Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:30 pm
As Kuori exits through the portal door she feels her goddess's divine blessing leave her body. By the time she emerges back on the mortal plane Kuori has returned to her mortal form, however, the feeling of being a powerful instrument of her deity's will be bored into her memory forever.

All around them the party see's the goliaths begin to emerge from their translucent trance. They gaze around from within their cages in a confused manner. Most seem exhausted, though some begin to work on busting out of their confinement. The only sounds other than the stirring goliaths was of the Mindflayer citadel burning behind them, casting everything in an orange glow.

Seeing the rest of her team finally leave safely through the portal, Vivian flies out of the collapsing pocket dimension as well. Despite Ruin's best efforts it was hard to hide the appearance of a 10 foot tall pure white demon with angel-like wings and a halo wreathed in purple flames. Most of the other Demi's look at her in astonishment but Lionel gasps in surprise. "Vi...Vivian! How! Your terminal defect...they took you away to... how are you still alive... and here of all places?"

Vivian looks at Lionel confused. It was clear she had no memory of him despite his statement. Instead she would turn to Ruin and state. "Ruin, that strange feeling is beginning to come back. How are we going to stop it?" Despite her putting on her usual tough demeanor, there was a hint of fear in her voice.

Maukeen moves to make for the exit but just before she is about step out she stops. Kuori could see her sister's shimmering form pause in front of the portal on the collapsing side. Though it was distorted, she could hear her sister mumble to herself. "My tasks is complete. Our people are free. Kuliak's will has been done. Perhaps, it would be best... if this is where it ended for me."

COMBAT ENDED

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:26 pm
Drawing Vivian's energy(Standard action draw -51),

"She survived by subtracting Aria from her life, a choice made by her loved ones on her behalf." Ruin spoke to Lionel, though his voice would drop saddened as he continued. "And it is the idiotic actions of an Arian that dragged her back to this..."

With a sigh, he would turn back to Vivian, "For now continue what works, and find the guy who drew the wards first... What is your earliest memory?"  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Muattles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:01 pm
Noticing the Warlock drawing energy without obvious enemies in sight Ash's eyes grow wider as they look back and forth between Vivian and Ruin.

"Uhm, what are you...going to do with that energy now?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:59 pm
"I don't know," Ruin would state with a shrug, "So, probably, Blow something up."  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:38 am
Kuori turns back and looks through the portal, moving behind Vivian she says, "Your time has not come yet. Your sacrifices have been noted. Join us once again." She extends a hand through the portal to her sister. "They lost many, the clan, the resistance, they need leaders like you. You write your story now, don't close it now."

Her focus is entirely on her sister.

-----------------

Novi is much more concerned about the potential exploding devil woman, but sets to tending to the people, "We need to leave." She takes weapons from the battlefield to arm a few warriors.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:07 pm
Lionel, crosses his arms. "Your vague answer doesn't explain anything. What I do know, is whatever Aria did to her, they turned her into a bomb that will continue to go off, over and over, until she destroys everything around her. I've seen it with my own eyes. They were unable to find a solution, so when she disappeared from the facility, we figured she must have been terminated. How are you planning on stopping her from destroying us now?"

Vivian looked terrified. "I-I's that true? I...I know something is not right, I feel this pressure building up inside of me and it is...maddening. But, Ruin is able to calm it, at least temporarily. You're telling me there is no way to fix it without getting my tattoo's back?" As for answering Ruin's question. Vivian would respond. "I don't know, my memory has always been fuzzy. I guess my earliest ones are with Tristian? There is nothing knew on that front, even after this transformation."

As Ruin draws away Vivian's energy, he realizes this is not going to work as a as a a long term sustainable solution. The chaotic energy builds up so quickly in Vivian he would need to devote all his time and energy trying draw it out of her, and even he would need to sleep and eat at some time. Also, there was the matter of discharging the energy, which could result in its own destructive consequences. Even now, Ruin could feel the energy he just pulled eating into him. He had mere seconds to discharge it before it started to pull his body apart.

Maukeen would look up at here sister through the Portal. "But you don't understand. Once I walk through this portal. I will have to return to Aria. I made a promise. As long as I served them faithfully, our people would be safe. They will help protect our clan and would not target anyone else for their experiments. It is a deal with the devil, but it is they only way I know to continue to keep our people safe. Already, they have helped fell one of our chief enemies in the region. I just have to keep serving their will...then...then..." Maukeen would trail off for a moment. Kuori could hear the conflict in her sisters voice as well as the sound of the pedestal continuing the crumble behind her. "I-I dare not break my oath to them, but, if I was to fall here, my end of the bargain will still have been kept. I would have served them to the end, and thus they would have to uphold the seal and leave our people alone."

Novi begins to collect weapons from the fiends that had been slayed earlier in battle, The weapons were of poor quality, consisting mostly of clubs and crude swords.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:31 pm
Forming the energy into a bolt, he would release it at the farthest possible point in space away from them. Facing Lionel, Ruin's sadness hardened.

"Buddy, Why should I care to give you anything, but vague answers?You work for the military that did this to her and countless other men, women and children. You don't care enough to explain that truth to one of your own, you admit to misleading her. You blame Fumiyo's group for wanting something outside of the very cage, you are afraid to step out of. And, you just captured an Elder Brain, to continue their experiments. For all I know, you just see a promotion in Vivian's pain. A pat on the head from your masters. So, unless you have something useful ... Shut that mouth of yours. Find a gods-damned book and stick your ******** nose into it........a book... The devil was from hell... Hell is hot..." Ruin would stop and blink for a moment, before grabbing Lionel and kissing him. (I will roll for the grab if you want.)

"Maukeen, I need your people to help me move some s**t. Same with your tribe, Novi and Kouri. Think they can help? You too, Irene, and Valac?"

"... The devil was a researcher, specifying in souls. Stuff that made Aria seem like a child trying to play potter. He had a book. It had to survive Hell, so it is possible it survived a mundane fire. And, He had thousands of years to perfect his research... Chances are he would have a way to undo his work. Pietetta can petrify Vivian if she gets too bad, until, we can dig it out... Sign the line, contract done. Vivian and everyone is normal, again, Right?!"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:46 pm
Kuori thinks for a bit, then looks at Maukeen. "You just have to die?" She gets a grin on her face, "Good thing that you know a Cleric of a death Goddess. Do you trust me?"

She ignored Ruin. As much as she might want to help Vivian, Ruin had made it clear where his loyalties were and she wasn't about to seem eager to help a friend that had scorned her so shortly ago.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:10 pm
Lionel shrugs his shoulders. “You can pass whatever judgment on me you want, but your moral indignation isn't going to stop her from shouting us to pieces once the chaotic energies inside her grow too powerful...” Lionel was interrupted mid sentence by Ruin's surprise kiss. He sputtered a bit before wiping his mouth and shaking his head. Other that that it seemed he was going to ignore Ruin's transgression. “I have no idea what you are gibbering about. If that Devil had a book on his research, it's probably still back in hell. However, you do have one good idea. Pierette, if you would be so kind would you...” Lionel would turn around an be surprised to find Pierette standing but a foot away, staring daggers into him. “What is all this? What are you guys even talking about? Who is that lady? It sounded like you knew her. You said that they took her away to destroy her. Who are they?”

Lionel looked visibly uncomfortable. It seemed he had inadvertently revealed more to the demi-cockatrice than she was suppose to ever hear. “Look, explanations can be given later. All you need to know right now is that demon looking lady is dangerous to all of us as well as to herself. If you petrify her. You can keep everyone safe as well as ease her own pain.”

“P-petrify me? As in turn me to stone? That sounds... kind of scary. Will I be aware of anything, will it hurt?” Vivian would suddenly wrap her arms around herself and wince in pain. “Then again, I can think of worse things, and I don't want to hurt anyone.” She turns and looks at Ruin. “You are suggesting this because you know how to turn me back to normal later... right?”

Maukein would look at her sister with a bit of a sad smile. “I think I know where you are going, but that will not work. Aria has clerics of their own. They recover our bodies and resurrect us when we don't return from missions. I've seen it happen to others. We are too much of an investment to lose I suppose. However, if my body lays trapped over here in this plane, I don't think they will be able to retrieve me. It's the only way out I see. Otherwise, I will have to continue to serve their will, to protect our people.”

Kuori hears the rumbling of the collapsing stones through the portal get even louder. She realizes she only has a few more moment's to help her sister make up her mind, one way or another, before the demi plane completely collapses.  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 3 Total: 11 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:30 pm
Ruin would draw a bit more energy from Vivian, "It will hurt for a moment, when you are first bitten; and after you return it will feel like you haven't moved your joints in a while."

"We do...Kouri knows how." Ruin would answer her question about returning her to an unpetrified state. Shifting his hands to hold her large hand, with a smile he would add to comfort her. "I am a warlock and we have a contract. Normally, that would mean death is the only way to stop me. But, I will pass your story to Illya, Fox, Lydia and other trusted individuals, so even if I fall you will not be alone for long."

((Diplomacy: 15 don't be afraid))

Turning to the two Arians, Ruin would loose the bolt at a stalagmite.
"Her name is Vivian and like Maukeen, she is a creation of Aria. Vivian's brother is the big guy over there, but these people," Ruin would pause for a moment to motion to the goliaths, "are Maukeen's original family, before Aria kidnapped her and made her like she is now. You can ask her if you like, in my eyes, you are just as much her sister as the one over by the portal. She may give you better answers than Lionel... As I understand it, "they" are those over you. People like your mother, or those over her. The people Maukeen had to get authorization from for this mission, to save her own. But, I am reaching here and compartmentalized information is a b***h to keep straight... and it doesn't matter, at this moment. Please, Pierette. In her current state, Vivian is in constant pain. No matter what you think of me, please grant her a moment of rest."

((Diplomacy: 10 please help her))  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:32 pm
[17 Diplomacy]

"Maukeen. If you die here, nothing stops them from breaking their word and coming right back. I believe you. I believe that the Aria you are familiar with, the one that Pierette is familiar with, exist. But there is corruption in their ranks. People like Vivian, like Valac, and like so many others I have met, not even just Demihumans, civilians. If you have to serve, then cut the corruption out. If you have to die, I will bring you back. But if you die here, the corrupt people in Aria *will* get ahold of that Elder Brain and do terrible things with it, and innocent people will get caught in the crossfire. Like in Gladesdale, or Lupa."  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:44 pm
Pierette would look to Lionel then to Ruin then to Vivian. The expression she wore looked as if her world had been shattered. She did not know what to think anymore, but through her confusion, one path did seem to be clear. She would walk up to the much larger Vivian, who looked a little apprehensive at her approach. “All right, you will want to sit down and tuck your knees to your chest and wrap your arms around them. Your wings, uh, try to fold them as close as you can. This will make it easier to move and protect your limbs.”

“Protect my limbs?” Vivian would give one more nervous glance to Ruin but would otherwise comply. “OK, See you on the other side I guess.”

Pierette would move to the hunkered down Vivian. “This might hurt a bit, but I'll be as gentle as possible.”

“Can't be worse than what is going on in my insides,” Vivian would quip. “Just get this over with.”

Pierette would bend down and nibble Vivian's shoulder. She would flinch a little bit but then look a bit surprised. “Huh, that wasn't too bad, I feel like I can't move my legs now though...” And those were the last words Vivian uttered before her face froze over in stone. She now was a rather large statue. With the threat of explosion gone, the question now remained how the party was going to move her. (Don't forget to have Ruin discharge his energy.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maukein would look her sister in the eyes and let out a sigh. “I suppose you are right. To end it here would be the coward's way out. I might remain Aria's tool but I can still try to exert my influence and be an agent for change... plus, there are those I need to protect on the inside.”

Maukein would step through the portal back into the material plane. Only moments later would the gateway shatter like glass into a thousand pieces and then disintegrate into dust. Maukein would put her hand on her sister's armored shoulder. “Thank you for helping me find my path again, though I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you. And, unlike Pierette, I am not naïve to the evil that Aria has perpetrated.” She would look at the young cockatrice demi and frown. “She has learned too much, here I can see it in her eyes. They will probably wipe her memory again when we return. She is unique among us. No other experiment is treated like her. I wonder if she is a prototype for how they plan to control us all in the future.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having gathered all the usable weapons in the area Novi begins to pass them out to her fellow goliaths. Groups of them begin to wander out of their broken cages. There are many warriors mixed among the general civilians and some even recognize their general. However, most everyone is still in a state of shock. They stare at the burning mindflayer citadel before them. One of them would ask, “What happened? Last thing I knew we were all being loaded into these strange cages and now... the entire place is in ruin...”  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:16 pm
Ruin would nod and smile, as Vivian spoke her goodbyes. "See ya, in a bit..."

"Thank you, Pieretta; My offer to introduce you to my friends still stands. You know, if you want a vacation or a new home." Ruin would state to the small Arian, before placing his hand on her shoulder. "I know, It's never easy to walk away from the life you know, but it will be okay if you do... I will give you a moment to think it over."

"I am going to try and find some... something...." Ruin would call back to everyone, before turning to the burning village and walking to it.

Taking a moment to rummage through his sack. Ruin would draw his last potion and down it. He didn't want to attract worms or other nightmarish creatures to them. Not this soon after the big fight. And with the threat of explosions past, the potion would ensure the energy wouldn't kill him. (+10Hp, New Current hp 61 - Minus Energy.)

Perception: 19 Find goodies, the book, and/or things to move Vivian.
Reminder Ruin is Fire Resistant 10.5 (5+half level)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:06 am
Ash remains relatively quiet while the others go about their various dramatic interactions. They have a well founded belief that everything happening here has little to do with them, and they would be better off not getting in the way.

When Vivian is frozen in stone, however, Ash tentatively offers, "If you all will be needing help moving her, I may have magical solutions. If you have better mechanical methods then I shall not intrude, but I thought I might make my services known and available."  

Muattles

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 7:42 pm
Upon hearing Ash's statement, Ruin would pause in his tracks to answer the shardmind,

"I am sure as a wizard you could, and you proved yourself in the devil fight... thank you for that and for the offer... But, I still don't know what to call you, and aren't you with Aria?"  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff