Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:03 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image The nurse smiled, satisfied by the offer and all too happy to accept it. She didn't return the bow, instead putting the money behind the paper on her clipboard. "Think nothing of it, young man. We here at the clinic are rewarded by good results. According to Dr. Hoye's notes you were both at death's door. Broiled like a lobster and you had water in your stomach when you came in. You should be dead, yet here you are now. Healthy." Although blunt and a little rude, the nurse was smiling as she spoke. She was genuinely pleased he'd survived long enough to be treated and that the treatment was successful. She jotted down a few more notes, then handed him a few pieces of paper with a pencil. "Dr. Hoye was able to heal your face well enough, I can't see any scars. It looks like he was able to heal your other burns as well. Here. Fill this out. Just some information for our records. Answer the questions you can and we'll just deal with the rest later. It will be useful for the next time you visit, just in case. I have another question for you after this."

User ImageShe looked to Callisto, assuming Leon would do as she'd asked. "Now, for you here there's something I need to clarify first. It's written here that your arm was injured but not bleeding when you first came here. Even though you'd carried this man here. It says that when you returned there was a fresh injury made to it." The other nurse had complained about the amount of blood she'd had to mop up. It was obvious that being in the storm hadn't ripped out a section of flesh from the dark-elf's arm. Was she attacked? Did she do it to herself, as the other nurse had suspected?

User ImageCallisto was a bit distracted as the nurse asked her first question. She was wondering if he could have possibly done any other sort of work to earn money before. She recalled their attackers shouting to each other through the storm how much they'd get for the head of a mermaid. It made her heart sink a bit, just thinking that however long ago Leon was like that. She found it hard to believe but since he'd told her himself... How many non-human families did he say he'd destroyed? How many heads had it taken to fill his wallet? What exactly did humans consider to be a fortune? She snapped out of her thoughts as the nurse waved her hand in front of Callisto's face. Her vision was still blurry, everyone and everything looked like fuzzy shapes. "Um... Did you say something?" She asked with a small smile, deciding that this stuff had to come first.

User ImageAfter having the question repeated to her, her smile turned nervous.
"Oh! Uh..." She trailed off, trying to think up a good reason for it. "That--" She shifted, raising her hands and then in realizing that she had she instead put them on her hips. Then shrugged, deciding to go for broke. "I don't really remember. Nope. I don't." She thought the nurse didn't look very convinced so she just forced a smile and shrugged again. "I mean--I just remember wanting to get Leon here! The rest is a blur."

User ImageThe nurse made a note of it. She was obviously lying about it, but she had better things to do than to pester her for the truth. "Right." She handed Callisto a few papers and a pencil, as she had to Leon. "Here's some paperwork for you to fill out as well."

User ImageYes! She bought it! She thought victoriously, thrilled that for once lying had worked. Callisto happily extended a hand to accept the papers, missing them by a few inches. She still grabbed, expecting to feel the papers. When she didn't she quickly moved her hand from side-to-side until she found it. She brought the papers to her face, squinting as she looked at the topmost sheet.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:42 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon finished the papers, handing them back, and giving an odd glance at Callisto when she grabbed at the the papers and missed. Finally, he had enough.

"Nurse, will her eyesight be back to normal soon? I can't stand to see her struggle like this..."

He looked at Callisto as she squinted at the papers. Then he returned his look to the nurse, expecting an answer. If she needed glasses or something, that would be fine, but if Callisto would be like this forever, he wasn't sure how long he could stand being the cause of her pain.  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 pm
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User ImageThe nurse was vaguely surprised by his question. She'd thought that it was possible something was wrong with them, but had just assumed the girl was nervous. Who wouldn't say something if something was wrong with their vision? She didn't recall seeing anything in the doctor's notes about it, so she quickly started to flip through her papers in search of an answer. "Dr. Hoye's rest--"

User Image"I'm fine." Callisto interrupted firmly, lowering the papers in order to look between the two blobs she was addressing. She offered a tense smile and hoped that the topic would be dropped. She'd thought Leon would've caught onto the fact that she didn't want to talk about it. At least she'd hoped as much. Around others who didn't know her secret, she felt like she couldn't tell him without revealing what she was.

User Image"It's really no trouble, young--"

User Image "No. I'm fine." She repeated herself a bit more forcefully this time. Then returned her attention to the papers, squinting as she attempted to decipher what was written there. If only she could dim the lights... "Could I use your bathroom?" She asked, thinking that would be a decent enough solution for her problem.

User ImageThe nurse wasn't happy to have been interrupted. Twice. "... It's down the hall, first door on the right." She sighed, resigned to just let the girl do as she wanted. These two patients had been through quite a lot and if she didn't want treatment there was no helping it. She noticed how long it took the girl to open the door. Was she unable to tell where the doorknob was? There was definitely something wrong with her eyes. And why was she taking the forms with her to the bathroom? As the young woman left, the nurse's attention returned to Leon. "As I was saying, Dr. Hoye is resting at the moment as is Nurse Asiah. They spent most of the night working on you two and didn't retire until the early morning. There were even a few others who came in with severe injuries last night so for the moment they're unavailable. If either of you needs further treatment I can assist you with any minor issues or basic wound treatment."

User ImageShe looked through his notes once more just to double check that she hadn't missed anything. "There's nothing in his notes about her eyes being damaged. You were both struck by lightning last night, correct? Perhaps it happened then. All I can tell you is to return--if she decides she wants our help. Now, there's something else I need to ask you about in Dr. Hoye's place. He was able to heal the numerous burns and cuts on your body with the exception of the remaining scar on your chest. He wanted to know more about it. How and when it appeared and if you have any sensation in that area. He said when he was examining it, it looked like a magical wound." As she waited for his answer she checked the papers he'd filled out, just in case any of it needed amending.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:51 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

"I'm not sure what to tell you. We were out in the ocean fishing, then we fell into the water. We made it to a nearby island, where both of our wounds came from. Whether it was an accident or not, I wouldn't be able to tell you. It would absolutely explain her wound though."

Leon was absolutely lying through his teeth. But there was no way he could blurt the fact they had a skirmish with hunters, ending their lives. He sat down on the bed again, thinking over the events that had transpired.

"I'm worried for her..."  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:01 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User ImageThe nurse made a note of his answer, then slid her pencil back into her hair. "I'll be frank with you, sir. I think the two of you aren't giving me the whole picture here. You two had wounds that don't match up with those a shipwrecked person would have, in my opinion. But I'm not a guard. I'm not interested in getting either of you in trouble. I'm only asking these questions for the benefit of your health, and your lover's." She was partly telling the truth. She was already suspicious of the two of them, considering the type of injuries they'd had. There was also the unusual condition of the beach. Melted rock, sand turned to glass as well as some blood. "We can make sure the two of you get all the help you need but only if we know how your injuries happened. Dr. Hoye is a talented healer as you know and this island is protected if you're in trouble. Are you sure that's all you want to say?" Also, if these two were criminals or trouble makers it would be best for the clinic to avoid them.

User Image"Yup." Callisto chimed in, closing the door behind herself as she walked back in. Somewhere in the clinic she'd found a pair of sunglasses and was currently wearing them. "Here. We're going now." She held up the papers she'd been asked to fill out, having chosen to answer only a few. She handed it to the nurse, then went over to Leon. She grabbed hold of his hands with either of hers, encouraging him to stand up. "Leon, let's go, okay?" She said flatly, eager to get away now that the two of them were no longer on the verge of death. She was feeling quite anxious about pretty much everything and longed to get moving. Anywhere would be fine, as long as it wasn't here.

Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:06 am
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon followed her outside, then stopped.

"Callisto, whats gotten into you? Why are you so dodgy about your eyesight? Im worried! If we can get it fixed, we should!"

Leon held her shoulders, making her look at him. His eyes showed he was confused, and a tad scared for Callisto. What tgey had been through was terrifying, and demanding. But there was obviously lasting damage to her, that could be fixed. Why was she refusing help? Because of him?

"Sweetheart, please, tell me whats wrong! Ill do anything to make sure you're happy!"  

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:08 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image She was taken aback by his emotional state. It was completely unexpected, but she knew fairly quickly that she was the one who'd made him so upset. She didn't yet understand why, of all possible reasons she didn't know which it was now. "Uh..." For lack of anything else to say Callisto put a hand over one of his. "It's okay... Really. I'll be fine. I'm sorry... I don't want to go back in there." She wanted to explain herself but at this time the marketplace was bustling.

User Image
"I didn't mean to scare you... We should go somewhere. To talk?" She took a step in, giving him a quick hug. As she pulled back, she took one of his hands and started to lead him in the direction of the inn.

((Exit to the inn.))
Knight Of The Dark Void

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:40 am
Za'Vira Lucio

Red Gypsy

Rarian
if you want to continue roleplaying with her she's at the village

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Having been on the road to the village for a while, Za’Vira was amazed by the village, she casually walked through keenly aware of looks directed at her which kept her somewhat nervous, she’d been around human villages before and cities from the humans, and they didn’t take kindly of her being there which only had her hoping that these people weren’t the same otherwise she was going to be running for a while, coming in through the market, she glanced around what was being offered and was surprised by what was available, it seemed like this was a major hub for trade which only made this village that much more impressive. As she moved about the market she decided that she’d see about buying a few things that she has gone without for quite a while, though most of all she was going to have to find someplace to stay, she was tired of roughing it out in the woods which she couldn’t complain about, but this was but one of those times she wanted a soft bed to sleep on and a tub to clean up in.

Eventually she found a few things she needed and bought them without any trouble, surprisingly the people were easy to barter with which made it easy for her to get a few things she needed, though still very aware of the fact that people were looking at her and it was leaving her slightly unnerved, had these people never seen anyone like her before? Perhaps not, the Etsuma didn’t really go out of their own territory or villages, though she had to wonder if things didn’t change since her encounter with that boy who’d just run off on her so suddenly. Thankfully she didn’t run into anymore hunters which was a blessing but still…

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:49 am
Wolfe Garm

At one of the shops was a rather large male of undetermined race, wearing a red flannel shirt and jeans with boots on his big feet and a bushy beard on his face. In short, he looked like a logger out of place.

"Yeah, that's right, Cass has another one of those headaches. But Kota and Meryth are back to look after him and they need supplies. Have you still got that tea Kota likes? ... And the coffee for Cassius? ... Good, now I just need to get the food from Ainsley's shop... I know, I wish we could get a healer to look at him. I'm just not sure about anything but herbal healing on him with us not knowing what that headache's about. He's never had them before, aside from the one two years ago. ... Nah, only thing that made him feel better was brushing his hair... But I'll get to it. We'll put together another box for tomorrow. ... Yeah, you can help put it together and have a couple of the kids deliver it," he said, his voice carrying more than the shopkeeper he was talking to.

The big male moved on to another shop further on, but paused briefly beside the herbal shop. If he knew what to get for their resident siren, he'd get it. But herbs weren't his thing. Not unless they went into his ale...

He shook his head and moved on to a couple of food vendors, letting them all know the same information.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:02 am
Za'Vira Lucio

Red Gypsy

Za’Vira continued walking when she overheard a man and stopped to watch him being much taller than the humans wasn’t hard for her to see where he was and considered leaving it be, after all she was new there and didn’t really want to attract the wrong kind of attention to her presence there, the shop owners seemed nice enough but that was because she understood how to barter since her own kinsmen use a similar thing when dealing with goods. Eventually Za’Vira couldn’t ignore this as she watched him go to a herbal shop and clearly was confused on what he could get and finally walked towards him and when she was close simply laid a hand on his shoulder “excuse me, apologies I couldn’t help but overhear what you were saying at one of the shops and wondered if you needed help with an herbal remedy for a headache?” she was sticking her neck out and hoping that they didn’t tie a rope around it and hang her for butting in, since this place did seem to be a human village as far as she could tell, she really didn’t know what to look for in terms of identifying any other race, her tail twitching a bit more than usual due to being somewhat nervous as she stood there.

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:11 am
Wolfe Garm

Rex didn't hesitate. He seemed to have an instinct for telling the good people from the bad and simply gave this female the respect she deserved. He gave her a nod then a shrug of one shoulder, "It's a bit more than a headache, actually... He has to lay in a dark room, absolute quiet, he's nauseous if he moved at all, and he can't really describe how much pain he's in. Last time this hit him was two years ago and it lasted for two months," he explained to her simply.

Then he held out his beefy hand to her, "I'm Rex. I run the tavern down by the docks. Cassius is a Siren, if that helps you figure out anything for him. He's pretty special to all of us, the vain idiot..." he made introductions and had a smile at the end, showing that the insult was actually a sign of affection that he used alot.

In truth, he and Cass had been passing insults like that for a very long time and it had become a bit of a game for them.

"He's got his boys watching over him right now. I just hope this headache doesn't last as long as the last one did," he added as he rubbed the back of his neck a bit, "I'm working on getting supplies for them all. Cass can't cook, but Kota is real good at it, so I make sure that he's got plenty to work with... So..." he didn't want to admit that he'd come to like the younger Alichino and tended to spoil him...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:41 am
Za'Vira Lucio

Red Gypsy

Za’Vira shook her head and continued “I’m Za’vira, I’ve only just arrived to the island a few days ago. Sadly, that doesn’t help me to much but his symptoms seem similar to those that were seen in my village… In short sounds like he’s simply got a migraine, not an easy thing to identify if you’ve not dealt with them before.” Za’vira smiled warmly relieved that Rex was a nice guy and relaxed a bit. “there are a few things that can help with that provided you’re able to get the ingredients, I can assist if you’d like, and make remedy that should help” Za’vira was already thinking about what would be needed and hoped that the ingredients were available, most of them were fairly common so she didn’t see any reason that she wouldn’t be able to find them.

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:57 am
Wolfe Garm

Rex gave a heavy sigh and seemed to sag in relief briefly, "Thank you! Here, go in here and get what you need," he led her into the herbal shop and motioned to the owner, "Karza, give her what she needs. She can help Cassius with that headache of his," he told the surprisingly small female that ran it.

"Get what you need Za'Vira. I'll be right back. I just need to get the supplies for Kota and we can take that and you over there at the same time," he said simply then disappeared on her.

Karza stepped out from behind her counter with an easy smile, "Just tell me what you need, Miss..." she said in a soft voice as she tossed a dark brown braid over her shoulder, fully ready to collect the herbs as Za'Vira named them off.

Thankfully, collecting the herbs didn't take long and the woman was as fast about it as she was small. Za'Vira soon stood outside the shop with a basket containing the carefully wrapped herbs as Rex walked up to her and put a large hand on her shoulder, being careful not to knock her over, "Excellent. Come along and I'll take you to Cass' place. Don't misjudge the front of it, though. That's his shop. He may be vain and like to be admired, but he's got a good heart," he pointed out to her as he led her through the market with a box on one shoulder.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

∝══╬═══════════→ _________ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ

҉ ___Faolan Beathan___҉

ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ ײ ӂ _______∝══╬═══════════→

Faolan was mad, here it had been weeks aboard a crapped ship, and now that he and his brother had finally made port. He was being jostled and jarred by a huge crowd of people as they went about their lives. At least he was tall and his broad frame stood out and made for fewer jolts but still, the crapped space, and people were beginning to wear his patience thin. To top this he had lost track of his little brother who had snuck away when he was busy buying food and supplies for them.

"ye de'vil tak it!" he swear as his fit hit his hip in anger. " wher did the wee beastie go, and the wee cat probably saw tey his escape." he stopped and leaned himself against a wall and looked over the heads of the people at the stalls. he hoped he'd spot the blond hair of his brother of the black cat normal at his side. "tha iomadh dòigh air cù a mharbhadh" he said firmly as he put his hands in his sea coat's deep pockets. he closed his eyes and felt for the power of magick within himself, once he founded he muttered a spell of finding. he hated using his powers openly even if half-hidden. All the people and stall owners he had spoken to had given him no information as to the whereabouts of a young boy with a black cat. so e would use his powers to search. "ahh luck be with me.. a small hint." he said as he felt the touch of his brothers' magick upon the wind.

his eyes flashed as he got off the wall and stormed off to gather his brother. he slowly made his way through the market. He looked out to through the market and to other areas that would lead out of the town and up to the castle beyond sight. "wee beasties gone aheed. cant keep the wind from him he has to keep movin...like the water." he fumed the fire of his own magick in his hand deep within his sea coats pockets gathering to point the way.

*faolan leaves market heading towards the castle.*

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:45 pm
Razor was escorting Ginger and Widow through the marketplace, acting as bodyguard, packmule, and escort. While he and Ginger changed into black bears, one couldn't tell it from their outward appearance. Nor would one be able to tell by looking at her that Widow changed into a grizzly. Ginger was a tiny redhead, slim and petite, standing about five feet tall. Widow was a brunette with a naturally pale complexion, standing about five and a half feet tall, curvy, and as sweet as she could be fierce. Razor was a little over six feet, muscular, and favoring dark jeans, motorcycle boots, and a leather vest. He also had numerous tattoos from his history as a biker.

At one point, Ginger rode behind him. She was his sister and he was protective of her, something she didn't protest. She still wore the vest he'd given her so long ago. It kept other guys from bothering her and only a few people knew about the secret.

Widow was Pops' woman and everyone in the den knew it. She oversaw the women and kids, leaving the rest of them to look after the horses, finances, and protection. Pops ran the whole show for them.

Doc was their Beta, Razor was the Gamma, Tiny was the Delta. That was the hierarchy and none of them had a problem with it. Occasionally there'd be a challenge, but that was never a real issue.

Right now, he had no problem following the women as they moved through the marketplace looking at different stalls, bartering, buying a few things here and there. He had no problem carrying the items they picked up. He was just glad to see Ginger laughing again...  
Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff