Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 pm
Well, Valac had called dibs- and after everyone had piled on the first. Rather than getting the way of his evident desire for a solo-brawl, when it looked like letting him do so wasn't tantamount to murder, he instead moved around the other side of the cart- going just wide enough to come in and flank the other crawler with the guard, hoping to protect the man- and keep Revenge from getting sandwiched between the two, perhaps.

[Double Move Action: Move 8 West to Q14, then 4 North-West to M10]

Then the man thrummed with energy- the air around him seeming to somehow both fill with energy and grow colder, even just slightly, setting his mark upon the crawler without so much as a word of challenge, as the tieflings had preferred thusfar- the spirits would see to that, settling in the feeling of something much more, or larger, than the simple hide clad human staring the beast down.

[Mark all adjacent enemies]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:16 am
<********> the Goliath exclaimed. "Really wish I had a bow right now ..." She spoke to the sky, and getting no results she began to hustle over towards the group. "Also, running in heavy armor sucks."

(Double move to O13)  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Aftermath Crisis
User Image
(Rocks taking up less than one square, as well as squares occupied by dead bodies, are difficult terrain. Rocks larger than 1 square require an athletics check of 8 to move over. The carriage is 4 squares high and provides blocking terrain, requiring an athletics check of 18 to climb on top of it.)

Initiative Order
Revenge HP:63/65 +2 Bonus to defenses against fear/necrotic, Slowed, ongoing 5 poison, save ends both
Valac: HP: 69/69, +2 to Hit, Slowed to the end of next turn.
Ilikan HP:65/75, Slowed, ongoing 5 poison, save ends both
Guards:
Crawlers: C1 Marked by Revenge, C3 bloodied, C2 Marked by Ilikan
Kuori HP: 54/54, +1 Fort, Ref, Will
Ruin HP: 59/59, +2 AC, AP used

((I added Revenge's damage to C2, Kuori's turn wont take place till her turn in the initiative order but since she is just moving closer I don't think it will affect change anything.))

The guards continue to attack the crawlers with most of them managing to land successful hits on the worm-like creatures. G3 charges over to his other two comrades and between the three of them they manage to wound bloody the carrion crawler.

The crawler next to Ilikan lashes out at him and manages to worm one of his tentacles past his armor to strike him (10 damage). Ilikan immediately begins to feel the affects of some kind of paralytic poison . (slowed, ongoing 5 poison damage, save ends both.)

The crawler next to Revenge also and manages to worm one of his tentacles past the paladin's armor to strike him (12 damage), Revenge to immediately feels a bit woosy from the poison.

Luck smiles upon Valac as he once again manages to dodge an attack from the Crawler. However, his leg is nicked by a tentacle causing the muscles to
temporary seize up (slowed until the end of his next turn)

Kuori moves closer to the fight to gain better positioning.

(Ruin up!)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 pm
"If I said no," Ruin quickly moved forward before releasing another bolt of energy at the beast Valac was fighting. "would that mean you don't want our help?" The question was satirical; he wasn't about to leave, nor did he think the others would either.

[Move: Q22
Standard: 31(Crit) vs C3Reflex; 32 force damage
Free action If Killed: Soul Feast Gain 3THP  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-40)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:46 am
58/65 hit points, C2 challenged, Slowed+ongoing 5 poison damage, save ends both.

START OF TURN

Revenge takes 5 poison damage.

MINOR ACTION+FREE ACTION

The poison coursing through Revenge's veins would cause his natural Tiefling anger to begin to swell within his soul. A faint fiery aura would begin to heat the air about him, causing the frost enchantment from his blade to melt away.

Quote:
Infernal Wrath, +1 to hit and +4 to damage. Free action to turn off frost from his weapon.

STANDARD ACTION

Rearing back, he would channel his fury from his aura into his blade, hoping to channel out the abberation's fell poison at the same time. Empowered by righteousness, he would swing his blade once more at the creature in an attempt to show it that he would not yield.

Quote:
Trial of Strength, first a free Saving Throw with a +2 bonus = 7 (miss) to save against the poison/slow. Then, a +12+1 = 14 vs AC. Critical fumble.

Or so it worked out in his head. Apparently, the poison slowed more than his legs as he felt his whole body become sluggish, the swing lacking the momentum to threaten anything, the blade clanging uselessly against the ground.

END OF TURN

Quote:
10 on saving throw vs poison/slow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:25 pm
Revenge's body works its way through the poison but not before his legs feeling paralyzed. ((first failed saving throw caused you to become mobilized, good thing you made it on the second.)) Unfortunately, the paralytic poison slows his swing to the point of it being easily avoided by the Crawler.

Ruin's blast of force blows away the badly injured crawler splattering the side of the wagon with green goo. One the the guards sigh and says to himself. "Great, now I'm going to have to clean that."

As the creatures dies Ruin saps off some of its leaving life essence, gaining 3THP

((Valac up, remember you are slowed to the end of your next turn.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 am
Valac's momentum was abruptly cut short by the Crawler stopping his rampage and forced Valac to turn his attention to the enemy... Who was now dead.

Valac moves carefully around the cart to find more things to murder.

Quote:
Move Action & Standard Action
Double Move to F17

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 pm
Ilikan didn't react to the bite too much at first, wincing but holding his shield out before him and drawing up the power of the air and earth around him, bringing the hammer out- but the frost gathering on it seemed to have crawled into his muscles, body moving much slower than he'd expected as he missed the swing, only then realizing how much of the venom must have gotten into him as he stumbled, getting his balance back and trying to focus on getting himself in order again so he could finish the job.

[Font of Life Save: 6]
[5 damage (60HP), immobolized]
[Weight of Earth: 14 vs AC]
[Damage (not even going to bother unless you say this hit by some miracle.]
[Free: Marking adjacent foes.]
[Saving Throw: 1]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:27 pm
Aftermath Crisis
User Image
(Rocks taking up less than one square, as well as squares occupied by dead bodies, are difficult terrain. Rocks larger than 1 square require an athletics check of 8 to move over. The carriage is 4 squares high and provides blocking terrain, requiring an athletics check of 18 to climb on top of it.)

Initiative Order
Revenge HP:58/65, Slowed, ongoing 5 poison, save ends both
Valac: HP: 73/69, +2 to Hit, 4THP
Ilikan HP:60/75, Stunned, ongoing 5 poison, save ends both
Guards:
Crawlers: C1 Marked by Revenge, C2 Marked by Ilikan
Kuori HP: 54/54, +1 Fort, Ref, Will
Ruin HP: 62/59, +2 AC, AP used, 3THP

As Valac moves around the Ilikan tries to smash the Crawler with his hammer but fins his efforts in vein. Whats worse, the poison coursing through his veins from the crawler comes into full effect. First he feels his legs become disabled and it is his whole entire body! (Ilikan is stunned with ongoing 5 poison, save ends both.)

With the right side of the wagon cleared the guards split up to help their comrades G5 goes to assist G2 and charges C2, plunging is blade into the Crawler. The other two guards run around the wagon in the other direction.

The crawler next to Revenge lashes out at him with his tentacles once again, striking him for 13 damage and inflicting him with his poison once more. (slowed, ongoing 5 poison, save end)

The crawler next to Ilikan tries to bite him but its teeth are unable to pierce his hide armor.

((Kuori up!))  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:19 pm
Kuori runs right past Ilikan, raising her weapon and swinging it down on an invisible enemy. Soon after light slams from the sky towards the carrion crawler. "Revenge, pull your weight man, did you train at all in the time between or were you too busy canoodling your wife. Man up and kill that thing."

Quote:
Move to J13
Sacred Flame on C2.
26 vs Reflex for 8 radiant damage
REVENGE GETS TO GAIN 6 TEMP HP OR MAKE A SAVING THROW

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:37 pm
FREE ACTION

"Is this really the best time to bring up my Sehanine-sanctioned canoodling?!" the paladin would angrily hiss in response to Kuori's inquiry, the anger burning the poison from his veins before it could take further effect.

Quote:
Saving Throw result: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:10 pm
"Sanctioned or no, If you die because of it and I see you in hell; I will kill you again!" Ruin intervened between Revenge and Kuori's conversation about canoodling. Before rushing in to give aid to the new guy.

Quote:

Move Q16
Minor Summon Blade of Annihilation
Standard Charge! M12Soul Eater 20 vs C1'sAC, 16 necrotic damage. (If hit Ruin gain a bonus to hit for next attack against C1 ENT)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:06 pm
45/65 hit points, C2 challenged

MOVE ACTION

Revenge would watch another guard join the fray, but rather than move to the creature's blind spot, he ran to his/her buddy's side instead. The paladin would sigh. Newbies, perhaps?

Quote:
Revenge shifts to E10 to provide flanking for/with the guards.

STANDARD ACTION

"So glad this shield is pulling its weight. Maybe a different tactic is in order. Those tentacles need to go."

Arcing his arm back, he would twist the blade and do a lunging thrust towards the creature's face to try to dissuade it from using those tentacles again.

Quote:
Enfeebling Moonstrike, +12 vs AC (+2 if its bloodied) (+1 if one of the guards are bloodied) +2 with Flanking. Result: 17 vs AC (max 20 but I don't think any of them apply)

If it hits, 14 damage, and it takes -2 to AC and -2 to attack rolls until the end of Revenge's next turn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:06 pm
Back in the Demi Hideout...

Abby in her human form walked leisurely through the fort's large well appointed garden with Peta and and Sylvia. Arthur and Illya stood watch on a nearby tower while Ying and Corsica worked to repair the foundation of a wall. Suddenly Abby would loudly sneeze drawing the attention of her companions." Petra would comment. "Wow, I never knew you had allergies. Did you get some pollen up your nose?"

Petra would reply. "I...I don't know. The garden has never caused me to sneeze before."

Fumiyo would suddenly appear out of a shadow as she was often wont to do. "You know, from the lands I hail, to sneeze is to mean someone is talking about you. I wonder who could that be." She would add with a teasing smile.

Look a bit shy now Abby would look to the ground. "I...I don't know about that, but for some reason I suddenly feel slightly embarrassed...come on, lets get back to looking for weeds."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the carriage...

Kuori sears the crawler with her sacred light and her words cause Revenge to shake off the effects of the poison. Unfortunately, Kurri's words must have made the Paladin too riled up as his swing goes wide.

The other crawler similarly manages to dodge Ruin's attack as Ilikan still lays haplessly stunned.

(Valac Up)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:21 am
"Come on Revenge this is how you do it! RAAARGH!" Valac roars as he charges in once more with his blade held aloft, swings and embarrassingly misses burying the tip of his sword in the ground violently kicking up dirt.

Dumbfounded he missed Valac is quick to excuse himself, "Had to, or I would've cleaved you in half!"

(18 vs AC Howling strike charge to F13.)  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff