Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Kellan//He/Him/His

-----

The Touching had thus far been relatively uneventful. Kellan was feeling quite particular about the eggs that he touched, and spent some time watching the rest before making his move. It seemed that Be Prepared would rather be left alone, but he found himself intrigued by it. Thus far it had not appeared to give effusive responses, if the Candidates's faces had been anything to go by. However, Kellan didn't much care what it thought of them. He had rather better things to do. Placing his hand confidently upon its shell, he opened himself partially up to the egg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm
Whren- High reaches - He/Him

Whren lingered at the egg, resting slightly. It was relaxing and a soothing bit of peaceful. He rested a few moments before moving onward.

He took a chance to glance around and found Jemi hanging by the large eggs and considered where he wanted to go next. He choose a grey egg, laying a hand on the shell of the You be in my Heart egg.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:03 pm
Akaris

Oh, that was- That was a very wiggly egg! In spite of the rush of positive emotions that accompanied it, Akaris was torn between pulling her hand away and reaching out the other to steady Felix Felicis. She didn't- Was it okay that it was doing that? The worry was washed away by sheer enthusiasm and purely good feelings, and she smiled brightly. Why yes, Rylyrr was her friend - and just the right person to dance with. At the Hatching Feast, for sure, assuming his dragon didn't mind, and they were...proper about it. Because surely, this time, his dragon was here somewhere.

You'll have an even more incredible day soon enough, and a very special friend of your own. She patted the colorful shell and withdrew her hand, stepping away to where Rylyrr stood. She twined her hands together and rocked on her feet with a smile that was almost shy. This wasn't the place for idle chatting, after all, let alone flirting. "So...which of the rest of this clutch is nice?"

Perfectly relevant, that way she could avoid or at least be prepared for more difficult eggs.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:52 pm
Fisher she/her - high reaches candidate

Having been suggested to do so, Fisher decided that yeah maybe she'd just go and pull her shoes off while sitting in the tiers. She'd more or less touched all the eggs as she was supposed to and it was getting more than enough crowded for her tastes. She liked a lot of people in small places thanks to her life on the ship with her dads, but not when it was a hot place and there were dragons.

With those thoughts in mind Fisher made her way to the tiers where several others had already gathered, and she took a seat. Her legs were stretched for a moment before she bent down, ready to pop her shoes off and wiggle her toes free - unless someone stopped her, of course.

--

Yurastar he/him - a western tradition

Yurastar snorted a soft laugh at the egg's straightforward nature and its thankfulness that he hadn't run in to it. "I'm not clumsy, just sometimes not observant." He paused, giving the egg a soft pat before deciding to depart. "Also generally unlucky, but I think today I'll be okay. Take care, okay?"

It looked as though, with a bunch of adults on the sands, the touching could end shortly and he hadn't even found himself touching eggs from the other clutch. Quickly he finished those in Fianth's, getting various feelings here and there, before he made his way swiftly (and very carefully) towards Rhianth's clutch. He'd missed some of the drama that'd brought the brown to the sands, but he hadn't missed the nuzzling of a small girl (he knew her, he thought) and the movement of two eggs more or less out of touching.

With those down he'd have to accept not getting to meet them for now and instead paused, placing his hand atop the nearest egg once he got to the group. "Sorry it took so long, but I'm here to greet you now." Perhaps his choice wasn't so good, but what would Yura know? The response from the Crucio egg was all on it, of course.

- --

Soui she/her - western candidate

Her spirits further bolstered by what felt like a gentle lean in from the egg, Soui smiled and rubbed against the mottled shell with affection. It was kind to feel they all wanted her to continue just as much as she wanted to (deep down), and so with thanks she moved towards another egg. There were so many here and she'd been watching the reactions of several people to see if they could show the moods of the eggs before she guessed it, but what good would that end up doing for her? She had to come to her own choice on what it meant and the egg would judge her itself.

All that said, she moved along touching eggs here and there before she placed a hand atop the Firebolt egg. It seemed energetic if anything, and certainly that was always welcome. "I like your spunk."  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:27 pm
Rylyrr - High reaches - He/him

Rylyrr gave a bright smile and paused. "Actually the ones I have touched have been less nice and more intense..." he admitted, considering. "And I think one of them is also in time out."

It did seem that Hufflepuff was seeking out parental comfort. "I would suggest the purple and gold swirled on."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:49 pm
Vosin/Killakeeth

She listened with interest. Primal but strong, sounded like this was going to be a crazy hatching. She couldn't wait. Vos nodded with sympathy. Some eggs could be quite forceful. She smiled. "It is."

"Hopefully," she sighed softly. If there wasn't well..... "High Reaches has made every effort to supply a wide variety of candidates, so the dragons should be able to find a match." It might mean loosing some Western candidates, but if they found their lifemates she wouldn't deny them the pleasures. She chuckled at his enthusiasm. "Firelizards could be colorful too, but personally I think dragon eggs are more so. I think the parents have every right to be proud." Vos eyed the odd number of adults on the sands, it wasn't something she would have expected from stiff-back High Reaches. Whatever, it seemed to be working.

"Mmmmm yes. Well, who were your favorites?"

tatterpixie

Candidate Makimton

He couldn't have had a better welcome from Felix Felicis. Makim started to feel lucky. He would impress his dragon this time! Surely his dragon was within one of these eggs. He blinked to clear the after images of fireworks from his eyes. "I like dragons, I certainly wouldn't be mean to any of them." He gave Felix another fond pat before moving away. As much as he might want to linger, it probably wasn't wise, and others wanted to touch this one too.

Makim didn't want anyone to miss out on the good feelings from that egg. He approached Firebolt Egg.

Candidate Nalacko

Friend Like Me seemed to rather quiet for the moment. She wished it luck and moved on, not wanting to bother it. There was a lot of candidates around, it had probably just tuckered out for the moment. Nala moved around to brush her fingers upon When You Wish Upon a Star.  

magnadearel

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:51 pm
Akaris - She, Western

"Really?" Akaris looked out over the clutch, including the one Rylyrr had indicated, with a touch of dismay. As nice as every egg she'd touched from Fianth's clutch had been - and as nice as Felix Felicis was! - she wasn't sure she wanted to follow that up with...'intense' eggs. And she had made a certain egg a promise!

"Here," she decided, taking his hand to pull him gently towards the appealingly pastel colors of the other clutch. "They've all been very nice over here, and there's one I promised I'd come back to - and bring you with me."

She gave Fianth and Rixth a careful berth as she worked her way back to When You Wish Upon A Star at last. "Hi again," she said softly, speaking aloud this time. "I came back, and I brought my friend, just like I promised."

A 'friend' who featured in no few of her daydreams, or else who the romantic interests of those daydreams bore a striking resemblance to.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:05 pm
Tokki -- in the stands

"My favorites?" Tokki's brow furrowed slightly as he thought about Vosin's question. Which were his favorites of the eggs? "I liked the big white one with the rainbow speckles on its shell, aaaaaaaaand the big tan striped one that looks like tree bark, aaaaaaaaaand um the sorta-big yellow and white egg toward the back of the other clutch, I think those were my favorites." He had to chuckle. "Guess I preferred the big ones, huh? I don't think it's an indicator of the size of the dragonet inside the egg, at least that's what we were taught."

Ducking his head a little, he smiled at her. "Truth be told, I'll be happy if I Impress anything at all. Just being bonded with a dragon… I can't even imagine how wonderful that feeling is." With a laugh, he added, "Hey, at least I'd be able to fetch my own numbweed, huh?"

magnadearel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:55 pm
Vosin/Killakeeth

Vosin gave the lad a friendly pat on the shoulder. "I wasn't judging by size. You liked them probably because you felt you connected with them emotionally. I was simply curious as to which ones you felt like you connected with." She smiled. "I'm glad to hear that you had several."

"I know that feeling all too well Tokki. As long as you impress any dragon, it'll be the right one for you." She winked. "It's incredible. There are no words. I know everyone says that." Vosin laughed, "as long as you don't ask Killakeeth to help we'll be happy."

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:22 pm
This time when the egg he was touching shifted on the sand, Rykin stood his ground, fairly certain that he wouldn't be blamed for its activity.

You'll be out here soon enough. I know it's hard to wait, but... maybe you can plan the things you'll do once you've hatched. Make a list. A stupid suggestion when someone had no idea what sorts of things there were to do in the first place. You don't want to come out yet though, he thought as softly as possible. You'll just hurt yourself, and none of us want that.

He stayed with the pink and white egg until Fianth began to move, then Rykin made a hasty retreat toward the other clutch, stopping in front of the Forbidden Forest Egg and resting a hand on it when he noticed where he was.

Hello. You're... um... how are you?

Quote:
Rykin

Pronouns: he/him

Blurb: A Journeyman Woodcrafter recently searched to Western who is a little bit 'wtf is my life' at the moment. Likes people and dragons who don't immediately put him into a category, even if that category is positive. Quiet, hides a lot about how he is feeling, nervous that his sister might be disappointed if he does something wrong today, nervous about his brother... in general.

Has Met:
      Colors of the Wind - an egg with purpose. gave me some spine when i needed it.
      Once Upon a Dream - a delightful busybody. i would have liked to stay and tell it some stories, but the hopping... i was a little worried i would be blamed for inciting The Bounce.
      You've Got a Friend in Me - cute. i'm not used to cloying, but i'm sure it means well.
      When You Wish Upon a Star - i wonder if i've ever wanted anything as badly as this dragon does. it makes my life seem almost boring.

Smerdle

Scamp

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:41 pm
Calla, High Reaches
Positive Trait List Perceptive, Steadfast, Loyal
Negative Trait List Guarded, Judgmental, Foolhardy

Calla was winning some kind of Touching Olympics, to her mind. She had felt lost and uncharacteristically uncertain of herself. Then Expecto made her feel safe, and now Felix was giving her confidence. These weren't even hers -- or, not yet? the twittering in her bones sang -- and they were already doing all they could to help her. How was it possible to feel a connection to more than one egg? The sensible part of her knew that this was all a headrush, an allure. But the aching part beneath wanted it all to be true.

Talking out loud made her feel stupid, and the egg she stood before had attracted quite a crowd -- even the crying girl from a moment ago. Crying at the Touching? Calla would have been mortified to show such emotion, and it made her think less of the girl. Instead of saying anything, Calla sent a wave of appreciation and warmth back to the energizing egg and then took a few larger steps, moving to the other side of the clutch, her eyes straying to the large dragon nestled among them. She came to stop at the Imperio egg. There was something that drew her to it, and so, she placed a hand on top, with renewed energy she may make it to all the eggs after all. Perhaps this experience wasn't so bizarre.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:30 am
Taibbi (female/she) - High Reaches Candidate

Taibbi got the feeling she had been too distracted by Ionan speaking to her to properly make contact with the large white egg's dragonet. She'd barely touched the egg, and hadn't really felt much of a response from it. In a way she was a little relieved because it meant she hadn't upset the egg and it hadn't taken an instant dislike to her. She was beginning to think that was about all a person could hope for from a touching, although apparently some people could also hope for dragon nuzzles, which made her eyes go wide.

She offered a smile to Tizzy and then another at Ionan and moved tentatively toward the pastel colored When You Wish Upon a Star egg. It was a good deal closer to the adult dragons than she was completely comfortable with, but if she was going to hope to Impress a dragon, she would have to get used to the idea of being around them. As she reached out to the pale eggshell, she kept her eyes fixed on its parents.

Hello, she thought at it, and then drew a momentary blank. Then she took a risk and just "said" what she was thinking: I like the color of your egg's shell. I know that doesn't really matter, but I wanted to let you know you're in a pretty egg. I hope you don't mind me noticing that, since I know it's more important who's inside, but, um. You probably know what I mean better than I can say it.

She gave the little egg another light caress and looked backward toward the other two candidates she'd recently been standing near, interested in what they were doing.

Thaliawen

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:41 am
Rylyrr-High Reaches -He/him

"Mmmh?"Rylyrr questioned but let Akaris pull him over to the other clutch easy enough. "Just because they are intense for me that doesn't mean they would for you."

Though now he was rather interested in what was going on. Ooh.. he flushed slightly, fingers giving Akaris hand a small squeeze before stepping aside and settle down to touch the pink egg. He set a hand on the shell of the When You Wish Upon a Star egg curious about what would happen next.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:47 am
Revel1984

Let It Go

And what is it Farellan needs to prove? To who? Let It Go seems to genuinely want to know. Such desperation may not make for the best face forward, but it's okay. It understands.

Shaddaling

Let It Go

Jemaselle, Jemaselle, Jemaselle. Let It Go seems to caress this found self-confidence the woman has with interest. Was a change of scenery really all it took? Or was it there all along?

houllow

Firebolt

Who is this? Soui! There's so much life to live and you've barely just begun! Let's go have fun! Let's go have a good time! No need to be so old so soon!

magnadearel

Firebolt

Firebolt seems to vibrate under Makimton's hand eagerly. Want to play? Want to run? It seems to have a thousand suggestions to give all at once, and they are ready for an answer to all of them now now now!

Akina Tokuwa

Imperio

Ah, someone smart had come to see it! Imperio seems to stroke it's egg right underneath Calla's hand. Such a smart young lady. How clever of a liar she is. Imperio seems to play at the farce that Calla has set up when it comes to her mother, though if one is observant, the slight nudge of it fussing through other corners in the young woman's mind can be felt.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:48 am
Rune and Rhys - HR

Rune liked the way the egg looked her over, liked the response she felt. However, as soon as she was contented, she stepped away and turned towards the Disney Clutch. Bowing once more to Fianth, she couldn't help but grin at the gold, one secret smile. Only Fianth would get that kind of look from the girl....No one else. Moving to Be Prepared, she lay her hand on its shell, curious to see what this clutch would be like.

Rhys, on the other hand, couldn't help but want to linger at Ravenclaw for a moment. Instead, he drew his hand back and smiled, "Thank you." On to the next egg, to Expecto Patronum. The feeling was nice, strange though. Hello. I wanted to meet you....Your egg is lovely.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff