Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 1 Total: 15 (2-40)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:01 am
"Not mine, hers" Ruin would correct Fox about Twyla and motion to Kuori. "But, it is good to know we got that thing working. We may have someone else who would want to try it. A drider goes by Lydia, she was instrumental in getting us this far."

Ruin would sidestep their emotional reunion, family stuff wasn't really his thing... But, He was listening as he slowly walked over to Ash. "still think it would be a good idea to fight Aria? You have the chance to back out, now."

(Insight 25: subtext

History 14: What does he know from the shadow court and local news about life in the cages and Fox's prison break? )  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:33 pm
Her ears perking to the new conversations, Kuori let out a *tsk* at Ruin. "You met her at the same point as I did Ruin. You don't need years of experience to call somebody friend or family.
And death isn't an end to existence. It is just the beginning of the afterlife. You're saying it as if my intent was to take Vivian away from you, it wasn't. I just don't want her, or anyone, to suffer like that. I wouldn't even wish that on Aria's top researchers. It's not my place to punish them, their deeds will determine what their eternity look like once their soul departs."

She looks to Fumiyo, "Give them a choice. If they don't want a chance, they aren't going to be of use to you in the fight. But," She'll motion to Fumiyo, "She's made more headway on the resistance than anyone. If conflicts were as easy to end as everyone escaping at once, they wouldn't be worth mentioning in the history books. Wars unfold slowly, progress being gained in pieces."

She starts moving towards the wall where they entered, "We're moving out regardless."

----------------
Novi heads off with the elders as they depart and starts helping organize people to leave.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:09 pm
"So, If they didn't do good up till that point; they should not be allowed to repent, make amends, grow and adapt? Don't get me wrong, when I find out who's responsible for the demi they will die and I pray they suffer forever. Those people are the very definition of ill-redeemable monsters. But, I don't think death should be handed out so easily. Not when the other side of that gate is eternity." Ruin would state, before giving a shrug. "That probably has something to due with me being a warlock. That said, I would also disagree, There needs time to truly know someone before the title of friend or family can be established. But, I don't think less of you because of what I believe and I truly hope the gods grant you a long and healthy life."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:05 am
Kuori rolls her eyes. "Those who only repent in the face of death never truly wanted to repent. It is the responsibility of the soul to do good. Death comes when it wants. It has no mercy. It has no pity. It has only it's purpose and duty." She sighs, "Those who did good and served the Divine land where they land. The rest do too."
She turns, realizing the lack of hope and taking it as a sign, a decision being made.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:53 pm
"Welp, I guess I get to look forward to being a devil's plaything for eternity then. Despite all the good I have done and tried to do since signing the contract with the Wounded One, and whatever I did for the Legion. All because I don't follow one of the silly divines and their plan!" Ruin would sigh, "Let's just change the subject. Death is a depressing topic, to begin with... Outside of using powerful magics, one will never get to see their loved ones, again... It sounds like Maukeen is coming back with us. You and her will have tons to catch up on in the fort. I bet you are happy about that. You'll get to introduce her to Corsica and Ying. As well as tell her about your adventures."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:45 pm
Ruin can read from the way Lionel is acting that he took being left behind when the others escaped very hard, almost personally. You feel that he might have had feelings for Fumiyo that ran deeper then friendship, though whether those feelings were reciprocated, it is impossible to tell.

Unfortunately Ruin can recall nothing about what it was like inside the facility. Its very existence was a secret to him until he met the Demi's and none of them seemed amiable to talking about it during the brief time he spent with them in Fumiyo's fort.

To Ruin's word Fumiyo would respond. “Lydia... I believe I have heard that name before. She is an information broker of sorts, is she not. If she helped you, then I can see about helping her as well. Hmm, undoing the work of a god...that would be interesting.”

To Kuori, she would state. “I guess, I don't have to force them, though...” she would smile mischievously one more. “By the time they get back. There wont be any cages to return to.”

Lionel, realizing how embarrassing it must have looked, would release Fumiyo and turn away. “Ahem, what do you mean? We will be back home by the time we--” His words were cut short by the sound of and explosion and some enormous structure crumbling in the distance.

Fumiyo would continue to smile. “Without their precious portal, it will takes Aria days to get back to surface and weeks to return home, if anyone survives that is... By that time, our operation will be complete. Our ex-home will be in ruin and the whole world will know about what Aria has been doing in secret.”

Maukeen by this point, had gotten her head back on her shoulders, and would ask. “This is an ambitious task you propose, why are you telling us all this, and even more, how do you plan to pull off such a feat?"

“Why? Because I need your help. To see this through I will need everyone's help.” Fumiyo would turn to Kouri, Ruin and the others. “Please, allow me to ask for one more selfish request. You have done so much for our people already. I ask that you help us with one final task. From what I understand you have brought down a fledgling devil demigod. With your help, we can destroy Aria's secret lab and bring their crimes to light so that they can never attempt to do this again. Fumiyo would bow to the party. “I know this is a momentous task I propose, it will not be easy, but, please, help us put a final end to this story. Let us set everyone free!”

Maukeen would look to her sister as well. It seemed her answer might decide the fate of her decision as well.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:11 pm
"What you are asking for is a hero, not an adventurer. Why does everyone confuse those two? I don't know if I am one of those. But, I will try "  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:06 pm
Valac finally hearing a call to action and the word 'Hero' being mentioned livened up, "Hero? You might not be one Ruin but I damn well am."

Looking up at Fumiyo Valac would continue, "If it was easy you wouldn't be asking us. And if it was easy I'd be sulking the entire time. Bring me to the glory worthy of a hero."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Muattles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:55 am
Having watched the back and forth following Ruin's earlier question to them, Ashtuku finally answers, standing up.

"As your friend says, It is the responsibility of the soul to do good. Besides, I need to grow my own personal power to further my own goals, and it sounds like there is much learning to be done in this endeavor you embark upon. If you will have me, I would be honored to help in your crusade against Aria, no less because they will mark me as an enemy according to Maukeen. Might as well help you take out those who would destroy me were they able. I have enough of those about in the world already."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:22 pm
Kuori isn't as quick to say yes. After the second explosion, she looks off into the distance.

"Let's be clear on something Fumiyo. We were able to do that because of the strength that my Goddess gave me. She brought us back from the dead to save my people." She motions around, "This many explosions is going to create instability. It might not be today, but the structural integrity of the Underdark was altered. My people escaped a boiling pot, only to find themselves in a fire and you're stoking it to accomplish your goals."

She locks eyes with the fox, "Quid pro quo. We got the Wand, you supplied us and save us. You want the strength of Kuliak with you, you save her people. Get these ones, Lydia's people, and the ones back at the camp together. Be it here, Light's Stand, Fort Rebirth, wherever. They aren't in a state to fight this battle right now. They fought their own. If you unite them in one spot and give them the option to head to the surface and escape the mess that you helped make, then I will lend you my aid."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:56 pm
Fumiyo looks at the burning city of collapsing stalagmites behind her. "Ah...yes. I will see what I can do, though the explosions should mostly be over. That first one was the sound of the Elder Brain's protective barrier being destroyed, the second was the collapsing of Aria's portal. If you would like to observe what is taking place, I can arrange that. Or, if you would like to participate in Aria's routing, I can arrange that as well."

As for Kuori's request Fumiyo would respond. "I'm sorry, but what you ask is impossible, even for one such as myself. I can teleport small groups great distances instantly, but, as you are aware from experiencing it yourself, it is extremely dangerous. The ocean of shadow mirrors is turbulent at best, and if contact is broken from me for just an instant, one can be lost forever. It is a journey I dare not risk for more then a dozen at a time. If I was to try and transport hundreds if not thousands of people this way, even in small groups, casualties would no doubt ensue. However, the journey back to refuge for your people is long and arduous from here, yes? Arrange your most vulnerable, ones who the journey would be most perilous, and I will transport them safely back home. I will also take Lydia to my people and try to return her to her normal state."

Fumiyo raises her eyebrow. "Though, if I do this, it becomes all the more imperative that we succeed on this final mission. By transporting your people, I will be exposing them to dangerous knowledge about myself. The kind of knowledge Aria makes people disappear over."

Maukeen would butt in. "Aria has promised they will not touch our people as long as I remain loyal, something that will be broken if I do not return."

Fumyo gives Maukeen an inquisitive look. "I find it curious that you put so much stalk in their words. You do realize, they have a documented history of lying to us. They also have the ability to take our memories, you know this to be true. What is to stop them from taking this memory of this promise, when it suits their needs." Fumiyo's face then shifts to one of sympathy. "I don't say this to be mean. I want to help you, like all those left behind, even if it means exposing the harsh truth. Aria, will never treat you as more then a weapon, and they will manipulate you in any way they need to accomplish their goals."

Maukeen looks over at Pierette then looks down at the ground with a sigh. "I guess, it always was more a hope then a promise. I...I always... hoped... as long as I did everything they wanted, they would keep their word to me. What else did I have. Hope is the only thing I had."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:32 pm
"Irene would need to be seen to as well."Ruin stated openly, as he would rest his arms against the back of his head and begin walking to where he saw the portal. As the only non-demi Arian, and being the one that let the Gladesdale portal close, he felt it was his problem to ensure this portal was destroyed.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:05 pm
"You're a real manipulative b***h sometimes Fumiyo." She sighs and straps her mace to her side. "I knew that you probably couldn't do it all. But what you did to better your situation made theirs worse. And you might think that the worst thing that could happen to them is to fall under Aria's eye again, but the truth is that the worst that can happen to them is that them lose another leader. It's like Maukeen said, hope is on short supply in Lightlost right now and I can'-"

Novi places their hand on Kuori's shoulder, "You should go." The larger Goliath motions to the group, "They still have leaders. Your brother, me, and Lydia's people will be able to help us recover more than we could on our own. But you were destined for this path Kuori, even if you don't want to go right now. Your voice can be the reason to her zealotry." Novi eyes Fumiyo.

"And you. Listen to her. You want her as your heavy hitter, then you need to let her balance you. She's not wrong, there were better ways to do what was done here tonight." She looks back to Kuori "And you, get along." She looks to Ruin, "You, accept help, and be grateful for it. People are not tools for your convenience." To Valac, "You ... uh ... smile more. Or don't. You're kind of scary when you do. But there is more to life than battle. I hope you find something that makes you as happy as war."

And back to Kuori, "We've got this. Go save more people Heroine. We'll start building a statue in your honor, so you will have to come back to knock it down if you want otherwise." They pull around into a hug and speak in giant. b]"You are destined for great things."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:33 pm
Fumiyo, lets out a sigh. She responds to Kuori, her smile now with a cold edge to it. "I see, my faith in you was misplaced after all. Very well, your assistance is no longer needed then. I wish you success with your endeavors with your people. I will trouble you no longer."

Fumiyo would walk over to Vivian's statue and place her hand on it. She would then reach out her other hand to the group. "I am departing, those who wish to aid in ending's Aria's experiments for good, please form up on me and hold tight; you do not want to lose contact as we travel through the Sea of Shadow Mirrors." Pierette and Brodus and Lionel move over and grab on to Fumiyo. Maukeen gives her sister a glance, then moves over to Fumiyo as well. "I will see this through to its end, then, you return me to my normal state, and to my people."

Irene waves her clawed hands. "Thanks, and I appreciate your concern Ruin, but, uh, I'm going back to the surface. I have kept Mr. Roland and the rest of my servants waiting long enough. Kuori's people are saved, its time for me to go back home."

((Ruin would recall he has never seen Aria's gate down here. The only person he knows who knows the locations is Pomona. He can tell which direction the sound of the explosion came from, but it sounded to be a ways in the distance, and the flaming collapsing citadel lay in his path to it.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:24 pm
"I can live a lifetime in a minute's time..." Valac muttered to himself before he joined the others which were joining Fumiyo.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff