Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:59 am
"If we defeat it, the souls will be freed, but this is going to be a tough fight. Valac, Novi, take point, Maukeen and Ruin right behind them, me and the gemstone will bring up the rear. Focus on the big guy as much as you can, but if others come, clean up as neccessary. Watch the Vivian clone."  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:27 am
Ruin would approach the throne. "I am Ruin. Servant of Legion. I would ask your name, but that doesn't matter. I demand that you release these people." Motioning to all the souls, speaking to the Pit Fiend

"If you do so, your soul will remain intact. You'll be free to swim in the Astral Sea. As other gods do. Free to gather new worshipers, and restart this... In ten thousand years or so. If you don't, we will destroy you. What do you say?"

Intimidate 19 Ultimatum  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:37 pm
An eerie grin spreads across the alien face of the Pit Lord. When he speaks his voice sound of booming thunder. "Hmm, what an interesting proposition. Allow me to make a counter offer. What If I absorb all of your souls and use that energy to complete my rebirth. It was so convenient for you to wander in here with the energy I need to complete the ritual. If not for you, I might have been trapped in here forever as nothing but a shadow. Well, shall we get started?"

The Devil raises his hand and the party rises into the air. Beams of light shoot from the stone throne and pierce into everyone's chest. Paralyzed, your vision begins to dim as your body drifts into the empty vastness with the rest of the trapped souls. The fading sound of the Devils latter rings in your ears...until it suddenly stops!

Something, deep down inside you begins to grow, like a bubbling brook surging forth until suddenly exploding into air like steaming geyser. Power courses through your body, causing the chain of light to snap. You gently float back to the stone ground below as if guided by a divine wind. You feel stronger then you have ever felt before in your entire life and you are not sure why, but when you look around you see one of your companions is different. In place of Kuori there now stands a different Goliath women, almost ten feet tall with a chiseled angelic appearance. She glows with a divine aura. Maukeen falls to the her knees, her mouth agape. A singe word escapes her lips "...Kuliak..."

The devil looks astounded, but he quickly growls in anger. "Fine, I guess we will do this the hard way. I will pull your souls from your broken body!" He stand and a flaming whip and sword appear in his hands, but gone is cocky expression. It's almost as if he feels...fear.

((Congratulations, through Kuliak's divine blessing, everyone is now level 11! Go ahead and level up your characters and then roll initiative. In addition Kuori is currently an avatar of her God. She is large in size and has reach, she has a +2 bonus to hit with her attacks and +5 to her damage rolls. Once per encounter, Kuori can transform into a wave of water and shift up to her speed as a move action, returning to her human form the end of the movement.))  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:48 am
Ruin would smile, "You mean the fun way," twirling his rod.

THP: 0/0 HP 88/88
AC: 19 Fort: 20
Reflex: 21 Will: 18
Vestige: Zutwa

Initiative: 9

Updated Ruin  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:36 am
Kuori: 14
Novi:16

This can't be how it ends. Kuori thought as the beams of light pierced her heart, sending her falling to the ground. Her armor clanged hard as she fell, sending her body rattling, but her soul kept falling down into the infinite darkness head first.
As she looked ahead for the eventual impact, she continued to think. We made it so far though. She continues plummeting downward, closes her eyes, and sheds a tear. I'm sorry that I failed you.
And she stopped. Water surging beneath her and carrying her back up towards her body.
As she rose, she grew and towered over the others, becoming gaunt. Her tattoos glowed a soft bluish white and shifted on her skin like waves.
The Goliath reached down to Novi and lifted them. "It's not your time yet."
Novi nods to the Cleric, a small bow and a a thank you to the Goddess whose name is rarely mentioned in Goliath society. Novi steps in front of their kin and readies themselves for the fight to come.

Novi is a little taller now themselves.  
Mongooseh rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:48 pm
The divine wind that Valac felt had left a burning sting as the demonic presence inside his body had a violent reaction to the intrusion and reasserted itself.

With a dark chuckle Valac heard inside his head, "You fall further brother..."

Valac shook the voice out of his head, he would need to focus on the Devil before him.

"You can have the other one but you can't have mine!" Shouted Valac raising his Fullblade.

<15 initiative.>  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Muattles rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Muattles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:45 pm
Ash prepares to fight the monster coming towards them, sure in their certainty that this was one job too large and too dangerous to have accepted. But if they hadn't, someone else might have and it would have been the same end of society type situation. Better to be here and at least feel like you could do something.

And then they were doing something. Blessed by some power to be stronger. Given the power to actually fight in this ridiculous situation. Turns out it was that kind of group.

Initiative: 17+5 = 22  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:04 pm
Glimmers
User Image
(the back of the Throne is 30 feet tall, the sides are 15 and the front is 10 feet. it is a DC 15 climbed check to climb on the thrown).

Initiative Order
Chrimarl, Cursed, bloodied,
Ash: HP 46/58, Prone
Valac: HP 95/95,
Novi: HP 79/91, Prone
Kuori HP: 75/75
Ruin HP:76/88, Prone
Muakeen

The devil snorts and a powerful aura radiates over the over the entire arena, burning all in its way with terrible necrotic necrotic energy, (Aura 10, 5 Fire, Necrotic damage per turn. )

The devil then stomps his foot, sending out an intense shockwave across the the entire field. Ash, Novi and Ruin are all knocked off their feet and slammed into the hard stone ground (12 damage).

((I forgot Kuori is large, I'll fix it on the next iteration of the map. Just a reminder, the demon is standing ten feet up in his chair ))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Muattles rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Muattles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:06 pm
((Don't see Ash's position, but assume they're near the group?))

Ash stands with frustration and throws out a hand, casting Mass Resistance over the party tuned towards Fire. Might not help with the Aura, but see what other tricks the demon has up it's sleeve, might protect against that. ((Minor Action, everyone gets +10 resist Fire))

Ash brings their staff around and makes a grand gesture to the demon, muttering something under their breath while doing so.

((Hypnotism Standard Action, d20 +14 (total 20) vs Will, if hit demon does melee basic attack against itself with +4 power to hit))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:32 am
HP90/95, Conditions: N/A

Valac rushes forward to the seat of the throne stowing his weapon away when he reached the bottom of the throne.

Valac clambered up the front of the throne grunting as he went,

"Stay right there! I'll knock you off this damn thing!"

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:58 pm
Novi springs right back up (minor action from acrobat's boots) and move to T13. "I'm going to pull him off of that throne in a minute, be ready."

She then proceeds to let loose a flurry of attacks.
(numbers)
32 vs AC for 14
21 vs AC for 17
20 vs REFLEX for 19 [Impaling spear]
(If any hit, marking it.)

Action Point! [ Stonehide Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you also gain a +2 bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.]

Driving Strike:
20 vs Reflex for 18 dmg [Controlling greatspear to convert push to slide and slide it 3 squares forward[bottom left in T8], And knock it prone, shifting to move forward 1 [S13]
24 vs Reflex for 15 dmg and push to X4 and knock prone two more times for good measure.
Miss: Push to T8 and 16 dmg, still prone

"Not so menacing when you aren't on you special seat, are you?"

Rain of Blows:
Rain of Blows Fighter Attack 3
You become a blur of motion, raining a series of blows upon your opponent.

Encounter ✦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon

Target: One creature

Attack: Strength vs. AC. Make the attack twice against the target.

Hit: 1[W] damage.

Weapon: If you're wielding a flail, a light blade, or a spear and have Dexterity 15 or higher, make the attack a third time against either the target or a different creature.

Marked:
Combat Challenge: In combat, it’s dangerous to ignore a fighter. Every time you attack an enemy, whether the attack hits or misses, you can choose to mark that target. The mark lasts until the end of your next turn. While a target is marked, it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t include you as a target. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place. In addition, whenever an enemy marked by you is adjacent to you and shifts or makes an attack that does not include you, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as an immediate interrupt.

Driving Attack
Daily ✦ Invigorating, Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon

Target: One creature

Primary Attack: Strength vs. AC

Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you push the target 1 square. You then shift 1 square to a square the target vacated. Make a secondary attack against the target.

Secondary Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude

Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you push the target 2 squares and knock it prone.

Miss: Half damage, and you push the target 1 square.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:34 pm
Moment of Glory, shield of faith

Maukein, Novi, Ruin, and Kuori all get DR5 sustain minor for Kuori

Then 31 vs Will on Chrimarl if they are in the blast. To Push them 3.

Close blast 5 to give all allies and Kuori +2 AC for the entire encounter

Then move to S17

Kuori lays down the party buffs. "Damn it Valac, we do this EVERY time." But used to having to manage the barbarian she adds, "Keep it off of the throne." Pulling back to the back lines where she does best.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:13 pm
THP: 10 HP 76/88
AC: 19 Fort: 20
Reflex: 21 Will: 18
Vestige: Zutwa

Ruin continued to smile as he absorbed the essence of pain from Novi. Sharpening his senses and calming his eager nerves.

He was fighting a Devil! He wanted to fight one in the fort, but lost that chance... And this time it was ordained by a god... Who wouldn't be excited!

Pushing himself to his feet, the warlock would call forth the ancient and terrible forces forgotten to time and gods. And direct them to invade the Ascended Balor's mind.

Life Siphon
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Healing
Immediate Reaction
Effect: +2 power bonus to one attack roll before the end of your next turn. (Used on Command the Abyss)
You gain 10 THP

Move: Stand up.

Command of the Abyss
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Implement, Psychic
Attack: 30 vs. Will
Hit: 15 psychic damage, and you stun the target until the end of your next turn.

Warlock Curse: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:27 pm
Glimmers
User Image
(the back of the Throne is 30 feet tall, the sides are 15 and the front is 10 feet. it is a DC 15 climbed check to climb on the thrown).

Initiative Order
Chrimarl, Stunned, Prone.
Ash: HP 41/58, , 10 Necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2 AC
Valac: HP 95/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotix res,
Novi: HP 74/91, 10 necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2AC
Kuori HP: 70/75 10 necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC
Ruin HP:76/88, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC, 10 THP
Muakeen,

Chirmal laughs at the Shrdmind's attempt to control his mind.

As Valac climbs the throne Chrimarl tires to strike him with his fiery blade, however the Barbarian deftly jumps out of the way of the blow, causing sparks and peices of stone to fall where the devil struck.

Miraculously, Novi Manges to poke the devil in his hoof in such a way that it causes him to jump off his throne in pain. Kuori then blast him back with divine energy.

Then, with forces more terrible then the devil's themselves, Ruin invades the min of the Archdevil, temporarily stunning him.

Maukkeen grows her roper tentacles from her back and lashes out the the demon with them, striking him twice.

The Chrimarl is stunned.

((Ash up))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Muattles rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Muattles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:16 pm
Ash's eyes narrow at the demon's laughter, and they move closer to the stunned monstrosity, (movement 6, should take me to s6 if I understand right) and attempts the power again.

(18+15+2=35 vs Will, in addition to the forgotten feat last turn of Spell Focus which says target takes -2 to saving throws from my spells. On a hit, Ash will slide the target 5 squares. Additionally, my level 11 class power should kick in on his next turn if he's still within 3 squares of Ash, taking a -5 to saving throws against my charm affects and -2 to all other saving throws.)  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games