Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:37 pm

In the quiet of the early morning, a pair of Goldriders drowsed. Their dragons, however, were quite awake and alert. No. I am not ready, Rhianth groused, nudging a familiar medium sized egg that was stained a blood red. This one needs more time in the shell- the Gold paused, then peered down at the egg. Well, you do, she disagreed, and turned it gently over.

However, it didn't seem to matter what Rhianth thought or wanted, as a tell tale humming had begun to permeate the Hatching Sands. Giving the egg a second nudge, she finally stood up. The Queen had scarcely allowed anyone to come near her eggs, having moved them to the opposite end of the Sands. Whether she had been present or not, she had ensured that someone stood guard over them, and acted as a draconic shield from prying eyes.

One of the eggs had begun to wobble. It was a large black and yellow egg... and the most nervous of her children. Not yet. But soon. Undoubtedly it would be soon, if even that egg was moving. Fianth, Rhianth said, reaching out to her elder sister, eyes blurring the line between red and yellow. Must they always have such large crowds?

Fianth was quietly fussing over her eggs, reaching out to gently press her nuzzle against each one. Her own eyes were a mix of blue-purple, but yellow was beginning to enter as each moment pass. She could not wait to meet her beloveds, and to ensure they found lifemates in the presented Candidates and yet... another small part of her felt the smallest pang of sadness. She would no longer be there to mother them, as they would well be under Aviroth's guidance. She did not begrudge the brown or the duty--she wanted her children to grow into strong, capable adults!--but it seemed to happen so swiftly.

May you each find Yours out there this day and be nothing but loved. You are all beautiful, capable, and strong, and will always be welcome under my wings. The pride and fondness she poured over her clutch could well be felt even within the tiers. Be brave, my darlings, and remember this is your day. Oh, she wanted to cuddle them close, but whether she was ready for them to hatch or not did not matter. They were ready and it was time.

At her sister's query, the gold looked away and turned to observe her sister. She sent a wave of love over Rhianth, of fondness and gratitude for sharing such a moment. Mine seem to feel it's time. I suppose there's no stopping it, dearest sister. Instinct told her it was time, and even if her eggs had been hatched a bit later, it mattered not. The babies were ready.

Beloved Krahsujunth. Rixth. It is time to meet the little ones. So it was, the queen hummed a greeting, reaching down to nuzzle a wobbling purple egg with feline spots. Its contents seemed ready to go.

Krahsujunth now refused to be budged from his Fianth's side. The time drew near, he could tell, in that way of dragons. And more, he could feel all the joy, hope, wonder, and bitter, half-buried sadness in his love's hearts to know they would be away from her side soon. It had gone in a blink, this rose-colored slice of their lives, but it would be fondly, forever remembered. The blue shifted from where he was couched in the sands to find his feet. So it seems. They will be so perfect, you know. He bowed his head to nose at the wobbling egg, and at Fianth's head as well.

How could they be anything but? And I know, I know, dearest hearts, that they will love you as much as I do. He fought the urge to pace, to stare towards the entrance and his humming, deep voice joined the swelling chorus. Instead he sank down behind the clutch, spreading a wing and pausing to croon, to call his love to his side. Come, Fianth, golden sun of my hearts. I will hold you as they go to theirs.

Fianth shifted her position, edging away only slightly from her clutch to shift closer to Krahsujunth. Thankfully, she was still a gold, and still a large creature, despite being on the smaller side for a queen. Her eyes whirled a strange mix of purple-red, and she even felt her teeth bare when she caught sight of movement near the entrance. Like many golds, even she was not keen on letting just anyone approach.

Kronoseth, for his part, had been alert and awake. Sleep was not something the brown had found easily this past sevenday, as he knew the eggs might stir anytime. They certainly seemed to enjoy making an early morning entrance. Still, he rumbled approvingly at the eggs, leaning down to gently and tenderly boop a few with his nose. His pride was clear; his love for Rhianth could not possibly grow, and his love for this new clutch. I will stand guard. No one will crowd you or them, dearest hearts. His eyes whirled a deep red, and though he wished to stalk up and down the Hatching Sands as he had before, he also knew that he could not, and would not, get in the way of his eggs finding Theirs.

It was time to let them make their choices... But just let any of the Candidates grow too bold. It is time for our treasures to shine.

He wasn't far off for a change, having grown more convinced of his right to remain close since the Touching. Rixth rose from his position on a nearby ledge, eyes swirling with only the faintest tinge of yellow as he summoned his rider and silently winged onto the sands. The bronze's only worry was that the hatchlings would not find theirs and would snuff themselves Between, and he quietly steeled himself for the possibility, pulling happier thoughts to the forefront of his mind as he approached.

Fianth. Krahsujunth. Rhianth. Kronoseth. I know you are all more than capable, but please let me know if you need my assistance in the coming hours. He spoke in particular to the older pair, though he had learned never to neglect the angrier gold.

Ignoring the jitters in his legs, Rixth took a seat in almost the same spot he had when the human children had first visited Fianth's eggs. His eggs. He began to hum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:38 pm
General Hatching Information

Welcome to High Reaches Weyr's PC Hatching! We want to thank everyone for participating in this shop and giving it so much life! Cheri and I wouldn't be here without you, so thank you for sticking around. That said, we do want to go over some general rules (IC and OOC) and reminders so this Hatching can be a success!

General Information & Rules
  • Not every Candidate or Player is going to Impress. Please, please, please don't get too discouraged or upset if that is the case. We only have a limited number of pets to give away, and honestly tried to find the best fit for each dragon. There will be other Hatchings, I promise. gaia_star Many, many, many other Hatchings.

• Please don't get upset if Staff impresses a dragon. We try not to take away from the players fun, but staff are also players, too. Any dragons that might go to staff were either customed-in behind the scenes or chosen simply because their Candidate was the best fit. As stated above, there will be other Hatchings.

• Please don't get upset if your Candidate does not Impress to your preferred color. Just like in Pern, nobody could ever guess whether or not a Candidate Impressed, much less a certain color. This is supposed to be fun, not some sort of tragedy. If you don't like the dragon that we fit to your Candidate you absolutely cannot rehome it or give it away. Additionally, if you throw a fit about it and we find out, or you discourage other players, this could bar you from future Hatchings. We honestly tried very hard to match Candidates with characters so the fit mad sense.

• Don't discourage others or vent at them if they Impress (or don't Impress) a dragon or certain color. If we hear about players giving other players crap for their Impression, we can bar you from future Hatchings. There will be other characters, other Hatchings, and other opportunities for all! Please keep this fun and support one another, not tear folks apart.

• We really, really, really, really loved all of your Candidates! It is not easy matching for such big clutches, but in the end not everyone could Impress after all. But don't think that we don't have great things in store for you!

• IC Action = IC Consequence. If you role-play in the Hatching and your Candidate does something stupid, remember that ICly there could be hell to pay. If a dragon doesn't maul you, then Gr'del and A'ral could very well pull you from the Sands. Please don't make Gr'del and A'ral do that.

• We will hatch all the PC eggs and play the hatchlings until they Impress. Once they Impress, they will be the players to control. We will quote folks in the Hatching Sands, but also PM them the dragonets profile.

• The Hatching Thread will likely peter off after the last egg Impresses. We may not close it officially so folks can RP in the thread as needed.

• Everybody is encouraged to participate! Bring your weyrfolk and holdfolk to watch by having them sit in the Sands and cheer. Candidates, whether they were at the Touching or not, should be on the Sands an will be assumed to have arrived regardless if you have time to post them. Dragons can perch on ledges to watch the newest babies, and comment to one another. Guests and visitors will be flown in -- from mighty Holders to the families of those hold- and craftbred Candidates. Come one, come all -- even the lower cavern workers, while some might have volunteered to help behind the scenes for extra pay, are also encouraged to watch if they wish. It's up to you! This is a time for celebration.

• Western Weyr folks are invited! While the entire Weyr couldn't go I would imagine a good number did get clearance to go. Spooky Clutch Weyrlings do NOT get to go! Western Tea Clutch Weyrlings do NOT get to go! They must stay behind. Wingleaders were invited to represent Western, but they must have at least one Wingsecond at the Weyr in case of emergencies. Or vice-versa. Not all Wings were allowed to go... Well just pretend it was some of the NPC Flights that were asked to stay jusssst in case. High Reaches can't quit functioning just because Western is bustling with activity!

• There will be a Hatching Feast thread for Candidates to console themselves, the newest weyrlings to mingle and introduce themselves to one another, and all the Weyr and its visitors to rejoice. This will open after the Hatching thread closes/ends.

• This Hatching takes places before dawn. More than likely most folks will have been in bed.

• The Feast will commence later that evening and likely run late into the wee-morning hours. High Reaches Weyr is prepared to ferry guests home as needed, and of course, Western Weyr will be taking their own Candidates back home that night, too.

• For High Reaches non-riders, any Lower Cavern workers and such can likely attend the Hatching either as a guest -- if it was their restday -- or as hired-help. Since Western will be feeding two Weyr, plus guests, and housed their Candidates for a week or so, High Reaches only thinks its fair to offer to help bring food, chefs, and worker to aid in setup and post-Hatching clean up!

• PLEASE NOTE! As this is going to run longer than a weekend, we may put period pauses on the Hatching so that things don't go absolutely nuts while everyone is at work. We will allow a post per character during the pause, as well as any Impression posts as necessary.

IC Rules & General Information
  • Candidates can get mauled, so they have been told time and time again to stay out of the dragonets way! If they are attacked, they are to try to cover their head and protect their vulnerable bits, but should not really fight back. That might upset it further.

• Guests and visitors CANNOT enter the Sands. Those who arrive late will be ushered to seats closest to the entrance, or asked to stand at the entrance itself, or just wait outside. Any person who is not a Candidate that tries to get on the Sands will be removed, unless (of course) a dragon is attempting to get to you.

• Do not break into eggs! Period. If an egg needs to be broken into, the shop will make it VERY clear.

• Candidates are asked to arrive on the Sands with a thin pair of sandals but no boots or heavy soled shoes! The Sands are hot, so standing from foot-to-foot is common.

• Candidates will be brought to the Hatching Sands by Gr'del and A'ral. Should they Impress, they will take their dragons outside of the Hatching Sands entrance, where Weyrlingmaster V'mel and his assistants will have prepared meat to feed them, and have buckets of oil and brushes to scrub them once fed. Baby dragons tend to eat a lot, and tend to itch a lot as their skin dries. The new weyrlings belongings will be moved from the Candidate Barracks to the Weyrling Barracks by drudges and lower cavern's workers as needed.

• Visitors and guests are invited to stay for the Hatching feast and riders will bring them home when finished.

Any other questions? PM Uta or Mr Cheri! With that, welcome to the Hatching!!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:38 pm
The Harry Potter Clutch!

User Image

Rhianth x Kronoseth
30 Eggs // 19 PC // 11 NPC
30 Eggs // 29 PC // 1 NPC

1. Slytherin Egg bronze Slidrianth to Dynzrak (Tsunake)
  2. Felix Felicis Egg green Zygmuth to Makimton (magnadearel)
  3. Lumos Egg blue Aonanith to Elyk (baby_gwing)
  4. Imperio Egg brown Taoloth to Tahirah (BastetAmun)
  5. Gryffindor Egg brown Leoniath to Sylyas (Zombeikid)
  6. Expecto Patronum Egg blue Tierth to Lucius (BastetAmun)
  7. Dementor Egg blue Takuth to Maddeck (Melomar)
  8. Ravenclaw Egg blue Havranth to Segwen (Meresankh)
  9. Nimbus 2000 Egg blue Haloth to Shanley (Thaliawen)
  10. Death Eater Egg green Mosmordeth to Holter (LadyPipen)
  11. Avada Kedavra Egg bronze Cadereth to Karou (Teiha)
  12. Sectumsempra Egg green Skerath to Iathe (Tsunake)
  13. Crucio Egg green Saevath to Rune (-_Wish of Tevarae_-)
  14. Hufflepuff Egg gold Anakumath to Martirae (demon_pachabel)
  15. Firebolt Egg green Metlath to Ticene (The_Muffin_Puppy)
  16. Forbidden Forest Egg green Baciuth to Vesun (tricksterthought)
  17. Auror Egg green Ausrath to Rinor (Felyn)
  18. Amortentia Egg green Cythereath to Cedarian (Uta)
  19. Expelliarmus Egg bronze Pellereth to Ielin (Prism Shine)
  20. Mystery Egg 2 - Butterbeer green Rosmeth to Saekagi (Ryuthulu)
  21. Mystery Egg 5 - Veela green Samodith to Akaris (Meepfur)
  22. Mystery Egg 6 - Tarantallegra Charm green Raqisath to Reya (Princess_Feylin)
  23. Mystery Egg 11 - Cheering Charm white Alegriath to Arlie (medigel)
  24. Mystery Egg 12 - Flourish and Blotts bronze Iweth to Oseathiol (ShinosBee)
  25. Mystery Egg 14 - Sorting Hat brown Kaloth to Zeraiah (Samuel Carlin)
  26. Mystery Egg 15 - Avifors blue Aviforth to Cavera (Prism Shine)
  27. Mystery Egg 16 - Golden Snitch white Orath to Vash (Kyrieko)
  28. Mystery Egg 17 - Invisibility Cloak bronze Nevidenth to Yurastar (houllow)
  29. Mystery Egg 20 - Room of Requirement brown Eith to Andrestia (Stella Cinere)

The Disney Song Clutch!

User Image

Fianth x Rixth
29 Eggs // 20 PC // 9 NPC
32 Eggs // 33 PC // 0 NPC

1. Let It Go - Frozen blue Holleth to Talis (Meepfur)
  2. Go The Distance - Hercules bronze Izdubath to Damon (Aukai Oceansoul)
  3. Colors of the Wind - Pocahontas green Matoath to Amila (NovaCracker)
  4. Be Prepared - The Lion King brown Eskharath to Kellan (Mr Cheri)
  5. I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan green Yulaniath to Shar (SilverLutz)
  6. Perfect Isn't Easy - Oliver & Company green Canicheth to Mimusa (Andranis)
  7. Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty bronze Valseth to Sulamol (Sinders Path)
  8. How Far I'll Go - Moana green Ulendoth to Roana (Sinders Path)
  9. Someday My Prince Will Come - Snow White blue Florianth to Calla (Akina Tokuwa)
  10. Remember Me - Coco gold Mictecath to Nyaranau (Sweet Symmetry)
  11. When You Wish Upon a Star - Pinocchio blue Zidoleth to Rahmi (Avid_RPer18 )
  12. You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! - Peter Pan blue Auksarath to Jeri (tatterpixie)
  13. Friends on the Other Side - Princess & the Frog blue Samedith to Faranie (dawns_aura)
  14. Poor Unfortunate Souls - The Little Mermaid white Sthenoth to Haelwen (Rian-chan)
  15. Baby Mine - Dumbo white Iljunfanth to Zyanzi (Mewsings of An Angel)
  16. You've Got a Friend In Me - Toy Story blue Vaqueroth to Liulfr (Daffupanda)
  17. You'll Be In My Heart - Tarzan green Kaymahath to Rokar (Revel1984)
  18. Friend Like Me - Aladdin green Jinniyath to Iziquin (Nilah44)
  19. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes - Cinderella green Ileneth to Sayuri (Aukai Oceansoul)
  20. Be Our Guest - Beauty & the Beast brown Andelath to Rylyrr (Shaddaling)
  21. Mystery Egg 1 - So This Is Love - Cinderella green Zezollath to Falienn (ShinosBee)
  22. Mystery Egg 3 - Perfect World - Emperor's New Groove blue Ingonth to Torin (Smerdle)
  23. Mystery Egg 4 - Trust In Me - Jungle Book blue Sucurith to Amaretti (Mr Cheri)
  24. Mystery Egg 7 - Immortals - Big Hero 6 brown Faloth to Willim (tatterpixie)
  25. Mystery Egg 8 - Lesson Number One - Mulan 2 blue Yudokhath to Farinalgo (Teiha)
  26. Mystery Egg 9 - Bibbidy-Bobbidy-Boo green Moirath to Veltanna (faesinger)
  27. Mystery Egg 10 - Look Through My Eyes - Brother Bear brown Nanuth to Zamistia (Dea and #Teddy#)
  28. Mystery Egg 13 - Rescue Aid Society - The Rescuers white Museth to Soui (houllow)
  29. Mystery Egg 18 - I See the Light - Tangled brown Petrosinth to Helaku (Excited Apathy)
  30. Mystery Egg 19 - Hellfire - Hunchback of Notre Dame bigger bronze Alquemieth to Arcadin (medigel)
  31. Mystery Egg 19 - Heaven's Light - Hunchback of Notre Dame smaller bronze Bossuth to Rizdax (Hattaki)
  32. Mystery Egg 21 - Gaston - Beauty and the Beast brown Venandith to Zyamel (Uta)
  33. Mystery Egg 22 - Golden Flower - Tangled green Aureliath to Shinnikan betweened, chosen rider dead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:58 pm
Zelaya
Ever an early riser, even Zelaya found themselves jerking awake to the frantic noise of the call to arms. Initial panic was yoked by months of training into action, and without hesitation or fanfare they donned the robes and sandals of their station, swiftly tying their hair back with a ribbon (not for style, but simply to be tidy and well-put-together) and willing Skybroom away to their father. Surely Z'tir wouldn't mind...well, minding the little brown. Not that he was prone to poor behavior. Still, it would be an emotional day, and one never knew. Better safe and out of the way than sorry.

Then it was off to the sands. In somber silence (but surely the dragons would all hear their heart just hammering away!) they filed along with the rest, arms firmly to sides to avoid wringing their hands. Into the cavern...and onto the sands. They sucked a gulp of cool morning air, a faint "Oh..." slipping out before they got control again. It was now. It was here. Their first real hatching. They had to make Z'tir—no! They had to make all of High Reaches proud today. In respectful awe they moved forth to bow to the parents of the clutches, before taking up an unassuming but forward post in the forming half circle of candidates. Happy thoughts, calm, welcoming, supporting thoughts. It wasn't hard—they meant every feeling they felt tumbling about inside.

Meztli
Ugh, morning. Meztli was NOT a baker. Bakers were used to waking up before dawn to begin work...but the decorators came later to the kitchens. And so it was for them. They didn't want to get up! Of course, when another eager visiting Western candidate grabbed the blankets and ripped them away, there was little choice. "I'm up, I'm up...oh!!" It hit them then, and with a squeal of panic—there was so little time!—they set to work dressing.

Russet hair still a tangle by the time they scrambled after the throng of candidates, they combed hands through it even as they stepped onto the sands. Honestly there was no time to focus on the parents or the crowds or even the shaking eggs when they were still coming up out of the fog of sleep...!

Finnisa
Finnisa, for one, had been awake when the humming began. She'd wandered from the barracks early to tend to the beasts in the bowl, unable to shake the habit of early routine even now. Of course, the humming set the beasts to lowing, which clued her in and sent her running. "Of sharding course it'd be now...!" She nearly crashed into the first of the candidates filing out as she twisted past into the rooms to nearly trip in her own doorway as she reached for the trunk at the foot of her cot.

Robes? Check! Sandals? Check! Hair? A mess and seeming even longer with it untied, but she did not have time to worry over it! She was back out hte door in a flash, tailing after the pack and working her way about halfway up the column heading for the sands by the time she crossed into the cavern. It wasn't her first rodeo, and she felt herself grinning as the parent and the wobbling eggs came into view. "Let's go, let's go...!" She dipped in a bow, careful to grab her hair as it tumbled forward so it'd not drag the ground, flipping it back with a hand as she headed off to the left. Maybe this time would be her time! But then again, if it wasn't, she still had lots of chances left...but there were so many, it was just hard not to hope...!

Falienn
His sleep had been poor of late. The harder the eggs got, the worse his dreams became. Flashes of green, memories of pain. I hope you die on the sands. The entire world will be so much better without a rotten shell like you in it. The words echoed between his ears in the night. On lucky nights a warm, reassuring feeling would chase the voice away, flashes of yellow and black in meaningless swirls.

But not every night was a good one.

The humming jolted him awake from such a dream, hands fisted, white-knuckled in the sheets, hair matted and brow slick with sweat. For some long moments he sat, catching his breath and chaos broke out around him, seeing, hearing nothing, the thunder of his own breath drowning it out in the face of doom. Almost mechanically he eventually rose and dressed, blinking and finding himself passing onto the sands with the eggs dead ahead. His legs stuttered, the urge to stop, to stay put, to turn and run even...aborted by the sight of the black and yellow egg shaking in its spot.

He...he could...He bowed and then slipped into the back of the crowd of candidates before his courage could fail. This was it. Now or never. No matter how it ended...it'd be over. Right?

Oseathiol
The past few weeks had been a wonderland of draconic magnitude for Theo. From the moment Sylfie had come with Hesperith (a gold! He'd ridden a gold!) to carry him off to High Reaches, he'd been in paradise. Dragons everywhere, Weyr life on full display. He'd been more prolific in his writing than he had been in turns. And the time he'd spent with Sylfie...

He shook of those thoughts as he felt his cheeks, neck, and ears heat. She'd been, been a consummate hostess, he forced his thoughts to focus on. And far more than she needed to be, gold rider that she was. Why, she'd even spent time with him to have a peek at the eggs! Once...from a distance...still. It'd been a wonderful moment for him, and so many! It left him fantasizing about the hatching day ever since. So much so that he'd begun to imagine hearing humming! "I've gone silly with it all, Regory, I'm afraid. I—Regory?"

The blue had sat back on his haunches, tipped his head up, and begun to croon. To...hum?

"Oh, shaff, of course! I've got to, ah, where is...there!" In a flurry the harper scooped a sheaf of pages into his arms, an inkstone and quill, his portable writing desk, and was out of his borrowed rooms with a squeak. "I can't miss it...!" Only once he found a perch in the stands did he realize the state of dress he'd come in, and took quick moments to tie back his hair, straighten his tunic, rebutton his vest correctly, and then cast a real glance about over the eggs...and to look for a certain familiar face.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 pm

Wibble.

Wobble.

... Wooh.

No. Too much! A crack was heard throughout the (mostly) empty Hatching Sands.

A terribly worried yellow eye peered out. It was impossible to tell what lay within the egg, but whatever it was, it was not quite ready to leave the sanctuary of its shell.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:08 pm
Veltanna

Veltanna knew it was getting close and had even quit trying to sneak of the Weyr. So she was actually in a reasonable spot to grab her candidate robes quickly when the humming started. A short run, a quick change, and hop and a skip, later Veltanna was on her way. She stopped to listen to anything the candidatemasters had to say (it wasn’t anything new) and moved towards the sands. She paused wondering who you bow to first…before picking Fianth as higher in rank and then bowed to Rhianth. She carefully made her way onto the sands to stand respectfully, attentively, and as relaxed as possible. This was likely going to be a long Hatching. No reason to get muscle pains early on from tension.

She heard the crack of an egg but couldn’t see which egg from where she was. She was excited not just for the thought of possibly impressing, but for so many little dragons to find theirs that say.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:08 pm
It was still dark out when the call went up in the barracks. Shar was used to being summoned at all hours but an early morning Hatching hadn't happened in quite some time. Still, there was nothing normal about these clutches and she didn't expect them to fall into any sort of line or pattern from now until the last one blinked Between at the death of their rider.

She calmly dressed in her robes and sandals before heading down to the Sands, calm and confident as always with her eyes peeled for her two charges. Both redheads had done well during the Touching and she could only hope they would continue to do so now. This was when it counted. This was when you needed to be calm and cool and to let nothing distract you.

She beat most of the Candidates to the Sands, it seemed, but she didn't let that stop her. She knew Rizdax would find her readily enough and Zamistia would follow suit. She had promised to help them should they need it and she wasn't one to go back on her word. The parents - and uncle - of the eggs all looked excited yet worried and she bowed to the Queens before taking her place in an open area, enough room for her two friends - what a strange concept...actual friends...- to fall in beside her if they chose yet far enough from the eggs so they weren't crowded.

Taking a deep breath, Shar let her mind focus on the rocking eggs, already noticing one with a decent crack. A timid eye peered out but it didn't seem ready to burst forth yet, and for that she didn't fault it. Still, she kept her attitude calm and collected, confident yet welcoming. There were going to be a lot of dragons on the Sands shortly and showing any sort of fear or uncertainty wasn't going to fly.

Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:16 pm
Akaris
Being at High Reaches for more than just a visit was strange...and cold! Even after just a few days into their time, she was homesick. Rylyrr was here, of course, which made it all tolerable, but it was still quite a jarring change not to see certain people and dragons every day, especially since every day here was one day closer to the Hatching. The eggs she'd touched had all been lovely, but she'd heard about others, and there were just...so, so many. She lived in a state of growing unease, and hadn't been sleeping terribly well, because there were going to be an awful lot of dragonets on the Sands, and Faranth only knew what they would do...

The call to wake roused her from her restless sleep, and she spared a moment to be annoyed, because there wouldn't be time to really be properly ready. She made quick work of fussing her hair into an acceptable state, then it was on with her robes, into which she'd sewn a discreet little pocket on the inside for a certain gift from a certain gold.

Once to the Sands, parents bowed to politely, she wove her way through the group to slip her hand into that of a certain young man and offer an uncertain smile. "Morning."

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:30 pm
YURASTAR

They'd been brought over a while before and, left to his own devices, Yurastar did his absolute best not to get hurt or cause others to get hurt or just. Well, he mostly kept to himself and followed lessons. It was easy, what with the huge crowd of people, and his time was uneventful - until the sudden awakening and shoving towards candidate robes. The hatching was coming bright and early whether everyone else was awake for it, and the redhead groggily assembled his outfit as he made his way with everyone else.

Trying to press down a weary yawn it wasn't until he was in place that he even noticed he'd put his sandals on the entirely wrong feet. Not a huge disaster of course but he'd need to be really, really careful. Thankfully the touching had gone off without a hitch so why not the actual hatching, right

....right? Thank Faranth he'd managed to bow properly this time.

-----

FISHER

Fisher didn't sleep as of late, not with the cold setting in and the constant chattering of people over how the eggs could hatch any day. They'd said it for what seemed like a month (Fisher was awful with time) so when the call came she was.....surprised. Maybe even a little bit excited, if she dared herself to think so. She'd never been to a hatching of any kind - either to watch or participate - so this was all new and she wasn't about to ignore the experience. It'd make for an amazing story regardless of the outcome and she couldn't wait to tell her dads.

For once she'd have experienced something none of them ever had and it'd be entirely up to her how the tale would go. The group entered together and Fisher bowed to the Queens before moving to her supposed spot. Settled on to the sands in a gaggle of girls, the cracking of an egg somewhere got her attention but so did the yawn that escaped from her lips. Maybe a nap would have been better?

----------

SOUI

There was no going back now, ready or not. Anxiety had colored Soui's nights and into her dreams, a fear of failure and not being ready and having to face her own immaturity on the sands. When she could sleep she slept well, but the early dawn saw her awake and ready when the alarm was called. The firelizard that had been curled into her side protested with the noise, eyes yellow, and Soui gave Remedy a small kiss.

"You can't come, but go find your brother and Tsuyat. They'll have treats for you, and when this is done we can cuddle more, okay?" There was a pause before she let him go. "An...and maybe there will be someone else for us to share that with. I think that'd be nice." The bronze vanished Between with a chirp at her command and the candidate set about getting dressed, pulling her hair back so her vision was clear. They weren't allowed anything on the sands so if someone got hurt she'd be...unable to help, but that was...

Something she'd have to deal with when the time came. As it were she made her way to the sands with everyone else, keeping an eye out for a certain young candidate who'd been a source of joy the last time she was on the sands. When she didn't outright spot him she moved to follow the rules, bowing to the Queens and their partners, and was about to take a spot when the sound of a crack filled the air.

Her steps paused and her heart pounded.

I am not making a mistake.

Tsunake
ma...maybe looking for dehka

----

HAVELI

A new day, another rodeo. Haveli awoke with a grumble and dressed herself, checking in to make sure Arlie was already on the move. This was the day she had a chance, or so she believed, to finally start getting what was rightfully hers. There had to be some chance that a dragonet on the sands was hers, that she'd be able to start her ascent in a more vertical manner rather than her usual horizontal. If not she would be forced to wait again, to scrape by and smile and burn all those who crossed her.

Not a hard life but not one she wanted to live much longer. She was growing impatient, and as her feet hit the sands she bowed to the Queens and moved along. An egg had already cracked, a yellow eye was already out there, and she frowned.

This was her time, or maybe it was Arlie's. Whatever the case, it started from here.

medigel
for arlie

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Oh dear! There were so many! The yellow eye got... even more more yellow, if that were possible. And then it paled. Oh dear!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:33 pm
Willim

The sound of humming woke Willim from a dead sleep. Humming? Humming! That meant... He sat bolt upright as the other Candidates scrambled out of bed and pulled on their white robes. Leaping to his feet, he too grabbed the neatly folded garment at the foot of his bed and donned it as quickly as he could, sliding his sandals on at the same time. He pulled his dark hair out through the neckhole and ran a quick hand through it. No time for too much fussing, must go go go!

The young brewer joined the crowd of Candidates hurrying toward the Hatching Ground. He looked around for Shanley, but couldn't spot her in the darkness, in the sea of white robes. He hoped she'd be okay -- she was just as new to this as he was, and probably just as nervous.

Once on the Sands, he found a likely spot and settled as best he could, though his stomach was seeming full of flitters. Couldn't think about anything but the eggs -- and the baby dragons inside!

Jeri

This was not Jeri's first ride at Hatchings. She'd gone through this so many times it was almost second nature. As soon as she heard the call to get ready and the humming, she was up and dressed in her Candidate robes. Calmly (or as calmly as she ever got) she made her way with the others to the Hatching Grounds.

She entered the Sands and found a likely position to both see and be seen by the dragonets as the emerged from their shells. Then she took a moment to look around for Helane and Fahn in the oddly quiet chaos. Hopefully they'd join her so they could squeak at the babies!

Tokki

Tokki could never sleep in a strange bed. He'd been at High Reaches Weyr for nearly a sevenday and it was still an effort. So he was awake when the humming began, quickly followed by his fellow Western Candidates stirring and staring into the darkness. The call to the Hatching got him on his feet, pulling his white Candidate robe over his head. This was it! Excitement started to grow within him. This was really it!

He joined the others scurrying in as orderly a manner as they could toward the Hatching Ground. The humming inside the great cavern was so loud he could barely hear anything else. He stuck fairly close to the other Candidates from Western as he found a spot on the Sands and took a deep breath (that almost turned into a yawn) to settle himself down. His heart was pounding in his chest. It was so real now.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 pm
Martirae

Early mornings weren't necessarily a bad thing, though she'd found the cold of High Reaches was somewhat disagreeable with the idea of leaving a nice warm bed. It had made her stiff and extra stern for the time the candidates who had been allowed from Western had been at their sister-Weyr. At least when it came to first waking up. The hum of dragons worked a bit better as motivation than sheer power of will, however. Even the heaviest of sleepers had suddenly sprung awake, blearily composing themselves for the occasion.

A hatching was well worth waking even from even the nicest of dreams from.

But Martirae wouldn't allow herself to rush. Certainly no time was wasted in switching into a robe that by then she could put on correctly with her eyes closed, and making sure her sandals were on the right feet, but she first impressions (hurr) mattered and it mattered to her that she appear as composed as her heart was. Actually, she'd prefer if she looked better than a nervous pitter-patter of feelings wrapped around a thought that meant nothing and everything all at once. A little push of encouragement in the long slog of waiting.

It would all be worth it.

For all of this self-reflection, however, Marty didn't look like a dream stalking out onto the sands all preened over. Simply, she looked several steps above ‘just woken’ and many below ‘overdone’. She looked bright eyed and ready to potentially greet her future.

That was what mattered.

-------

Kahbrohm

He'd still not spoken again with his father, instead focusing on keeping all of his curling anger tucked close to his chest for the time it would matter. Kahbrohm could get it out later. He would get it out later. Positive and nice thoughts sure we're hard to find even as humming summoned all of the candidates. There was no doubt. Dehka won't be able to stay away, he told himself, preparing to perhaps hold that annoyance in closer.

Frankly standing alone didn't sound like an entirely awful idea right then.

There were some who likely thought the robes were dumb looking and tedious. Kahbrohm would have thought so from afar, but there was something up close and personal about them that felt like an omen being ushered in close about what was to come. It wasn't entirely unpleasant and it kept him from feeling like a fool. Either that or knowing without a doubt that he was no fool.

Nor was he a toy or project for another’s ego.

A serious frown was plastered on his face as he joined the crowd that stepped into the sands, though he was quick to stand away from the brunt of them all. All the better to find out if that one was for him, or would tear out his throat.

-----
Fahn

It was quite possible that the energy level that Fahn lived at allowed her to move through space and time on a regular basis. She'd been well awake and off helping in the kitchen when the humming had begun, and in just as quick of a redirect of her energy, nobody would actually be able to say they saw when the girl had changed, or when she'd made it out to the sands.

It was also possibly a side effect of the high energy chaos that came with the advent of hatchlings.

Either way, the young woman had made a spot for herself amongst the candidates and many would find themselves tired already just from looking at her. But likely only for the amount of time it took for them to look back to the eggs that were shaking about.

----

Kinyegele

Waking up was hard, even with the humming of dragons - the first that she'd been able to rouse for within High Reaches! Certainly, Kinyegele was excited , but she was also wishing she'd gotten to sleep sooner and -

Yaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnn

There was no bright eyes or bushy tail here as the girl put on her white robe, still rubbing sleep out of her eyes as she followed the crowd, not even aware she hadn't quite gotten one of her sandals on her feet.

The moment simply hadn't hit her yet. Maybe she was still dreaming the same dream she had so many times before?

-----

Juhvek

Waiting was the hard part. There was a restlessness that simply compounded upon itself in Juhvek’s mind when the day started off with…..with humming. Hatching dragons weren't bad by any means - he didn't not want to be there - but the most productive hours were to be found first thing in the morning.

Of course, this was productive, just not in the way he itched to be.

“You can wittle away atwhatever chore you want later and you know it. Impress a dragon and you'll never run out of things to do ever again,” Alosha bid him before he entered the sands, which was a nice enough thought.

He just felt a little less impressive when idle.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Siloth had settled above, watching the happenings below. When a small brown flit was sent his way, Z'tir received the firelizard gingerly. He was not... precisely used to small, delicate beings. But it was a welcome distraction from the current state of affairs. The contraption that Zelaya had had rigged up for him was effective, yet he was more than conscious of the fact that he was no longer quite the man that he once was. For all of that, he had managed to keep up to speed - at least, up to the speed that was expected of those lesser individuals who did not consider rigor to be drawn with breath.

Frowning, he watched his child, a slight stirring in his heart. If they were injured... if they were killed, he would be... dismayed. He had developed an unexpected fondness. They were, after all, his only child, to the best of his knowledge. Surely it was not such a surprise that he might feel some level of fondness. Whether it was more than that was yet unknown. The Wingleader felt proud of them, much the way that he felt proud of his wingriders. Perhaps that would be enough.

ShinosBee

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:51 pm
Sleep had been coming back slowly but steadily in his life ever since he’d first sought out Nimueh and Mharlith, in fact it had gotten to the point that once or twice he’d even slept until morning without waking once in the night. Today was not one of those mornings and while he hadn’t been woken by the nightmares that could plague him, sleep hadn’t returned after his eyes had opened in the darker part of the night. So when the call went out, the humming beginning to rise in volume enough for him to hear it where he sat coiled around by Mint and Phin, Rizdax was more than ready. Clean as it was from the night before, he pulled his robes over his head and slid into his sandals before sending a very clear message to both of his fire lizards. Mint was happy to comply, it seemed the spoiling she had received at the hands of R’ose and Sahrawith had been enough to make her wish to pester them again, while Phin just scatterbrained along behind her.

Like usual.

Heaving a laughing sigh for his blue fire lizard, Rizdax headed down to the sands as calmly as he could manage in halls full of scrambling and running bodies. His first chance to Stand on the sands of High Reaches... He was both nervous and deeply excited by the opportunity. Even the sight of the two queens didn’t damper his excitement as he worked his way out onto the sands, bowing deeply to each. Reds and yellows seemed to be the color of choice in the eyes of he dragons watching himself and all the candidates though and after the Touching where one egg had gone on to stab it’s way into isolation and another had become stressed, Rizdax could understand why the two might be hesitant to see so many young people on the sands. Which meant that he would just resolve then to be on the best behavior that he could, though he still was nervous for his friend’s safety out here in such an open place.

Swallowing hard, his eyes managed to find Shar easily in the rather open location she had chosen to stand, even her short stature not working against her. “So how excited are you to be standing out on these sands again instead of an island?” Riz asked quietly as he came to a stop beside her, eyes watching the eggs closely rather than looking at his friend. “Just look at them all.” Not every egg was moving of course, but that they were there and just ready was enough. Maybe, his heart whispered as he calmed his thoughts and forced any nerves to rest.

“SilverLutz“

“Dea and #Teddy#“

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas