Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:20 am
User ImageUser Image

It had been about a week since the story teller had appeared, telling heroic tales of adventure. It didn't surprise Sierra at all that Zareen had been completely taken by his stories. While of course a mother hopes her daughter will fall for a nice stallion. But in this case it wasn't the stallion she was falling for. Zareen had always been strong willed and adventurous, just like her aunt Serafina, and from the moment he started telling her tales of distant places and monsters he and his friends had fought Zareen was starry eyed. A dangerous combination.

Don't worry so much Sierra, I'm sure Zareen's fine. Flavia said, reading the worry lines on her face. Sera may be many things but she won't let anything happen to that girl. If everything works out Zareen won't even need to know we fallowed her. She gets her adventure and you get to keep your peace of mind. Flavia hopped from rock to rock looking for the red caped mushrooms.

I know, Sierra said softly but mother's worry. It's our job after all...maybe some day you'll understand. Sierra paced a little pretending to look for mushrooms. Being a mother of three children was enough of an adventure for her.

Mother's intuition had been on Sierra's side then because sure enough once Zareen thought everyone was asleep she left camp, sneaking off into the night alone. Well, at least she thought she was alone. Sierra woke her sisters, grabbed a few supplies and they have been quietly tailing her ever since. The job Zareen picked was easy enough so Sara stayed with her (in the shadows of course) to make sure she stayed safe. Sierra enjoys cooking and while they were out this far she might as well keep busy, so mushroom soup sounded like the perfect stress relief.

[color=#1F45FC][/color][color=#6a84fd][/color]

Mushroom Soup
The Forgemaster's favourite food is mushroom soup. However, he doesn't often have time to go out and collect the mushrooms to make it. Find him enough mushrooms to make the stew and he'll not only share a meal with you but he'll grant you a shiny gold piece (or two).

Goal: Collect 20 mushrooms.
Instructions: Roll 1d6 and match your rolls to the outcomes below!
  1. This mushroom is a little slimy and you're not entirely sure if that's a good thing or not. The last thing you want to do is give the Forgemaster food poisoning so you test it yourself. That's the only thing you remember and you wake up sometime later in a haze. -3 mushrooms
  2. In the remnants of a decaying log, you find the mother load. The largest mushrooms you've ever seen! And even more lucky, you remember these mushrooms and know they're good to eat! (+5 mushrooms)
  3. You seem to have stumbled into a large thicket of brambles. It takes you some time to pull all the thorns out of your sides and it seems as though they tore a hole in your sack and you lost some mushrooms. (-2 mushrooms)
  4. Some of the woodland creatures got curious at the soquili traipsing through their home. You seem to be making an awful lot of noise and they want you gone asap! They brought you some mushrooms to help speed the process along. (+3 mushrooms)
  5. Nothing out of the ordinary with this find, you just happened to sniff them out. (+1 mushroom)
  6. Seems like another group of woodland creatures doesn't like you stealing their mushrooms. They perform an elaborate trick of death defying skill while another pilfers your sack! (-1 mushroom)

Reward: 10 gold pieces

Word Count - 306  
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:18 am
-3 = 0 mushrooms

Hey Seirra, Flavia shouted, I think I found one! She went to carefully pick it up with her teeth and was suddenly grossed out. Eww, it's slimy. She spit indignity from the disgusting aftertaste (and thought of what was just in her mouth). No, never mind, that won't do at all!

Sierra went back to her search pattern, trying to keep some sense of order to the process. Yeah, mushrooms shouldn't be slimy. We'll find some soon, I'm sure! She thought to herself But even if we don't at least I wont be sitting worried about Zareen and Sara.

WC - 99  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:28 am
0 + 1 = 1 mushroom

Sierra couldn't help worry lightly about her daughter, even now that she was full grown. For a moment she almost forgetting to keep looking for mushrooms until suddenly she spotted a red topped and white spotted mushroom. She picked it up carefully with her teeth and set it on a rock next to their supplies. I found one! Just 19 more to go! That feeling of accomplishment filled her to the brim and her worries disappeared.

WC - 76  
odet amo generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:36 am
1 - 2 = 0 mushrooms

With the excitement of finding the first mushroom of the day Flavia wasn't watching where she stepped. She hit a slippery rock and...Owch! she howled when her bottom made contact with a prickle bush. A rush of growled cuss words came flying out of her mouth.

Hearing Flavia's painful howl Sierra came running. Are you alright, she began. To her surprise Flavia's rump was covered in large spikes. While of course it wasn't funny, and obviously very painful,
Sierra couldn't help but laugh at the site of her. Get these things off of me. NOW!!! she growled. After several painful minutes and more cursing then Sierra had ever heard in her sheltered life, they returned to their "base" rock for a drink and a breather from all the excitement. To their dismay the first mushroom was gone and they were back to square 1. 0 mushrooms, 20 to go...

WC - 149  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:26 am
0 - 1 = 0 mushrooms again...

After their prickle bush adventure they decided to move in to the forest a bit further and set up a new camp. This time when they would find a mushroom one of them will hold it on their person. Flavia strapped her pouch to her arm and helped Sierra slip her satchel on over her head. I'm not sure what pilfered our mushroom before, but if we keep them on us at all times we shouldn't have a problem. Flavia declared confidently.

They searched the new area hopeful for a better outcome. That's when things got weird. ATTACK!!! the squirrels screamed from the trees and a borage of acorns, pinecones, sticks, stones and whatever else they could find, came flying at them. There is NO way this is happening! Woodland creatures love me!!! Sierra ducked her head and tried to run as fast as possible. She barely missed running into a tree and nearly fell twice but kept going. Tell that to the killer squirrels back there! Flavia cried back as a nut hit her between the eyes. A few more curse words littered the air.

WC - 186  
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:50 am
0 - 1 = 0 mushrooms still

The flying forest articles came to a stop. Flavia and Sierra work there way towards a clearing just encase. Why don't we try searching out in the open for a little bit. Flavia half asked. Maybe if they don't have the high ground we'll be safe for a little. Sierra half responded searching the tree line for anything dangerous

They returned to their searching but unfortunately it wasn't long before they found another mushroom. This time it wasn't the squirrels that were angry. The sky filled with shrill cry's and the sky turned dark from the crows filling the sky. Sierra, back away...slowly. NOW! Flavia growled somewhere between panic and fear. We don't want to learn why they are called a MURDER. Sierra didn't fight this and backed up quickly, Flavia followed at a more cautious pace. As they left the clearing the skies cleared of birds and only black feathers drifting in the air were left. They didn't return to the clearing despite the sudden change of heart on the crows part.

WC -173  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:04 am
0 - 1 = 0 mushrooms

Sierra continued to backup at a fairly quick pace. She still wasn't convened the birds wouldn't come after them. Unfortunately she backed right into a prickle bush of here own. Long thin spikes made contact with her rump. Ouchie she muffled her scream, encase the crows were still lessening. Flavia didn't seem to even notice because she backed herself right up into Sierra.

Hun why'd you... she turned her head but found no need to finish her sentence. oh...well hun, serves you right for laughing at me earlier. Sierra whimpered in pain, and a little bit of shame too. Don't give me that look, I'll get your pretty little butt fixed. With each thorn Flavia pulled Sierra winced in pain but kept herself from crying out. No need to bring attention to this. she kept telling herself.

WC - 137  
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:24 pm
0 - 3 = 0 Mushrooms

Sierra gingerly layed down. Her rump still rather sore from the whole ordeal. Looking up she noticed a red shape. A MUSHROOM! Finally, she thought. Looking around she noticed Flavia had disappeared, probably gone off on her own to keep looking. Sierra stared at the mushroom, it had a green gloop of something slimy on it. Carefully she plucked it. Sure enough it was slimy like the first one. This can't be right, she said. Maybe they're supposed to be that way? Going against her better nature she decided to try a little. If it was suppose to be slimy it would stink to throw out a "perfectly" good mushroom. The world got a little fuzzy...then nothing.

WC - 117  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 am
0 + 3 = 3 Mushrooms

Flavia decided to go off on her own, searching together wasn't getting them anywhere and Sierra as starting to crack under the pressure of the whole ordeal. Then she heard a stick crack. Every vain in her body ran cold in fear. To her surprise when she turned around she saw three bright green mushrooms sitting on a rock and a fluffy squirrel tail darting away. Are these for me? she half whispered, fearful of getting pelted by forest items again. When only silence answered her, she tiptoed up and added them to her bag.

WC - 95  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:23 am
3 - 2 = 1 Mushrooms

Not wanting to trample back through the area she just came through, fearful she would upset the squirrels again, Flavia worked her way through a dense part of the forest. Before she new it she found herself surrounded by prickle bushes. Oh no, not again... she thought. Carefully she tiptoed her way through the thicket to the other-side. Unfortunately she didn't realize one of the thorns ripped a whole in her bag. 2 of her newly found mushrooms fell out.

WC - 80  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:30 am
1 + 5 = 6 Mushrooms

It couldn't have been better then this. The sun shone down on a rotten log and sure enough it was filled with mushrooms. Large plump gray ones. These are perfect! Flavia quickly filled her bag up and continued hunting for mushrooms. A few more logs like this one and we will be golden. I hope Sierra isn't getting herself into too much trouble...

WC - 63  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:31 am
6 + 3 = 9 Mushrooms

With all the running earlier Flavia must have gotten herself turned around. Because before she new it she found herself right back at the crow clearing. A few black feathers still littered the ground. This isn't good she thought and began to back up carefully. Three shadows flew down from the trees and she froze. To her surprise though the three crows landed and set down 3 plump red mushrooms. For me? she asked hopefully. The crows just nodded their heads and disappeared back into the trees. Thank you! she told the now empty air and carefully put them in her bag. She made sure to leave as peacefully and respectfully as possible.

WC - 113  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:32 am
9 - 2 = 7 Mushrooms

Carefully Flavia retraced her steps back to were she had left Sierra. To her surprise she found her out cold with a half eaten slimy mushroom in front of her. Please say you didn't try that one, I told you it was bad. Slimy is not the right consistency for mushrooms. She shook her and finally Sierra came to. A little woozy and incoherent but seemingly fine. Flavia caught her up on all the excitement and luck she had on her search (while Sierra was being irresponsible. Flavia dumped out her bag proudly And I even managed to find 11 mushrooms she said proudly!

Flavia, I might be a little out of it but...I only count 7. Mind you they are a little blurry, but really, there are only 7 mushrooms. Flavia searched her bag but found the hole that must have let 4 mushrooms slip out of her grasp. She did her best to stuff the hole with some moss from the forest floor to try and keep it from happening again.

WC - 173  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:33 am
7 + 3 = 10 Mushrooms

While the two sat there fairly sad about the the 4 lost mushrooms, three little birds flew down dropping three mushrooms on them. They could only stare at each other in disbelief.

WC - 32  

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
odet amo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

odet amo
Crew

Fiendish Nymph

41,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:34 am
10 + 1 = 11 Mushrooms

Standing up they returned to their search. You know, I didn't actually believe you when you said the squirrels and crows just gave you some mushrooms. Sierra said randomly.

I know and honestly if you had told me the same thing I wouldn't have believed you either...look a mushroom! Flavia pointed to the base of the tree ahead.

WC - 58  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces