Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Rec Room (Renaissance Galaxy threads)
Cooking recipes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:13 am
Here you can place any cooking recipe that you know of. Be sure to use this format in order for it to be easy to understand...

Recipe name:
Ingredients needed:
Utensils needed:
How to make:

I will start so you know what I mean.

Recipe name: Pasta, cheese, and tomato soup
Ingredients: Pasta, Cheese, tomato soup, margarine/butter/cooking oil, salt
Utensils needed: Microwavable dish, kettle or a stove top pot, spoon, bowls/plates
How to make: Microwavable style Put some pasta into a microwavable container while you have a kettle boiling some water for you. Once the water is boiled, place the water on top of the pasta. Microwave on high for 3 minutes then stir. Once you've stirred it, put it back in the microwave for another 3 minutes on high. Test the pasta for the desired firmness at this point, if too crunchy then put it in for another 3 minutes after stirring, but if tender, then stir it and add either the margarine, the butter, or the cooking oil. Once you've added the margarine, stir it till the oily substance melts or until the oil coats the pasta. Please keep in mind, depending on what you use here will alter the flavor. Now, add the salt and stir. Next add the cheese. If you are feeling lazy and want the cheese to melt faster, put it in the microwave for 60 seconds otherwise stir the cheese in. Depending on the cheese will also alter the flavor. Finally, add the tomato soup and stir till all the noodles have been coated. Put in bowls or on plates and serve. Depending on how much pasta you use will depend on how many people get to enjoy it with you.

Stovetop method

Fill a stovetop pot with water and wait for it to boil
Add the pasta and stir it until it no longer sticks.
Cook it until desired tenderness
In a separate sauce pan, heat the tomato soup
In a third sauce pan, make a cheese sauce using milk and cheese and margarine and heat to just before boiling point.
Once the pasta is ready, drain the water, add your oily substance, your salt, and your cheese sauce. Stir
Add the tomato soup and stir
Serve on plates or in bowls.

This recipe allows for bacon, hamburger, or vegetables to be added once everything is done too if you want added stuff in it.

Hope you enjoyed the first recipe!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:47 pm
Recipe name: Instant Ramen add-on.
Ingredients needed: Instant Ramen of choice, ginger, garlic, onion, scallion, and whatever protein of choice.
Utensils needed: Stovetop, pot, knife, cutting board, serving bowl and pair of chopsticks (I use the chopsticks to stir the pot, lol).
How to make:
- Cut your protein of choice into thin slices while you wait for the water to boil.
- Boil the noodles until al dente, and set the noodles to a side (you could use your serving bowl for this). Try mincing ginger and garlic while you wait for the noodle to cook. Reserve the boiling water to continue cooking.
- Add mince ginger into the pot. Add the mince garlic to your noodle bowl (raw garlic is actually good for you, and the garlic is more punchy this way).
- Dice up the onion and scallion. Add the white part of the scallion to the pot along with diced onion. Add the green parts of the scallion to the noodles bowl.
- Determine if you want to add more water for a soupy ramen, or let water to evaporate for dry ramen. Add your thin slices of protein into the pot along with seasoning packets.
- Dump the bowl that contain the noodles/green-scallion/garlic into the pot and give it a nice stir to reheat the cooled ramen noodles.

Food would be ready after this point. I usually top the noodles with kimchi or some fresh sprouts/mints/shredded-leafy-greens for the extra freshness/crunch. I also sometimes add other miscellaneous diced/shredded veggies (carrots, cabbage, celery, etc) to the ramen if I need to use it up. Just add the veggies to the boiling water and cook until the way you like it.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Village Rec Room (Renaissance Galaxy threads)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games