Submit

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:34 pm
So my store requires employees to wear shirts which say, in gigantic bold and bright blue lettering against a black background, the name of our store. That’s just what’s plastered on the front. The backside of our shirts say, in even larger and even bolder text, our store name alongside several things we’re expected to say whenever we see customers, and so we do. Our store is known for these sayings. My mother, who is legally blind and just had a cornea transplant, can read the shirts clear as day.

———-

Today I unboxed Christmas shirts and set them on hangers, then hung them on pegs. While I wore my shirt, and nothing obscured it whatsoever, I reached for the hanger box and shirt box, then began putting a shirt on the hanger.

“Do you work here?” a lady asked.

NO I JUST ******** GO TO ANY RANDOM STORE AND UNBOX THINGS AND HANG THEM UP!!!

———-

One time my manager was sweeping the store, also having nothing obscure her shirt. Meanwhile, she also wears a ponytail for her short hair so absolutely nothing covers the behind text of her employee shirt.

A man walked to her and asked, “Do you work here?”

Frowning, my manager slightly thrust the broom aside sarcastically. “No! I just go to stores and sweep the floors for them!” she replied somewhat angrily.

———-

I stood behind the register, once again my shirt entirely unobscured. Typing on the keyboard, a lady walked against my register and leaned both arms upon the counter while lowering her head and asked entirely confused, “Do you work here?”

WHAT? THE? F UC K????????? NO????? I JUST GO INTO THEIR REGISTERS??? AND MESS WITH THEIR REGISTER COMPUTERS????

———-

When I was recovering the floor, I dragged my cart around and placed items upon the shelves while also taking everything which didn’t belong in that section. There are numerous things which didn’t belong there, like candy lying beside wires and phone cases, or books hidden between toys, and baskets beside Halloween decorations. While doing this, wearing my shirt, it was entirely obvious I wasn’t a customer.

7 times. 7 times that day people walked to me and asked, “Do you work here?”

———-

My manager asked I go for the daily cart run. Doing that means you run outside and collect every stray cart which people ditch outside.

Two carts WITH OUR COMPANY LOGO sat on either side of one couple’s car. I rushed around the left and right, hooked them together, and walked around. However, the driving wife, snarl upon her face and eyes narrowed, swung her door open like Captain America thrusting his shield and stomped onto the ground screaming, “YOU HIT MY CAR!!! WHERE DO YOU WORK?!”

I just looked down at my shirt. Silent, I pointed toward the logo. Then, I pointed to the cart logo, too. And lastly, the gigantic illuminated store logo outside the store itself.

WHERE DO YOU WORK?!” she barked again.

Upon verbally telling the couple, neither even went inside the store to complain. They just walked into one several yards away from mine, and didn’t even show up until nearly 1.5 hours later where they didn’t even recognize me.

———-

Another day I unfolded and folded stacks of messy shirts and pants, straightened unchained UFO purses and fallen earrings, and restocked the shelves from my cart.

One lady and her daughter walked straight through that door. The feeling rose within my very soul, knowing there couldn’t possibly be an escape, that Hel herself had already damned me into repetition and unbound time where this question would once more be raised.

“D O Y O U W O R K H E R E?????”

I nearly cried. I blinked the tears away and answered with a strained, “Yes.” Then proceeded to help the two find whatever they needed.

———-

I’m just……… done. How stupid can people be? I question this each day knowing I’ll receive answers which I am not prepared to receive. The stupidity of mankind knows no bounds…  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:14 pm
Ah, humanity, how it disappoints me.
Something I consider on par with that is being a customer in a store and some random person coming up and asking if me or my beau work there.
Uhm, no? Do we look like we're wearing the uniform code of the store employees?
It's just like, whatever you need, buddy, I'm not the person to help you.
It's the worst if they actually approach me because I just start panicking and making ugly incoherent wheezy noises.
My beau is usually nicer and tells them no but he'll help if he can.
(He has never, to my knowledge, made incoherent sounds of panic, man's a ******** rock.)
To be fair, I've asked the stupid question to people in employee dress before, though I usually phrase it as "Are you working right now?" or "Are you available to help me?" because I'm paranoid and don't wanna bother someone who's off the clock.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 pm
Queen Spazzy
Ah, humanity, how it disappoints me.
Something I consider on par with that is being a customer in a store and some random person coming up and asking if me or my beau work there.
Uhm, no? Do we look like we're wearing the uniform code of the store employees?
It's just like, whatever you need, buddy, I'm not the person to help you.
It's the worst if they actually approach me because I just start panicking and making ugly incoherent wheezy noises.
My beau is usually nicer and tells them no but he'll help if he can.
(He has never, to my knowledge, made incoherent sounds of panic, man's a ******** rock.)
To be fair, I've asked the stupid question to people in employee dress before, though I usually phrase it as "Are you working right now?" or "Are you available to help me?" because I'm paranoid and don't wanna bother someone who's off the clock.

Tbh that's a far kinder way of phrasing it because that implies you know they work there! biggrin It's very polite to ask those things, in fact, and I'm sure everyone you do ask those appreciates it! biggrin

That seems extremely awkward, and what makes people think you work there if you're not in the store uniform? eek Your beau is the best for helping out, and tbh I do the same with the incoherent wheezing so you're not alone. Anxiety isn't fun, confrontation isn't fun, just..... leave people be to do whatever they're doing.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:43 pm
Lol, I can understand how that would get realllyyyy annoying. Admittedly, though, people are stupid sometimes. Me included. Though, I don't remember the last time I asked any person whether they worked somewhere or not...I'm very shy and tend to avoid even asking employees where something is located.  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 pm
I know you're feeling all too well....x-x;

I work at Walmart and wear that navy vest with that spark logo on the back,plus the name tag.People still ask that s**t! Why would I be wearing the vest and name tag if I didn't?! Dx

Then there are the people who walk right by something and ask where it is.Even when you tell them,they look at you like you offeneded their ancestors just because you didn't hand it to them....

I can make a whole page of things people did.....>->  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:06 pm
Paladin Magnus Dawnguard
Tbh that's a far kinder way of phrasing it because that implies you know they work there! biggrin It's very polite to ask those things, in fact, and I'm sure everyone you do ask those appreciates it! biggrin

That seems extremely awkward, and what makes people think you work there if you're not in the store uniform? eek Your beau is the best for helping out, and tbh I do the same with the incoherent wheezing so you're not alone. Anxiety isn't fun, confrontation isn't fun, just..... leave people be to do whatever they're doing.

I'm glad to know I'm choosing the right way to say it, then!
I always inevitably feel stupid when I have to ask for help, and the feeling just kind of extends to thinking the question itself is probably stupid, too. >>;
I've yet to figure out why people always seem to think we work in places where we clearly do not? I mean, I guess maybe the dress code is more lax in some places, and maybe with my beau especially he just looks like someone that's in charge or something? It's... always really confusing every time it happens.
(And terrifying, especially in certain stores where I'm half afraid someone might shank me, in particular some of the Walmarts near me are SCARY. >>; )

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
OH MY GOD...[[Rant Forum]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers