The ninshu sage transferred a small amount of his chakra to Shinji. Shinji would feel no pain and would instead experience a rush of energy that would quite possibly rejuvenate him. "Hold it in." Kenshin was referring to his breath as the chakra passed through Shinji's nervous system. "Exhale." Kenshin instructed and used his ninshu training to share his chakra and created a spiritual link between them. He was also able to help Shinji recover from the mental and physical exhaustion of training. "Close your eyes and feel the connection between our chakra networks. If you listen hard enough then you'll obtain a deeper understanding. In ninshu we believe that chakra is so much more than a weapon." Kenshin hoped that this would help Shinji with his meditation.

×TITLE: Sannin】▰【RANK: S+】▰【STRENGTH: 10】▰【SPEED: 8】▰【AGILITY: 8】▰【ENDURANCE: 10】▰【CHAKRA: 4,950 || 5,000】▰【STAMINA: 5,000 || 5,000▰【NATURE CHAKRA: 1,500 || 1,500

Technique Used:

Technique Active:

Active Effects
Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Active
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Reiken no Michi Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Piercing Accuracy | The clansman is more proficient than his fellow clan members at striking tenketsu. One's gentle fist application allows them to reduce 1.5 times the amount of chakra spent in a juken strike instead of 1.25. For example, if one spends 100 chakra on a gentle fist technique, the attack robs the target of 150 instead of the 125 normal clansmen would reduce.
▱▰▱ Purest Lineage | The clansman's thoroughbred lineage allows them access to the Byakugan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation. In addition, should they unlock the Tenseigan, they may have 50% less reserves to maintain it than other clan members and may also activate the Tenseigan without the use of a hand seal, chakra cost, or activation.
▱▰▱ Physical Prowess | The Hyuga gains a [2] point increase in any stat after mastering stage 3 of the gentle fist and another [2] points after mastering stage 6 for a total of [4] rather than [2]. In addition, the Hyuga gains [3] custom slots to be used exclusively for the gentle fist style and [1] taijutsu style slot.
▱▰▱ Genetic Palette | With intensive genetic therapy and strong blood, this character is able to possess more than one transplant. This allows the character up to two transplants total, of any of the three categories.
▱▰▱ Thundering Justice | Lightning-based techniques used by the Hatake are granted a concussive blast in the form of a sonic boom upon impact. This concussive blast has a range of five feet per rank of the parent technique. Those within the area of the blast have a knock-back effect applied if their body rank is lower than the parent technique. In addition, deafness is applied upon impact for two posts.
▱▰▱ Ionic Blade | The user's bukijutsu and basic combat weapon strikes may be made complex to add their lightning element to the attacks. This causes tiered paralysis on contact equal to the rank of the technique it is paired with.
▱▰▱ Blessings of Valor | As a world-famous hero, you are forever bestowed with an extra reward in arc, timeskip, and guildwide events.
▱▰▱ Short-Circuiting Juken | For an additional amount of chakra that is half of the amount spent for the original technique, Hatake chidori raiton can be applied to complex juken techniques to inject the enemy's body with lightning. The Hatake's chidori raiton inflicts a tier of full-body paralysis that is equivalent to the technique's rank up to the second tier. This paralysis lasts for two posts per rank of the technique at a maximum of six posts. Applying Chidori chakra to the Juken consumes a second offensive activation.
▱▰▱ Storm Sage | Lightning techniques cast while in sage mode and when enhanced by nature chakra burn brighter and inflict a tier of blindness that is equivalent to the technique's rank. This blindness lasts for two posts per rank of the technique at a maximum of six posts.
▱▰▱ Stern Spirit | Reiken no Michi virtue states cost one rank less in stamina to activate and maintain. The stamina cost of the virtue states cannot be reduced beyond this.
▱▰▱ Raijin Drum | While in human sage mode, Kenshin is able to self-korabo one lightning technique, one wind technique, and one water technique into one three-times powerful truth-seeking orb. This consumes the chakra of the three techniques on his nature chakra reserves but only one offensive action. This can only occur once for every three posts.
▱▰▱ Conduction Mastery | Kenshin is able to self-korabo his lightning and water techniques more efficiently by paying 10 less chakra when one raiton and one suiton are combined.
▱▰▱ The Grand Order | Status effects affect the templar by [1] tier lower at a minimum of tier 1 when defending their religion's faithful and their houses of worship. This PA is only obtained by grand templars and is automatically obtained once that title is granted.
▱▰▱ Eye of the Storm | When using techniques or abilities based on the water and-or lighting element, including ranton and other bloodline techniques their rank is increased depending on the proximity to the user. When 20-25 feet from the user, techniques are increased by one rank in strength, when 5-10 feet from the user, techniques are increased by two ranks.
▱▰▱ Conductive Destruction | Ranton users are masters of their elements so one Raiton and one Suiton ninjutsu can be self-Koraboed for only one offensive activation. This ability can only be used once per three posts. If both Raiton and Suiton techniques are used in the same post then they are all reduced by 5 chakra per rank of the technique.

Class Information
▱▰▱ Expert: Rapier → The user has achieved a sense of mastery and focus unlike others and are known as an Expert, a dedicated focus over a weapon they use to near perfection. The shinobi can pick a single weapon, or two if dual wielding, to apply this focus toward with examples such as Katana, Spear, Bows or even Dual Daggers. They acquire a Keystone technique that is unique to them with an additional 2 Custom Techniques derived of this special ability. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information. They gain a [+1] boost to both speed and agility & techniques cost [5] less Chakra and/or Stamina per rank of the technique when wielding attacks with their specialized weapon in attack or defense.
▱▰▱ Mystic Hero → The user has become adept at blending their ninjutsu and bukijutsu. The user is able to cast ninjutsu from their weapon without the use of hand signs by making any flourish or deliberate movement to cast the technique in the direction the weapon is commanded. This requires the same amount of time as the forming of hand signs to cast ninjutsu. They are also able to Korabo 1 ninjutsu and 1 bukijutsu together with varying cool downs for a single activation.
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
▱▰▱ Blood Knight → Your bloodline techniques possess greater power, allowing them to overwhelm techniques of the same rank and preventing them from succumbing to elemental weaknesses. You can cast bloodline techniques through one-handed seals. {The Overwhelming Trait does not apply to anything above S} In addition, Blood Knights are able to Korabo bloodline techniques at varying cool downs depending on the technique ranks for a single activation.
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
▱▰▱ Dedicated Disciple → A disciple who chooses to specialize in a small number of their class's arts. Limiting themselves to three of their class's styles, granting overwhelming in all three styles up to S Rank. Any additional slots that would be awarded for their class's styles are converted into a 2 point increase in any stats of their choosing. In addition, these masters of their arts are able to have a 1 point increase in their stats cap of 8 making it 9. Styles granted from rewards may be learned but do not carry the overwhelming property and the user is capped out at 5 styles.

Weapon Specs
Description: Getsuruitō (月涙刀, Moon Tear Sword) is a legendary sword that was reworked and merged with the standard-issue Kumogakure Police Department officer rapier commissioned to Kenshin Kosei named Purity. The original form of the sword is a steel and dark blue katana with a bronze crossguard and dragonhead handle. It also has a rapier form that was refined from Purity and is entirely constructed from steel with a dark blue handle and basket hilt. The katana and rapier forms are the same size and constructed of the same materials. Getsuruito was considered a legendary artifact by the people of Seizan as it was wielded by an ancient general. When the rusted blade was awarded by the locals to Kenshin Kosei he discovered that it had the unique ability to merge with and empower one other weapon. When the katana was reworked to its fullest potential it had the abilities of his own weapon in addition to incredible lightning abilities.
Ability Summary:
Righteous Sword of the Sentinel [ Senchineru no Seigi no Ken ] | Rank E | Bloodline | Spiritual
All forms of Hyuuga techniques including the gentle fist can be used through the sword for the 10 posts that this technique is active. This means that strikes involving the blade cause physical damage including stab wounds as well as seal tenketsu points and any other effects of the technique used through the sword. An additional 5 chakra can be applied to the blade to prevent it from causing physical damage from thrusting but instead seal tenketsu points and inflict pain similar to a stab wound in the area struck but slashing attacks can still cause damage. Half the resource cost of techniques from the rapier style of Sen Gekiretsu Nagareboshi applied allows the technique to carry the tenketsu sealing effects of a same-rank palm strike such as a B-Rank carrying 64 Palms effects. Getsuruito must be in its rapier form to use this ability and 5 chakra can be spent upon activation of this technique to transform it as such. The Righteous Sword of the Sentinel technique has a 10 post duration before necessitating re-activation and costs an E-Rank amount of chakra. The initial activation of this technique consumes an action but all subsidiary abilities of the technique do not.

Smiting Blade of the Night Watch [ Naitō Otchi no Sumittinguburēdo ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu [ Lightning ] | Spiritual
When this technique is activated it crackles violently with night blue lightning for the entire duration. The electricity from the blade also forms bolts of lightning over the body of the user and appears to supercharge them. Whenever the blade is swung or thrust over the duration the user can fire a concentrated blast of ten bolts of lightning to accompany the strike equal to the rank applied but for only half the cost to initiate the technique. Hatake, Raiu, and Sage enhanced lightning can pass through the blade and apply to these lightning bolts. The bolts cause a thunderously deafening sonic boom and can inflict tier 2 burns upon direct contact with the lightning. Additionally, these lightning bolts can be freely applied to all complex bukijutsu for no action cost to smite enemies. The only action cost is when the technique is activated and all subsidiary abilities of the technique do not consume actions and only chakra. This ability can be used in both forms of Getsuruito.

Draconic Sabre of Moon Sundering [ Getsu Sandaringu no Dorakonikku Seibā ] | Rank X | Bukijutsu [ Lightning ] | Complex
This is the original ability of the ancient Getsuruito blade and thus requires the original katana form. 5 chakra can be spent to transform the blade to its original form upon activation of this technique. Crackling and thunderous dark blue lightning can be applied to the katana's edge at any rank and the same lightning can form a dragon head formed from electricity over the body of the user for 10 posts. This allows all spiritual techniques the sword comes into contact with to be slashed through and even cut in half at the same rank despite the complex nature of the technique. For half of the original cost to activate the technique a same-rank spiritual electrical energy slash can be sent out from the slash of the blade. This same cost can be applied to any complex bukijutsu to achieve the same effect. The original 10 post activation of this ability consumes an action but all subsidiary abilities do not.

Evil Toaster Yokai

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:15 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image
    Shinji cocked a curious eyebrow at the mention of Kenshin’s deity. He wasn’t too familiar with religious practice, but he couldn’t help but wonder if being devoted to one of the Gods brought a similar sense of devotion as what he felt towards Arashi. He wasn’t sure whether he would go as far as referring to himself as an “Instrument of the Storm,” but he knew that it was true whether he admitted it or not. He knew that better than anyone. Any order that came down to him, he would follow with no questions. He might complain the whole time, and maybe take some liberties with the assignment, but he always did what was asked of him.

As Kenshin began generating lightning chakra in his hand, Shinji grew slightly weary, calming down again when the collection appeared to stop growing. He wasn’t sure what the intent was behind the electricity pooling in Kenshin’s palm. It didn’t look like enough chakra to form any sort of Raiton technique. Perhaps he meant to literally shock Shinji back into an energetic state. As the hand holding the chakra landed on his shoulder, Shinji felt a light tingling sensation. It was…. therapeutic. He did as Kenshin directed, taking a deep breath in. The tingling sensation was replaced with a sudden wave of energy washing through his body. The exhaustion he felt a moment before was being whisked away by the restorative chakra being transferred into him.

Shinji almost uttered something in surprise, but the directive to hold in his breath stopped him. The revitalizing pulse spread further and further. From what he could tell already, once the chakra finished spreading through his system, he was likely going to feel more alive than ever before. He let his breath out. Shinji could feel that something was different, besides his rejuvenated state. He couldn’t quite tell what it was, but there was a lingering, peripheral sensation. An internal awareness of something foreign to him, but not so blatantly obvious that he could make out what it was. Thankfully, Kenshin was quick to offer a hint as to what the foreign sensation was.

Shinji closed his eyes, turning his focus inward. It took a moment to hone in on the flow of his chakra. The more he focused on it, the clearer the feel of it circulating throughout his chakra network became. He mentally monitored its flow, careful to distinguish his own chakra from Gyuki’s. From the bottoms of his feet up through his legs, from his abdomen to his chest, down his arms, up to his shoulders and.. There. It started small, a slight fluctuation in the direction of his chakra. It was such a minute abnormality that he almost missed it. At the spot that Kenshin’s hand was touching his shoulder, infusing chakra into Shinji’s system, there was a small jump in the amount of chakra present along his network. It wasn’t much, and it vanished almost immediately, swept into the current.

He turned the whole of his focus onto that spot, that increase in chakra. He began to feel the chakra pouring into him. Not the bump in energy he was getting from it, but the actual act of it flowing from Kenshin into him. The more he scrutinized that feeling, the more aware he became of its source. It started as a dull, fuzzy existence. Similar to that sixth sense of someone watching you. Over time it expanded, sharpened, until he was registering Kenshin in a way that was beyond simply perceiving his physical presence. He opened his eyes and blinked a few times. His vision felt sharper. As if he were seeing the world in a new perspective than what he was used to. Perhaps it was merely a placebo effect stemming from the connection Kenshin shared with him, and the deeper sense of awareness that came with it. ”Wow I.. uh. I didn’t know chakra could do something like that. I mean, I knew chakra could do a lot of things. I knew it could be shared, even. But this is a connection on a whole other level. It’s deeper. It’s grounding. This is what all that Ninshu stuff is about?”

[ Appearance Reference ]

Technique's Used:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Passive Effects:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Stats:
     || Strength [ 9 ]
     || Speed [ 10 ]
     || Agility [ 9 ]
     || Endurance [ 9 ]

Ephemeral Ozymandias

NAME HERE

NAME HERE

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 9:49 am
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱Kenshin nodded lightly in response to Shinji's question about Ninshu. The lightning sage dedicated much of his life to following the way of lightning Ninshu. "Yes, most shinobi have strayed from the path, seeing chakra as a tool. The truth is that chakra is the body's highest form of spiritual energy. It connects us and gives us great power when we can understand it." It was always inspiring for Kenshin to show this truth to the uninitiated. It was the most traditional belief of shinobi dating back to early shinobi civilization. "Ninshu follow different paths, sometimes dedicating themselves to the truths of a particular chakra element. Mine is lightning. In lightning ninshu our focus is on understanding how chakra connections created the shinobi nations. We focus on order, law, and justice in our teachings. Though each path has its differences, we're all still united in our core following of the way." Kenshin's faith in Ninshu was deeply important to him and he hoped that Shinji could grow to believe in it too. "I can show you the path but I can't tell you to take it. Every man must make his choice on which road he'll walk down." It was interesting to see the energy of lightning ninshu flowing through Shinji. "All the villains of this world attempt to tear down our societies in one way or another. Kogarashi sought to dissolve the shinobi villages, the samurai tried to eradicate shinobi kind, and the Jashinists want to unmake the entire world in their grandiose delusions. Do you see how lightning ninshu with its focus on chakra forming lawful societies was at odds with the ways of Kogarashi, for example? I've heard it said that Kagami Hari was once a priestess initiate of water ninshu before Kirigakure fell and she strayed from the righteous path." Kenshin knew that Shinji was present for the Kogarashi war all those years ago in Arashigakure.

×TITLE: Sannin】▰【RANK: S+】▰【STRENGTH: 10】▰【SPEED: 8】▰【AGILITY: 8】▰【ENDURANCE: 10】▰【CHAKRA: 4,950 || 5,000】▰【STAMINA: 5,000 || 5,000▰【NATURE CHAKRA: 1,500 || 1,500

Technique Used:

Technique Active:

Active Effects
Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Active
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Reiken no Michi Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes

Class Information
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3

Weapon Specs
Ability Summary:

Evil Toaster Yokai

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:35 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
    Shinji let out a thoughtful hum as Kenshin explained the decline in Ninshu followers as a shift in the way people viewed chakra. "Yeah, that makes sense. Whenever we go through periods where the entire Shinobi way of life is under threat, we're not really in a position where we can teach fledgling ninja the full depth of the resources at their disposal. It's a little sad if you ask me. I imagine that's where the disconnect started. A past war forcing people to raise soldiers, trimming down the information they were given to the bare minimum they needed to be the best warriors they could at the time, and having that way of thinking trickle down through the years," he said, almost absent-mindedly, following his stream-of-consciousness on the subject until it made some sort of sense to him. "Yeah, that sounds about right. Maybe, I don't know. I'm not an expert on the subject."

As Kenshin continued, this time delving more into the specifics of the religious path, he cooked an eyebrow. "Order, law, and justice huh?" From the little he knew of the man standing before him, those three descriptors were things Kenshin held in the highest regard. He couldn't help but wonder if his devotion to Ninshu was a result of his passion for justice, or if it was the other way around. "If that's lightning, what are the others like?"

The mention of the various antagonistic forces from recent years left a sour taste on Shinji's tongue. As Kenshin listed them off, brief flashes of old memories bubbled their way to the surface. Kagami's confrontation with Toso in the Spire, a battlefield during the clash with the Samurai, and the aftermath of the riots in Arashi. Each of these groups had left a mental scar on his mind in their own way.

Kogarashi's invasion of Arashi was largely his first taste of the world he had stepped into. He hadn't been a genin very long before he had a front row seat to hear the stakes of that war straight from the leader's mouth. His attempt to help the effort against the Samurai had been cut short, and gave him a taste of what death would feel like. A terrifying experience, that changed his life in more ways than one. And now the Inshou Jashinists, who had played the citizens of the Storm like fiddles, and incited violent riots in the streets. He was on assignment away from the village at the time, and returned to find that Lady Miyuki had lost her life in the chaos. As a CORE agent, he had blamed himself for the way it played out. If he had finished that mission faster, or maybe left a clone behind, been better at his job…

He brushed those thoughts aside. Now wasn't the time to relive the greatest hits. Shinji nodded slowly. "Yeah, it makes sense. One ideal to create and uphold a way of life, and one that was set on destroying it. They were destined to clash. I wonder what made her change her outlook on the world. If she was meant to be a priestess, she had to have had a pretty strong belief in Ninshu, I assume. Was the fall of Kirigakure the tipping point for her? If that's the case, then what about you? If your home was destroyed tomorrow, would you also stray from the path? What makes your belief in Ninshu so ironclad?" His questions were genuine, and not meant to pry. Religion had never been a topic Shinji had given much thought to. He had instead spent his focus on honing his mind and body, sharpening his skills and instincts to better combat the threats to the village. But Kenshin's presence here had opened a new door, one that Shinji was willing to peer into.

[ Appearance Reference ]

Technique's Used:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Passive Effects:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Stats:
     || Strength [ 9 ]
     || Speed [ 10 ]
     || Agility [ 9 ]
     || Endurance [ 9 ]

Ephemeral Ozymandias

NAME HERE

NAME HERE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱Kenshin thought carefully about Shinji's initial response regarding the shinobi way of life being under threat. "That's true. What many don't know is that the reason the shinobi culture and the samurai culture are so different dates back to ninshu's origins thousands of years ago." The lightning sage was well-read on this subject and learned as much as he could about the samurai to increase his wisdom. He had to do so by drawing from many sources. "Shinobi ninshu is most focused on using chakra to connect others. It's communal in nature. Samurai ninshu is more individualistic. They focus on individual spiritual enlightenment through chakra and applying it to Bushido and the celestial realms from their golden dragon faith." Kenshin realized that his words were becoming increasingly abstract. He paused for a moment to think of a way to bring these ideas down to Earth. "Why do you think shinobi have spread all over the world and the samurai are isolated? It all goes back to their deepest roots in ninshu which later formed their cultures. By focusing inward the samurai became isolated and it's because the shinobi focused on connections that they spread so widely. The isolation has hurt the samurai but the interconnectedness hurt us as well. Shinobi connected with each other to form villages, nations, and enclaves. That's a recipe for war." The lightning lord was a philosopher at heart. He considered the virtues and vices of both approaches and sought to incorporate the best of both.

▱▰▱Shinji seemed less sure of himself, but this was natural. Kenshin was filled with self-doubt when he began his journey onto the path of ninshu enlightenment. When Shinji asked what the other elements of ninshu were like, he took a moment to gather his memory to ensure that he was imparting accurate information. "Firstly, there's non-elemental ninshu. That's how ninshu started, just pure focus on regular chakra. Adherents of non-elemental ninshu consider this the most traditional view. Fire ninshu is the recognition of the volatility of flame and the ability to control it. Fire is chaotic but it can also bring warmth, even life, if controlled through discipline. Then there's wind ninshu, which focuses on the turbulence of change. Wind ninshu followers think of the acceptance of change as a way to unite their followers. Earth ninshu is focused on nature, steadfastness, and stability to connect people. Lastly, there's water ninshu, their sages focus on bringing peace and resolving conflicts for water is soothing." Kenshin saw merit in all of these different approaches. He tried his best to fairly and accurately describe each sub-sect of the ninshu philosophy. "All of these views have merit and each is equally dedicated to the way. Ideally, ninshu followers practice aspects of all, but you must choose one path. For without choice and dedication, there cannot be enlightenment." This was the easiest way that Kenshin could think to explain how ninshu could be so divided yet united at the same time. "Choose the element that you wield and that you feel calls to you on a spiritual level. It may take a long time to discover that." Kenshin impared this wisdom on Shinji since he seemed interested in walking the path.

▱▰▱The Arashi sannin nodded as Shinji mentioned Kagami. "I believe that's true. Kogarashi agents that I've interrogated in the past have claimed that when Kirigakure fell and the three-tailed demon was released, it was sealed into her when she was young out of urgency. When the demon corrupted her chakra, I believe the water ninshu sages saw her as corrupted by Jashinism." Of course Kenshin understood that the only way to know was to ask her directly though that was impossible now. When Shinji asked the question, Kenshin answered it immediately without hesitation. "I would never violate my duty to ninshu. I cannot understand the motivations that caused her fall from grace and kill so many people." Kenshin was highly against Kagami's path and skeptical of her ability for redemption. He took a moment to inhale deeply before continuing. "If you take away a man's home, wealth, family, everything, what's left? His character, duty, and commitment. Those things must be given up and you must never surrender it. Remember that." Kenshin deeply believed that people needed to develop a strong moral constitution or else all would crumble.

Technique Used:

Technique Active:

Active Effects
Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Active
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Reiken no Michi Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes

Class Information
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3

Weapon Specs
Ability Summary:

Evil Toaster Yokai

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:25 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
    ”Wait, really?” The idea that samurai and shinobi shared a common core philosophy at the root of their ideals seemed an obvious enough concept, but the revelation that the origins of Ninshu is what ultimately lead to the development of those two ways of life gave their differences a new, sharp perspective. Suddenly Shinji felt as if he should have been taking notes over this. As Kenshin went on to explain the fundamental differences between the samurai and shinobi cultures, he pinched his chin between his thumb and index finger, allowing the Lightning Sage’s words to create an increasingly vivid picture.

”I see. So then, would you say that finding some middle ground between individual spirituality and broad connection is the key to trying to find peace? If you’re too closed off, you can’t grow properly, but if you have too many connections that’s a breeding ground for envy and greed.” He let his mind continue following that train of thought for a moment before Kenshin brought him back to reality with his explanation of the variety of Ninshu practices. To Shinji, it sounded as if the ideals in the broadest form of Ninshu were meant to be the building blocks to create a society, and the elemental focuses that branched from it were the tenets that would keep said society together. Accepting change, steadfastness and stability, finding control in chaotic forces, law and order… conflict resolution.

”This might be more of a philosophical question, but if her chakra was corrupted, then do you think that her warped view was from that corruption, or do you think it just made it easier for dark impulses to fester in response to how she was treated after the corruption? What if she didn’t stray from the path at all, but instead she was just pushed into approaching it the wrong way? What if getting rid of shinobi was her way of trying to instill some sort of permanent resolution to the cycle of conflict we seem to be in?” By no means was Shinji a fan of her methods, but he would be remiss if he didn’t at least point out the possibility that her transition from a priestess initiate to the leader of a group set on destroying the shinobi way of life could be explained by a radical devotion to Ninshu. Radical ideas were known to creep into the minds of even the most diligent people from time to time. Hell, some bad publicity and a few background players fanning the flames was enough to cause the people in Arashi to riot. Shinji offered only a nod in regards to Kenshin’s advice regarding character, duty, and commitment. He knew he was a dutiful person, but he had yet to really think about his own character, or how deep his commitments ran. That was likely something he would need to introspect to find out. In comparison to the man before him, Shinji was like a baby bird, barely having left the nest. Sure, he was able to move on his own, make his own decisions, but spending his time rapidly moving from one place to the next left little time for him to reflect on who he had become as an individual.

[ Appearance Reference ]

Technique's Used:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Passive Effects:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Stats:
     || Strength [ 9 ]
     || Speed [ 10 ]
     || Agility [ 9 ]
     || Endurance [ 9 ]

Ephemeral Ozymandias

NAME HERE

NAME HERE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱Kenshin enjoyed teaching Shinji about Ninshu. It was deeply gratifying to know that he was broadening his comrade's spiritual horizons in this way. He nodded when Shinji asked about finding a balance between the shinobi approach of interconnection and the individual spiritual enlightenment approach of the samurai. "That's exactly correct." He agreed with Shinji's astute observation and did not feel the need to add more to it.

▱▰▱When Shinji asked about Kagami's motivations, it was an interesting inquiry that he had never considered himself. "That's possible, but only if the seal was malfunctioning and not protecting her. The demonic seals are able to separate the tailed beast's chakra from your own." Kenshin considered the possibility but he did not find it to be likely. Having a demon sealed into someone else was unlikely to be influential until the demon's voice was discovered and the seal made more malleable from training. "In any case, it's easy to find flaws in shinobi society. What's difficult is coming to a lawful solution. Many people try to take the easy way out by just tearing it all down. But where would that leave us? Maybe with even more war than we have now." Kenshin was always resistant to revolution, lawlessness, and, in a word, chaos. "I've heard reports of Kogarashi remnants. It's hard to believe that they're still clinging to their failed rebellion after all this time. In doing missions for the village, you may come across them. They're radicals so they may leave you with no choice but to eliminate them." Kenshin shared this information with Shinji because given Shinji's jinchuriki status, there was no doubt that he would continue to become an elite shinobi in the village. "Is that something you and Gyuki are prepared for? It's something to consider during your training." Such matters were essential for consultation between demon and host.

Technique Used:

Technique Active:

Active Effects
Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Active
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Reiken no Michi Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes

Class Information
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3

Weapon Specs
Ability Summary:

Evil Toaster Yokai

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:43 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
    Shinji placed a hand against his navel as Kenshin explained some of what the demon seals were capable of. ’Does this seal really do that?’ He asked, posing the question inwardly towards his ox-featured companion.

Gyuki remained silent for a moment more before letting out a deep, almost exhausted sigh. ’You really are clueless. Of course it does, how else did you think our chakra’s were being separated?’

’Hey now, that’s rude. I just thought that it was because we were two different individuals. I didn’t think that it was this seal keeping them apart.’ Gyuki let out another sigh, but offered no further response on the matter. ’Fine, you just sit there and keep being a grump.’

Shinji withdrew from his mental conversation with the beast and exhaled a sigh of his own. ”Man, why does it have to be so complicated? Though I guess nothing worth it is ever easy. That’s what they tell me anyway. I’m not really sure what all would have to go into a decent solution, but I imagine it would have to be something everyone is collectively okay with. That, at least, I know can be pretty difficult. I mean, even now people go to war because they have conflicting opinions on things.”

Shinji reached into his kimono and withdrew a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. ”You don’t mind if I smoke, do you?” As he waited on Kenshin’s response, he proceeded to babble on about the question asked of him. ”I don’t think Gyuki and I have ever really discussed something like that before, so I can only speak for myself here,” Shinji was fairly certain he knew the reports Kenshin was referring to. It wasn’t something that was at the forefront of his radar, but it was still something noteworthy he had been informed of shortly after returning to active duty in the ANBU, but wasn’t necessarily able to focus on considering the current ongoing crisis. Whether the Sannin was privy to information regarding the Black Ops members’ identities wasn’t something that Shinji knew, so he chose to play dumb for the sake of anonymity.

”If there really are Kogarashi members still running around, then that just makes matters more volatile in my opinion. We’re already dealing with Jashinists threatening to destroy the world, it’d be harder to focus on that if we also have some bitter old Kogarashi agents getting up to their brand of trouble while our attention is elsewhere.” He rubbed his chin in thought. ”Of course, ideally arresting them and interrogating them for more information would be ideal, but if push came to shove I could probably take them out. I mean, if there isn’t any other choice then I don’t think I’d have any moral qualms with it. That’s just my opinion though. I’ll…. Have to talk to Gyuki to get his take on it.”

[ Appearance Reference ]

Technique's Used:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Passive Effects:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Stats:
     || Strength [ 9 ]
     || Speed [ 10 ]
     || Agility [ 9 ]
     || Endurance [ 9 ]

Ephemeral Ozymandias

NAME HERE

NAME HERE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:08 am
User ImageUser Image
▱▰▱The shinobi sentinel just nodded quietly when Shinji opined that there were no easy answers to questions of peace and conflict. When Shinji reached for a cigarette and a lighter, Kenshin raised an eyebrow. Before he lit the cigarette, Shinji politely asked if Kenshin would mind if he smoked. "I do mind." He stated sharply and in a way that many who knew Kenshin would precisely expect, but there was more to it than simply being a stickler. "I quit last year and I'm trying not to relapse. I was addicted for most of my life but stopped when Ada got pregnant. I think I'd rather fight the last two wars over than give up smoking again." Kenshin was able to quit based on pure willpower but loathed every second of it. He did not use nicotine patches or any other remedies, believing that it was best to rely on his own sense of internal discipline. "You should stop that, you know. It makes even great young warriors like you weak. You'll run out of breath faster, won't run as far, and will die sooner." Kenshin lectured, in truth he knew that he used to smoke to dull the pain of loneliness, a horrific childhood, and the stresses of being a soldier and police shinobi. He was stern with Shinji but it was all coming from the right place.

▱▰▱When Shinji mentioned the challenges of facing ex-Kogarashi agents, Kenshin shrugged. "The good news is that there aren't very many of them left. Have you heard the tales of Kagami's island?" Rather than waiting for a response, the sannin explained it immediately. "That's where Kogarashi went when they lost the war and the institute was destroyed. Kagami used her immense chakra to rip a piece of land off the Water Country and moved it as an independent island in the remote ocean. She then shrouded it in Isobu's thick genjutsu fog so it was impossible to find. Satoshi was raised there before Kagami gave him to Toso." The name that Kagami gave the island escaped him, but he remembered the general details from back when Arashigakure was still trying to find them. "But that's the kind of power that's in store for you if you find harmony with Gyuki as she did with Isobu." It was inspiring in its own way though Kenshin believed firmly that such power was misused by her. "Regardless, Kogarashi might still be on that island out in the Kaiju Ocean. With Kagami dead, I suspect the fog has cleared so it'll be much easier to find." Kenshin wondered if Shinji might take this as a possible mission in the future.

Technique Used:

Technique Active:

Active Effects
Byakugan Status:
• Inactive
Tenseigan Status:
• Active
Human Sage Mode Status:
• Inactive
Reiken no Michi Status:
• Inactive
Status Effects:
• None

Personal Attributes

Class Information
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3
E-D - 0
C-B - 1
A-S - 2
S+ - 3

Weapon Specs
Ability Summary:

Evil Toaster Yokai

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Evil Toaster Yokai

Distinct Hunter

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:06 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
    Shinji nodded and tucked the pack of smokes back into his kimono. ”Noted. Good on you then, I’ve heard the withdrawals can be quite a beast.” His head cocked slightly sideways and his eyes drifted up towards the sky. The habit wasn’t something that he was proud of, but he hadn’t put much effort into quitting either. If Kenshin would be willing to relive the last couple of wars over than deal with kicking smoking again, then it had to be rough indeed. The nicotine was something that he had used for a while to help him better manage stress in his day-to-day life, but lately he noticed that he had been calmer. Not necessarily level-headed, but definitely less prone to feeling the effects of the high-stress events of his job lately. ”You’re probably right, quitting would be better in the long run. Congrats on the baby, by the way.”

Kagami’s island was an interesting bit of information. Much like the rumors of the Kogarashi remnants, the island that was believed to be their last known location was something he had been informed of, but never looked further into. From what he understood, the higher-ups had believed it to be incredibly hard to find, due to a number of factors that he couldn’t remember. The genjutsu fog being the main issue. ”That’s some crazy power she had. You really think I’d be able to do something like that if Gyuki and I can harmonize?”

’Do you think it’s impossible?’

”It’s not like that,” he began to say out loud, pausing when he realized he was once again verbally responding to Gyuki in the company of another. ”Er…. Not to say that I doubt the level of power that a perfect jinchuriki has, but pulling a piece of land off and making your own island just seems..” Shinji paused to find the right word. ”Absurd.” He didn’t respond to the theory that the island would be easier to find. That was something he would take to his captain first. If the island truly was visible now, then going to check for Kogarashi agents might be worth the effort while there was a lull in the jashinist activity, if only to prevent any future problems they might cause.

[ Appearance Reference ]

Technique's Used:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Passive Effects:
     ||
     ||
     ||

Stats: