Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Unexpected Encounters (Phryana + Keris)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:38 pm
Kitchen duty once more. It wasn't a task she minded in the slightest, though all the cooking was done for the moment. The tall woman had a broom in hand, carefully sweeping the floors even as she allowed her mind to wander. Had she already been in High Reaches for a few months now? Strange. Time flew when one wasn't having to scrounge upon the streets in order to survive. She could hardly say she'd made any close connections so far, but she had noted several interesting people of note that would likely benefit her, if she could befriend them. The more contacts she had, the better. Once she was truly settled in the Weyr, well, then she could prune the list.

So lost in her thoughts, the dark-haired woman failed to realize she was not alone in the kitchens. A small, slender thing, beautiful and sure of herself--and judging from her garb, someone of higher rank than herself. Phryana took her in an instant, immediately calculating what face she would need before her eyes froze upon the woman's abdomen.

Oh. There was no mistaking the swell of her belly, and despite herself, Phryana felt a strange twist of... warmth? Everyone in the brothel was careful to take the proper herbs to prevent pregnancy. Those who didn't were immediately dismissed of the brothel once it became known. Though the young woman had never even considered the possibility of children, that did not mean she disliked them. The emotion and resulting memories disgusted her as soon as she recognized him, though the Candidate was careful to keep her expression pleasant. "My lady," She swept into an elegant curtsy, keeping her eyes downcast as was fitting of her station. "I apologize. I didn't mean to intrude upon you. May I offer my assistance?"

A Candidate was not a servant, but Phryana found that deference was a useful default in any situation when faced with an unknown. And who knew? Granting the favor of someone higher in station could always be beneficial.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:07 pm
No one had ever warned her what the irritations of pregnancy could be. Suddenly having energy and able to do so much was a blessing. So was the odd way in which she seemed to glow, much like Carica before she rose. Yet her body seemed to have it backwards, glowing after being knocked up. That wasn’t the worst, for when she glanced in reflections, she often found she looked prettier than she remembered. Her belly was starting to swell, enough that it was showing yet not quite enough to warrant the large clothes she’d been gifted. She could still fit into her nicer pieces, and she’d take every advantage of wearing them.

What she didn’t like?
These damn cravings.

She’d found herself in the kitchens after a meal, rooting around for something on the sweeter side. Maybe savory? Yes, savory. A few spare meatrolls she’d been able to find. Dipped in a bit of icing. It was an odd combination that felt like the best thing she’d ever tasted, even after such luxurious meals both in her Hold and now here at the Weyr. But Keris had washed her dishes diligently, not wanting someone to come back to find a few dirty dishes, or even possibly get someone in trouble.

Carica was the one to alert her to the presence of someone, the small waves of zeroed-in interest. Keris turned, a bit surprised to see a candidate in the kitchens in there as well. How long had they been in the same room and not been aware of each other? Her amber eyes scanned the tall candidate over, from her dark hair to the candidate knot on her shoulder. But what caught her eye was the scar that snaked from the side of the beautiful woman’s face and down her neck. A survivor, it seemed. At first glance, she could only guess. But that certainly didn’t look like any baby dragon-inflicted wound.

“Oh, certainly no need for that. Even if it’s appreciated.” Yet she let that appeasement settle, smiling. Was this demure behavior natural or learned? Seemed the game could still follow her.. “No intrusion. Seems I intruded on your chores, my apologies.” With an embarrassed flush, she waves at the few dishes she’d made. “I’m merely cleaning my own mess. Nothing that needs assistance. I believe I can handle a few dishes to clean still.” There’s a wryness to her words, almost teasing.

Yet she can’t help but to eye the candidate a moment, head falling to the side. Her blue-black hair following the movement. “Might you raise your eyes for me, future defender? I’m so unused to this Weyr’s hierarchy.” For after all, candidates were the future of Pern. Weyr politics have always been odd to her.

Tsunake

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:46 pm
"No--No, you didn't intrude." Phryana murmured, but paused at the mention that the woman would clean her own dishes. So, not a lordly type then. And the mention of lifting her eyes... The candidate obeyed without question, and was rewarded with the sight of those fiery eyes. To call them merely amber seemed a disservice, and Phryana found herself studying them for longer than she'd intended. She didn't start, allowing her eyes to lower modestly once more. A very pretty woman. This could be useful.

"I, myself, am not entirely sure of where I stand just yet, my lady. Our rank is an honorable one--chosen to perhaps one day defend Pern from its most hated enemy... but for now, we are the very bottom of the ladder."

It wasn't bad, truly. Some chores were far worse than others, but nothing compared to what her life had been before. Would this fine woman before her know anything of hardships? Phryana wondered. It didn't matter, much. This was a woman of taste and fine things... someone who may help her when her time on the sands inevitably ran out.

The dark-skinned woman let her eyes snap back up to the other's face, looking startled and ashamed all at once. "Forgive me. My name is Phryana, my lady." She smiled, albeit hesitantly, as though growing shy. "If... it isn't too bold of me, may I ask how far along you are? You almost seem to be glowing..."

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:54 pm
Keris wasn’t sure what she’d been expecting, but when those dark eyes raised and met hers it was all she could do to not start. Such depth, calculating and observant. No doubt playing the game and figuring the next three steps out. Such a lovely dark shade that she was curious for, wanting to know what was hidden in those deep pools. Yet sure enough, they lowered once more--and Keris found herself longing for the eye contact once more.

“An unfortunate placement to have Pern’s prospective defenders at the bottom of the ladder. I’ve met some in need of the humbling, but you?” She muses quietly, taking in the woman’s appearance. Nothing short of appreciative for the taller woman. It wouldn’t do to have someone with such a hidden fire in her eyes out of her reach. “I should think Pern would be in good hands if you were allowed to blaze your way to the top of the ladder.”

Yet that gaze was back, and Keris wouldn’t let herself admit how much she liked the dark shade of her eyes. But her gaze softened a bit, surprised. “Nothing to forgive. A pleasure to meet you, Phryana.” The smile on her face was evident, softer. “A strong name for a strong will.” But where were her own manners? “My name is Keris. I would curtsy, but I’m growing to the point where that’s on the more difficult side of movement.” She laughs softly, hand rubbing her belly gently. “Mm? Oh, certainly not. A fair assessment I’m not just pot-bellied.” The lightness was an odd, if not unwelcome change. When was the last time she felt as if she could actually joke with anyone, let alone a stranger? The compliment made her blush slightly, though she took it in stride. “Five months, just about into my sixth. Almost there.” And what a blessing that would be..

“What of you?” Her gaze cast to the candidate knots on Phryana’s shoulder. “Are you excited for this.. double hatching?” Despite the levity of her jokes, there was an odd catch to her voice, a gentle bitterness she could not quite let go of. But there was curiosity in her. After all, was there not excitement to be had of those chosen to be able to stand?

Tsunake

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas