[PRP] thick skinned, hard heart [ haveli + dynzrak

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:48 pm
Candidate chores were a complete and utter slog, a waste of time and (in her opinion) resources that would be better suited elsewhere. With the premise of a double clutch looming overhead like a thick cloud full of rain, Haveli understood there was so much more the Weyr could be doing than casually going about a daily routine. They needed to be making schedules, making plans - preparing for the fact that candidates from Western would be coming and it was quite plausible several of them would remain in High Reaches as riders.

Thankfully someone had the mind to suggest they clean out more of the Weyrling barracks, making sure everything was set and ready for the upcoming set. Sure it was months away, months and months and ever so long, but Haveli felt like getting a jump on where she might eventually be staying was a good idea.

And so, on a sunny day that was more humid than anything else, Haveli found herself airing out a small section of the barracks and smashing down dust with a broom. Not quite a mistake, but not exactly pleasant either.

Tsunake
last...one i promise...for now...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:35 pm
The Queens were taking their sweet time laying their clutches, Dynzrak thought ruefully, only half-focused on his task of helping to air out some of the mustier areas of the barracks. He'd very likely be in these rooms soon, he mused to himself, allowing a small and secret smirk to curl at his lips. Him and his new bronze companion, of course. The sleekest, shiniest bronze... The sound of a broom thumping was enough to draw him out of his reverie, idly arching a brown at the blonde girl. She looked like she'd been bitten like a tunnelsnake--and she'd bit back.

"So?" He offered idly, returning to his task at hand. "How much longer, you'd wager?" It had to be soon. Far be it from him to be impatient, but scrubbing dishes and shoveling herdbeast s**t was not how he intended to spend the rest of his life. Not for much longer.

After this Hatching, his whole world would change. Dynzrak was very confident of that.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:14 pm
"Ugh." Rather than respond in a conventional manner to the question being asked, Haveli chose to groan - whether it be towards her unwanted conversation partner or towards the dust that attacked her face like a punch was up for debate. Either way her mouth and chin were wiped clean with the palm of her hand, eyes squinted in annoyance that she was clearly the only one working hard if someone felt the need to speak.

When finally ready to speak, mouth sufficiently clean enough from dust and bitter words, she turned to give the redheaded individual a very tight-lipped smile. Her business smile, she sometimes called it; the sort that also hopefully got the message across that whomever she was smiling at was wasting her time. "Considering it takes dragons about three months from flight to being gravid to actually clutching, gee - I don't know. How long has it been since the two golds went up? Count backward from today to that date and you'll have your answer."

Again she hit the wall and released a mound of dust, careful to back up and avoid getting showered. Several bugs scampered into the gloom nearby, though one was unfortunate enough to find itself underneath the heel of Haveli's well worn boot. "Though if you're fishing for my opinion, I'd say not soon enough. I'm not cleaning these barracks like this only to have them sit empty for a few more months - this Weyr has absolutely no grasp of time management."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:40 pm
A brow arched when she turned to give him a smile, noting the strain without much interest. The comment was like a whip crack, and Dynzrak snorted--and promptly sneezed from the dust. Rolling his eyes, he wiped his nose, grabbing some of the abandoned blankets to air them out with a quick snap of his wrists... which, naturally, sent more dust up in the air. "Oh, calm down. You've cut me with your razor wit, I got it. Kill me for starting small talk."

When she finally unbent enough to actually answer him like a normal person though, the redhead rolled his eyes. "Tell me about it. It's like they didn't expect, you know, more dragons now that Thread came back. Absolutely shocking. But hey, it sure fardling beats stable duty." Even if he'd grown up mucking stables.

This girl on a gold would be a nightmare. Ending up in her bed would be like trying to mount a wher. Except maybe a little more interesting, and a little less lethal. But only a little. And on that note-- "So? Gunning for the grand prize? Or will a green serve you just fine?"

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:15 pm
While Haveli could appreciate power chasing, the fact that many seemed to think you could only do it if your crotch rested atop something shiny was annoying. To get places you needed doors to open and while a gold or bronze would certainly allow for that, you didn't always need a dragon to get into a bed. You didn't even need a door, really, just that aforementioned crotch and a willingness to close your eyes and imagine something else.

"I'd ask if you think you're going to end up on anything other than a bronze but it's written all over you. I could practically smell the metal lust as you sauntered over." There was another whack of her broom, more bugs and more dust; Haveli would talk and work since she was apparently capable of doing such a thing while her new conversation partner was not. "But for me, what do you think? Of course I want gold - of course I want power." It wasn't about rank or recognition, even if Haveli on a gold meant she was at the absolute bottom of a totem pole that extended entirely too high for her liking. "A green will do, but it'll be a tool for getting me to the places I want to be. It'll never be something I want."

Were there more people around Haveli would not have aired herself so openly, instead choosing to bite on her tongue and keep her words soft and sweet. High Reaches was a place where those who shone in more ways than one were rewarded, and if she wanted to be able to live the life she deserved then she needed to sparkle. "But how about you? Would you settle for a green, Mr. Bronzechaser?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:32 pm
A sharp grin tugged at the corners of his lips at that, but Dynzrak made no move to deny her words. A bronze suited him and nothing less, naturally. And for Faranth's sake, it was good to hear someone else admit to wanting the best. "Shards and shells, thank you. So many people here pretend like they'll be overjoyed to get a green or even a white." Not everyone could be a leader, of course, but to hear boys claiming a green would suit them just fine? Please. Maybe they did deserve to have girls riding blues and browns. They could at least handle themselves.

"No." He said, shrugging as he did. "You might be able to use a green, but I can't. Not for what I want." It was as simple as that. But he knew that he was destined to be a dragonrider. He may have failed when his family was concerned, but here? No one knew him. He'd attracted the attention of a Lady Holder's daughter, and as a result, been granted privileges he'd never dreamed of having before. Learning to carry himself like a lord, to fight with a sword like any noble's son would have?

He'd rise far above just a farmer's son.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:17 pm
Haveli snorted at Dynrak's words. "Anyone who acts overjoyed over that likely deserves a green. Let them be fodder for Thread, at least I can enjoy the free food at the memorial service afterward." But oh how her words came out just like strikes from her broom - hard and strong and destroying. The spot she was attacking was clean enough without the need to keep coughing and so she lowered down her weapon. "And for you to think you couldn't use a green is just as ridiculous. Get her into a flight, get into the bed of someone in power. If you're not willing to do whatever it takes to get what you deserve then perhaps you'll have to settle for what you get."

It was wrong of her to be so snappy when she knew that hardly anyone on the planet was willing to go as far as she was, willing to do the things she'd do. For the sake of power, for the sake of security, just for....what she wanted most. Ambition and greed admittedly colored her day to day life but that would not stop her in the slightest. There was no small amount of shame in her actions or words, and she would never look back with regret or remorse. Let this boy here try and say something - he'd simply be a bridge she'd burn. Happily.

"Anyway, you obviously didn't come over here to listen to my personal thoughts. You just want your own opinion given back to you in a slightly higher voice."

Tsunake
sorry this took so long to reply to D: if you'd like to drop or continue please let me know!

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games