Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:04 pm
There was something about the looming potential of finding one's lifemate on the sands that had made candidates more attentive to all of their lessons. But it had also greatly increased the numbers and some of the newer faces in their midst had never stood in front of a dragon egg, nor had a chance to place their hand against the shell of one.

With some of the mishaps that previous touchings had resulted in, and Gr'del's desire to redouble their standards W'tarl had made a point to review some of the high points - and the low points - of what he was expecting from those who represented them. While Western had their own stand-outs at their crossed-over events of late, he was fully aware that High Reaches not only also had their own - they had the potential for more with some of the faces that he'd seen.

So when it came time for that morning's lesson, he gently rubbed his hand over Altoth's shoulder, instructing her to summon the candidates to assemble so they could go over what it was he had to say while he set to writing on the chalkboard at the front with his almost pristine handwriting - it looked like some sort of pop quiz. Of course, this also meant that there was an opportunity for him to let their newest assistant take a few paces through instructing as well.

"Good Morning, Candidates. Have you started dreaming of eggs that will hopefully be yours, yet?" he asked brightly. W'tarl hadn't been in too bad of a mood, and Gr'del had yet to have had another lecture like the one from six months previously, so he allowed himself to lax just enough to keep the mood at ease. "I'm sure you are all eagerly watching the sands and waiting for your turn to meet those who will be coming to it soon, but first I wanted to go over some things," he rubbed his hands together as he spoke, making eye contact with several new faces, and pointed looks at some of the older ones.

"We've had a few unhappy touchings this last turn, and I want to address the proper protocol we would like to see when you are all allowed to meet your potential lifemates - some of you simply don't know, and many may need a reminder of what is expected when you represent High Reaches," the tone of his voice took a stern twist for a moment as he said the last part, but the smile on his face didn't falter. "For those who didn't have the honor of attending our last hatching - or the touching that came before it - we happen to be lucky enough to have someone who was there and perhaps would have some opinions on it."

And with that, he deferred to Demanthra.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:15 am
Demanthra listened as W'tarl greeted the candidates after they arrived and gave an introduction to what they were doing. She knew the touchings and hatchings lately had been hairy, two hatchings she had heard about and one she had participated in herself. A soft smile came to her lips when her fellow assistant spoke indicated how she had been there for HR's last touching and hatching. When he gave a sign for her to go next, she gave a soft nod, before clearing her throat. She looked at all the faces looking her way, knowing this would be a first for many of them. If they could give them some rules beforehand, then hopefully this touching and hatching would go better. For Gr'del's sake, she knew through her siblings the lecture they had received after the tea clutch. She didn't want anyone to be in danger or Gr'del to feel so bad about any actions that may happen on the sands..not if they could help it.

"Good morning to all of you. My name is Demanthra, rider of Green Monath and newest assistant canidatemaster. As Assistant W'tarl mentioned, I was actually where you were High Reaches last had a touching and hatching. I had attended previous hatchings and I know all the emotions that run through you for both touching the eggs and hatching. Let me tell you, the rules that are drilled into our heads are more important than some of you may realize,"she began. She felt a burst of pride in her connection of Monath, knowing her dragon was proud of her for becoming part of such a worthy job. She waited for a moment to give the candidates time to take in the first part of what she had to say.

"First of all, let me tell you, that you should be ready for anything when touching the eggs. The babies within these eggs are full of surprises, you never know what you will get. And do not rule anything out, even if you do not have the best response when you first touch their eggs. When I first put my hand on my lifemate's egg, I couldn't help but think the little one demanded attention. Not only that, but because of things that were happening around us, there came a blast of anger. I didn't know at the time why, but I didn't think that dragon could be mine. So let this be a lesson to you, never give up hope, you never know what the babies may be looking for,"she continued. Love filled her bond this time from Monath, knowing she had definitely been a bit of a handful, even as an egg. However, Demanthra knew how much her green loved her.

"Also, when we tell you not to linger at the eggs, heed our words. We do this for your safety and for the eggs, so if we tell you to move along, just do so. The lives inside those eggs can have some strong personalities and make demands, so be very careful. A friend of mine lingered too long at an egg during the touching we received our eggs, though he was not the only one. This egg seemed to ensnare quite a few then candidates, which upset some of the other eggs. Not only that, but their golden mother got involved as well, to deal with the situation. I assure you, none of you want to come face to face with an angry queen, it isn't pretty. This is also why we do not want you to roll or move the eggs, it can cause similar issues. The queens place the eggs where they want, so no matter how much the egg may plead, do not give into those demands,"she explained firmly. She remembered the craziness of that touching like it was yesterday, knowing C'yrn would never live down that touching.

"I do encourage you talk just a little to the babies, so they get an idea of who you are. This will help when they make their decision on who their lifemate will be. Sometimes they make their pick during the touching, so try to get to as many as you can in the time allotted. This is also why you want to be on your best behavior, so your time is not cut short. I know our own was reduced because of the incidents that took place, so listen to us so you can make the most of your time. Do not forget, positive thoughts because these babies do not know about the world around them. I know this can be hard sometimes, but one negative thought can effect not only the egg you touch, but the ones around it. They are connected to one another, so you could be angering a whole lot of eggs with just one action. That is what happened during High Reaches last touching, one egg getting all the attention angered a lot of the others, including my lifemate within her egg.

We are lucky that our's was tamer than it could of been, I have heard some of the horror stories of other hatchings. In fact, I am sure Assistant W'tarl has information on one that happened at Western, that I could not attend,"she finished, before turning back to W'tarl.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:38 am
W'tarl listened patiently as Demanthra spoke, allowing her to take up the lead in the conversation with the Candidates. She spoke well for her first lesson with them. Once she was finished, he nodded.

"When we brought our candidates who wished to over to Western Weyr for their most recent hatching, we had another incident. I'm sure gossip of what happened has gotten around, but I will tell you the long and short of it: Someone did not behave appropriately with one of the eggs, and in it's confusion for the reaction it received it cried out for its mother and the Queen reacted violently and everybody had to be removed from the sands until the Hatching."

He was certain some of those there could remember such thing, and W'tarl made pointed eye contact with several of the candidates who had been to both the Touching and the Hatching the previous turn.

"This lead to a violent hatching with several candidates maimed, another dead, and at least one baby almost lost due to the high emotions that the chaos caused. I'm not here to tell you how to behave during a Hatching, however. I am here to tell you how to conduct yourself at a Touching to bring the chances of chaos down to the minimum that is within our power," his warm voice took up that strict edge again.

"Demanthra pointed out some excellent things for you to keep in mind: Do not linger at any egg for longer than necessary - a baby may ask you to stay, but that doesn't make it yours and may cause more problems than you think." He let this first statement sink in for a moment before he continued.

"We'll tell you a thousand times until you are sick of hearing it, but remember it all the same - positive thoughts are required on the sands. Not just when you are meeting these dragons for the first time, but when they are hatching as well. They are babies and they are taking cues from each of you about the world and informing themselves about it from you. If they're harsh or crass, remain gentle understanding they don't know differently. They are not complete until they have secured their other half.

Offer assurance, section off good thoughts on your mind for them to explore you through, and don't be pushy. Just because you and an egg get along, doesn't necessarily mean you are what it needs. Some are simply friendly to all. Yours may even be aloof towards you because it will have it's entire life to know you and simply wants to investigate others. There are many reasons an unhatched dragon will behave the way it does - you need to offer it peace while it figures those out."

Rubbing his hands together, W'tarl let silence settle for a moment. He was getting wordy, but he felt like it needed to be wordy or the point simply wouldn't get across. They just couldn't continue a saga of disastrous touchings - 2 was too many.

"Now, I'm sure some of you have been listening to me, and others of you have already gotten ahead of yourselves about filling out that questionaire I've written up in front of you all and didn't listen to a word I said. I won't mind the latter if your answers appease me, but I want you to go over it and should I find any corrections needed....well, Altoth will let you know the next step, hmm?"

------
Anybody who has stood a handful of times finds the questions to be very straight forward - or is it a trap? If your character is unable to read or write yet, assume W'tarl assisted them.

[size=28][center][b]Touching Questionaire[/b][/center][/size]
[b]Name:[/b] (Candidates Name)
[b]Age:[/b] Current Age

[b]In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching[/b]

[b]How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon?[/b]

[b]How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg?[/b]

[b]Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do?[/b]

[b]What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor?[/b]

[b]What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light?[/b]

[b]What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs?[/b]

-Remember that IC actions = IC consequences, but this is not something the candidates are in trouble for! W'tarl simply feels they need a reminder of what they're doing!
-Have your character(s) answer this in their own words, rather than copy-pasting any answer you could find in any of the guides.
-You do not have to fill this out for every candidate you play unless you want to!
-Currently there is no time limit, but that may change!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Taibbi

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching
The first thing you should do, once you get onto the sands, is bow to the queen. Make sure you pay attention to her at least a little, even when you're touching eggs, because her moods can be dangerous, so also try not to make too much noise or kick up too much of a fuss.

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon?
Try to keep your mind receptive and the general direction of your thoughts positive, even before you touch the eggs because maybe they can sense your mind before you can sense theirs, but don't try to block them out. (I'm really not sure how to do this, are there remedial lessons I can take?)

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg?
When there are too many people around the same egg, or if the egg gives you the sense you're not its type. Even if it gives you the sense you are its type, you still should move on after a bit though because it's not fair to the baby dragons for one person to hog all their attention.

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do?
Let them know - politely! - that the rules say they should be doing something else, and then stick close so I can set a good example.

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor?
I'm a really hard worker, and I like to be helpful, so I think probably that would be a good thing, since dragonriders work hard to be helpful by fighting off Thread.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light?
Sometimes some people say I'm pushy, but usually when they say that it's because I'm being more enthusiastic about something than they are, or if I'm trying to be helpful but I'm more interested in being helpful than they are in being helped, some people might think that's pushy of me, but I think I could argue that I'm really just trying to make things better.

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs?
Bow to their mother and clear the sands so that they don't get too crowded.

(Note: Taibbi (and I) misread the question about her positive trait, and thought it was asking how it could work in her favor. I'm leaving her with the mistaken answer because it amuses me.)  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Ionan

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching First you bow to the queen. I usually pick out an egg where there's less candidates to touch first, and stick with one of my friends.

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? You greet them with calm and happy thoughts. Some of them don't react happily to this, though.

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? When they stop reacting to you, I think. Their touch usually leaves after they've said hello, unless they're really interested. I don't like to stay too long at any egg, though.
Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? I guess I'd try to correct them. I wouldn't go out of my way to tell Demanthra or anything, I'd be teased forever, but I could tell them what's expected, because they might have forgotten. I don't think anyone would purposely break rules after that last Touching.
What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? Uh. My strongest trait is my stubbornness, I think. I think I could maybe offend an egg. I'll try really hard not to, though.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? Uh. I'm not sure what my weakest trait is. Probably something to do with music though.

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? I always bow to the queen after, and wait for the rest of the candidates.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Willim

You greet the queen as soon as you walk onto the sands. Greeting the queen recognizes her as the mother of the eggs and respects her as a gold dragon, also it is a good thing to do so she doesn't get angry.

You clear your mind and think only good thoughts at the baby dragon in the shell. You let it get to know you through your thoughts. Don't be aggressive or angry with it or forceful either because you might upset it or the queen.

When you have spent some time with the baby in the egg but not too much time because you might upset it. Or when the baby stops speaking to you or doesn't speak to you at all.

You tell them they are not doing it right and they are going to get in trouble, then you show them the right way to do it. Be nice!

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor?
I love my family and am very loyal to them. Here at High Reaches, the other candidates have become my family since I am away from home. It could be a bad thing though because sometimes I am too loyal and people take advantage of me.

I sometimes get my friends in trouble because I think it's funny or a joke. It is a positive thing because I am a fun person to be with and can make people laugh.

You thank the queen for letting you talk to her babies and leave the sands so other candidates can touch the eggs.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: fisher

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching walk in say hi to the gold and i guess everyone else there watching and then go to an egg

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? touch the shell i guess

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? you touch and go why linger say hi and go it's not a date

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? it's not my responsibility to do the job of others so long as they're not gonna get us all hurt but if it can cause problems make them stop no matter what

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? i am very strong my muscles are strong. i can lift and i will listen to people but maybe i will be too intimidating to the babies

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? i can't read and write and i don't like doing stuff like this i don't

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? leave i guess you say thanks to the gold and go back outside

( There are half dozens of spelling mistakes and little to no punctuation. )  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Rhiyn

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching Bow to queen, touch egg nearest you, wait for a reaction. Sometimes they don't react at all, if they're sleeping or they just don't want to, so move to the next egg.

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? I always greet the egg by saying hello first, but I figure they respond better to feelings. Just gently setting a hand on the shell and waiting a bit seems to work for me.

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? They let you know. Whatever emotion they've sent to you stop, and you move on.

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? My strongest trait is my respect for dangers. Uh. I think I could be over-cautious and not do something that I should, which would not be in my favor.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? My weakest trait is definitely my ability to talk to girls. Maybe I should talk to Willim or Torin, they seem to be good at it. I don't know how I would put that in a positive light, though.

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? Bow to the gold and thank her for allowing us to touch her eggs, and leave the sands to let others in to see the eggs.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:18 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Jeri

I say hullo to the queen dragon and give a little bow. It is alwasy a gud idea to pay yur respecks to the queen dragon.

I come up to the egg thinking gud happy thots at the baby dragon in the egg so that the babby is not scared or afraid of you or angry at you.

If the baby does not want to talk to me enny more or if there are to many other candidates around the egg.

If I see someone doing something they should not be doing i tell them what they are doing is aganst the rools and that they should stop, and then i tell them the right way to do it. I be polite and not mean to them.

I always look on the brite side of everything and I can make other peeple happy easy. I sometimes scare peelple away with how happy i am because maybe they do not like feeling happy wich i do not understand.

I am forgetful sometimes and i am reelly stubbern. In a positive light i have a strong will and i am very determind.

I say thank you to the queen and give her a little bow and then i walk off the sands.

(Note: Jeri is still functionally illiterate)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:28 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Haveli

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching When you arrive, first bow to the Queen and her rider to show your thanks for allowing the touching as well as your honor to be participating. Move slowly and quietly on to the sands, keeping your mind focused and free of unnecessary thoughts.

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? Carefully and slowly, approach the egg with a thought of greetings and love. Allow them to feel your mind but do not press your agenda onto the dragonet, and make sure your touch is nothing more than a caress.

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? The dragonet may ask you to linger, but you must move on when the moment has passed and your introduction has been given. If the baby makes requests of you softly assure them you will meet again before departing.

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? If they are close to you, pull them aside and remind them of the proper behaviors on the sands. If they act any further than that, bring it to the attention of the Candidatemaster or the Assistants. Doing something beyond that yourself is reckless.

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? I am resourceful and willing to accept those who come to me. I understand this could be considered negative if I allow those with stronger feelings to manipulate me, so I must be aware and respectful.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? Perhaps I am a bit too naive, though that allows me the chance to understand others better even if their motives aren't entirely pure.

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? When finished, bow once more and thank the Queen and her rider. Leave quietly but quickly, allowing for others to come on to the sands and experience the touching.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Shanley

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching I've never been there for a touching, but I know you bow to the gold and thank her for allowing her on the sands. Then, you go to the egg nearest to you and briefly touch it while waiting for a response.

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? You touch the egg's shell gently and then reach out with your mind. I think that's how it's done, I'm not really sure on the "reaching out" bit. I've never done this before.

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? ...Maybe the egg will tell me to go away.

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? I'd remind them of the rules, of course. If they're doing something wrong by mistake or otherwise, they need to know it's wrong so they can improve their behavior.

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? My creativity. It wouldn't work in my favor if I became distracted. And as you probably know, I become distracted often.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? My stubbornness, uh. If someone was doing something wrong and they needed correction and the candidate master wasn't near or able to get there, I could perhaps talk to them about it. I assume though, that a situation like that wouldn't arise.

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? Leave the sands after bowing and thanking the gold.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:44 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Kahbrohm

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching Wait for any given instructions from the Candidatemaster and his assistants. Bow to all parents who are on the sands along with their riders.

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? Make sure you have an even head, apply hand to egg.

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? When you've given the baby dragon enough time to get an idea for what kind of a person you are.

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? Let them learn their own lessons, not my fault if they're messing up.

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? A dragon that doesn't like strong will and confidence will find it overwhelming.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? It's only weakness if they think it is.

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? Don't revisit anybody, get off the sands.

Touching Questionaire

Name: Fahn

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching Say hi to mom and get out there!

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? Make sure you're in the right headspace and touch it!

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? When you've talked enough!

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? Redirect them if they're close enough to, look to the candidatemasters for guidance if otherwise. Behave well despite this!

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? I have high energy and drive! I've been told it's a bit much and could wear someone else out!

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? I don't know but I'll try to keep that to myself so they don't see it!

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? Wait by the Candidatemasters for more instruction!

Touching Questionaire

Name: Juhvek

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching Follow the instructions you are given.

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? Gentle-hand against the shell, don't be pushy, let them investigate and take the lead.

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? When contact is overwhelming - too many people, you've been around too long and they need a break, after a few minutes.

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? Remind them firmly of what they should be doing, if I notice.

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? Beats me. That indecisiveness isn't helpful either though.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? Same as the above.

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? Get out of the way.

Touching Questionaire

Name: Kinyegele

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching Say hi to the parents, find an egg that doesn't already look crowded and wait my turn!

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? Touch the shell, say hello! It's a conversation!

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? When people who started touching that egg at the same time start leaving!

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? Tell a Candidatemaster!

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? I love my family a lot. That may be considered weak or a crutch.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? I'm uncomplicated so that means I'm not going to be difficult on a dragon...right?

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? Wait for instructions!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:48 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Shar

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching The moment you step on the Sands, bow to the Queen. It shows her the respect she has earned and deserves and thanks her for the opportunity to potentially bond with one of her children.

How do you begin contact with an unhatched dragon? While keeping positive thoughts in your mind, give your full attention to the egg before gently touching the shell. Reaching out mentally to the dragon is encouraged so long as there is no resistance.

How do you tell when it is time to move on from an egg? When the egg has had enough of your presence, if the queen seems displeased if you are beside a certain egg, or if nothing bad is happening after spending a little time with the egg. Don't stay at one egg during the whole Touching, though, even if the dragon inside begs you to do so.

Someone is acting out of guideline - what do you do? I would tell them exactly what they were doing wrong and inform them of how to correct their actions. If they fail to listen I would move away to let the Queen take care of the Candidate.

What do you consider your strongest trait - and how could it potentially not work in your favor? My confidence is my strongest trait. I know exactly what needs to be done and will take every step needed to ensure it is done properly. I don't let manipulative eggs tell me what to do or trick me into misbehaving and I try to help others from falling into the same traps. I suppose I can come off strong to some people and may frighten them or make them feel insecure, but I do try to temper it to prevent others from feeling that way.

What is your weakest trait and how could you highlight it in a positive light? I've been told I can be quite clinical when dealing with various situations, both good and bad. I know some people prefer a more warm and subtle personality when under stress but to me that's a waste of time. In dire situations being able to make quick decisions without letting emotions drive me helps me keep a cool head and make important, proper choices when others might let fear or anxiety rule their actions.

What do you do when you have touched all of the eggs? Remove yourself from the sands after bowing to the Queen once more, allowing others to touch the eggs they might have not had a chance to get to and to avoid crowding the eggs and the Queen.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:20 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Amilluh Amila

In 2 sentences, describe how you begin a touching Walk on to the sands and politely greet the gold. Slowly approach eggs when uhlowed allowed and be nice.

Always be nice to an egg. It is a baby and should be shown love is waiting outside the egg so they don't get scared of you or anybody else. It is important because babies are innocent and deserve lots of kindness.

I'm not gud at knowing, but it is always gud to be mindful and if the baby doesn't want you to talk to anymore then you should go away because other people should meet baby too.

Am I allowd to stay away from them and make sure nobody is going to hurt me because that's actually scary. The mommy might get mad and that's even scarier.

I'm not sure but I like animals? I am not sure that helps with dragons they're not like other animals.

I don't know. I'm sorry. But Itry to be nice to everyone else anyway?

Let everyone else touch and stay out of the way so nobody gets blocked because that's rude.

* Amila's terrible arte spelling some words and doesn't write well! Thqat's all.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Touching Questionaire

Name: Ruunan

Upon entering the sands, I bow to the clutchparents, then ensure I have permission to approach. Once granted, I prefer to wait a little to see how other candidates disperse.

With a gentle hand upon the shell, I introduce myself. I try to focus on positive thoughts.

I think the egg will give a clear sign when it no longer likes my attention. If it doesn't, then I will most likely leave after a few minutes, once we have gotten acquainted with each other. I would always leave if instructed to.

I would inform the closest ranking rider- if they or the clutchmother aren't already aware.

I enjoy the beauty of detail in my work, but I know this makes me a bit slow to focus on other things. It might cause me to miss or be blindsided by events or information.

I am told that I am slow to finish tasks- but I think that I am extremely methodical and earnest about my work.

I move aside, giving them and the clutchparents space until further instruction.

---

Touching Questionaire

Name: Nyaranau

Listen to the people and dragons in charge- then when we're allowed to touch the eggs, I try and choose one that is both eye-catching but not too swamped by other candidates.

I greet them with a positive demeanour and a bright smile (I'm almost 80% certain they can sense when you're smiling), and tell them a little bit about myself! If the egg is receptive to my touch, then I'll probably tell them a fun little story or childhood memory. If not, I can make the best of an award situation.

I'll probably move on to the next egg after a few minutes- or sooner if I'm told to. Not everybody wants to hear my stories, I guess...

If they're being disruptive, I tell them to stop. Otherwise, I will let them know how they can fix their actions to stop us from all getting booted off the sands- or worse. Eaten by angry clutchparents.

I am a really lovely and wonderful person! Honestly, it'd be hard not to immediately like me. But I get that sometimes I'm a bit too much, and sometimes people think I'm too eager and loud for them... Their loss, I guess.

I suppose I can be a little bit too... Proud, maybe? But I am always striving to do better and be better. I want to achieve more with my life, even if I don't know exactly how- or what that might entail.

Eagerly wait for my friends to finish so we can discuss what we experienced- obeying the candidatemaster and other folks in charge, of course.  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff