Welcome to Gaia! ::

Modifoxes

Back to Guilds

The current Modifoxes shop guild! 

Tags: modifox, modis, breedables, adoptables, adopts 

Reply ● RP Forum
[PRP] Moonlight mothers (Rios x Nuishan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:01 am
User Image
She sat curled with her tail around her precious babies. It had been quite the surprise from the deities that she had ended up with them. In truth she had been passing close to a tribes land and had stopped to rest for a few days as she was tired of traveling. She knew she had been followed for a few days but as she gave no sign of being a threat and had not been attacked she figured her presence had been tolerated. Then came the storm it was the kind that can only happen when the mountain air comes into contact with a lower lake. Rios had taken cover from the deluge and to her surprise a grey fox had come in to join her. They didn’t really have much to say and the noise from the storm would have drowned it out anyway. The storm cleared leaving a good chunk of the night before dawn would break. There had been two BCRs and two hungry foxes. Rios instinctively curled around the BCR as it seemed the grey fox had a marking on it. Rios hoped it was the tribe’s marking but she didn’t know enough about the tribe to be certain for all she knew it could be an enemy of the tribe. Or perhaps part of the tribe but not a friendly part. Her stomach overruled the start of the conversation she had started. Blushing she curled protectively around the BCRs more just in case this fox was the kind to eat its young. If that were the case it would be in for a fight. Interestingly enough the gray fox didn’t leave until it seemed sure Rios wasn’t going to eat her babies either. That was good sign she supposed. Waiting in the darkness she wondered if the other fox had simply taken off or gone to get food. She hoped the second as the eyes of the other fox were not unkind from what she could tell in the dark. It was hard though as Rios was more of a day fox then a nocturnal one. She was tired and hungry and just wanted to curl up and sleep. Still she would not leave her babies unguarded. If the other fox didn’t come back soon she would take her babies and relocate to another spot where no one knew where she was an rest there then hunt in the morning.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:56 am
User Image If you had asked her if she foresaw herself having more kids she would have laughed. It wasn't that she didn't like her kids, but they hadn't exactly been easy, either. Three raised by her, three vanished alongside her first mate, only for them to return when she finally accepted they were dead. Trump had vanished alongside Rendo, but that second betrayal hadn't stung as much as the first.

She still remembered her depression when her three sons vanished. The twins and Rush had done their best with an absent mother. Shai had done what he could, and the tribe stepped in when they could. She didn't regret giving birth, she regretted her actions after. The twins and Rush had forgave her immediately, but Nuishan wasn't as kind to herself.

Then came along Hatsu. Romantic, gentle, and persistent, she had allowed herself to fall for the stereotypical young romance she hadn't deserved. That romance was brief and ended abruptly, which led to her meeting Raidon fairly shortly after. Raidon had been a patient friend who came and went on his own whims, until one day he just stayed. He was the second man she considered having kids with, and then he was gone. Gone and without a sight.

So, no, the idea of having kids after three failed lifematings, her children briefly vanishing, and the general drama her family entailed seemed unlikely. Nuishan wasn't bitter, but she had no interest in trying again. She wasn't an idiot. What was the saying again? 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.' She was older — fairly older — and she had other tasks to keep an eye on. Making a larger family and settling down had proven fruitless and Nuishan wasn't one to give into frivolous fantasies. Her tribe needed her, her sons needed her, and she didn't need anything else.

So, when the meeting of a white fox led to two BCRs occurred she found herself leaving the makeshift den to ponder her thoughts. No, she had never considered more kids, nor had she considered the idea of what would happen if they were sprung on her. She already held a notion the deity was just messing with her at this point. After all, why would you give a three-timed divorcee kids with a stranger right when she decided being a spinster wasn't so bad?

But they had happened; two of them, to be exact. Nuishan wasn't one to abandon kids. She loved them; loved when the tribe welcomed a new litter. Of course she was happy, but overwhelmed was the first emotion she had allowed herself. Luckily, she found her senses before the white fox left, returning to the den with two rabbits — one for each of them.

She didn't say anything, dropping the rabbits in-front of the white fox before inspecting the BCRs with a paw. A rose one and striped one; fitting. Kaoru and Rush would be thrilled. She didn't know the next time she'd see Kishen, and Razor was off doing whatever he did these days. Hikaru would complain, but he had grown grumpier the day he admitted his girlfriend was never coming home. It made sense; it was his first heartbreak. She couldn't fault him.

She didn't touch the rabbits, instead exposing her stomach as she flopped on her side and pressed against the BCRs, eyes closing tiredly. All of this was an exhausting situation, after all.

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:59 pm
Rios wasn’t sure what to expect when the gray fox came in with the two rabbits and then flopped over and snagged the BCRs. Rios initially gave a half snarl before it was clear that the gray fox just wanted to hold them. Pulling back her proactive instinct she had the grace to look abashed before looking to the rabbits. “Thank you. I apologize for my over protectiveness just now.” Shifting she looked at the rabbits again. She was quite hungry. Shifting one closer to the gray fox she took the other to eat while she thought things over. She knew nothing about this fox or the tribe here only that it did exist. She also wasn’t interesting in joining a tribe. Still she would not abandon her children nor could she ask a tribe member to leave their tribe. She was a loyal fox and knew full well how wonderful a tribe could be. Her time with the Yukon gang before they disbanded was proof enough of that. Slowly she finished her rabbit while she thought it all out and decided what she would do next.

“My name is Rios. I would like to ask you a few questions. Your marking.” She pointed to what she thought was the tribe marking. “That is the tribe mark for this land correct? I would like to hear more about it. Should it be acceptable I would request of your tribe that I be allowed to be tolerated at the edge of tribe lands until the children are safely grown. I am currently nomadic in nature and would rather not risk the kits health. Of course I will answer any questions you have for me in entirety as well.” She bowed her head and waited for the entourage of questions. She knew full well she was asking a lot for a tribe to tolerate a complete stranger on their land eating their pray and having an influence on kits that a part of their tribe by right of the other parent. She knew full well if it was a vicious tribe they might well gang up on her and attack and take the kits. She thought she might be able to snag one kit were that the case and flee but she hoped that would not be the case. Her tail curled while her body was tense in waiting for the response. Her ears lay to the sides while she eyed her children she would fight to the death for her babies just as she would for her older children though they were already grown. She didn’t really want to push this gray vixen for information but she was going to be firm and find out about her, this tribe, and this land before she was going to relax and the tribe seemed the easiest to ask about as it wasn’t a personal question set yet. That would come in time but she wasn’t going to push too hard on that until she had the basics down.

There was the soft noise of frogs singing in the night after the storm. It was a nice change of sound after the storm. A soft reminder no matter how violent the storm life would go on.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:52 pm
The snarl ignited Nuishan's own warning growl, claws extending as her tail lashed. She hadn't forgotten that motherly instinct; you normally don't, no matter how long the last time you had kids was. The expression on the others face, however, calmed her, as her hackles lowered and Nuishan flicked her attention to adjusting the BCRs so they could absorb more warmth, although her eyes remained cautious.

As Rois ate she seemed satisfied, head resting on her paws. She didn't touch the food yet, instead carefully cleaning her claws. The questions weren't unusual, although she was surprised the fox didn't recognize her mark. It was such an old tribe, most had seen the mark once or twice.

"Lunarie," Her tired voice answered Rois with no hesitation. "It's a primarily nocturnal tribe, although we welcome those with different sleep cycles. I joined young and haven't left since. They're kind and welcomed me during a trying time." She shook her head, gesturing to the BCRs.

"This isn't my first litter," She admitted, tail flicking lazily around them. "I've had six sons. Eight, now. As for whether or not you're welcomed near the tribe; of course. We've allowed parents to children even stay on the lands, as long as they're trusted. I don't see why you couldn't stay with me until they're older and either they or you wish to leave."

She paused, offering a quiet smile before closing her eyes. "My names Nuishan. It seems we'll be around one another for some time."

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

Reoakee
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 pm
Rios was appreciative that the other was looking out for the warmth of the little ones. She recognized the name of the tribe but had no idea that had been the name of the tribe. Her sister Maylea was part of the gypsy clan which was friendly with the lunarie tribe as far as Rios knew. It was nice the tribe was welcoming and helpful to foxes. Nodding she thought back to the Yukon Gang and felt a pang of loneliness. The group had fallen apart for the most part which had lead to her wanting to travel a bit to see more of the world. As the other fox explained that she could stay with her babies.

She gave a half smile looking at the BCRs. “This is not my first litter either. I have a boy and a girl. I raised Violet myself and Thales went with the other mother. It’s one of the reasons why as long as your tribe has no issues I would like to raise the children on tribe lands. Those bonds with others are important and they do provide a good amount of safety.” She moved closer Nuishan to be closer to her babies. “Yes I suppose we will be dealing with one another for a while yet. It’s a pleasure to meet you though the circumstances are quite unusual.” She thought back over her lift and had to admit she didn’t expect this strange situation. “Anything you think I should know about this land?” She didn’t think it was going to be as cold as growing up in the mountains and food seemed more plentiful. “It’s different from the mountains and from what Maylea described for the gypsy lands so I’m not sure what to expect when it comes to tribed areas if there are any rules I should be aware of.” She leaned a rubbed her head on the BCRs not really caring how close that put her to Nuishan who was keeping them warm. “I’m just glad they seem safe and warm.”  
● RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games