Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:26 pm
Ruin rolled his eyes at Novi's statement to him. People are not tools? Bravely said, from someone who is receiving the fruits of his labor and will forget about him in a week or two.

"As you wish, Irene, just make sure Kouri gets the item you traded for this trip." He hated to part with her here, in the Underdark, but a contract was agreed to. Her safety through the Underdark for magic items... he couldn't remember what they were. But, then again, it wasn't his bargain. "that said, I hope you have a safe trip back."

Walking over he would grab on to the group leaving. If he survived the next trip, he was going to sleep in the sun for a week after this...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:37 am
Ash moves to join the group, but as they do looks to Kuori, then back to Fumiyo, then transmitting a psychic message. "I have seen this one wield phenomenal power channeled from her Godess in my one and only encounter with her. Your faith seems to have been placed in her for a reason, but her hot-headed emotional reaction to...I assume a shared history causes you to lose it? I don't know you...or anyone here really...but I feel like if she follows her friends advice and gets along, she could easily be the hero her people believe her to be and help accomplish this goal? Perhaps the group can agree some words were said too hastily and move on so that her power could better be added to our own?"  

Muattles

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:07 pm
Kuori chuckles a bit, "Yeah, suit yourself then. I'll pray your you if I remember." The Goliath wonders away and starts preparing for the trip home, getting people into motion.

Novi stays by Fumiyo, visibly conflicted. "If you won't take her, take me. She's proud, always been that way. You turning her away is only going to make her double down. But I understand the importance of what you are doing."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:47 pm
"Oh, by the nine gates... One second, Fumi..." Ruin would break from the group and run over to Kouri,

"You are the most confusing, selfish p***k... I may have said some things in the devil's playroom. In an attempt to save one person... I remember a soldier in the fort above that only required a simple ritual and we could have evicted her demon ... and another who held out for one hope that we would save her friend. But, you had to have a damned talismen. I also remember you, shooting an arrow at Maukeen rather than talking to your sister. And a week later risking life and limb to retrieve a dead body from a purple gods-damned worm. You want to talk about being a manipulative b***h. All of these events were all you. This whole trip was all about you and your family... Some of us don't have that! So, while you walk off into the sunset, remember, that your family chose to live here. For generations... They could have left, but they didn't. And now, only now you want a pass. There's the path, we walked it! They can too. You want to be friends, why would I want to be friends with you. prove it. I am here... I have been here. Doing what I can for your family. Hell, I have laid my life down for them... ALL of them... you want me on my knees?"

Ruin would drop to his knees, "Fine, a*****e. For the future of Lightlost and for Ying and Corsica. This is me begging for you to apologize to Fumiyo and join us in Aria."  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:50 pm
"You mean to say that you were ready to abandon me and everyone else in there to save her neck and your own. Why would I want you at my back when I know that you don't have mine Ruin?
Why would I do a simple"
she says the word mockingly, "ritual that requires our entire team to put our minds at risk to save one person. It was safer to put them down.
Yeah, I shot at Maukeen, she was working for Aria and had her chance. Hells, I came here thinking these people we saved were about to become the next batch of Demis. I was proven wrong and owned up to it.
And I thought that my brother deserved better than to be Worm food.

And you're right Ruin, we've lived here for generations. We were also just completely decimated. And some renegade shadow fox came in here blowing up everything she could. So yes, while the few who remain could stay, now our home may very well collapse in on us in time. I knew what I was asking for wasn't entirely reasonable. I also know that my people aren't an afterthought, as Fumiyo's plans seem to think."

She shakes her head at Ruin. "I don't want to be your friend Ruin. You were ready to betray me. You only come back to ask for my help when it suits you. Where was any of this fifteen minutes ago?"

She looks to Fumiyo's direction, "I'll go, but I'm not apologizing. She needs to acknowledge the harm she has done in trying to do good. Lest freedom become supremacy and the captives become the tyrants. If she can't take a bit of humble pie, I don't need to lend my weapon to her plan. When things are stable here, we can march on Aria, with a battalion of united Goliath who trust eachother instead of a ragtag party of adventures in it for themselves."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:02 pm
Ash once again attempts to speak...insofar as speaking can be considered to be what is happening...to the discord happening currently.

"I am an outsider and know nothing of much of this personal drama other than what I have seen. I cannot say I am surprised that this man's impassioned pleas for help did not bring you around just now, but I must point out one other thing followed by a question."

"First, I am assuming that any apology would be less for this Fumiyo's pride and more to prove that you were willing to follow whatever plan of action might be suggested. It sounds as if this mission will be dangerous, if well coordinated. Having someone along who is actively feuding with the General of the hypothetical army to act as a lynch pin could be as much threat to the operation as benefit. An apology would presumably be meant to show a willingness to follow through on the plans as stated, or at the least go in on good faith that everyone's goals in this instance are aligned enough that we should work together, and are willing to respect her leadership and forethought in planning this mission."

"As to the question. I posit the situation in which you leave here today and go with your people. We go on the mission. We fail. Aria comes back to find your people and does turn them into the next batch of whatever a Demi is, with all the implications I have heard to say that this is a very bad thing to have done to you. Being alone and unprepared for the might of Aria, you are able to do nothing to stop them. Should you live through that, will you be able to live with yourself, knowing that you might have been the difference between our failure and our success? We may yet still win without you, but can you be certain you are that unimportant to the team?"

Ash then looks to Fumiyo. "I posit a similar question to you. In all of your planning for this day, in everything you have done up to this point, can you be certain that this person will not represent the difference between success and failure? As I have said, I have seen great things accomplished through her faith, a rare thing. Would you be able to accept her allegiance and willingness to pursue your goals, even if you do not necessarily have her implicit trust?"

Rolled 20 + 18 on Diplomacy roll, for what that's worth

Muattles

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:08 am
"So, it is fine when you go against the party's wishes to help the living remain living, when you form a deal with a girl and I end up caring for her more than you, and it is okay when your family points spears at me for talking to them. But, I think about swapping in one of Maukeen's proven warriors for my place while I figure out how to save Vivian from a pain I caused, to get a child out of combat, with the full intent to return. And say, something so Vivian doesn't feel bad for it... I didn't run against the Crawlers, I didn't run against the worm, I didn't run against the fort... The umber hulks, the ropers, mind flayer and his army of slaves and thralls, the giant who had me in a bag with furniture. I came on this mission expecting to die and to become a plaything to the Wounded One for all eternity. But, add a devil and I need to run? How the ******** does that make sense?"

"Do as you wish, but Novi was pointing the 'people are tools' card at the wrong person." Ruin shakes his head and stands up, "This lot is probably wanting to point their weapons at me as well."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:19 pm
((As Kuori thinks about it a little more, she realizes the sounds of explosions she heard from the battle taking place beyond her sight would not be enough to destabilize this region of the Underdark. If anything, she would be more concerned by the collapsing stalagmite towers of the Mindflayer citadel that Aria destroyed. However, given its location next to the wall of the cavern, the place would still remain rather stable. Any further attempt to blame Fumiyo's actions for destabilizing the region will require a bluff check. ))

After listening everything said so far, Fumiyo would rub her forehead with her free hand and let out a sigh. She would comment to Ash, "For an outsider to this situation your assessment is quite astute. I don't think I could have summed it up better myself. I suppose, I will allow one more chance."

Fumiyo would stare directly at the goliath cleric, her gaze fiercely intense. "Kuori, I am acutely aware that you are too proud to admit when you have stepped out of bounds, so I will not ask for an apology. However, I will not tolerate you falsely accusing me of doing wrong in this situation. I am stopping Aria from getting their hands on power far too terrifying to imagine them wielding. My people's actions here pose no risk to this cavern or your people. I have no idea where this hostility is coming from, given I have done nothing but help you and your companions. If I had not made the weeks long journey here from Gladesdale take a matter of minutes, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now, nor, would you be wielding those weapons and arms you used so proudly to slay that Archdevil. However, I don't require an explanation for this attitude, as I am not going to argue this point.

"I will ask this but one more time. Will you help me, Corsica, Ying, Illya, and all the others, finally put an end to Aria's monstrous actions, so not only us, but all the others that they have yet to harm with their evil machinations, can finally be at peace? Accepting this means you will respect my authority as the leader of the Demis and commander of this operation. I will give commands and they will need to be followed. If this is beyond what you are willing to do, then let us part ways here. Return your people and help guide them home, and I will continue to shepherd mine."

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:08 pm
PupSage

She looks to Fumiyo's direction, "I'll go, but I'm not apologizing. She needs to acknowledge the harm she has done in trying to do good. Lest freedom become supremacy and the captives become the tyrants. If she can't take a bit of humble pie, I don't need to lend my weapon to her plan. When things are stable here, we can march on Aria, with a battalion of united Goliath who trust eachother instead of a ragtag party of adventures in it for themselves."

"I already said I'd go." The goliath grunts and walks off to talk to some people for a moment, then comes back. "Alright."  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff