Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Give a Little Whistle (Misty, Nanuth, R'iz, and Bossu) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:43 am
It had been a week since that fateful day on the sands, Zamistia still couldn't believe that she had managed to impress her first time out. Sure, Shar had told her that a dragon must have thought she was worthy and she had hoped, but she didn't think her dragon really would be out there. However, it seemed she and most of the few friends she had made had been chosen by wonderful dragons. She felt bad for Nala, but she made sure her friend knew they were always there for her. Nanuth had put in his own assurance on that, wanting her to know they could always come to them. The young woman also knew the candidates would be dealing with a new teacher themselves, which she had been sad about. Sure, she didn't know the previous candidatemaster as well as others, but he seemed like a nice guy to her.

They will be fine, Mine, Nala has nothing to worry about. The kind of person she is, the new candidatemaster will see no reason to be upset with her. Plus, hopefully this new person will teach those who need it some manners,the brown assured, though the last part in a bit of a grunt. He hated that some of the candidates had been so rude, but he knew not all of them had been. He did not mind a teacher that challenged him, so he had respect for their Weyrlingmaster, he hoped the candidates would get someone like that. They would have to ask Nala the next they saw her what their new teacher was like.

I guess you are right, Nanuth. I just can't help but worry for those..left behind. For now, time for us to check on...R'iz and Bossuth,the red head thought back, gently patting her beloved brown's head. They had been to the infirmary every day for the past week, checking on Tizenia and R'iz. Even though the latter had usually been asleep when they went in, she still felt it was the right thing to do. In her and Nanuth's eyes, friends were like family too, even if not by blood. So the pair walked into the infirmary together and headed over to where the bronze Weyrling pair had been every time they came.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:31 am
Around lunchtime there had been quite a few healers poking and prodding at sensitive stitches and checking to see how he was fairing, replacing bandages and tightening things up where they needed. Eating was it's own lovely process that he didn't even want to think about most days and even though he was usually laying horizontal on his back, R'iz didn't feel all that stronger from the day he'd come to now even. Maybe it was because of how much blood he'd lost and how much his body would have to remake in order to function properly, but he'd slept as much as possible, the impending headaches of being awake not something he wanted to deal with even if it gave him time to wrap around Bossuth. For his part, the little bronze had simply laid over top of him, not exactly stressed out but not willing to let his rider be touched until he woke by anyone that might even be there to do him well. Though he could reach R'iz's mind he couldn't talk to him and it would worry him.

Luck would have at least one of the pair awake as another redhead walked through the door with her large brown lifemate at her side. Lifting his head from where it had been resting on the pillow beside R'iz's, Bossuth gave a small trumpet towards them as they approached and nuzzled at the exposed skin of his rider's cheek in earnest hope that he'd wake up right away. It took the better part of a few moments but the pain that was shooting through the redhead's face at his jaw being moved so much brought him out of slumber with a grunt. Hungry? came the sleepy question in his young mind, though instantly the teen knew that wasn't what it was. If his dragon was hungry than more often than not he was starving himself and it wasn't just because of his mostly liquid diet for the past week.

What brings you both here again today? Did you come to check on your sister? Bossuth creeled a bit thinking of Zamistia's wounded sister, though she'd been tended to by the same skilled healers as his Radish. So many hurt, still. His wings spread out over R'iz's body as the boy pulled the ties of his robe tight over the bandages on his chest since he knew who was coming thanks to his dragon. A moment or two passed before he was awake enough and not dizzy enough to sit up and cast an amused if tired look over at the other weyrling pair.

So many people were coming to visit him suddenly. R'iz was logically certain it was for Bossuth and let that rest despite the little bronze's admonishment.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:43 am
Zamistia was glad to see Bossuth was awake and managed a small smile at his trumpeted greeting. She heard Nanuth beside her give a gentle trumpet of his own in return. When the bronze covered his rider, the young woman made sure to avert her eyes, figuring the healers must have been working on his bandages before they came. Her heart clenched a little at the soft creel as Bossuth asked about the purpose of their visit today. Since she wanted to give R'iz time to fix his robe, having seen him stir a but under his dragon, she nudged Nanuth to answer his brother.

Actually, we checked on young Tizenia this morning, while you both were resting. We would have stayed longer, but Mine needed to make sure to take care of me. So we decided to check back during lunch, since we have the rest of the day off. We wanted to see how the two of you are doing,the brown explained calmly, allowing Misty to sit down in a chair near the bed. He nudged her gently, to let her know she could look again, as R'iz sat up. Feeling her thinking about how R'iz was here because of her made him surround her in a warm blanket of love, before laying his head in her lap.

"It is good to see...you both awake. I am sorry if we...woke you up, though. I figured lunch would be..a good time to stop by. We can come back later..if that would be better,"Misty spoke up quietly. This earned her a gentle tail wrapped around her waist and mental assurance from her own dragon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 am
Upon seeing the smile that lit up Zamistia's face the little bronze sent her a warm wash of happiness, directing it at both her and his larger brown brother so that it didn't seem rude in any way. Fact was that he loved his brother but could tell just from his reserved way that he wouldn't enjoy any of it in large quantities, just as Shar hadn't enjoyed it very much, so he only sent a little spark to Nanuth as he slid down to sit at the edge of the bed with R'iz sitting up finally. Exhaustion seemed to be seeping from the redhead as he looked at his friend, but really he was happy to see that the girl was well and that her dragon was growing so swiftly. In response to her words he simply shook his head and nodded to Nanuth, casting a glance over at Bossuth as he did so.

Picking up on exactly what his rider was attempting to get across, Bossuth tilted his head a little and looked at Nanuth. He says thank you for keeping him up to date during the hatching and that he's happy you chose Zamistia and got her off the sands quickly since she was in danger. In fact he was rather happy that his brother had kept him up to date as well and kept sending him reports, for he knew full well that R'iz had been slipping into a dark place at the time, it was one of the things that had stressed him out the most. I hope your's sister is doing well, she got attacked just as badly by our cousin when she was upset as Radish did and I know she was worried.

Due to how much he'd been sleeping R'iz hadn't at all paid attention to those that were around him but Bossuth at least had, keeping tabs on those that had been wounded at the hatching to see how they were doing and if any of them would need some support. He'd been radiating some love for them all, support of a type that he could even when he couldn't reach his own rider's active mind thanks to sleep.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:03 am
Zamistia felt the happiness from Bossuth, which made her feel better about being here. That and the addition of the shake of the head from R'iz, it meant they weren't bothering either of them. She could tell her friend was exhausted, but she wasn't surprised when he had been hurt as badly as he had been. She softly stroked the top of her dragon's head, Nanuth sharing what he was getting from his brother. It had made her happy when her brown had been kind enough to fill the others in on what they were missing. She knew he had done it because of her worries, but he had thought of how to put her at ease. Though she could speak, she decided to allow her brown to reply to his brother first, so mentally encouraged him.

I was glad to do it, brother, I knew he didn't know what was going on. Plus, my light was worrying about things, so I wanted to comfort her in a way too. I couldn't choose anyone else, I knew her heart as soon as I broke shell. I am just thankful that I could get to her in time, before anything harmed her. I want to thank your own for watching out for Mine, making sure to protect her before I could. For that alone, I am eternally grateful to him and Yulan's rider as well. Yes, Tizenia is doing alright, despite feeling restless. It was lucky that there were people there to help her. How are you and your's doing, Bossuth?the brown asked gently. He felt his brother's gentle love to him, which he sent his own love back to the other.

"Thank you, Bossuth, for picking...R'iz to be your rider. I know he said he..wanted us to find our's, but...I was hoping he would...find his joy as well. He does so much for me,"Misty added, feeling her own eyes watering a little as she spoke.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 am
Tilting his head just a bit to the side, curiosity in his eyes for what had happened to Zamistia's sibling, Bossuth could only hope that it wasn't as bad as what had befallen his own match and spread a wing over R'iz's legs as a result from Nanuth's words. Of course he understood what his brother meant by "he couldn't have chosen anyone else' but that hadn't exactly been what he'd meant when he'd thanked him. All the same, the little bronze let it roll off his back and chirped at the redheaded girl the way that Mint or Phin would when they were happy. For it was true, he could see into R'iz's memories that he did quite a bit for the girl and all his friends really and the little dragon knew what the cause of his injuries were.

He was doing what he felt was right, he's lost a lot of people to have to lose another human. I don't think he'd have handled that as well as his injuries. Bossuth chose in that moment not to pass those feelings along to R'iz, though he knew somehow the boy would know what Nanuth was telling him all the same. Until we can get out of the Healers I don't know how to answer that. He always is asleep or anxious and restless himself. It must be hard to be a worker and suddenly be forced not to work. But it's nice to be able to stay here with him and simply be together. He could tell from his rider's memories and thoughts that there would be very little opportunity for that in the future, so he would gladly take it as he had it now.

A hand reached out gently to pull at his wing, fingers tracing over the sails lightly and one gold eye keeping an eye on Bossuth's face that made his eyes turn bright greens and purples. There would always be time it seemed, for his faceted eyes and big hearts knew what he was being told.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:00 pm
Zamistia heard the little chirp that Bossuth gave, it reminded her of Blanket when he was happy. Speaking of the little flit, he popped in like he sensed her thinking about him. As he rubbed his head against her cheek, she realized it was because he must have sensed her tears. Reaching up with her spare hand, she stroked the top of his head lovingly. When Nanuth shared with her mind what his brother said, she looked gently at her friend. What would he have done if it had been her, Shar, or any of the others R'iz knew who had been lost on those sands? While she was in theose thoughts, she felt feet on her and looked down to find Nanuth with his front feet on her, nuzzling her cheek too. Her dear brown boys, what would she do without them? When she assured them both in her mind she was fine, Blanket settled on her shoulder and Nanuth looked to his brother.

Mine says that she can only imagine there is not much one can do in the infirmary. So it is understandable he would probably be sleeping a lot of the time. My light says that adding the fact he can't talk just adds to it. However, you two will probably have bonding down pretty well by the time you come out of here. And if it makes you feel any better, mine is not good at losing anyone either. So I know she is glad R'iz and her sister are alright. I personally do not think it would have done her any good if she lost them,the brown admitted quietly. He wished he could keep her safe from all pain, but knew he couldn't.

"I don't know if it..is any help, but we can...visit every chance we get. I am okay with Bossuth...talking for both of you..until you can. I mean, we have been..coming anyway,"Misty offered.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:48 am
Different hues of purple and blue swirled in Bossuth's eyes when he saw a little brown fire lizard light on Zamistia's shoulder protectively, for he hadn't missed those tears or the feelings that went along with them. Sure, they weren't as strong as the feelings that he got from his Radish, but he could pick up on all sorts of emotions from everyone around him if he was paying attention. One hand ran down the little bronze's neck and pulled his attention back to his own beloved rider which earned the redhead a bump from the end of his dragon's nose. You pick up on a lot of feelings, but you shouldn't pry too hard at others. Misty deserves to relax with her two brown lifemates too. And it was the truth, even if his spoke it with a voice tinged with exhaustion, for there were moments that he had with his own rider that he didn't want to share with anyone else.

It's good that she didn't have to lose anyone this time then, though Hatchings can be violent from what I've been told. R'iz still has a friend that will be standing as a candidate again in the future, so when he's awake there's been some concern. Bossuth admitted gently, yellow edging at the edges of his eyes like was prone. Honestly I'll be happiest when he's out of the healers, naturally, but please let yours know that you two can come as often as you like. It's terribly boring in here when I'm awake and my Radish isn't.

As a reflection of his words, R'iz was nodding his head gently with a smile on the un-bandaged half of his face. Being able to talk on his own was going to be a treat after being silent for so long, but as it stood he couldn't even stay awake long enough to bother talking to anyone. Even now his eyes were drooping a bit as he stayed sitting up but he was thrilled that Bossuth had a visitor, still believing that's who most were coming by for, so he wasn't about to fall asleep and take that away from his dragon. He needed more socializing as it was and with his rider being a failure at getting that for him with his constant sleep it was good.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:36 am
Zamistia watched the little signs of affection between R'iz and Bossuth, though she did not know if any words were exchanged. Granted, she knew that was for them to know, just like it was when she was speaking to Nanuth. Her own fingers were scratching behind his head knobs, since he had gotten comfortable in her lap. She knew she needed to enjoy this for now, since soon he would be too big to curl up with her like this. When Nanuth passed Bossuth's next words to her, a soft sigh escaped her lips. She had also heard how violent hatchings could be and now had proof, so she was worried herself.

"Nala and Tizzy both..will be out there...next time. That is if my...sister decides to keep...being a candidate. I honestly am worried..something could still happen..to either of them..the next time they stand,"Misty admitted. The thought scared her, which caused Nanuth to place his tail protectively around her waist. He urged her to take some calming breaths, seeing her thoughts were getting away from her again. He really was amazing with her, she loved her brown baby so much. Blanket chirped his own encouragement, which filled her heart with more love.

As you can see, Mine has similar worries for those who are still candidates. Honestly, the past few days, she has been thinking of what your's told her after they met. Though she is still scared to ask a person she doesn't know for help, even if it is their job. I think it would be best and I know she does deep down too. And don't worry, we plan to visit every day, our schedule permitting,Nanuth thought gently to his brother.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 3:38 am
'Tizzy' was not a name that Bossuth or R'iz even pretended to know, but as she'd followed up the statement by saying her sister might not have decided to continue it was fairly clear that was a nickname for her sister, Tizenia. Despite his exhaustion the redhead gave a wave of his hand, as if to dispel any of Zamistia's negative thoughts about candidates standing. It would be her sister's own decision of course, but if she was strong enough, if she'd listened well enough during her lessons, then she wouldn't be fool enough to leave after earning some scars, after nearly dying. It was part of life after all, especially life as a Candidate when Thread was falling over Pern. Nalacko might have seemed as though she were of some concern and even he was worried about her on some level, but there was never any worry in him about her standing or not. She'd been standing for quite some years to let it all go away, all he was worried about was her being alone.

If she didn't understand that yet then he'd talk to her once his jaw was all set again and it was possible.

Given his memories, I doubt that yours should be concerned or even afraid to meet the mind healer Radish was seeing and likely will be in the future. She can come with him someday if she likes, or at least now she has you to go with her should she be too afraid to take the first step. Bossuth tilted his head in concern that anyone would be afraid to meet someone new, though as R'iz had been informing him, that was a strength that he possessed where many others didn't. If you like, one time I can call Mharlith and his to come and meet you both here if you like, where it'll be on neutral ground?

A nice common ground seemed to make the most sense to the little bronze and he nodded his head over at Misty, giving her a tiny little zip of affection, lest she think he was being too cruel.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:02 am
Zamistia saw the look of confusion, mentally kicking herself when she realized she had used her sister's nickname. Of course she shouldn't have expected her friend to know that nick, it was the first time she had ever used it around him. At the wave of his hand, even without him speaking, she knew he was telling her he wasn't worried. On what exactly, she wasn't sure, but she would assume he meant about her talk of those who were still candidates. She would have to ask him at some point, once he could speak again. Then Nanuth relayed what his brother had suggested concerning the mind healer he was seeing. She bit her bottom lip in thought, before nodding her head softly.

"I..think that is a....good idea to have..her meet me when..you and R'iz are..around. I don't mind if..it is here or...when R'iz goes to..see her,"she spoke up softly.

It makes her feel better knowing she would have friends around when seeing your rider's mind healer. I am going to have to work with her more to make her less..timid. Little light is so bright, but scared of her own shadow, if her own memories are anything to go on. If you think this mind healer can help, then I am all for it. Oh and she wanted to thank you for your affection,Nanuth told Bossuth.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:40 am
Unable to lift an eyebrow in question, or at least not one that she would know was a question given that half of his face was under heavy bandages, R'iz simply let any expression on Zamistia's face pass. If she hadn't grasped what he meant then eventually he'd explain it to her, there was plenty of time before the next clutch for him to do so. And by then most likely her sister would have made her decision, though at least he could try and help Nala with her own, he had no sway over a girl he didn't know. For Misty he'd try if she put him in that situation, but given he was friends with her and not her younger sister... it didn't likely matter.

Instead he nodded at her stammered words and sent something to Bossuth that had the little bronze trumpeting quietly.

Healers are nothing to be concerned about, he says. It's everything else she should be worried about, but the healers aren't there to hurt you. His own memories of nearly dying to thread say that much, it was healers that helped him after a green rider saved him. A mind healer is no different, but this one is a bit special. She'd never need to thank us or request help when it's ready to be given. Bossuth trumpeted again and bounced his head, eyes dancing blues and greens of amusement and happiness. Any friend of his Radish's was a friend of his after all. In fact he went to tell his rider that, but noticed that the redhead was beginning to sag just a bit, despite his own wishes. Hmmmm...

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:06 am
Zamistia caught the nod from her friend, she was really glad he had suggested it when they first met. Yes, she was scared of meeting someone new, but R'iz seemed to trust this mind healer a lot. Since he did, then the red headed young woman knew she could make the effort to speak to her. Then she heard the quiet trumpet from Bossuth and the questioning look the bed confined red head couldn't show, came to her own face. She looked down to her brown baby dragon in her lap, to see if he knew what his brother was thinking. Thankfully, she didn't need to rely on him this time, hearing the little bronze herself this time. Nanuth wasn't going to tell her it had been directed to them both this whole time, knowing that it would just upset her for not noticing. She did notice the sag from her friend and began to nervously stroke Nanuth's head.

"Oh, I am sorry..R'iz, you probably need..to get some sleep. We probably wore you...out. We will head back..to the barracks,"she hurriedly said.

See, what I mean, I have my work cut out with her. And I don't think it is the healer she is worried about, really, but more the memories that will be drudged up. While it isn't like your's almost dying in thread, she does have her own..little demons to face. However, I do think it is what she needs to be the shining beacon I know she can be,Nanuth thought to his brother. He made sure his rider heard him too, as he did with all his communications. While he was at it, he sent soothing thoughts to his rider, reminding her they would tell them when they should leave.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:39 am
Under normal circumstances, R'iz might have tried to rally himself, square his shoulders up and show that he was just fine thank you and had zero issues so that the poor girl didn't need to run away. But not only could he not speak, truly he really was beginning to wear out and sort of hated himself for it. It's only been a week though, it simply takes time to heal. Bossuth stated to him, for once only talking to his rider directly and cutting the other two out. They didn't need to hear what the healers had been telling the both of them since their arrival. Of course that didn't change anything, his was still too tired.

Turning bright eyes on them, the little bronze bobbed his head once again and gave them what could have been a dragon-smile. You'll have plenty of time to work with her of course, but she'll come around, surely. The mindhealer will help pull her out of whatever she's stuck behind. But if anyone can help her best it's you, brother.

Hearing dragons, especially both Nanuth, who he'd heard while he was with the healers at the side of the hatching, and Bossuth who he would never not hear again, was something that R'iz had come t be used to. In fact he wasn't entirely sure he could live without it ever again if he'd just heard them once and then never Impressed. This was so true that even when he heard Nanuth again, something he'd begun to get used to from the quiet brown, it still made him smile.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:00 am
Zamistia knew R'iz was getting tired, she could see it as clear as day, remembering what it was like when her grandfather was sick. She felt Blanket and Nanuth both give a reassuring nudge at the thoughts, which she mentally thanked them for. She didn't need to start dissolving into tears, not again..she could do that later when they got back to the barracks. That and if she had learned anything about R'iz in the short time she had known him, knew he would feel bad if he thought he was the cause of her tears. So borrowing some of her baby's mental strength, she allowed herself to take a deep breath. Focus on Bossuth, she reminded herself, as the bronze began to speak.

"I will work...on being stronger, like everyone else..is. I am sure if..this healer as helped...R'iz..then she can help...me too,"she spoke quietly. She didn't even know that this mind healer and her actually had at least one thing in common.

I have no doubt, I know my light and will make sure she is the best she can be. She will always be my guidance, the least I can do is be her strength. Though, brother, do not forget, you should let your light shine too,Nanuth reminded. He remembered what had happened on the sands all to well.

Hattaki

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces