Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:30 am
The poison wasn't pleasant- what it did do though, was give him an opportunity to center himself, focusing away from the victim's they'd rushed up to protect or the giant worm thing gnawing on his side uselessly and into the earth beneath his feet, the living energy and cool of the ground radiating up through him, the tingling cool on the air until he breathed out frost-

And though his body still felt like lead, this time, by either force his own or under the direction of the primal forces lending him their aid, the hammer rose up, high and steady, his shield pressing against the crawler's head and forcing that maw off of his hide armor, just far enough for the hammer to drop- that sensation of deadening chill echoing through its body now as the bludgeon slammed it off his person, clearing up a little space to fight properly with the thing again, the human stumbling at first as his legs started to respond again, grin slowly creeping over his face-

It seemed the fight was back on.

[Font of Life: 16 to save, conditions end]
[Nature's Wrath: Mark adjacent foes]
[Weight of Earth: 24 vs C2's AC]
[Hit: 12 damage, target slowed until end of Ilikan's next turn.]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:30 pm
Aftermath Crisis
User Image
(Rocks taking up less than one square, as well as squares occupied by dead bodies, are difficult terrain. Rocks larger than 1 square require an athletics check of 8 to move over. The carriage is 4 squares high and provides blocking terrain, requiring an athletics check of 18 to climb on top of it.)

Initiative Order
Revenge HP:35/65, Slowed, ongoing 5 poison, save ends both
Valac: HP: 73/69, +2 to Hit, 4THP
Ilikan HP:60/75,
Guards:
Crawlers: C1 Marked by Revenge, bloodied , C2 Marked by Ilikan, slowed, bloodied
Kuori HP: 54/54, +1 Fort, Ref, Will
Ruin HP: 62/59, +2 AC, AP used, 3THP

Valac swings wide in an attempt to look cool. Lucky for Ilikan he was a little more level headed and, once he shook off the affect of the poison, landed a good blow on the Crawler's head with his hammer, bloodying him.

The guards all slash at the crawlers nearest and though their coordinated efforts they all land clean blows. C1 one is bloodied!

Though both severely wounded, the carrion crawlers lash out at the Revenge and Ilikan with their tentacles. However, only Revenge is hit (10 damage) and he feels the sting of the poison in his blood once more (slowed, ongoing 5 poison, save ends both)

((Kuori up!)  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 am
Kuori takes a few steps forward. "Ugh, both of you two take a cue from the new guy and stop failing. They're bloated worms, the things that await us below are much worse." She waves her hand as the light shoots from it to the worm.

Sacred Flame
25 vs reflex for 10 damage and Revenge can make another save.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:29 am
Kuori sears the Crawler (C2) with radiant light. The wound it leaves behind smells something awful!

((Ruin Up))  

Kowsauni
Crew

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:52 pm
"For the love of..." Ruin would move north past the guard, to have a clear shot on the crawler giving Revenge trouble and release a bolt of energy from his rod.

Quote:

Move: K12
Standard: E.bolt: 19 vs C2 Reflex, 19 Force damage

If C1 tries OA; Immediate Reaction: Reflective Hellstrike 19 Fire and Necrotic damage and pushes it 3 squares west. And if it survives: Ily gets his Mark challenged, and everyone can charge C1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:36 pm
As Ruin tries disengage from the crawler it lashes out at him, biting into his side with his sharp teeth (18 damage), but the warlock does manage to get away.

He blasts the crawler next to Revenge(C2) with his bolt of force and the creature falls over dead.

((Ilikan, go ahead and make your Warden's Fury attack and then I'll factor in Ruin's Reflective Helstrike.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:14 pm
Ilikan wasn't quite fast enough to intercept the crawler's lunge at the escaping warlock- but plenty enough to punish it.

"No."

And then the warden's hammer would come in a wide underhanded swing, clocking the overextended beast beneath it's head with a burst of that primal energy- and enough force to bowl it over onto its back.

[Warden's Fury: 29 vs Fortitude]
[Hit: 15 damage, enemy is knocked prone, enemy grants combat advantage to allies until end of next turn.]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm
Free Action:
SOUL FEAST! 3 THP's for Ruin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:23 pm
With his mighty hammer Ilikan ends the life of the last remaining carrion crawler before it has a chance to bite Ruin.

End of Fight

With all the overgrown worms being dead, the guards in ornate plate mail would clean their longswords and sheath them. One of their number would approach the group and flip up his visor, revealing himself to be a human male in his late 20's. "Good afternoon; we greatly appreciate your timely assistance. Our carriage broke down here and we were beset by these horrid creatures, no doubt drawn by all these rotting corpses, as if the smell was not enough. I'm not sure how we would have fared without your help."

Suddenly, the door to the carriage would pop open and out would hop a young woman in a lacy, gothic-looking black and white dress with long sleaves that cover her hands. Her long blond hair was done in tight curls. She looked to be no more than 15 with pale skin and a thin wispy build. In fact, she looked like she almost could be sickly but the way she moved seemed to prove otherwise. She would begin to bound over to the party but the guard talking would quickly move to intercept her. "M'lady, I don't think it is best for you to be outside right now. You should stay in the wagon until it is repaired. You still have much to write about your research, don't you?"

The young lady, who couldn't even be five feet tall, was dwarfed by her guard. Still she would stamp her foot and fix him with a grumpy gaze. "Mr. Rolard, you forget your place. I wish to thank those who personally put themselves at great risk to save us without hesitation or request for some sort of compensation beforehand." The girl would nimbly dodge around the guard and approach the party.

She would look them over with her large piecing blue eyes, then smile. After a polite curtsy she would begin to talk. "Greetings, everyone. I am Irene Blackwood, of the Blackwood noble family, and I wish to humbly thank you for your help. If possible I would like to compensate your generous assistance in some way. If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to this lonesome field of battle?"

Irene Blackwood
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:00 pm
"A banquet it seems..." Ruin would answer with distrait, as he looked over at Revenge at first. Judging his condition with a non-healer's glance.

The paladin was the only one Ruin wanted to survive this trip, given he has a wife and a reason to live beyond the battlefield.

"...though it is the point in between the Underdark and the fort."  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 am
Kuori looks to Ruin with some scorn, "Once we find my brother and lay him to rest. I don't want him becoming worm food, at least not on the surface." She looks to the girl, unimpressed and unsure as to what she could offer. Gold wouldn't mean much in the coming weeks. She looks away, eager to move on, "I don't know if there is much you can do for us miss. I just didn't want this place to be further stained by death. Chances are the stains left here will last for a while as is."

((If you are really hurt Kuori can plant her battle standard, when you spend a surge, everyone else gains 1 hp, she can also healing word 2 people for surge value+13hp))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 am
Ruin remained unmoved until Kouri spoke to the girl. "Um... There are at least 10 extra eyes with her. If she and her people are inclined to repay the a**-saving. They could help us look for your brother." He would throw out there, now that her brother was out of the bag of secrets that he wasn't going to being up to strangers.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Irene Blackwood
User Image

Irene's eyes would light up at Ruin's mention of the Underdark. However before responding she listened to what Kuori had to say.

Irene would clap her hands together. "I might be able to save you all quite bit of trouble and then perhaps we can help each other out. While I was out combing these fields for my research I came across the body of a goliath, the only one I have seen in this area. He had had Gentle Repose cast upon him, no doubt by one of the army's clerics while they gathered their own dead."

Irene would turn and look sympathetically at Kuori. "His body bore tattoos similar to your own. If it is any condolence to you, it looked like his death was a quick one." Irene would turn her attention back to the rest of the group. "If you desire, I will take you to this body's location and you can perform the proper burial rites. Once this is done I... I want to travel with you to the Underdark!"

At this point Mr. Roland would interject. "M'lady, I must protest. It is not in our itinerary and the underdark is most dangerous. It is one thing for you to observe the corpses of these monsters up here but down below it would be a different story. We can't have you traipsing off with some adventurers in your, ahem, condition."

Irene would turn around and glare at her guard. "I observed that fight Mr. Roland. As far as I could tell these adventurers would be far more capable of protecting me than you are. And besides, it's not your decision to make, it's theirs."

Irene would turn back around and look at the party imploringly. "Please, you might be my only chance at this. I'm sure I can be of some use to you. Despite what my guards might have you believe, I am far more capable than I appear. What's more, I can compensate you. I have gold, obviously, and if that doesn't interest you I have some magic items I would gladly trade for passage."

The rest of the guards, besides Mr. Roland, begin to bandage and treat their wounds. One of them wanders over and offers Revenge and Ilikan a healing potion. The label Tristan's Tonics could be seen emblazoned on the side of the bottle.

((Everyone can take the benefit of a short rest if they like.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:01 pm
The human waved off the potion politely, watching the exchange between the four, reclining against the nearby stones, hands atop his hammer, but didn't relax too much lest he miss potential tell of other scavengers approaching, were there any around not scared off by the noise.

He looked at Kuori curiously, their appointed guide and apparently the one with family involved in all of this, curious what her take on the girl coming with them into the underdark would be. She was seemingly most knowledgeable of it, but given her tone so far suspected she'd advise against this. Not that he thought it was prudent- but it certainly piqued his curiosity. Besides, what was a little challenge but spice when there was a reward on the table?

He was sure the one with the gusto would agree, and the other one with the shield would probably make the job none too hard in actual combat, if they could keep a semblance of unit cohesion. Environmental hazards could be another matter, however.

"Need to travel light- carriage and retinue would need to head back. Besides, couple of the boys at the fort were concerned, might appreciate word you lot are well."

[No surges spent.]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:59 pm
"I think we are in agreeance, the Underdark is no place for anyone who can't protect themselves. And you need friends at the burial, not an a*****e." Ruin would say to Kouri, as he rested his blade against his back. "I can stay behind and test the girl. By the time you come back, she will either rethink her wish or you will have my verdict."

IF Kouri gave her okay with his plan(to speed things along and I will not be on this weekend)

"If there are no other objections... Mister Roland, Please take my companion to her brother, but before you go Give Miss Blackwood your sword and one of your tonics. She will need both." Ruin spoke calmly(Intimidate 26). His intent would be to test her psyche, as well as combat prowess.
(edit she said no)  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games