Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mini Gaia Community Guild~

Back to Guilds

This guild was meant to bring all of the Gaians together, and make a friendly, stress-free environment for everyone! 

Tags: earn gold, mini shops, contests games, charities, arts 

Reply [✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]
I Need To Rant... (FACEBOOK SUCKS!!!!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is you're favorite social media platform?
  Facbook
  Twitter
  Instagram
  SnapChat
  Myspace
  Tumblr
  Gaiaonline
View Results

Neko Akashi

Floppy Kitten

14,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:51 am
Just as a heads up, this post is off topic and is about facebook and NOT gaia, but I'm posting it here incase anyone has any idea how to help me and since I cannot get in my facebook atm to ask my friends and family for help and advice. I also don't use any other form of social media...

So within the last 24hours, my facebook account got hacked. The hackers changed both the email and phone number attached to the account so I can't use any of the recover options for it. I created a new account since that was the only way I could ask for any kind of help in facbook's help center and to let my friends and family know that my previous account has been hacked. Well then, facebook decided that me warning my friends and family, as well as reporting my page as hacked, and trying to contact them about the issue, was "suspicious activity" and forced my to add a profile pic to verify it's me. So I added the picture of me and they locked me out of my new account anyway....
THIS IS SO FREAKING DUMB!!!!!

First off, what kind of idiot made it so you can only ask for help at there help center if you are logged into facebook!? IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!
Second, I was only letting my immediate family and close friends know about the hack. It's not like I was messaging all 200+ friends on my old account, there was only about 12 people that need to know. Now I know the easiest solution to this would to just send everyone a text message, unfortunately my phone completely died last month before I left for AX and I had to get a new one. I have a no contract prepaid phone so I couldn't get a data transfer with the new one. I did post the issue on facebook immediately and told everyone to call or text me, but only my Mom, sister, and landlord did, so sending a group text to warn people is out of the question.
Lastly, Ive been locked out of the new account for over 3 hours now! I don't even know If I'll be able to get in since facbook's facial recognition will more then likely thing I'm a fake account posing as my old one.
I'm so angry right now and I don't know what to do! My luck the last few weeks has kind of sucked. I lost my wallet 2 weeks ago and had to replace everything and now my facebook account is hacked! Luckily I didn't keep any person info on my account, but it is inconvenient.
WHO NEEDS FACEBOOK ANYWAY, MYSPACE IS BETTER!!!

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. I'd appreciate the help!
Anyway, It's almost 8:00am, I'm going to bed and hopefully I can get into facebook when I wake up..... I doubt it thou.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:55 pm
sorry i don't have any to help you without doing a Google search or seeing if facebook has a phone number to call sad

facebook? people still use it? ok then
tbh i never have liked facebook its just too much for me but my cousin could tell you first hand how stupid many policies are. i watched him in frustration about a year ago try to log back in and needing help. i think he honestly went thru more than you did
he has nicknamed facebook "facecrap" or worse. since my cousin is in this guild idk how much he would want me to say but yeah hes had his issues too

+1 or <3 to show support  

CASPER THE FRIENDLY GOD

Starlight Path

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:53 pm
Facebook does suck. I lost one account and they say I can not have it back. Funny thing is that was last year so they contact me this year to ask me who is on that account and I said no one should be and you would not let me on. So why make us jump through hoops to get our own accounts back yet some one can have the account and they do not really seem to do anything but locked me out. Yet the account gets new friends of whom ever has it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:10 pm
Serenity Sunshyne
Facebook does suck. I lost one account and they say I can not have it back. Funny thing is that was last year so they contact me this year to ask me who is on that account and I said no one should be and you would not let me on. So why make us jump through hoops to get our own accounts back yet some one can have the account and they do not really seem to do anything but locked me out. Yet the account gets new friends of whom ever has it.

I'm sorry to hear that cat_sad That really blows. It looks like their doing the same to me since they disabled my new account that I used to want my family about the hack  

Neko Akashi

Floppy Kitten

14,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100

Starlight Path

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:51 am
Neko Akashi
Serenity Sunshyne

I'm sorry to hear that cat_sad That really blows. It looks like their doing the same to me since they disabled my new account that I used to want my family I kI knowcccccnowabout the hack

It is okay just frustrates me quite a bit. I am sorry about your account.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 pm
Serenity Sunshyne
Neko Akashi
Serenity Sunshyne

I'm sorry to hear that cat_sad That really blows. It looks like their doing the same to me since they disabled my new account that I used to want my family I kI knowcccccnowabout the hack

It is okay just frustrates me quite a bit. I am sorry about your account.

I found out today that the hackers deleted everything. My stepmom sent me a screenshot of it and its completely blank cat_gonk  

Neko Akashi

Floppy Kitten

14,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100

god n1t30wl xiii ssc
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:17 pm
i am the cousin casper spoke of and facebook and me just dont get along.

https://gethuman.com/issue/Facebook/62Vf/I-have-been-hacked-and-would-like-a-facebook-account-closed-The-name-of-the-account-i

https://gethuman.com/customer-service/Facebook

https://gethuman.com/contact/Facebook

maybe these can help you out  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:14 am
i use facebook cause i have family in another state and lots of friends too plus i also sell my hand made cat toys  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25
[✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items