Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] After a Week (Bossuth, R'iz & Nalacko)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:35 am
Sunlight, cold and bright, filtered through the windows of the Healer's Wing along with chill air that meant winter was coming in it's relentlessly quick way as usual. It definitely wasn't so cold that more than a blanket was necessary, which was good given the bandages on R'iz's chest covering the stitches he'd pulled far more than once over the last week. Slowly he'd moved beds to help with any need that the healers might have and eventually it had wound him up close to the windows as it was certainly the healthiest place for him to be. Even though he'd lost as much blood as he had given how deeply the green dragon's claws had ripped through him and how long he'd stayed standing out on the sands with darkness edging his vision, he'd been told that soon he'd finally be released. It was long overdue for him. He'd only escaped once or twice and been brought back as he couldn't exactly move very far and Bossuth wasn't quite quick either.

Looking up from the notes Shar had written from their lessons over the last week the redhead looked to his sleeping dragon, coiled up in a beam of sunlight so that it made his skin shine. It was the most peculiar of things to him, that there was actually a dragon that had wanted someone that under normal circumstances might have been considered too broken, though Nimueh had been working thoroughly with him on quelling those feelings even before. Then out of the darkness of that hatching had come Bossuth with all the love and support he could have ever asked for in dragon form and still underlying it all was a desire to be of help. Even in his sleeping moments he was a wellspring of love but there was hard work ahead of them and he knew the little bronze would be willing to meet it. If only he'd been smart enough to cover his face, if only he'd not been so nervous that his friends would be hurt once more with all of Bossuth's cousins out there and their angry eyes, then the two of them would already be working.

They are good sorts, Skerath was just upset and hadn't found hers yet. She'll be a fantastic fighter, you'll see. She's made of very strong stuff and she wants to protect Pern just like you. Though he'd felt the dragon wake he still wasn't sure how Bossuth could always tell when he needed spoken to or a pep talk. Their feelings were so entwined that it was hard to tell where his would end and the little bronze's would start.Usually it was easy to tell where the thread of love between them rested, glowing bright and connecting them both with how strong it had grown even in just a week's time. Well we'll have to let her know that we'll fight with her when the time comes. She and her bonded seemed pretty fierce together even with one injured, I'm sure they'll be fantastic. The praise for his cousin had Bossuth glow a bit, he wouldn't hear anything negative about his family, immediate or distant for in his hearts they were all wonderful.

It might take some time to get used to everything about his dragon, but he was happy to pull back the different layers and see where the future lead alongside him and his friends.

Friends....

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:39 pm
Hattaki

Nalacko let Vine ride on her shoulder as she went to visit her friend and hero of the hatching in the healer's infirmary. He'd been heavily injured protecting her and several other candidates from a rampaging dragonet. She regretted she hadn't been able to see him before now; to thank him and congratulate him on his rise to weyrling. Mainly because there had been some dire consequences from that hatching. Nala shook her head thinking about how stupid people had been.

She wondered if anyone had told the healing pair anything about what had been happening with the candidates. Nala doubted it. He wasn't a candidate anymore. Why would he care? In fact, the whole group that had been standing together on the sands had impressed. Except her. Nala had to pause and choke back the tears for a moment. She was happy for her friends! She was! Would he really want her to bother him now though? He was to be an important rider. Half way across the room, the girl paused, undecided. Maybe she should just go back to her barracks?  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:21 am
Had R'iz not been thinking about his friends in that moment, about the girls that had been standing with him out on the sands, about the ones that had impressed and about the one soul who hadn't then Bossuth might have missed it. She wasn't entirely familiar to him though he'd heard the congratulations she'd given to them both after their Impression, her heart had been so shy. What he'd mostly noticed was how that shyness had made him concerned even then for it seemed after his own kind of shyness.

It had only been a brief moment that he'd felt her, that he'd caught that feeling on the hatching sands but the little bronze could still feel her even now and with her hesitation he reached out with a gentle touch of love. Just as R'iz had been slowly teaching him to do with others that weren't himself, Shar had been his learning experience that not all enjoyed that deep crush of love and affection. It took an effort for Bossuth, but when he felt Nalacko he reached out gently to her and tried to beckon her closer, for his rider couldn't speak even if he could see her.

Please don't be nervous, he's missed you and I was never able to really meet you. Bossuth spoke quietly for her, doing everything he could to be gentle. The moment he had felt her presence he'd relayed it over and the redhead was smiling from the inside out, the concern had grown back up within him on the heels of it and he had impressed to him the careful nature that the little dragon had to take. Will you come join us? It has been so very lonely here for him without his friends and he's been worried for all of you, even if he's trying to be brave.

At that he felt a slight push but Bossuth refused to take back anything, for he could see in his rider's heart.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 pm
Hattaki

Nalacko had nearly convinced herself that R'iz wouldn't want to see her again or really care now that he'd found his dragon. She started slightly as a voice spoke within her mind. Vine gave a pleased hum in her ear. She felt beckoning and drifted slightly closer. R'iz had missed her? Even after she'd caused him to get such harm?

The gentle invitation was more than even she could resist though. Nala wiped a tear away and padded over to the cot that held her friend. She could understand lonely. Healers were exactly interested in the latest news. "I think he's been very brave," she murmured to the tiny bronze.

She smiled a greeting for R'iz. "Hello bronzerider. I wanted to congratulate you and thank you." Nala giggled softly so as not to disturb anyone nearby and settled onto an empty stool. "And congrats to you young bronze on finding The Best partner out there." She gave the young man a good look over, mainly all she could see was bandages. He'd probably carry those scars for life. "Have the healer's been treating you well? I know it must be hard to talk. I can bring a hide or maybe a chalk for you to write on."

Nala shook her head with a smile, "you don't have to worry about the others! Everyone impressed too!" Was she babbling too much? She hoped she wasn't annoying him. The dragon had invited her over. That counted right? "Is there anything you need?" She looked earnestly into his eyes. Searching for she didn't know what.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 am
Impossible as it was to imagine that he could blush through the joy of seeing one of his friends, R'iz managed to blush bright red when both Bossuth and Nalacko called him brave and he strangled the embarrassment out of himself and pointed to the quill and paper that were sitting on the little table beside his cot. Shar had brought it to him so he could take his own notes based on the ones that she'd taken for him during lessons the past week or so. In reality he was okay and well set for things but he was still incredibly grateful that Nala had offered to do anything for him when she was in the midst of such upheaval with her own issues thanks to what was happening with the candidates. But that wasn't what concerned him as much as what she had said right before that....

Sensing the feelings that R'iz had in his chest, the thoughts that were running through his mind, Bossuth rose from his spot curled in the sun and slipped over to where Nalacko had sat down, resting his head on her leg. It was the same motion he had done with Shar not that long ago but he knew now that he had to hold back with a small amount of the love that he normally would send to people. Instead the little bronze kept pouring love into his rider and simply took a sliver of it, not incredibly small but not as much as he'd given to Shar either, and pressed it onto the girl like a warm hug. His rider had cried enough in the dark of night that he knew what tears looked like and even what they looked like once they dried or had been removed. He says you don't need to call him 'bronzerider' since you're one of his good friends. Thank you for saying so though, I couldn't have chosen anyone else out there, he was always mine. My name is Bossuth, he says that you're Nalacko and that you're a very good person. I can see that in his memories.

Gently he nuzzled at one of her hands and looked up at her with bright purple eyes for she had known his chosen before he had and been friends with him. Be easy with her, she's a good person and a little shy. If you open up and pour love at her it might make her cry or leave. R'iz warned his little dragon carefully, leveling a look at him even if he knew that Bossuth was doing his very best. In return he felt a push as if the little one could push him back into bed to lay down and relax, though there was nothing there but love and concern even with the response. You were the one that was still left on the sands that congratulated him, I'm sorry that you didn't find yours this time but you're one step closer to finding your partner to your nice heart. Please don't be sad or think that your friends Impressing will make them not want to see you anymore. Friends don't go away that easily. For emphasis, since Bossuth had spoken to them both, R'iz shook his head and reached out to take her hands with a grin.

As far as he was concerned he wasn't going to lose anyone in any way if he could do something about it.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm
Hattaki
These two.

Nala was relieved to see someone had already thought of giving the young man something to write upon. It was a much better one than her stupid chalk had been too. She sighed to herself, glad he didn't have to rely on her or he'd probably be in trouble. She smile when she saw him blushing after she called him brave. "Well you were. I don't know many people who would do that." No matter what he said, he'd always be brave in her eyes.

The young teen was startled when the tiny bronze rose from his spot to come and rest his head upon her leg. She froze, confused. This was the behavior she'd expect for R'iz, not herself. It, it was so strange, having the warm feeling like a hug but inside. It was kind of like Vine, but much more direct. Nala knew it was coming from Bossuth. Her hand gently rested on his head between his head knobs.

Her face screwed up, partially in mirth. "Oh dear. I'm so sorry R'iz. I didn't mean it like that. I was just so happy for you! You have just a wonderful boy." Would she ever meet her dragon? Would they be as perfect for her as Bossuth seemed to be for R'iz? "It's a pleasure to meet you officially Bossuth. That I am." Now it was her turn to flush. She was good? Nala was just.... Nala.

She let her hand stroke his soft hide when he nuzzled her hand. Nala shook her head. "How could I do otherwise? I was so happy that everyone around me had Impressed." Her mind flitted briefly on a rumor that she'd heard started going around. Hopefully R'iz hadn't heard it yet as it was utterly absurd. "Plus he'd been hurt protecting several of us. If anyone deserved to find his dragon that day it was him."

Nala mulled over the bronze's words that reassured her on exactly what she'd been afraid of just before she'd come over. They all had their dragons, their other halves. She was still a lonely candidate. It did separate her from the group a tiny bit. They'd all be getting different lessons from her now. "I'll try to remember that Bossuth. Are the healers treating you ok R'iz? Is there anything you need?"  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:34 am
Both of his eyebrows were hidden by the bandage and one even stitched through thanks to claw marks but it didn't stop him from lifting one and then both at her remarks of him being brave. It wasn't bravery, it had been the correct thing to do and Bossuth so much as told Nala that as well, as innocently as he could parrot it which made him flush again. That much blood running to his stitches had to be bad but at least he couldn't feel any warmth there that might indicate he'd pulled them like the ones he had on his chest so many times. At least that was a blessing, for he didn't want to frighten Nala in any way after all.

With a croon the small bronze closed his eyes and reported simply, Yes you are good! You're Nala and R'iz says you're very good, so there's no denying it. Given that he'd kept the link open between all three of them so that both humans could hear his voice it left his rider with his hand pressed against the only spot of skin on his face. Just a very direct sort of dragon was what he'd Impressed and it was going to take getting used to, having all his innermost thoughts and feelings dredged up and thrown on display like that. It definitely went against his more prickly nature. Well you need your friends to hear the things you think anyway, since they're always so good.

Arguing with that would have been pointless and he just rolled his eyes at his bronze in retort since he couldn't say what he'd been meaning to.

Eyes opening slowly, gray flecked through the vibrant purple for the briefest of seconds before dissipating. That was very scary, I thought he was going to die and I'd never get to meet him even though I could still feel him. He doesn't think he deserves a dragon but he's stuck with me anyway, even if I'm not the best of bronzes. He and brother would have done much better together, a bronze as big and proud as my Radish is. In response R'iz snorted as loudly as he could manage and leveled a frown at Bossuth, there'd never been anyone else or any other possible match for him than the dragon right before him. He doesn't agree with me anytime I mention that though, but I'll try harder for him then! The last response he directed in almost a mental whisper to Nala alone, but the color of his eyes never once shifted from purple again despite his words.

Trying to get past the rather self-demeaning talk his dragon was using, R'iz pointed simply at Nala and tilted his head a bit, trying to make the question he was asking look apparent. How are you doing? The healers have us all set up and taken care of other than he always complains about being in just a robe again. But we both want to know how you are and how it's been. Bossuth nuzzled at her leg gently and chirped up at Vine on the girl's shoulder as if asking her as well.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm
Hattaki

Bossuth's hide was so soft and had a pleasant spicy scent. He'd probably been oiled recently. Nalacko enjoyed petting him since he was allowing it. Her cheeks felt so red, that she wondered if R'iz noticed them glowing. She wasn't use to so many compliments.

Was she not suppose to have heard that last bit? "Bossuth, sometimes people like to keep some thoughts to themselves." She smiled gently at the bronze, "I'm glad you told me, but it might embarrass your rider from time to time if you tell everyone everything."

"R'iz deserved the best dragon and you are the best!" Nala said firmly. She wouldn't let her friends say otherwise on this matter. They were The Best Pair in her mind. "I'm so glad you got to him in time." She stroked his neck reassuringly and murmured softly, meant for the bronze only, "you'll do it."

"Oh me? Uh, it's been fine. I got to see Zamista and Nanuth at the feast. I didn't realize it during the hatching, but he was comforting me then too." Nanuth had been super sweet too. "I don't think you saw since it was after the healers took you away, but it was just me and Shar standing there and one of the blues came over and sat beside me for some time."

Vine looked down at the tiny bronze from her perch and preened. She chittered back happily. Everything was perfect as far as the little green was concerned.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:17 pm
Nuzzling gently at the girl's leg, the little bronze fixed her with one bright eye and his whole being seemed to smile just a little bit, for he knew deep down that R'iz would rather show friendship and affection quietly than have it expressed through words. However given how often each of his rider's friends had come to see him, Bossuth believed it rather important for his friends to know that he cared about them and not just because he had saved them from being gouged and mauled.The last bit that she said though, if a dragon could blush than Bossuth had considered it in that exact moment. He got to me is much more accurate, I'm not a strong dragon but for him and his friends I'll try! With an attempt at bravado that he absolutely did not feel in the least, the tiny dragon puffed his chest up a bit and bumped at her hand for more scratches at his head.

But oh so quickly deflated a bit as his own inner machinations began to run amok in his head as they always did. Warmth spread over Bossuth's entire being like a hug and with that R'iz nodded his head to Nalacko with something like a grin.

While he hadn't seen the actual thing, Nanuth had been kind enough to share just about everything with him up until he Impressed, so that much he'd seen even when his mind had been waffling in the darkest of places. Thinking on it now, he hadn't actually spent much time in that darkness since he Impressed, could be that Bossuth's own need overrode the pain that he felt, or that the bronze simply pressed so much love into him that there was no place for anything but that... once he left the healers he was sure he'd figure it all out. After all they had quite some time to be together. What he focused on rather than looking inward was how she hadn't actually responded with how she was doing and for some reason it was bothering him, if only because it was worrying.

Picking up on it and spinning it so it didn't show the concern at the level his Radish was conveying, Bossuth creeled sweetly up at Nala and Vine. It must have been good to have Shar with you still, she's very strong but so are you! Especially if one of my cousins came to see you and watch you, they are all very strong. Could have been that his own aunt had given them all that strength and he knew for certain that Rhianth was great. All the dragons hatched at High Reaches must be, for they had such grand queens. How have things been going since the hatching? There are still many candidates, it's a shame not everyone could find their match, but soon!

If he was anything, Bossuth was an optimist.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:40 pm
Hattaki
we should wrap this up. lol

She rubbed his eyeridges obligingly. Nala wanted a dragon as sweet as Bossuth was. She understood his feelings rather well. She didn't feel strong either, but for her friends she'd try!

Nala nodded slowly when Bossuth mentioned Shar. She'd been so grateful the woman stayed with her as long as she had. Left alone she probably wouldn't have had the strength to stand out there for as long as she did, even with the support of the blue. But in the end even Shar had left her. Not that she would blame Shar in the least! Not with her own dragon waiting.

It had been so hard after Shar had impressed and the blue had gone off to find his. What was she going to do next hatching? Everyone she'd know this hatching had impressed! She'd be forced to stand out there all alone. Nala tried not to think about it, instead she tried to answer her friends.

"They were very nice. I don't think I'm strong Bossuth. I probably would have run off if they hadn't been there. The blue was super sweet, I wanted to pet him to thank him, but he wasn't mine so I couldn't." She still wasn't sure what his name was.

She tilted her head. "Lessons have started back up. Same old same old. R'iz could tell you about them, but they are super boring. And chores, but those aren't too bad."  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:13 pm
Slowly and surely, Bossuth bobbed his head and glanced back and forth between Nalacko and his Radish, concerned that she was somewhat hard on herself and that he needed to intervene. But with a gentle push, the redhead reminded him that it was okay, that some were just that way, as he was that way himself. In fact he had been just then that he'd been thinking those sorts of thoughts, comparing himself to his larger twin that had kinked his tail in the shell and been doing nothing but telling him how inferior he was since they'd hatched. An act that still had R'iz bristling.

Time would tell if that particular bond could be repaired, if either of them could get past it with sense. But R'iz wasn't interested in that sort of thing and simply... all he cared about was Bossuth really in that moment.

Lesson's be boring!? How is it that lessons could be boring!? His had wanted nothing more than to escape and throw himself into lessons ever since they'd been lying in the Healers wards. Could lessons really be that boring? Maybe you're just that smart that you know it all and hearing it over and over gets boring! After all, you know not to touch a newly hatched and unbonded dragon, and you know how to protect yourself. Once more he looked at his bonded and this time it was almost desperately.

R'iz tilted his head back at Nalacko a bit, unable to really communicate unless Bossuth did it for him, he was left somewhat unable to be of much help, but he waved a hand anyway as he relayed something over to his dragon. He says you're plenty strong! Much stronger than he is even.

magnadearel
Yes. XD One or two posts more probably.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:44 pm
Hattaki
Got this and our other rp mixed up. XD

She seriously considered his question. Why were lessons boring? "Mmmm I have no one to share them with. The riders can only give us so much theory about Impressing, but we won't really understand until it happens to us. I know they are trying to help, but after like 10 times..." She gave a tiny shrug. Plus she'd grown up at the weyr and hear this most of her life. "I suppose not all of them really are boring, I may have been exaggerating."

"Don't let the candidatemaster hear you say that Bossuth. He'd get really mad at me. I'm sure I don't know everything." They really thought she was strong? Her? Couldn't be. Nala was probably one of the weaker candidates simply because she was so tiny. "I don't believe I could be stronger than you R'iz."

She glanced toward the side and noticed a healer looking at them. "I... I should probably go soon. I think the vising hours are over."  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:07 am
A tiny bronze head tilted as he listened to Nalacko speak, generally self degradingly, something that he himself was completely comfortable with. Even if R'iz told him that he shouldn't be constantly and at length since their Impression.

Impressions...

You'll only ever need to know the one time. Nothing that anyone tells you will make sense until you experience it, so it's not as though you have to focus so much on that aspect, as keeping yourself alive on the sands. Bossuth said calmly, his voice warm as he projected it towards her. [i]If you focus on that one part and stress over it, you'll always be left wondering and never learn or care about anything else. Cuz lessons sound like lots of fun according to Mine.

Lessons aren't exactly that interesting Bossuth. Not as interesting as you make them sound anyway. R'iz offered to his dragon, something like laughter in his mental voice even if it was tired as it always was.

They won't be able to hear what I'm saying unless I want them to. If a dragon could wink. Besides, you're younger than Radish, surely you might have more to learn but you also have lots of time to meet your dragon, right? Someone as nice as her was bound to find a dragon meant for them. Still, R'iz put a hand on the little dragon, understanding where Nalacko was coming from.

You'll come back to visit another time though? His little wings flared a bit as he looked at her, she seemed nice and she'd certainly helped his with her visit. He'd like to see her again certainly.

magnadearel
MONTHS later cuz I'm the worst. XD;;;

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:19 am
Hattaki
I still love it! <3 Fin I think.

Nalacko had to chuckle as the little bronze's words rang true. She only needed to know the one time. How accurate. Keeping herself alive on the sands. Yes, if she had no one to stand with (Nala shuddered at the thought), then she needed to figure that out. "Maybe if I get some practice dodging with the weapons master?"

She wouldn't exactly say she was stressing over it, but isn't that what every candidate focused on? Nala smiled at the tiny bronze. "I'll try to relax more and have fun instead of worrying." Like she should be happy that all her friends were able to Impress around her. Thanks to her stupid father and his rumors.......

"Oh good." She couldn't be sure how far the little dragon was broadcasting if both her and R'iz could hear him. She did have a lot of time as she was quite young on candidate terms. There was no rush to find her dragon as nice as it might have been. Nala needed to keep this firmly in mind.

"Of course! Rest up and you'll be out of here soon!" Nala gave a wave and a bright smile before walking briskly out.  

magnadearel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff