[PRP] Chores with Chums - Rahmi/Ionan/Tizenia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:38 pm
Chores having been dished out, Rahmi found himself assigned to assist in the kitchens, tuber duty, along with a few others. There were certainly more difficult jobs doled out so he counted himself doubly lucky. After all, once the afternoon chores were done, it'd be time for dinner and he wouldn't have to march all around the Weyr to get it! Plus, working in the kitchens, he'd have a sneak peak what was cooking. Extra bonus!

The rangy teen made his way to where he had been assigned and gratefully accepted the offered apron upon stating what he had been sent for. Upon being pointed to a relatively out of the way corner, he blinked at the baskets of unpeeled tubers waiting. Oh. There were a lot. However, there were also not one, but three low stools sitting among the baskets. It seemed as though he wouldn't be alone facing the tubery beast. Rahmi tied the apron about his waist, selected one of the stools to plop himself down upon, picked a knife, and started on the basket closest to him. Since he had been the first to arrive, Rahmi couldn't help but appraise the produce that he had been instructed to peel. He hadn't worked with tubers specifically, but these seemed to be a pretty good batch. Nice and healthy, good color, good size, fresh looking too! They smelled starchy and of the earth they were grown in. He sighed, hit with nostalgia of the first days of his apprenticeship. That had been so exciting. This was all was exciting too, just in a different way. He rotated the tuber he had been peeling to get its other untouched side and glanced at the empty stools, pondering who else might be joining him.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:01 pm
Ionan had found someone new in the kitchens where he'd been assigned to peel tubers, and that someone new was one of the lamest people he'd ever met. No one was enthusiastic about peeling tubers, but the girl had this awful expression that told him she'd be crying at any moment. Ugh. Girls. She'd mentioned missing her sister, and how some--long name-- was busy now, since they'd come to the Weyr. "Come on, you need to make friends outside your family. She isn't going to always want to be around you." It was advice that came from experience. His siblings didn't always want to be around him; they had dragons to care for, other friends, and he rarely saw his parents. It was a hard realization, but he figured sometimes, families broke apart.

"But..." Tizenia--or was her name Rizzy? He couldn't remember, started. He hadn't asked her for her name a second time. "She's all I have here."

"And she's busy with chores and her friends." Ionan said, and handed the younger girl a tuber. "Rahmi, want to help me cheer up the new girl?"  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:17 pm
Rahmi had perked up at the arrival of his fellow chore companions. Ionan was a familiar face, the girl was a very new addition to their ranks of fellow candidates, about their age too. It had taken a few moments for him to connect a name to her face, but he worked it out. Their conversation was something closer to listen in on than the bustle and chatter of the kitchens workers around them. After placing the tuber he finished into the basket of peeled ones, he reached for the next one.

He was slow to start it, musing over his fellows' topic of choice with a ponderous distance in his expression. Having been raised a holdbrat and not having any siblings, that he knew of anyway, there wasn't quite the same sting of drifting from someone he held dear. Yes, he loved his parents dearly, but didn't begrudge them their choices. He got on fine, but not everyone took to it so easily, especially if they were accustomed to familial closeness. Rahmi knew that it could be a hard thing to learn or get used to.

Hearing his name spoken broke him free from his reflecting. He blinked to Ionan and cleared his throat apologetically for having drifted off, so to speak, shaking away the last remnants of his train of thought. "Oh, Ionan, of course," He began with an easy, kind smile. "I can certainly try." That's all one could really do, to try.

Looking to the distraught girl, he sighed, wiping his hand on his apron, and shifted the tuber into the same hand as his knife. Rahmi extended his hand to her to shake, or hold, or whatever she might need of him. "I don't know if we've been properly introduced, beyond hearing each other's names during lessons, but, as Ionan said, my name is Rahmi. If I'm remembering correctly, you're...Tizenia, yes? Is-is that okay, or do you prefer a nickname when people address you? Pleased to officially meet you regardless." His brow furrowed in concern and he offered her a small encouraging smile. "Do you want to talk about it? What's your sister like, if I may ask? We've got a while of peeling left to do here, so Ionan and I aren't going anywhere. Maybe we can help."

Thaliawen

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff