Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Letter] Addressed to Akaris

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:34 am
Upon walking off of the Sands after the Touching at High Reaches, Akaris would be met by a green firelizard who had been resting but alert upon a perch not far outside. The tiny green’s eyes swirl with jewel-like blues, and she lets out a musical trill to greet the young woman. Her little paw comes forward to prominently display the leather canister strapped thereon, containing a note. The note, when retrieved and unrolled, sports rounded, cheerful handwriting. There is also a small cloth-wrapped object tucked inside. It is a bright midnight blue shard, possibly from an egg, that appears to be preserved by a coating of lustrous lacquer.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:35 am
Dearest Akaris,

Vimiath insisted that I write this letter for her. Imagine, if you will, her pretty face reaching down over my shoulder like a naughty house feline, nostrils whuffling at my parchment and blowing it everywhere, demanding that I read it out loud to her as I write so she can be sure it says what she wants! She will be taking over from here with her own words. Best of luck, dear!

Talela

To Akaris, friend of my hearts,

I hope you are doing well and that no undue stresses were put upon you during the Touching. Though few could come close to the strength and vigor of my children whom you’ve met, High Reaches does have very hardy stock.

I wish to encourage you in some small way with this letter—I can imagine you are not at your most comfortable among so many of my kind guarding their eggs, and may be thinking ahead with some consternation to the days of the hatch. I implore you, sweet one, not to let yourself give in to fear. Some may tell you you are wasting your time, or even that your life is not worth much. Know that those people, wittingly or not, are liars. If there is a dragon for you, and I am certain there IS, then that means you are Everything. You are the Reason For Living. Everyone makes mistakes in life, I of all dragons should know. But to that one soul whose singular purpose is to become a part of you, you are Perfect.

Though I do not believe in luck, I thought perhaps you might find some cheer in a modest gift—the shard included with this note is from my own glorious egg. It is, of course, very old, but don’t you dare feel bad about accepting it, dear girl, for my beloved Talela has several more just like it. May my nearness in spirit comfort you during the coming Hatch, though I cannot be physically with you. If Rhianth and Fianth allowed it, I would be there in a heartsbeat.

It is good and right to seek refuge when you need it, so take comfort in me and my dearest Talela, in Zinath and Junenth and their riders, and all of your friends, but when it comes time to stand your ground, be courageous and continue on even through your fear. You WILL succeed. I know it with all of my hearts.

Your devoted friend,
Vimiath  

Teiha

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas