Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 pm
Lelte

She watched as the sweet little white finally gathered his courage and stepped away from his dad to find His. And while she felt a slight twinge of sadness that it wasn't her, she couldn't help but feel glad that the little one did find His. As the hatchlings dwindled, she couldn't help but feel like she wasn't meant to Impress this time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tandry

He saw out the corner of his eye the small white go over to the Candidate that was His. Good for him.

...And then there were fou...make that three. The egg was eager to claim Theirs even before they left the egg.

The vain brown who seemed more Impressed with himself than anyone else on the sands or even around. He shook his head. What a silly creature.

The dark blue that was almost as unimpressed with the brown as the brown was impressed with himself. Hard to get a feel for. To know. Not one he would consider for himself.

The bronze..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:16 pm
Oh! More impressions! Oh! Even with the very few babies left to impress, Aroontwa’s spirits were high. He has said earlier that just being there was enough and he still meant it. This had been a hatching of a lifetime for him…well besides the one that he would impress at, of course.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 pm

Expelliarmus was... a bit unimpressed. This whole affair had dragged on for too long, mostly because some rude, attitudinal foreigners had chosen to voice their entirely unwelcome and unnecessary opinions. Someone thought highly of himself, he remarked to no one in particularly. Ugh.

E had had about enough of this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:35 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Wherever or rather whoever the feeling was coming from helped bolster her flagging spirits. There was just so few dragons left on the sands. Nala stood a little taller, or as tall as a tiny girl could. All she needed was one. Just one dragon to think she was the best thing in the world.

Just one, she thought, probably for the first time this whole hatching wishing for a dragon for herself. All those around her had Impressed. Maybe she could be a tiny bit selfish and wish for her dragon. Nala recalled the young gold’s words as she’d passed her by. Good things took time. She sighed softly and resigned herself to walking away without a baby of her own.

Ah a pale blue had also found his rider. The last egg finally decided to move. Nala was glad it wasn’t a dud. And Beer Batter Brown of course had to show his beautiful stuff. She watched as the last tiny white finally made his dramatic move to find His. Nala wasn’t sure but thought Nimbus, despite not having fully emerged from his shell had also found his rider.

SilverLutz
Shar

Dea and #Teddy#
Zamistia and Nanuth

Hattaki
Riz and Bossuth!

magnadearel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:36 pm
Juhvek

The cloudy egg had...kind of hatched. The blue was plainly visible within it, and he...had called out for someone. Juhvek glanced over the sands to see who would react to the infant. Who would go. It was so easy to guess as the number of candidates dwindled, but he wanted to see if he was right.

He hadn't been right on any dragonet that hadn't simply stopped in front of somebody yet.

----

Anakumath

While she didn't move from where she was cradled up against Martirae, having been forced to stay off the sands when the outburst had occurred, Anakumath still found herself wanting to make sure all were well. Nearly everybody was off the sands now, but a few still lingered. The small gold kreeled towards them, her previously blue and purple eyes had turned completely yellow once again.

They would come soon, right?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:38 pm

With the Hatching winding down, the blue finally happened upon someone who was worthy. Of course, they were far from where he had wanted to be, and the fact he had to walk all the way across the Sands to get to them was... irritating. Still, a clever mind like that was worth a bit of effort.

Proudly, haughtily, the blue stepped besides Segwen. He leaned his head out and gently touched his nose against her hand. He did not need to make some sort of flashy entrance, after all. My Segwen, such a clever girl is exactly what your Havranth needed. I had quite thought myself alone here, but you stand out above the rest. There is nothing we won't learn, together.

This blue had quite enough of this Hatching business, and wanted nothing more than to carry on his way. He had found the most clever of them all upon the Sands. The sooner they were out of the Hatching Grounds, the sooner their studies could begin.

User Image

Meresankh

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:42 pm
What. What? Shanley hadn’t done much but gape after Willim had left with his dragon. She’d caught onto the tension around her, but she hadn’t gotten to know anyone well. Why was everyone upset anyway? Some people were idiots.

And there was a voice. Shanley hesitated, but only for a moment. She felt as if she’d known that voice, though it was new. “Haloth?” She echoed, going towards the egg. Would she be stopped? Would the baby’s mother be angered?

“He’s calling for me,” she said, looking up to Rianth. She headed to the Nimbus egg. “You don’t have to be afraid now.”

The blue emerged slowly, shaking his wings and spreading them nervously. I didn’t want to come out alone.

“You won’t have to do anything alone,” Shanny assured him.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:14 pm

This whole messy affair was just about finished. Disgusted with... certain... behaviors, Expelliarmus marched right over to his rider and stared up at him. IelinMine, I am tired. I am hungry. And I am over this. Not that he meant to be belligerent, but he was only a small bronze, after all. Your Pellereth has tried, but they don't want to be good. And these bruises ache. For his efforts to push Caderath off of that poor boy had probably taken more of a toll on him than on his despicable, odious brother.

User Image

For his part, Beer Batter Brown was a little tired of looking, too. But not at himself. Oh no, that he could do all day. Hey, Zyamel. Come check this out. I'm basically perfect. And wasn't he, though? Admittedly, the reflective surface of the egg didn't offer the best view, but then again... If you want to look at your Venandith, anyway. He couldn't totally blame her if she had a hot lady to woo, after all. Ladies should swoon over his rider.

User Image

Prism Shine
Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:46 pm

When the dust had settled, and it seemed that at last all of the dragonets had been paired away, a tiny egg, one that had been declared a dud, stirred. Golden Flower egg shivered in place, and then from the fragile egg a little green emerged. She looked around, confused and no little frightened. A gentle creature who had been worried about all of the others who might mind her presence - oh! Oh, oh no!

The dragonet keened, running to a spot of deep crimson on the sands. Flower bloom and glow, let your power shine... Nuzzling that empty wallow, the green curled up around the spot, eyes white. Save what has been lost... bring back what once was mine...

What once... was Mine.

But nothing and no one could save who would have been Hers. The tiny dragonet gave one last mournful cry, and disappeared... never again to return from the cold dark of between.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:20 am
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Ar’din’s suffering, in her mind, was earned. Nyaranau didn’t know the man that well- only what she had seen, and what Mictecath’s mind and memories spoke of her judgement of him. He had thought himself removed or untouchable, perhaps, and he had wanted more bloodshed. Mic had been certain of it, and now Nyara was too. It was easy, in the weyrling’s world filled with rainbows and a dragon so fierce as to fan her own inner fire, to paint him as the Bad Guy. It was easy to make him the enemy.

She glanced at him again, a moment spared to measure him, to maybe see something else in his expression… At his comment- said perhaps in humour, though she didn’t know him well enough to judge- a wry smile twisted the corners of her lips. “It takes all kinds.” Nyara answered with a shrug of her shoulders, though if he really did enjoy it… well, Mic wasn’t naturally inclined to violence or aggression; just discipline. Maybe he’d find someone who could knock him over when he asked? Mic cast her rider A Look, but said nothing. The matter, in her mind, had been resolved. Alquemieth was going to handle that situation.

The dragon didn’t seem to mind- or care, particularly much- that Ar’din might or might not have enjoyed her punishment- mental or physical. Feeding was a rather all-consuming process- shells, she’d been so hungry... Mic glanced towards their other clutchsiblings between bites, watching them with a gentleness that crept through their shared bond. Nyara found it almost… peaceful, in some strange way. Contentment was beginning to settle over her mind like a warm blanket.

Hum... There was a note of contemplation in her voice, as she bespoke her bronze sibling, but it is not your job to do so, either. Please, care for them with all of the love you have in your hearts. That’s more important than anything. Her tone grew more confident, and she reached out to give Alquemieth a gentle boop on the nose, but her attention was slipping elsewhere, back to the sands…

A terrible, mournful cry seemed to resonate so deeply that Mictecath, in a moment of fear, ducked her head and pushed against Nyara. With white-whirling eyes, she stared at the young woman before her, before letting loose a low keen of her own. Our sister… She cried out, sharing in her family’s pain at such tender loss. Nyara wrapped her arms around her dragon once more, her mind full of soothing reassurances.

Death was never pleasant, but it was inevitable. Nyara felt Mic’s heart break and shake within her own mind and pressed her own love to staunch the flow of her pain. “It’s okay, it’s okay… It’s going to be all right, love.” Oh, how dearly the young woman hoped her words would be true. She’s gone… Trembling, she leaned into her rider’s embrace, letting her rider's love soak up their sadness.

medigel

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:30 am
H'aku perked up to see the other Candi--no, Weyrling, and grabbed the bowl of meat he'd been using. Come this way, there's someone I'd like you to meet. A friend I met today.

Like me?

A chuckle. No, not quite. None compare to you, dear Petrosinth. "Hey there!" H'aku called out as he relocated down the table closer to S'kagi. "You were right after all. His name is Petrosinth!" Then he laughed sheepishly and he did ruffle a hand through his hair this time. "And I don't think I ever got your name...mine would be H'aku now, I think. Helaku before...before him." And he couldn't help but grin broadly at that as he began chopping meat and popping it down the eager maw once again.

Oooh, he has neat hair! Rosmeth, please tell Yours that I like his hair. The little brown was sorely tempted to inspect it more closely, but...food. Maybe later?

-----

A time later, after the last of the new pairs were formed...

No! He had been heartily consuming the last bits of his meal, but suddenly Petrosinth pulled his head back and away from an incoming morsel to raise his snout towards the sky, his eyes draining of color as a soft keen rose from his throat.

What is it? What's wrong? All H'aku could feel was grief, pressing in around his heart. His hearts? He couldn't distinguish, couldn't tell, the bond was too new for that level of distinction yet. You didn't grow up in a Weyr without learning what that haunting keen meant, but what had happened? Tell me, my heart. He wanted, needed to make it better somehow, to stem the tide of sorrow flowing through the bond.

Sister mine...went to join Hers. There was a magnitude of loss in those words. His dear gentle sister, lost to them forever now... Petrosinth leaned into the touch as H'aku reached out to him, trembling with the first great loss of his young life.

Holding the brown close, H'aku's face paled as he remembered the boy that had lain far too still upon the Sands. Him?

Yes? I...I don't know. She...she's gone...

Ryuthulhu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:54 am
It took a bit to get back to the healers, his eyes were closed by the time he made it there, just steadily walking despite the pain that was blossoming in his chest and now in his head. A constant headache that just seemed to be getting worse and worse as time went on. Bossuth's wounds were the most important to R'iz though, he was seeping ichor all down the both of them and was in pain, though it seemed that they were superficial wounds.

At least that's what he remembered the dragonhealer mentioning. He could swear that's what he'd heard, but somehow he was sitting holding his head and he didn't even know how he'd gotten there.

Suddenly a pair of purple eyes, eyes that swirled every possible color of loving and adoring purple that they possibly could at once. That's what they said. You need to sleep My Radish, your head really hurts badly doesn't it? Starting just a bit, R'iz reached a hand out and ran it from the little bronze's nose all the way up to his small headknobs. I'll be okay, we need to get you fed and oiled so you don't itch or hurt. he offered up, letting that influx of love rouse him even further.

Well they did give you a bucket of meat and some oil, but don't rush if your head hurts. I can wait a little bit if you need to sleep. Bossuth said brightly, more concerned for his newly bonded rider even as the boy reached for the bucket. I do need sleep apparently. I don't remember them giving me this, but we'll worry about that in a bit, once this is all done we can sleep for as long as we need. R'iz could tell his dragon was worn out as well and he wanted a chance to curl up with the bronze and let him know he adored him. That could wait for now though, he wasn't lying, Bossuth came first.

Luckily it seemed that someone had possessed the foresight to cut up the meat that was in the bucket into bite sized pieces. Maybe they just didn't trust him with one eye, a massive headache, and a knife. Even for R'iz the math didn't add up there. So he slowly and methodically fed Bossuth some pieces, making sure to run his hands over his newly impressed dragon gently in the meantime, learning the curve of his short headknobs and the patterns that ran down his neck and broad chest. It was amazing, it was wonderful. Never in his life had such love been poured into him before, not like this, he'd heard all the stories and been told by riders how it worked before but... this was a different level of love than he would ever have imagined. It was the brain-shut-off process of feeding his bronze that had him so distracted he didn't hear it at first. His head was ringing with the headache on top of it all, but it was Bossuth's own keening wail that suddenly rose in his head and through his heart, in the air all around him, that woke R'iz the whole way up.

Little sister no! the little bronze cried up into the sky with the rest of the dragons in the Weyr, his eyes solid grey rather than the brilliant sea of purple they had been. She's gone, her's was gone! She's... she's gone... The sadness that emanated from Bossuth drove a spike into the redhead's heart and he lurched forward to wrap himself around his dragon again. I know, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry Bossuth. He kept repeating the words in vain as his little one cried with all the others.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:11 am
Zamistia and Nanuth

Zamistia had told Amila she would be right back, before she headed over to where the oil was. She grabbed the one Nanuth had requested, before heading back to sit in the spot they had occupied before. She knew he brown did not want to be where everyone else was cleaning, there were too many there. They got back in time to see one of Nanuth's blue cousins impress to his bonded. She worked on oiling Nanuth, while he mentally scoffed to her how he couldn't believe how much his brother was being a sharding idiot with all that parading around.

"Ooo...the little white impressed!"Zamistia noted with glee, as she looked up to see him go over to his. She was just so happy, she had been worried the little one might be too scared to do so. After all, she knew what that was like, wanting to hide.

His will help him, Mine, just as I will you. No matter what, I shall not let harm come to you,the brown assured, nuzzling her hand a moment, before letting her continue her work. He kept his eyes on the sands for her, seeing one of his blue cousins peeking out of his shells, calling to his own. He also sent assurances to Nala and Tizzy, knowing it was almost over. Just then, he saw a string of a few more impressions, that he passed on to his rider. One of his blue cousins, one of his brown cousins, and his egotistical brown brother. It seemed all would actually end well...that was until the sound of keening reached him. His hearts seemed to still as he watched his little green sister emerge from her egg and head for the spot where there was a lot of blood. Then she blinked out of sight and he let out his own mournful keening, his eyes going grey.

No, it can't...end that way. That was where..where the one..boy died. Nooo,the redhead cried out in her mind. She dropped the supplies she had in her hands and held her dragon tightly, weeping into his back.

It's okay, my light, it's okay. She..went to be with Her's. We will remember her well,Nanuth soothed. Though his own hearts were in pain, he pushed a blanket of love to his rider. He never would have thought they would share this in common..not yet anyway. Her draped one of his wings over her arm and wrapped his tail around her middle as he came to curl up in her lap once more. To Bossuth, Yulaniah, Matoath, and Mictecath he sent all the love and support he could to them too. Although he knew they could be brave, he knew of each of their tender hearts. He did the same for Nala and Tizzy, wanting them to know he was here for them. He was crying inside too, but he did better when putting it into action.

Thaliawen

Hattaki

NovaCracker

SilverLutz

magnadearel

Sweet Symmetry

Demanthra and Monath

Month felt the very gentle touch on her mind, it brought more soothing to her mind..just as her beloved brown had. She made sure to send love back to both Caironairth and Zenobiath, even though she could feel the anger from her golden love. She couldn't blame her, that stranger had disrespected the golds of High Reaches..actually all of their Weyr. The green was ticked off too, but worry was there too for her rider. After all, she knew they had repeated how they were to act, but still candidates did stupid things.

I just hope that the candidate staff does not suffer too much because of the insolence of some of the candidates..or the ones who had been good,Monath told her sister truthfully. Both her loves would sense to worry, it wasn't easy for her to mask from them. Thankfully, everything seemed to calm down and impressions continued. Unfortunately, just as she thought they were done with any surprises, a little green came out, her eyes white. She walked over to the spot where one of the candidates had died, before winking out of sight. Monath's eyes went gray and began keening with everyone else. She sensed the keening of Gyafrith and Iptoneth too, seeing the tears on Ashlyn's face. Her hearts hurt, the baby had been so young and to see her between like that...it was awful. She also felt her rider's soft cries, so she put her love in her most treasured one. It felt like when she lost two of her siblings all over again, except this one..had barely had a chance to live.

BastetAmun

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Prism Shine

Quote:
Any other of Tarot can speak to sister<3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:28 am
"Saekagi... I mean... S'kagi?" Oh that was going to take some practice. Not bad practice, not my a long shot, but... practice. "I'm glad for you! That's fantastic!" He'd been a bit worried, keeping a half ear to the noises coming from back in the direction of the sands after one candidate had been killed but, it seemed for a moment as though things could have been worse.

"I'll mess that up for a while. Mine I mean." He admitted, sheepishly.

She winked, cheerfully, gulping a piece of meat from S'kagi's hand and teasingly informing him:

---
It went like that for a while, almost peaceful, almost enough to partially put aside the chaos and the suffering and the consequences and the roars from the sand

At least until Rosmuth turned a pale eyed look at him with a pang of grief that ripped through him.

The keen of the dragons said enough, and S'kagi flinched like he'd been punched, glancing around at the large gathering of so many dragons and weyrlings... which could have been one more. Should have been one more, and it ached to know that, as though he'd lost a relative, because she had. Someone she'd known, in her own way, in the shell, and now she was just... gone. Forever, in a blink.

Excited Apathy

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:35 am
Rune of Green Saevath

The pair had been fine, had been settled in. Her dragon was full, and oiled, watching the remainders of the Impressions trickling in with a sense of calm about them. Sure, Saevath could feel her Rider's concern for something, but it hardly mattered right now. All was...What. The last of her brothers came in, and then the sound of a pained keen. The little Green was on her feet in a second, running to the entrance of their little area and letting out a loud, pained KEEN. Her eyes were whirling red and white, staring at the bloodstained spots on the sands. Her hearts raced as Rune pulled her in to those strong arms, "It's going to be alright, Saevath..." The little Green went from her keening to laughing maniacally in her Rider's mind. Oh, how poetic was this...How awfully, terribly, painfully poetic...

Alumet of Gold Zenobiath
The gold had been calming as the last of the children Impressed...and then there it was. An egg she'd thought to be a dud shelled a lovely little green. Crooning softly at the little one, the Gold was so glad...and then....No. Her eyes whirled a worried yellow, terrified white creeping in as the tiny one moved to a stain on the sand, then seemed to weep and keen before disappearing Between. Alumet would feel it, the sense of the world dropping out from beneath them as Zeno let out a loud screeching keen of pain on Fianth and Rhianth's behalf, head falling to lay on the ledge as she fought back the urge to go down there. It hurt....It hurt so terribly. Alumet had collapsed, sobbing in to that dark golden hide. This was truly a loss...for all the weyr....for all of Pern.

Rhys
The last of the hatchlings Impressed, and while he felt joy for the others, there was a raw pain there. It was like the world was slowly muting around him, all he could hear the deep beat of his heart in his own ears...and then? Then the small green came. Again, another flicker of hope, and then she? She disappeared Between with a keen of pain, and Rhys fell to the Sands. His eyes filled with tears and he almost didn't feel the raw skin of his knees against rough, burning grains. He didn't hear the keens of the dragons for the loss of one so young. Didn't feel anything aside from real pain, and his own loss as well as that of the Dragon. Fianth...Poor Fianth...And now he was alone. Well and truly. Sure, there were likely people he could make friends with, but right now, it was just dark, it was painful, and he realized just how lost he was. Rune wasn't here to support him any more...There was nothing he could do...and while it might be okay eventually, right now? He wept...For Fianth, for the baby, and for himself. Shards...Today was going to be hard....and so was then next week.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff