Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:34 am
Being in such a remote part of the Kawani lands, The Forgemaster has had to learn to fend for himself. However, sometimes he needs a little extra help and relies on the local plants to create potions and salves to cure his ailments.

Goal: Find the herbs and mix them together to make a salve!
Instructions: Roll 3d6 and match them to the list below. These are the ingredients you've chosen for your salve!

1. You pick some sweet berries. They're blue in colour and have a funny after taste and they make your tongue tingle. (+1 potency )
  2. You find some odd shaped leaves. The smell musty and you aren't game enough to try but how much harm could they really do? (-2 potency)
  3. You pick some clear water from a nearby spring. It's cool and is the cleanest thing you've ever tasted. (+5 potency)
  4. Your pick some purple flowers. In the back of your mind, you swear you recall being warned about them as a foal... (-5 potency)
  5. You choose some aloe, soothing and cool. (+2 potency)
  6. You choose some seaweed growing in the river. It doesn't have much of a negative effect but it's slimy and the taste is off putting. (-1 potency)

Now that you've chosen your ingredients you need to make your salve! Roll 1d6 and match your result below!
    Odd: You have absolutely no idea what you're doing and you spill half your salve while mixing it! (-5 potency)
    Even: Your a natural! Even if your ingredients were questionable, everything seems to have come together nicely! (+5 potency)

Reward: Tally up your score and match to the results below!
    0 - 5 potency: Your "medicine" leaves the Forgemaster stuck in bed for days violently ill. He prays for death but also fears it has truly come for him. While he's sleeping, you manage to slip a gold piece from his coin purse. You did warn him that you weren't that great at identifying herbs! (+1 gold piece)
    6 - 10: The potion doesn't seem to have any effect at all. He knows you tried your best, however, and he grants you a reward. (+2 gold pieces)
    11 - 15: The potion has a pretty positive effect! While it won't solve all his problems, it does invigorate him and give him plenty of energy to get through the day without any groans or sighs! (+3 gold pieces)
    16 - 20: This is the greatest potion The Forgemaster has ever had in his life! He swears you've created the elixir of life. (+5 gold pieces)

Malis Vitterfolk rolled 3 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 4 Total: 7 (3-18)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You pick some sweet berries. They're blue in colour and have a funny after taste and they make your tongue tingle. (+1 potency)
You find some odd shaped leaves. The smell musty and you aren't game enough to try but how much harm could they really do? (-2 potency)
Your pick some purple flowers. In the back of your mind, you swear you recall being warned about them as a foal... (-5 potency)

Mar'liel had heard about the need for potion makers. She decided to help out as best she could. Wandering over to the Forgemaster she decided what he needed was a pick-me-up and set out to find the perfect herbs for what she needed. Usually she had bunches on her in packs but most of them had already been used for miscellaneous bumps and scrapes that she had found around the faire. It seemed like a lot of people were playing with weapons they only knew a little on how to use!

After searching out the perfect bushel of berries she picked out a mouthful and carefully placed them into a low pouch for safe keeping until she found the rest of the ingredients. Mar'li wasn't as familiar with this area of the Kawani lands but figured she could at least make a basic potion with fresh ingredients. Looking around she searched for some leaves she could add in. The ones she usually used from home were round with little points on them. She hoped to find the same here...

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

chi honda rolled 3 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 5 Total: 12 (3-18)

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:46 pm
User Image

You pick some clear water from a nearby spring. It's cool and is the cleanest thing you've ever tasted. (+5 potency)
Your pick some purple flowers. In the back of your mind, you swear you recall being warned about them as a foal... (-5 potency)
You choose some aloe, soothing and cool. (+2 potency)

Topper was super excited to try her hand at her first task. She had chosen one that was something the forgemaster really seemed to need done. Or well more like it would help him and she was happy to help in anyway she could. Especially since he seemed like one of the good males like teykali was.

From what she had understood it was something about potion making. Though really she had never made potions before so this would be definitely a first. She thought as she head to the area she was instructed to - to find the herbs she needed. Normally she would have everything ready at home but here she was a little unprepared. Maybe she had left in to much of a hurry.

As she walked into the area she noticed it looked like someone had beaten her here. She didn't want to scare them so she said, "Hello. I'm Topper. Looks like we might be on the same quest." She was kind as she spoke and as she began to look for some stuff to make her quest potion with. First on her list was some nice clear water from a nearby spring. It looked so good she couldn't help but to try it and man it was the best thing ever. "Wow this water is amazing - nothing like I've ever had before," she said out loud with a look of surprise on her face. And to think this was only the first one, next was some purple flowers?!

Malis Vitterfolk
Tag!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:10 am
Mar'li was startled for a moment when she heard a voice close behind her. "Oh, ya be fine!" she uttered without thinking. Turning around she saw a brown filly with darker stripes. She almost reminded the Troll of the WillowGlen herd members and for a moment she thought this new mare was a distant relative. "Topper." She added as an afterthought as her mind registered the introduction.

"I'm Mar'liel though most be callin' me Mar'li." The troll bowed this time in a proper greeting. "Ya may be right if ya quest also be creatin' a potion. What kinda things ya be lookin' for?" She picked up the pouch of berries in her teeth before stowing them away carefully. "I've already fount t' berries I need. Now I need t' be findin' some purple flowers." She remembered seeing some on her way into the area but the direction escaped her for the moment. Maybe this new mare would have a better idea on where they might be.

chi honda
Your it!

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:11 pm
Topper smiled it looked like this person was a friendly one. Which she had to say she was super happy about, since she had no idea who she might meet up with in this place. As she looked more at them she was surprised at how pretty they looked. Especially with their anklets made of what looked like shells but maybe they were something different.

She shook her head quick so not to be rude and responded, "well it's nice to meet yah Mar'li! Oh and I love your anklets by the way they are super beautiful." She smiled big and bowed in return since she figured that might be their preferred way of greeting. She nodded to her response that came next as far as the quest it definitely was the same one. She quickly stored her water she needed away and tried to remember what she needed next.

It was water and then ... oh that's right purple flowers! "Actually I'm looking for the same thing next and then aloe I think," she said as she suddenly remembered something purple as she entered the area out of the side of her vision. It only caught her eyes cause it was a pretty color and stood out in this area as it wasn't something she expected to see her. It was a color purple she hadn't seen in awhile, though flowers always did have pretty colors to them and on her travels she had seen so many different ones.

"And You know I think I actually saw some this way actually," she said as she raised her right hoof and pointed in the direction behind her. North she believed it was. And if she was right hopefully she could help them both get one step closer to their completed potions!

Malis Vitterfolk
Tag sorry for the late reply had to go the ER unexpectedly. ^^' All good now though!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:09 am
chi honda
"And You know I think I actually saw some this way actually," she said as she raised her right hoof and pointed in the direction behind her. North she believed it was. And if she was right hopefully she could help them both get one step closer to their completed potions!

"Perfect!" Mar'li wandered off in the direction Topper indicated looking around for the purple flowers. "Hey! Ya be right! They be right here!" She nosed the pretty purple flowers that she had discovered and then marked them for Topper to find also. They were small, bright little things with tiny round petals. At first the troll had a small nagging feeling in the back of her mind. Something about these she probably should remember but for the moment it escaped her.
Mar'li used her tusks to root around in the dirt under the flowers. She wanted to try and get the roots as well in case they were useful. That nagging feeling would not leave her and she tried to figure out what was so significant about these flowers. Something about what Malis had said when she was younger, but she wasn't quite sure. She shook her head it was probably not important if it hadn't come to her by now.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:19 am
Topper quickly followed behind after Mar'li. She hoped she had remembered correctly, though she was pretty sure she had there was always a chance. As soon as she heard they had found them she jumped a little in joy her hooves slightly leaving the ground. "sweet! that was super close by!" She said excitedly as she raced around to the opposite side of the flowers.

As she stared at them they looked even pretty up close, than they had when she had glanced at them slightly. Though as she looked at them she felt something a little more creepy run through her mind. A slight shiver went down her body as if there was something she knew about them, something bad but she couldn't remember what. Where had seen these before now...as the thought lingered in her head for a moment. She shook it away. Since whatever it was would have to wait since she had a job to do. She quickly picked some up, ripping up some dirt on accident as she did, and placed them with the water.

"well one more down!" She said happily before saying, "so what are you looking for next? I think my last one off this list is aloe though I have no idea where that would be around here." which was the complete truth she thought as she looked around curiously.

Malis Vitterfolk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:32 pm
chi honda
"well one more down!" She said happily before saying, "so what are you looking for next? I think my last one off this list is aloe though I have no idea where that would be around here." which was the complete truth she thought as she looked around curiously.

The troll thought for a moment, her eyes closed as she went over the ingredience. "Ah be needin' t' find some odd-shaped leaves. Or somethin' like that." She looked around, examining the roots of the trees near by. "Come t' think they be around t' bottoms of trees... or maybe they can be found in t' lower branches?" As she spoke, she spied the remains of some mistletoe and remembered the name of the herb she was searching for. "I think it's named 'Coltsfoot'! It be good fer upset stomachs an' t' like." At least that is what she thought she remembered, honestly, she had slept through the last few lessons because she preferred learning about potions that affected people by making them fall asleep than by healing them.

After rooting around a little more she spotted something that could be considered odd-shaped. "Ah hah! I think I found t' last of the herbs I need!" She pulled it up, noticing the slightly bitter taste as she did so and grabbed some near-by mind forgetting that the two reacted with each-other to create a rather strong diuretic. "How about you? Anything else ya need?"

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:20 am
”Malis Vitterfolk”
After rooting around a little more she spotted something that could be considered odd-shaped. "Ah hah! I think I found t' last of the herbs I need!" She pulled it up, noticing the slightly bitter taste as she did so and grabbed some near-by mind forgetting that the two reacted with each-other to create a rather strong diuretic. "How about you? Anything else ya need?"

Man she was so fast at finding what she needed it was amazing. “Awesome, and that an interesting herb I’ve never seen it before. I’ll have to remember it if I ever get a stomach ache, or well Teykali does,” she said not realizing she had said his name. As she watched the other person finish her list. She then quickly looked around for what she needed. She knew that aloe was kind of well a base description anyways.

It was green with tentacle looking things for arms. All in all to her it reminded her of an green octopus plant in look. “I think it’s normally hidden by trees or other plants,” she said remember what she had heard some others back at the camp talking about how they had to find it. She didn’t like to accidently listen in to peoples conversations but for this quest it was definitely helping her.

She looked around for it quickly not wanting to fall behind and before she knew she spied it right behind a tree, well a green tentacle looking thing anyways. She quickly raced over behind the tree and her eye lit up. It was just like the description she had in her head. As she pulled it up carefully, her mouth tasted a little funny afterwards. Though she tried to ignore it as she placed it with the other items she had collected. “Actually, I just found the last thing for me too!” she said happily, “this is going way better than I thought it would and faster.”

As she said that she tried to think of what came next, so she had collected the ingredients like the forgemaster had asked. So next was…. To create the salve. “so I guess that means it’s salve time, right?” she said just kind of double checking to make sure she hadn’t maybe gone to the wrong step next.

Malis Vitterfolk rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:10 am
chi honda
As she said that she tried to think of what came next, so she had collected the ingredients like the forgemaster had asked. So next was…. To create the salve. “so I guess that means it’s salve time, right?” she said just kind of double checking to make sure she hadn’t maybe gone to the wrong step next.

"That would be correct!" She looked around for a good place to start the process. She knew she needed to find a large flat rock to start grinding down the herbs. Mar'li spied the perfect stone and carefully placed the herbs and berries she had found onto it. The troll then looked around for a decent sized stone to use to grind down the floral items picking one up with a grin, "There, that should be doin' it."

Mar'li was doomed from the start. She mushed up the herbs into a foul-smelling mass. "Hmmm... I'm not sure if this be what I be lookin' for." She peered at it for a long moment thoughtfully. "Maybe I have..." Mumbling to herself she gathered up a few different herbs and added them in until the salve looked and smelt much better. "There we go! I think it'll be just fine after all." What she had forgotten was that she was working on a topical substance, not something that could be ingested. "He is going to love this!" The troll looked over at her new friend and asked with a smile. "How be yours going on?"

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

chi honda rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:40 pm
Even: Your a natural! Even if your ingredients were questionable, everything seems to have come together nicely! (+5 potency)

Topper was excited she had remembered the next step correctly and looked for a good place for her to start. She knew it required a super flat surface. She watched as Mar'li grabbed a rock, and knew something like that would be a smart idea. Though then she saw a stump right near and rushed over to it. It was definitely flat and could probably work too. So she laid her ingredient down and looked around for the next tool she would need which was something to smash or mush it altogether with. Hmm... she thought as she looked around for whatever she could find. As luck would have it she noticed a stone not to far off. So she rushed to grab it. As she grabbed it she looked over and noticed the other here was using a rock too. So in her head she figured it should work. She rushed over and began grinding it all together. "i hope I'm doing this right," she mumbled as she finished her first salve ever. Since these weren't really something she had ever made before.

To her surprise despite that she had no idea how that had all come together it actually looked okay. "wow..." she said as she smelled something sweet and refreshing coming from what she had just made. Was this what all this kind of stuff smelled like, it was beautiful and almost made her want to make another with some crazy ingredients. She really hoped the forgemaster would like it too!

Then she heard her new friends voice and replied, "Surprisingly yeah! It actually smells good, I can't believe that stuff made this. how is yours coming?" She really hoped it was going as well as her own since they both had worked very hard to gather their ingredients.

Malis Vitterfolk
tag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:43 pm
"Eeeehhhh.... I figure I'm done now." She gathered up the salve into a leaf and poured it into the jar. "Looks like we should head back before it gets too late. Things seem to be closing down soon." Turning back with her new friend she grinned. "Can't be any worse than what my brother made once!" She began to tell the story of how they had been told to make potions that were a type of love potion. Not only had her brother mixed up the ingredients but he effectively made a potion that created the opposite of what she wanted. The end result created a substance that was so obtrusive that he couldn't sit near anyone for a month without creating disgust all around him! She laughed loud and long after that telling. It was one of her favorite stories.

chi honda

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:26 pm
Topper nodded her head and realized she was right it was almost closing time. She quickly gathered up her salve. She gently took her hoof, put it tight against the wood, and brushed the salve she created into a jar she grabbed out of her bag. As she place the sweet smelling salve into a jar, she really hoped it actually worked as good as it smelled.

She tightened the jar and put it in securely into her bag on her back. that was when she heard the story begin. She listened to the story and couldn't help but laugh really loud herself. "Oh my gosh. Well you are definitely right I don't think either of ours will be that bad." A smile grew on her face as she finished speaking.

Suddenly all her worries about hers being good or bad were swept away. As she finished laughing she looked up at the sky and realized they needed to hurry. She didn't want them to miss the chance to show off their stuff to the forgemaster. After all her and her new friend had worked really hard on everything.

She looked towards her and said, "Thanks for the great story, though I think we should probably hurry I would hate for us to miss our chance to turn these in." she said kindly as she started heading out in the direction of the forge."Let's go!" She said excited to see how it would all work out.

Today was a day she wouldn't soon forget. Not only had she made her first ever potion but she had also made a really great new friend. To her she had kind of gotten a bonus reward, and she couldn't wait to see how they both did once they arrived back at the forge. A smile stayed on her face as she headed back, ready to receive the outcome of each of their hard work.

Malis Vitterfolk
Alright tag! Now sleep. xD hope this works!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:54 pm
Mar'li nodded and hurried along side her new friend. She still had a smile on her face as she gave over the salve to the Forgemaster, hoping that she would be paid well for her endeavours. Moving aside for him to accept a few more offerings from the job board she suddenly got a worried look on her face as she noticed he had opened up her salve and in one big gulp he downed it!
Ooooohhhh nooooooo....!! she hissed under his breath. That salve was topical!! Not a... well shoot... She slunk away in the midst of the crowd, not wanting to see what might happen next and hoping it wasn't anything too bad...

chi honda
Done!!

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items