Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:19 pm
User ImageThe mist was just starting to clear and turn into a gentle cold rain. He was out wandering in the Eventide lands. In truth he really didn’t have anything to do in particular but wanted some air. The other foxes who lived in this land were interesting and he had grown well accustomed to them, however he sometimes felt the need to go and clear his mind. Shivering his wings a soft hum entered the air around him as little water droplets fell off. He wondered if perhaps he shouldn’t at the end of his walk do some hunting to bring something back. He didn’t think they needed it as they seemed to have more then enough hunters to care for all.

Catching movement from the corner of his eye Mistwing turned to look up into a tree. A bird was busy protecting its mate from the rain with a wing. It was a sweet sight. Smiling the black and blue fox adjusted his mask slightly using a paw before continuing his stroll. He had not felt so relaxed in quite some time.

CascadingRayn
apologies it is short but I'm brain dead atm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:07 pm
User Image
Pixul emerged when it started to rain. 'What bad luck,' she thought. Too bad she was out on hunting duty. Oh, well. What was her duty must be done. The weather was quite damp today, and there was mist everywhere. Personally, Pixul wasn't a fan of the damp weather, but she did appreciate the mist that was just beginning to clear up. It gave the world this interesting view. It was like she wasn't in the same place anymore, but some magical faraway land. With the mist, every step forward was a step into the unknown. She could barely see 5 paces in front of her. Although, that didn't bother her much. She still had her other senses.

Pixul sniffed for prey. She locked in on a couple of birds. As she started to follow the scent trail, she didn't pay attention and ran straight into a tree. Whoops! As she slowly tried to get up, she saw the birds she was following, protecting each other from the rain. It was cute, too cute. It hurt her heart to think about hurting one of them, so she didn't. Today was their lucky day. As she walked away, she noticed a dark shadow in the mist and slowly approached.

Reoakee

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:08 am
At first he didn’t notice there was someone following him. He wasn’t sure what tipped him off first. Perhaps it was a rustle of the leaves. Perhaps something else? Still as soon as he was aware he darted forward hastily dodging through the trees. He quickly side stepped and turned around quickly crouching low. Eventide had a number of individuals who fed off blood so his first thought was he might be being hunted. His mask had slipped slightly covering his right eye. He tilted his head to use his front leg to slide it back into place. Was the stranger coming or had they figured out where he was and came behind him? Too many ideas rustled through his mind and he couldn’t even be sure it was a stranger. Perhaps it was a family member of a tribe member. If that was the case they might well just be lost. Internally he groaned and knew he would have to find them to find out. Just hiding behind a tree would not solve the conundrum.

Gathering his bravery he poked his head out from behind the tree and came face to face with a wave of teal and lavender. Where those pixie wings like his? That certainly eliminated a few options as to if they were related to the tribe or not.

CascadingRayn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:31 pm
Face to face with Pixul now was a black pixie. He was literally all black. At first, Pixul jumped into a pouncing stance, just in case he would attack her, but when he didn't she relaxed and looked at him curiously. What was he doing here? Was he not hunting? He didn't seem to have been looking around, but more like just standing there. After all, she had followed his shadow to him. Well, there could be many reasons as to why he is here in the forest, so Pixul decided to ask.

"Hello, what are you up to?" Pixul asked, "Are you out hunting like me?" She would definitely like some help hunting. The more she could bring back the better. She was pretty bad at the chore and often only brought back one or two small animals, but still, she was still sent out to hunt.

Or maybe he was enjoying the mist like her. There weren't many others out there that had a mindset like hers. Most of the time, she was lost in another world, and this mist definitely was a catalyst for her to imagine her mystical world.

Reoakee

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:15 pm
Turning over a number of questions in his mind when the vixen spoke he moved the thoughts aside and focused on her questions that was a good way to start. “No. I’m not hunting, just clearing my mind. As for what I’m up to.” He tilted his head and smiled. “I was trying to figure out how would be following me in the mist way out here in Eventide lands. Sorry about that.” He raised a paw to the bridge of his nose and tapped it. “I wasn’t sure if you were lost or a family member of one of the fledgling tribe that is trying to grow out here, but well you didn’t look like anyone so it surprised me.” So she was hunting? This meant she was a stranger here since he had never seen her with the tribe members. So she didn’t know there was a tribe hopefully forming in these lands? Well he didn’t blame her many tribes tried to form only to later disperse over the strange turns life takes.

“So what are you hoping to hunt?” If it was something he could help with then perhaps it would be better for her to get help so she could leave rather than risk meeting one of the crankier foxes who lived here.

CascadingRayn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:08 pm
"Yep!" Pixul replied. She was hoping to find something to eat. But, the mist was blocking her vision a good bit. Well, she did have her other senses, but it also seemed as if the mist had scared many animals from the idea of coming out of their homes. And...she was kind of not focused on food at all. The mist was just too attractive... She would rather just go and explore the area then find food. But, it would be too bad if she couldn't find anything. Food is important to life. At a time like this what should she do?

Well, right across from her was another pixie. Well....if he wasn't doing much, maybe he could help her? Would it be rude to ask though? Hmmm, she wondered, what should she do? But still, if he did say yes, and they finished hunting before the mist went away... she could explore around all she wanted! That sounded awesome!

"Also...uh would you mind helping me hunt? It's kind of hard with all the mist," she said, "I mean it's okay if you don't."

Reoakee

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:29 pm
His eyes widened in surprise that she even asked. She was an open one wasn’t she? “Yes the mist does make hunting harder.” Offering her a smile he nodded. “Certainly I don’t mind helping you hunt. Some of the tribe members are more irritable in this weather and would be less interested in helping a stranger. I am glad you found me.” Mistwing’s wings let out a soft hum as he vibrated them pleased he was saved from having to figure out how to offer help to a complete stranger and stumbling over that conversational mess. No the problem to deal with the hunt. “We are close to the tribe’s caves. If you seek game we should relocate.” He turned and started to head toward the edges of the forest and plain area of the tribe land. It was more likely to find rabbits or small game there and less likely to run into trees. The leaves below him crunched softly with each step though it was softer with the dampness from the mist. He tumbled over questions he could ask while they walked. “what brings you to this area? Traveling or seeking a home?” He knew enough foxes that wanted a home came to Eventide to settle down. Many more though did not know of its existence and were merely travelers.

CascadingRayn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:50 pm
Pixul followed the black pixie. They were going somewhere else to hunt, because apparently there were tribes here. Good thing she ran into him and not a tribe member, or she'd have to deal with people thinking she was stealing their prey. That would have been horrifying. As they walked along in the mist, Pixul found herself daydreaming, again. She completely missed the pixie's question. Embarrassed, she could only say, "Uh...could you repeat that again?" Well, as she thought back really quick, she thought...okay well she had caught some of the question...something about her home?

"Well, uh," she continued, "I'm not from here. I'm just here with some family as we are trying to find a new place to settle." She thought of how far they had traveled. It sure was a long way. This place was nice, but Pixul wasn't sure if her family would stay. Personally, she would love to settle down here. The place seemed nice and cool with the mist and stuff. But also, it was distracting and could be dangerous. She did hear about the tribes already here after all.

Reoakee

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:13 pm
He had been about to repeat himself when the vixen spoke again talking about her family. That was interesting. “Should your family be looking to settle I should tell you that a tribe is starting to form here. Time will tell if they disperse or solidify their place in this land.” He was new enough to the tribe that he could explain some parts of the tribe but nothing to great in detail. “The tribe here has several foxes that feed on the blood of other foxes, they only take from the willing, but it can be off-putting to see.” That should tell her what she might find in the tribe lands that could scare her. “The rest of the tribe is quite normal in supporting one another and living together.”

As he traveled toward the plains he was keeping his eyes out for signs of prey. He saw rabbit’s leavings and a number of signs saying they were active in the area. Lowering his nose down he started to sniff trying to catch the scent. He found a few possible scents. He didn’t know if it was a rabbit per say but it was a good enough path to take. Following it he picked up his pace and began they hunt. “this way.”

CascadingRayn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:11 am
Okay....blood-sucking foxes? To pixul, it really did seem like she had wandered into a very strange new land. She had never even heard of the concept until now. To her, it seemed a little disturbing and strange. Even if both sides agreed to it, it was just different than what she normally was used to. Maybe she could get used to it over time, maybe not? Well, there was a normal part of the tribe that did regular tribe stuff. Pixul wasn't sure what her family would say to staying in a place like this, but to her it was interesting. She, personally, was glad they had gone and traveled. Now, Pixul knows more around the world, and she's also been to so many places. But, soon, Pixul would like to settle down somewhere and call that place her home.

As the other Pixie called her, she snapped out of her thoughts and started after him. It looked like he was on to something. Pixul realized that she didn't even know his name. And he was helping her hunt. 'How rude of me,' she thought.

As they slowly track the scent of their prey she whispers, "By the way, what's your name? I'm Pixul."

Reoakee

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:44 pm
He about stopped short for a second realized he hadn’t given her his name. His fur darkened as he blushed. To be honest he wasn’t fond of his own name given his appearance and its simplicity. Still he was not the time to tell a falsehood. His voice was quite even considering their situation actively hunting. “My name is Mistwing.” He half expected her to laugh at him for his name. He also hoped he hadn’t offended her by delaying his introduction. His mind raced over the odd situation and how he could have been so scatter brained. Finally it settled on how new he was to this land as well as the unusual nature of their encounter. He tried to think about how awkward she must feel which left him with a certain amount of guilt. He tried to focus more on hunting so he wouldn’t feel as bad. Keeping an ear angled toward her he didn’t know what she might ask next or if she had a comment to make. He did not wish for her to feel ignored if she had a legitimate concern given what he had told her already.

He saw a number of smaller tacks now. They were definitely on track to find some rabbits.

CascadingRayn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:25 pm
Mistwing huh? Well, that name sure did describe her aquantinace's appearance. He was almost all black with some blue. It really did seem like a reverse version of the mist they were walking in right now. Not white, but black. That was really cool, plus the name had this feel to it. Like maybe he had secret magical powers. "I love your name!" Pixul cried out, "It makes you seem like some cool person with magical powers!"

Pixul wasn't sure is Mistwing had heard her since she saw him run of into a direction. Then Pixul saw why: Mistwing had found rabbit paw prints. Pixul now followed Mistwing in hopes of finding some food for her family.

Reoakee

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

Reoakee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:14 am
Magical powers? That seemed like a strange stretch. Mistwing didn’t even know what to say in regards to that. Thankfully his finding the rabbit tracks seemed to save him that awkward denial. After all how could he be cool or magical when he could hardly take care of himself in this wide world?

He followed the tracks as quickly as he could not wanting the rabbits to get away. He almost lost the trail as they dug under a shrub. And went back out over a rocky area near it making the tracks harder to follow until he found the trail again. Pixul was certainly interesting as she seemed focused. He had to admit he admired how dedicated she was in getting food for her family.

CascadingRayn
10 and up he will get a rabbit. anything below will be up to pixul

CascadingRayn rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:23 pm
Woah! Mistwing had caught a rabbit. That was impressive to Pixul. It was a quick and painless death for the little rabbit. Still it was sad to see such a fragile life go. Perhaps its life had gone into another world. And it got to go quickly with a less pain as possible. Maybe the little rabbit was enjoying itself in a field of imaginary flowers right now.

Pixul knew one rabbit would not be enough for her family. From the tracks they had followed, Pixul knew there were more rabbits around. She followed her nose around the area, and caught onto a scent. After following it for a while, she saw a bush shake. She crept closer, and then she pounced.

- same rules 10+ is a catch

Reoakee

CascadingRayn

Adorable Noob

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:51 am
Mistwing trotted up with the rabbit he had caught. It seemed Pixul was a capable hunter as well. Silently he thanked the small rabbits for their sacrifice. Setting down the rabbit he figured he would ask. “I ah..applogize I do not know how big your family is. How many rabbits do you need to hunt?” He should have considered this before. A rabbit might well work for a single fox as long as they were not starved for a meal but if it was a larger family, a deer would be better. The only issue after that was transporting it. Something like five rabbits might work better? He had a number of numbers rattling around in his head and it would be easier to silence them by just asking Pixul what she needed. He would help her gather anything she needed.

CascadingRayn
sorry for the delayed response I was working on things for my harpy shop whee

● RP Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas