User Image

"The Wings of Icarus" V2 (CWF Edit) would blast over the PA system, as the audience would immediately pop to their feet in cheer with a MASSIVE reaction, as it would be the "indie darling" Matt Gennison! His Bullet Club logo would appear on the titantron and LEDs as the lights would flash a bright white and blue color. He would step out of the curtain with the TNW:R Championship over his left shoulder and TNW:R Universal Championship over his right. Matt would be sporting his signature entrance jacket and Bullet Club T-Shirt, as he would be the leader of the group with Hellfire, The Young Bucks, Gallows & Anderson and Michael Garcia in the group.

Commentary: "Tonight's going to be interesting. Matt Gennison returned here two weeks ago, interrupting John Cena to challenge him to a match for the CWF United States Championship, except, he didn't speak! Hopefully we get some words of clarification here right now!"

Matt Gennison would begin to walk down the ramp as the crowd would be singing along to his angelic theme song showing how over he was. He would begin to make his way down to the ring, soaking and enjoying the super stardom of being a CWF wrestler, as over as he was in this time of his career. Stepping up the steel steps, he would duck his head under the top rope and come in through the middle ropes, raising his TNW:R Championship and TNW:R Universal Championships in the air to a reaction of claps. He would then set them over each shoulder. Matt would look around at the audience who gave a big reaction to the two men being in the ring together, as his theme song would die down, and he would request a microphone as people would give respect and quiet down, as the man himself was about to speak for the first time in a couple months.

"I didn't speak because I knew the reaction we were going to get. The reaction was larger than life, and you guys painted a picture far more better than words can describe. Matt Gennison vs. John Cena for a while has been a dream match, and now it's time to deliver. Now, I know you're all wondering. Why did I come back to challenge John Cena and for the CWF United States Championship instead of invoking my rematch for the CWF Championship against The Undertaker? it goes like this. For years in this business, John Cena has been at the top of the food chain and viewed as the best. But you see, he's not the best. I'm the best." Matt would say, receiving an ovation of claps and cheers from the audience. Since day one when I stepped foot in this business, I've been in the ring with the 'best' and I've beat em' all." Matt would then start saying, using his fingers to count each name he's knocked off. "Finn Balor, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, Dolph Ziggler, Abyss, Drew McIntyre, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Aleks Mason, the list goes on! but there's two things about that list. Number one, every single name I have mentioned are BETTER than John Cena. And number two, they're damn sure tougher than him!" The audience would once again begin to cheer Matt's words. He would take a moment to gather his thoughts. "But make no mistake, I do in fact respect John Cena, and at Backlash we're going to put on one hell of a match. But a wrestler of his caliber obligates respect to be thrown at him, and at Backlash after I pin his shoulders to the mat clean for the three count, he'll have no choice but to respect me." The audience would cheer once more, and clap as the words were nicely put together. "I'm honored and privileged to get a shot for the CWF United States Championship, since I've never gotten too many opportunities in my career, and I'm on a voyage to be the best in the world, and the road started with the CWF Championship, and now it's continuing with the CWF United States Championship, and I won't let you guys down." Matt would also look into the camera for the last thing he would say. "Oh, and one last thing.. after I defeat John Cena for the CWF United States Championship, I'm coming back for my CWF Championship!" Matt would say, dropping the mic as the audience would get hyped and surprised at the same time, as his theme song would hit and Matt would celebrate in the ring to his theme.